Bob you are right on. What i meant about being between you two is that you see RB as a true full on DAW, some see it as a wannabe. I see it like you a very viable product, but one that you have to learn and setup right.

I have at least three other DAW programs on my Audio machine, it is a 8 year old AMD 2400+ XP machine with 2 gigs of ram and two hard drives. Nothing special, and it runs RB.PTPA/BiaB,MC5/MTS with ease. I use sampletank, and TTS as synths and use RTs and RDs frequently. I did set the machine up for audio/midi recording and playback. But it was a hand built system, that has at one time been the family e-mail/internet system, and at that time a DAW as well.

Since then my daughter bought a new lappy and i got here older desktop which now runs linux fedora 13 for all browsing and e-mails, and general computing. Leaving the old gal to handle recording only. She got a recent reinstall of windows and a few tweaks, the old M-audio 24/96 is 8 years in and still kicking.

I am planning a new DAW this year, but not in a hurry she records up to 12 to 15 tracks with synths and effect just fine.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.