Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Playing around with orchestral sims by Teunis @ 10/21/20 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: floyd janeThat's a better balance, Tony... Thanks FJ. The other was how it came out of the box just the notes as is. The tune itself is very simple. I see a number posts regarding how and what instruments to apply to midi. In this case the BB style NR_GENT+.STY GENT. Nashville Rock + which is essentially country/rock based style with guitars, piano and bass. I just sent some of the the tracks to orchestral instruments to come up with something different. There a
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: aug or + chords do not seem to play correctly by sixchannel @ 10/21/20 02:04 PM

Matt, I think you have it. Ch I have NA turned off. If the RT can't or won't play what I ask,and I rarely go to 'Jazz' chords, I try a few alternatives. What I find curious however is when I've finished entering a series of quite 'normal' chords I often get a yellow box come up saying X percentage are fancy chords and consider NA. If I've purposely turned it off in Options,why flag it? Bests Ian
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: It was Your Grace by Janice & Bud @ 10/21/20 01:37 PM

Strong spiritual write and performed with a fine strong vocal. As fj said the band is perfecto for the arrangement. Well done! J&B
Foro para el usuario de Band-in-a-Box en Español
Jump to new posts Re: Actualizacion by CarlosEArellano @ 10/21/20 01:17 PM

Hola Andreu, Al no ser el área que me corresponde, y para casos tan específicos, te recomiendo, siendo tu la persona que compró y registro la licencia de Band in a Box a tu nombre, comunicarte con nuestro departamento de ventas sales@pgmusic.com o nuestro chat "Live Help" en vivo (asequible en la pagina) y explicar la situación. Ten a la mano tu numero de cliente y cualquier soporte escrito o electrónico que hayas recibido al momento de tu compra. En el momento de contactar a
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Great Ear Training video and some thoughts by EdZ314 @ 10/21/20 12:51 PM

Recently I've decided to focus on some foundational skills including more keyboard practice and also ear training. I came across the video below today and it's one of the best that I've seen so far on ear training methods. Ear Training - Theory and Practice w/Dave Frank There are two things I wanted to comment on today, and they mainly relate to composing music. When I'm composing music, its always a challenge to create something that's not derivative of what I've already done or an existin
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Personal Update. by Bawb @ 10/21/20 11:05 AM

Hi Steve, Your quote "I understand my limitations, but refuse to be defined by a stroke." Inspiring...it takes courage to go through major health issues. I will pray for your full recovery. Believe you will be healed. Take care
RealBand
Jump to new posts Re: Live use Real Band by Rob Helms @ 10/21/20 10:45 AM

I know Our own Mr. “Notes” Norton, has been playing live for years with a laptop. He keeps a second old standby Lapps ready in case of failure. I personally played with RB as others have said and it worked great for the most part. I did over a three year stretch have about 3 or 4 files become corrupted. So I suggest making sure all you song files are saved in a second location. I like the laptop approach cause as Bob said you can fire other midi instruments. I had mine setup to control my TC
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ok mostly by eddie1261 @ 10/21/20 08:53 AM

I remember when there was a big one in Houston. Was that maybe Ike? Houston is 1300 miles from me. 2 days after the actual devastation in Houston, the winds from it came this far north and we had 80 mpg gusts with sustained winds of 50-55. That wind blew a tree over. That tree landed on a power transformer and caught fire. That fire burned a large amount of wiring that fed the building that was nearest to it. That building happened to be where the multiplexers and switches for my internet provid
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Need help in drum part by DPP @ 10/21/20 08:37 AM

Hi, I am making an arragement of Elton John's "Burn Down the Mission" from Tumbleweed Connection. I cannot seem to find a good drum solution for either the first slow part but especially the second fast section. Is there anyone who has done this or would be willing to put a drum part together? I will pay for it.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts A beautiful song with an animated video by Sierra Hull; by bobcflatpicker @ 10/21/20 07:57 AM

A beautiful song with an animated video by Sierra Hull; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCvXGEMmS0Y
Woodshedding - Learning to Play!
Jump to new posts Re: Guitar world best all star guitar teachers by etcjoe @ 10/21/20 07:43 AM

John Knowles.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Silence by floyd jane @ 10/21/20 07:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Noel96Hi floyd, Your words and your arrangement carried me back in time. This song reminds me so much of what my life was about when I was in my late teens and early twenties, and trying to make sense of how the adult world worked. A couple of very serious relationships really took their toll on me. Even now, looking back 40 years later, I so clearly remember that "...bit of dawn from the second floor apartment" and all the angst and heatbreak I felt at the tim
Foro para el usuario de Band-in-a-Box en Español
Jump to new posts Re: bass chef by Andreu Casado @ 10/21/20 06:58 AM

Muchísimas gracias carlos
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: There's Power When God's People Pray by Bawb @ 10/21/20 05:21 AM

Hi Ronnie, Good choice of the style and instruments. Great story and great story teller vocals. I feel like I have to go out to my garage now and get out the circular saw and jig saw. Ima gonna make you some 8 ft. letters that say AMEN! Thanks for posting this encouraging song. I enjoyed the listen!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Greatest Sonnet Ever Written by musician17 @ 10/21/20 04:07 AM

Thanks Deej - and yes, after a few listens once more, I've ended up totally agreeing with the fact that it's going too slowly. I will fix it; just need to find the time for it! Thank you so much for listening!!!
Forum des Utilisateurs Français de Band-in-a-Box
Jump to new posts Re: Metronome individuel by verysaxy @ 10/21/20 01:52 AM

Bon, visiblement mon truc n’intéresse personne. Dommage
UserTracks (and other add-ons)
Also If you are running Biab As Administrator: To run script only .ahk install https://www.autohotkey.com/ and set AutoHotKey.exe to Run As Administrator
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
39379 views and still waiting... Here's an updated tool to include Loop Start Remove .mp4 and unzip Download > Biab Count-In with Loop Start.zip.mp4 Watch: BB-AHK-Count-In & Start Loop.mp4 If you are running Biab As Administrator: To run script only .ahk install https://www.autohotkey.com/ and set AutoHotKey.exe to Run As Administrator To run .exe set to Run As Administrator This uses the system audio for the count-in beeps so if Biab is set to use the same Audio Device, un-check
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Mastering requires GOOD ears more than anything plus an awareness of psychacoutic tricks...not to use them but to recognize and avoid them as needed. A LOUDER master will, initially sound better to most listeners, a master that uses an enhancer/exciter will sound brilliant, initially. Louder, enhanced/excited do often cause listener fatigue and that's a bad, bad thing. Mastering is the process applied to a final mix - usually a stereo track/file/cut - to have it ready for reproduction and distr
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Azure Brasil by Noel96 @ 10/20/20 10:48 PM

Hi Bob, This is superb! I love that chromatic harmonic sound. You've got the knack! My dad used to play harmonica and listening to you took me back years to my childhood. Your melody is spectacular. You've captured the essence of bossanova very skillfully. My only suggestion is that if you ever re-visit this song, please make it longer! The beautiful music was over with way too soon. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey. Noel
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Fulsom Prison Blues as you're never imagined it! by bobcflatpicker @ 10/20/20 07:53 PM

Who ever started that BS about the guitar being dead needs to be smacked upside da head with a Les Paul, since that's the heaviest guitar I can think of. LOL
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: A personal message to my forum friends by Deej56 @ 10/20/20 06:20 PM

Stefan, My best wishes for both you and Maha, and hoping you both get to a better place soon. I always love hearing your work and cool videos (your latest being a total hoot), and the kind, supportive feedback you give us all on the board . . . and I'll miss hearing and seeing something new from you. But family and good health first--take care of what needs doing. It will all work out. Keep the faith, and come back to us when you can! Thoughts and prayers, Deej
User Showcase
This is a lovely and delicately balanced song and performance. It flows very nicely and is a very easy listen. The guitar has a particularly sweet tone. Just what I needed to get a little lift
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Pure by Deej56 @ 10/20/20 06:13 PM

Robert, Really like the sound and feel of this tune—that Muted16thsFintan Real Track is one of my favorites, always gives a great rhythm to a tune. Another very poetic write, but one that’s really grounded by that ending couplet “I’m looking up to be sure / found something pure”, further accentuated by the close. Very cool stuff. Like this one a lot. Best regards, Deej
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: She Sees Thru Gypsy Eyes (w/Belladonna) by Deej56 @ 10/20/20 06:12 PM

Al, Floyd, CaptainMoto, Robert, Leon, jpt3, Tunemonger, David, Dave, Scott, Dero13, J&B, Tangmo, Noel, Hans, rayc, Edz, and Greg: Sigh, once again I’m a bit slow in circling back and finding time to post on BIAB and, in particular, to thank you for your listens and kind words. I’m so pleased the song seemed to resonate. Belladonna’s lyric really intrigued me, and I was able to find the right feel for it pretty quick—which is always a good sign, I find. The BIAB production took i
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
PG Music News
The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Video - How to Transpose a Region of a Band-in-a-Box® Song

Want to learn how to transpose just one chorus of your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Check out our latest video, shared to the I want a video that shows me how to... forum: https://youtu.be/XiMrgtQ7u14

Band-in-a-Box® - What People Are Saying...

Wow, check out the latest feedback from Band-in-a-Box® users!

"I have one song I've been torturing over to get the sound right for quite some time and I merely keyed in the chords and what BB generated is awesome. Just what I hoped that song would sound like. What had taken me months to get right (and couldn't), the program could do in about an hour - AMAZING!"

"Great Ear Training Exercises! And I love that that you can set the tempo to whatever you choose. It's great for learning a tune!"

"A very good and easy to use musical program!"

"It's amazingly easy to use! Write a song? No problem! Add background sound track to a video? No problem! Put notes on a staff and have BB make up a chord progression and tell what key you are in? No problem! Start with a chord progression and have BB make a melody line? No problem!"

"Still the best practice tool I have found, great for running lines, improvising over and really helpful for working on song writing ideas as well! Good for beginners, and the more musical skill and knowledge you have the more you will get out of the software."

"I create demo songs with Band-in-a-Box, it helps me to get my ideas across to my engineer!"

"Been using Band-in-a-Box for years. Outstanding product from a great company!"

"It's like buying a Musical History Jukebox. It comes with probably 3000 styles and is like hiring session musicians to play rhythm with you, they even have soloists! It introduces you to so many types of rhythms that you other wise would know nothing about. "

"Paul McCartney said you gotta have a great band behind you. Well, Band-in-a-Box is my band."

"It's as easy as typing in the chords, choosing your style, instruments, etc., and off you go! Learning the tune? You can slow it down while you work on it then speed it up. My favorite analogy is a good chess program, which will play at your speed and level and is eternally patient!"

"I love my Band in a box, it does so much! Besides all the RealTracks and song ideas, it's a great tool to stay sharp with your licks. Social distancing got you down? Can't jam with friends? Pick out any song and go to the mixer button, there you can mute any instrument that's playing so you can jump right in and play along!"

"I love it. I'm a drummer, and Band-in-a-Box really keeps me on my toes!"

"The DAW plugin is really great. Trust me on this. I use it with Studio One.

"This is how I've been able to gig solo for the past 20 years. Band-in-a-Box is the great equalizer for us none rhythm players."

"Wouldn't want to be without it! One of the best things I bought in my life. Simple as that."

"As a songwriter I really love to work with Band-in-a-Box. The only limitation is your own creativity."

"I've used Band-in-a-Box for 25 years and thanks to this program and the advice of PG Music staff I've written over 100 songs. It's great software and amazing help to me as a musician. CONGRATS!!!"

Thank you for all the amazing feedback!

Band-in-a-Box® - A Teaching Tool!

Did you know that we offer Band-in-a-Box® LabPAK and Site License purchase options for schools? This is an ideal option for any educational institution looking to add Band-in-a-Box® to their curriculum.

Learn more about the LabPAK purchase options here: Windows | Mac.

How would a teacher use Band-in-a-Box® in a school setting?

A few ideas:
-practice sight reading with the students by following the on-screen notation
-display the Guitar Fretboard or Big Piano Window to watch the notes being played
-Trading fours! (etc.)
-generate a song for accompaniment during practice sessions
-create a practice song and save it as an audio file to send home with the student for additional practice!

...and more!

Wondering how to add a Band-in-a-Box LabPAK to your school? Feel free to contact us directly with any questions you might have! Click here to send us an email.

Forum Stats
33051 Members
68 Forums
66566 Topics
566146 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Heinz Lehmann, fasteddy, MJStone, RedFridge, Jared

33050 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Janice & Bud 149
CaptainMoto 132