Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: *New Song* Oh My Lord - Bluegrass Americana by Greg Johnson @ 11/11/18 05:07 PM

Great vibe......very emotional!! That fiddle is EXACTLY what is needed for this song....perfect. Love the drums too. This is such a cool song, and so well produced and mixed! Vocals shine as usual! Maybe my new fave of yours Rob!! Take care. Greg
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Older We Get, The Better We Were by Greg Johnson @ 11/11/18 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: floyd janeStefan, A very clever song (again). Very well produced and very well mixed. The video is really well done. A lot of fun to watch. (the drum parts were impressive!). Really enjoyed that. fj Yes, that was a treat!! Very well done song and video! Sax may have been a little too frenetic...I too have found a hard time finding the right sax sometimes in BIAB. Great job!! Take care. Greg
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Sun Forest by Greg Johnson @ 11/11/18 04:29 PM

SWEEEEEEEET!!! Never played with the melodist but this works great Eric. Nice playing!! Take care. Greg
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: 80s pop music sounds by Will Josef @ 11/11/18 04:19 PM

I recently bought the V collection from Arturia. Included is a perfect sounding DX7 - now as a soft synth. And much, much easier to program than the original. Take a listen:
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Weed by Will Josef @ 11/11/18 04:09 PM

Cool track! Like many others my first thoughts were Santana and Gilmour... not a bad duo to be inspired from. Thank you for sharing, Will
RealBand
Jump to new posts Re: Why won't Sforzando play BIAB strings? by Mike Head @ 11/11/18 03:46 PM

Hi Marty If you mean your through voice is not the track selected voice. Have you checked your Options/preferences/midi Thru make sure there is a tick in Track Specific. This way you should hear the track voice when you play your keyboard. I have written quite a long article about this sort of thing in Realband you may find some of this helpful Extract from article For simple every day use I would set my midi settings to Route MIDI playback to my default Dxi/Vst synth. And this is fine if tha
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bar Lyrics - 3rd Verse by Jim Fogle @ 11/11/18 03:44 PM

Hello zJamesAdams, Welcome to the PG Music forum! Are you using Band-in-a-Box, RealBand, Mac or Windows operating system, 2018 or earlier program? How to enter lyrics varies somewhat depending on the answers to these questions. We can better help you by providing a little more information. Until then, +++ HERE +++ is a link to the PG Music videos. Click on the tab for the program you have and then you can search that page for a video about how to enter lyrics.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Life is Wonderful by Will Josef @ 11/11/18 03:38 PM

funkycornwall, John and Tano Music. Thanks for you nice comments. Much appreciated! @John Yes, I noticed the digital click after I uploaded the track, but I'm not a pro-member of SoundCloud, so I don't think I can replace the track... at least I don't know how to do it being a non-paying member. @Tano Music I agree with you that repetitive music sometimes can be great to listen to, it can put you in certain meditative state of mind - I think that is why Ravel's Bolero or Phillip Glass' music
Woodshedding - Learning to Play!
This is one of the best instructional videos I've ever watched. Lots of good advice for any musician to follow when learning something new, not just guitar players. For guitar players you'll never find a better instructional video that provides clear, step-by-step instructions for how to learn to thumbpick. +++ Video Link +++
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freezing bars by Rustyspoon# @ 11/11/18 02:09 PM

Thank you! I will forward this thread to him.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Craigslist Opportunity by MarioD @ 11/11/18 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: eddie1261Originally Posted By: MarioDI just checked our Craigslist and I found out that my wife is trying to give me away! My last wife took me to a swingers party and I found out later that she had to add cash.....
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: Question about sounds included with Mixcraft by Larry Kehl @ 11/11/18 12:17 PM

Your original post, in this thread, was what do the SOUNDS included with Mixcraft sound like. You don't need to learn Mixcraft to hear the sounds for yourself. All you need is a (maybe few different types pop, classical, jazz,) GM MIDI file thus avoiding having to learn how to assign instruments to parts in Mixcraft (it's dirt simple but no need to get side-tracked on leaning even that much) Again download the free trail of Mixcraft then: -install it, -run it, -then under File - > P
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Hi All, Many thanks for the help with the (very detailed) MIDI info. I'm going to have do a bit more background as it looks like I do need to get some more understanding with all the above, before having a second look. Once again - many thanks for your help!
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way by Pipeline @ 11/11/18 09:59 AM

You mute the track where a riff ends then generate the next track to play from there this will work the same way that BB generates a whole track. If track 1 plays good until bar 19 you F5 mute @ 19 and freeze it now you can leave track 1 soloed (and the Audio track) now solo track 2 as well, track 2 will be F5 mute @ 1 so now we F5 back to normal @ 19 hit play generate until we get it to flow and fit from track 1 bar 18 to track 2 bar 19 and on until a good section of playing ends and a bad bi
Best of YouTube
Thanks Al and Di. I often hesitate to mention the many famous musician friends that I have known. Their numbers are dwindling. I met many who were entertaining at the NCO Clubs in Germany. I found most of them to be friendly and approachable. AddenDumb: Having jammed countless times with Bob Zimmerman (Dylan) in HS (c1957-58) may have helped me a bit but my long friendship with the late Nokie Edwards (of Ventures fame) led to meeting dozens of top guitarists, too many to name. I got out of t
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: scanning PDF to MIDI by fiddler2007 @ 11/11/18 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt FinleyI found that immediately on Google. Very pretty!! It will be most effective if you have that second part with it. I’m guessing by the low range that it’s a viola. Lovely drone part to start, moving into counterpoint. The chords are not there (only two tones) but are easily inferred if you want to have other instruments play it in BIAB. Do you have the skills to do that? And one drum hit at the end ? Funny. Well, i was doing it as an experiment, sort off
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Bohemian Rhapsody movie and Freddie's voice. by Ember - PG Music @ 11/11/18 08:58 AM

Originally Posted By: jfordSaw the movie today. Pretty clear there was a fair amount of artistic license taken, but a great movie nonetheless and the music is excellent. There definitely was. It was interesting that they wanted to make it "family friendly" considering how Freddie's life wasn't exactly kid friendly. I was curious how they would handle some of the darker/harder aspects of Freddie's life, and a lot of the choices were definitely made in an effort to make it more cinema
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I've no words by Chris37 @ 11/11/18 08:22 AM

Thanks Tom, I don't speak English very well, I don't sing very well but it was a challenge for me to do this because I like blues very much. Christian
Jump to new posts keyboard riffs you can practice by pghboemike @ 11/11/18 08:00 AM

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Big Wish: Specific BIAB genre purchases by JohnJohnJohn @ 11/11/18 07:52 AM

Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09With all due respect to OP and all the others who stand by her position, I think this is a terrible idea for a number of reasons (I don't have the time to explore fully at the moment). One of the main reasons is that once that Pandora's Box is open, we will be nickle-and-dimed to DEATH. Each genre will be broken into a half dozen sub-genres, which will then in turn be bundled in groups and sold as genre-specific Multi-Paks" for $40 each. Instead of the
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts nice product getting started presentation by pghboemike @ 11/11/18 07:05 AM

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/a-series-quickstart/navigate-the-browser/ thoughts on a similar one for biab/rb??
Off-Topic
If you are using Windows, you can download ThinkToy from Microsoft. It can synchronize data files from your C drive to an external with a couple of mouse clicks. At the end of a session, run it, and it will see which files have been either added or changed on the C drive and make the adjustments on the external drive. It also puts overwritten files in the recycle bin. Handy app. Insights and incites by Notes
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Jump to new posts Re: Midi to Audio by rharv @ 11/11/18 06:23 AM

Old school trick - Another option to get windows to sound different is to replace the gm.dls file in your Windows\system32\drivers folder. That's where windows itself gets the sounds. Editor/Translators like Vienna and ChickenSystems usually allow getting a font or other sound file to the DLS format. Back in the day there weren't as many options as we have now.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano recommendaton? by Charlie Fogle @ 11/11/18 04:56 AM

I'm a "chord hack" like David in his post above mine. That being said, I have friends that are very serious keys players. Both own multiple keyboards from different manufacturers. Both settled on playing Yamaha PSR-910 series keyboards as their main daily player. I was the original owner of one and sold it to one of these guys and he's used it daily since he bought it from me. He prefers the piano voices and feel of a Roland he owns but chooses the Yamaha for it's versatility, siz
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
PG Music News
With Band-in-a-Box®, Making Music Has Never Been Easier!

We came across this recent post, Music Making Software: Record, Edit, Create and Share Your Own Songs, which includes Band-in-a-Box® in their list of software you'll need to record and edit your own songs!

One of our favourite products, and one that doesn’t seem to come up much in discussions about music making software, is Band-In-A-Box from PG Music. This is probably the longest established and certainly one of the most popular music making software packages of all time. Already packed with features, the latest version has added functions that in our opinion make this an essential buy for musicians in any genre, for keyboard players, guitarists, singers, in fact any musician looking for an outstanding tool to make the most of their creative ideas.
-www.musicrepo.com

The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Forum Stats
28207 Members
59 Forums
54891 Topics
455194 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
rolandmammoliti, Lajos, stg, MichaelSF, Jaydude

28206 Registered Users