Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#277622 - 01/02/15 06:51 AM [User Showcase] Side Effects (Featuring Tom Adams on lead guitar)
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

SIDE EFFECTS (For those with SoundCloud issues: Side Effects )

Happy New Year everybody and thank you for your support, encouragement and your listening time over the past year. We appreciate you one and all!

Hey, ever get tired of the prescription drug ads (at least in the US) on tv and in all the magazines? And then there's the invariable listing of side effects they always throw at you.....thinking about them inspired this eight bar blues tune featuring Janice on vocals and Tom Adams (tommyad) on lead guitar. We welcome comments!

Vocal: Janice/Rodes NT1/Blue Icicle USB
Guitar Lead: Tom Adams (www.tommyadamsmusic.com) Thanks Tom!!
Bass: RT 1392 Jazz Ballad SW Very Simple
Piano R: RT 2167 Country Swing SW
Piano Solo (fills): RT 2047 Country SW
Drums: RD Blues Rock
Guitar R: RT 566 Blues SW (amp sim via Logic Pro X)
(All RT's and the Drum Track were comped from multiple regens)

Mixing: Logic Pro X
Effects/Mastering: Nectar 2/Ozone 6

Side effects

I get side effects from you baby yes I do
Yeah they come from hanging round you
Maybe I should have read your label cause
When you're away they make me blue

I get side effects every time you walk by
They always make me feel oh so high 
My heart flutters when you catch my eye

I get side effects when I'm in your arms
They come on quick and set off my alarms
I get dizzy when you turn on your charms

I get side effects when you call me sweetheart
when you say I'm yours they always start
They run my temperature right off the chart 

Come on baby give me some side effects

© 2015 Janice & Bud Merritt

#277625 - 01/02/15 07:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Maryland
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Janice and Bud,
What a great vocal performance and guitar lead. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed it. Happy New Year!
SD

#277632 - 01/02/15 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Really nice. Another great write, mix and performance. The Janice, Bud and Tom Team is gathering steam with each new post. You guys should have a great 2015. Your own unique sound is developing.

Charlie

#277654 - 01/02/15 09:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: SpaceDog]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
Janice and Bud,
What a great vocal performance and guitar lead. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed it. Happy New Year!
SD

Thanks....glad you enjoyed the spin...

J&B

#277662 - 01/02/15 10:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Just when I thought you guys couldn't get any better....WOW!! Vocal is killer, and Tom plays with an authority that few possess. Great job on EVERYTHING! Take care. Greg

#277685 - 01/02/15 10:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Really nice. Another great write, mix and performance. The Janice, Bud and Tom Team is gathering steam with each new post. You guys should have a great 2015. Your own unique sound is developing.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie. Suggesting we are developing our own sound is high praise and we appreciate it.

#277692 - 01/02/15 11:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Hehehe. I cheated and read the lyrics first - a great write - they're hilarious.

As usual, excellently sung by Janice, and the mix convinces me I'm surrounded by a group of professional players.

-- David

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#277723 - 01/02/15 12:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
You 2 make a great music pair; Love the use of side effects; thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#277795 - 01/02/15 04:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Janice, Bud and Tommy,

what witty lyrics. Great vocals and lead.
Your collaboration is a trademark.
Side effect: Great listening.
Happy New Your to the three of you.

Guenter

#277819 - 01/02/15 07:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Massachusetts
BruceI Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Massachusetts
Wow! Clever lyrics, sexy vocal, tasty guitar work, and a really nice arrangement and mix. The recording quality on the vocal is tremendous - so present, but still sitting well in the mix. I like it a lot!

Thanks,
Bruce

#277871 - 01/03/15 03:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Belgium
FredM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Originally Posted By: BruceI
Wow! Clever lyrics, sexy vocal, tasty guitar work, and a really nice arrangement and mix. The recording quality on the vocal is tremendous - so present, but still sitting well in the mix. I like it a lot!

Thanks,
Bruce

Indeed the vocal is so close i'd think you were standing next to me. All very well played composed and mastered.
Loved Tom's guitar play,

Greetings
Fred

#277872 - 01/03/15 03:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi there Janice, Bud & Tom.

Hey, what's not to like here? A super smooth blues with clever lyrics, excellent choice of RTs and some really nice relaxed guitar work.

And then, of course, there's Janice. What can I say that I haven't said before? Janice, when you sing like that you send shivers down my back. Wonderful.

Great track, team.

ROG.

#277905 - 01/03/15 08:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Janice Bud and Tom,

Hmmm you three are getting quite good grin
Great vocals and stellar guitar, as usual from Janice and Tom. And a lot of work I assume from Bud.

If only the side effects of prescription drugs were as delightful as this song then I would willing swallow the tabs I take. laugh

There are definitely no contraindications with 500 mgs of Janice and Bud; 500 mgs of Tom and 50 mls of BIAB. Guaranteed to make you happy!!

Alyn

My story

#277953 - 01/03/15 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: PgFantastic]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Just when I thought you guys couldn't get any better....WOW!! Vocal is killer, and Tom plays with an authority that few possess. Great job on EVERYTHING! Take care. Greg

Nice of you to say that Greg....this was one of my rare writes that came together relatively quickly. Most of them are geologic in time.
J&B

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Hehehe. I cheated and read the lyrics first - a great and they're hilarious.

As usual, excellently sung by Janice, and the mix convinces me I'm surrounded by a group of professional players.

-- David

Thanks David!!

Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
You 2 make a great music pair; Love the use of side effects; thanks for sharing!

Glad you liked it!

#277962 - 01/03/15 11:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Happy new year to you guys as well. Thanks for helping it get off to a very good note.

#277980 - 01/03/15 12:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Geez...walk in a little late and all the accolades have been taken... Hey, Doc! can you refill my accolade prescription?!?!

Stellar. Awesome. Delightful. Gorgeous. Tasty. Beautiful.

Gulp.

The girl just gets better and better and better... how can that be????

Very clever write. Pro instrumentation and mix. Tasty lead - in all the perfect places.

Bravo. Bravo. Bravo.

fj

#278013 - 01/03/15 04:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Janice, Bud & Tom,

This is very cool - loved everything about it. Great work.

Bob

#278027 - 01/03/15 04:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Ha Ha! All fabulous. Particularly love your phrasing Janice. Cheers.

#278067 - 01/04/15 12:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Bud & Janice !!

Impossible to get by
listening to this without
side effects (like tapping
your feet, snapping your fingers
swaying your head and feeling
those good heat waves and
goosebumps rolling in
over you when listening to
that silky smooth wonderful
voice of Janice !! ohhh ahhh !!!

I do not find the right words
for how to praise this
superb tune and that superb voice !!!

A most Happy New Year to you too

Dani
the Spaniard in spe

#278198 - 01/04/15 06:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Side Effects (feat: Tom Adams) [Re: ROG]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Janice, Bud and Tommy,

what witty lyrics. Great vocals and lead.
Your collaboration is a trademark.
Side effect: Great listening.
Happy New Your to the three of you.

Guenter

Thank you Guenter. Glad you liked it and thanks for mentioning the collaboration!

J&B

Thanks,
Bruce

Thanks Bruce. Tom and floyd have provided me great counsel in mixing vocals. I'm starting to get a little confident with Janice's voice.

Bud

Originally Posted By: FredM

Thanks,
Bruce

Indeed the vocal is so close i'd think you were standing next to me. All very well played composed and mastered.
Loved Tom's guitar play,

Greetings
Fred

Thanks Fred! Glad you like the vocal mix and Tom's guitar -- it all seemed to worked out well.

Bud

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there Janice, Bud & Tom.

Hey, what's not to like here? A super smooth blues with clever lyrics, excellent choice of RTs and some really nice relaxed guitar work.

And then, of course, there's Janice. What can I say that I haven't said before? Janice, when you sing like that you send shivers down my back. Wonderful.

Great track, team.

ROG.

ROG, that is extremely nice of you to say that! We all very much appreciate your comments and your posts.

J&B

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32606 Members
68 Forums
65526 Topics
555573 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Royston, SwingBand, Gretsch6120SH, momoko12, LeadLady