You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#284961 - 02/19/15 06:07 PM [User Showcase] She Doesn't Care
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

One of the truly amazing things about BIAB is how versatile it is.
If you can imagine it, you can create it....
I often do full-band productions of song. But now and again, I want something simple...subtle..sedate...

This is one of those. And, BIAB comes through (I think).

A true story. From my (long ago) past...

SHE DOESN'T CARE

cocaine was her best friend
til her daddy put an end
to the checks that he would send
for her education
when lonely came to hurt
she donned a silken shirt
cut just past far enough
and got herself a job

she doesn't care
   why should she care
   sleeping with the boss will get you there
   invitation in her stance
   perfume in her hair

can you tie a sailor's knot
the president owns a yacht
that jamaican sun is hot
god bless the snow
the other girls know why
peggy, look 'em in the eye
there's no reason to deny
what everyone knows

she doesn't care
   why should she care
   sleeping with the boss will get you there
   invitation in her stance
   perfume in her hair

ten years ago
a little red-haired boy
showing off his skating on grove's pond
offered her his gloves
begged her for her love
then stood there waiting for response
waiting for response

the street noises take hold
the apartments dark and cold
peggy's feeling older by the minute
alone with her best friend
praying for a happy end
waiting for the boss to send
for dictation

The Band....
RealTracks in style: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in song: ~364:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 065
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2066:Piano, Rhythm NewAgeAnswers Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2336:Viola, Background, Pop Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)
RealTracks in song: 2338:Violin, Background, PopLow Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)
RealTracks in song: 2337:Violin, Background, PopHigh Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)

Comments encouraged.
Thanks for listening.
Peter and PG family - thanks for giving me the tools to paint the canvas that this song required.

floyd

#284964 - 02/19/15 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Floyd,

Sad but excellent song. I noticed you listed RealDrums but I did not hear any. I assume they were part of the style you chose but muted them.

Fine use of the cello, viola and violin RealTracks. The electric bass RealTrack was a good selection too.

Your vocal, harmonies and production is outstanding. The soundscape sounds as lonely and sad as the song.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#284969 - 02/19/15 06:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: Jim Fogle]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JimFogle
Floyd,

Sad but excellent song. I noticed you listed RealDrums but I did not hear any. I assume they were part of the style you chose but muted them.

Fine use of the cello, viola and violin RealTracks. The electric bass RealTrack was a good selection too.

Your vocal, harmonies and production is outstanding. The soundscape sounds as lonely and sad as the song.

Jim - thanks for pointing that out. I have edited it - the lack of drums is, in fact, one of the "points" to this. Along with the repeated figure from the acoustic guitar tracks for the "signature". And then the truly AMAZING string RealTracks....

(and thanks for the listen...)

#284973 - 02/19/15 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Very original sound.
Some times less is more.
Reminds me of Glen Campbell.
Great lyrics although a sad part of reality.
Very well done.
Rob

Edited by Rob4580 (02/19/15 06:38 PM)

#284976 - 02/19/15 06:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Another excellent tune. I agree simple sometimes is more. Acoustic and vocal were excellent. Loved the lyrics.

#284979 - 02/19/15 06:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: USA
davidgitar Offline
Enthusiast

Floyd,

I have to say you did an excellent job of songwriting, singing, arranging and producing this track. Your choice of instrumentation was perfect for the subject matter and there's nothing you could have done different in the arrangement that would have made it any stronger. It's definitely one of the best tracks I've heard so far from members in the community.

David

#284987 - 02/19/15 07:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Great imagery with this sad story. A good production and well written lyrics that as you say, paint images into our minds. I liked the sparseness in this one and think it was a great choice for the overall impact of the song. There was a place or two throughout the song I thought you might choose a more distinctive chord change to emphasize the lyrics but your way worked more than satisfactorily.

For me, this is a pretty heavyweight of a write and one of your better lyrical presentations. There's a lot to like here. Enjoyed this from start to finish.

Charlie

#284999 - 02/19/15 09:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Loc: Wisconsin
critter Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Wisconsin
Another winner from the master FJ. I never thought of using strings, this has made me think that maybe in some of my upcoming tunes to throw some in.......Again a great but tragic song.

#285000 - 02/19/15 09:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
A very nice song and beautifully done.
Fairly cryptic melancholy lyrics.
Your voice comes through particularly well on this one.
You certainly are a major ambassador for BIAB.
Cheers.

#285006 - 02/20/15 02:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Scotland
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Loc: Scotland
Hi Floyd,

Not many songs take me there, but this one did.

Regards
George

#285015 - 02/20/15 06:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hey Floyd. That is something else. What a wonderful write and a wonderful production. The rhyme that I waited for for most of the song was rewarded. "education" "dictation". Classic

#285034 - 02/20/15 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Wow, I was not expecting this. This is way outside the box of your normal material. The structure is something that will best be explained by someone like Noel who has a much better understanding of rhyme schemes. I love the way the piano enters. The strings sound great and the cello in the bridge is very Beatlesque. If someone else was singing this I never would have guessed it came from your pen. You certainly sang it with a lot of feeling and conveyed the melancholy sadness of a troubled life. Did your hands get cold that day on Grove's pond or just your heart? Really nice job on this very poetic piece and beautifully produced. Enjoyed immensely, Tom

#285036 - 02/20/15 08:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Floyd,

so tastefully arranged!!
And again one of your special stories. The correspondence of the first and last verse is just great.
Vocals and harmony good as always.
I've already listened five times.

Guenter

#285052 - 02/20/15 10:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Achordocaster Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Hey Floyd,
Another excellent song.... A cool departure from your normal style.
The vocals and production are top notch as always.
I really like the sound of the piano and your use of the string parts is as good as it gets.

Nice job!

Greg

PS I know from experience... Cocaine is the Devil's drug! mad

#285056 - 02/20/15 11:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: davidgitar]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Very original sound.
Some times less is more.
Reminds me of Glen Campbell.
Great lyrics although a sad part of reality.
Very well done.
Rob

Thanks, Rob. Glen was my first real musical influence. It is sad to see his deterioration...

Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Another excellent tune. I agree simple sometimes is more. Acoustic and vocal were excellent. Loved the lyrics.

Appreciate that, Scott.

Originally Posted By: davidgitar
Floyd,

I have to say you did an excellent job of songwriting, singing, arranging and producing this track. Your choice of instrumentation was perfect for the subject matter and there's nothing you could have done different in the arrangement that would have made it any stronger. It's definitely one of the best tracks I've heard so far from members in the community.

David

Thanks, David. Nice of you to say... and Welcome! to the forum... will we be hearing something form you here in the Showcase?...

#285060 - 02/20/15 11:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Beautiful execution of a beautiful song!! Nobody does it better than Floyd Jane. Arrangement was perfect-just the right decorative touches to accent the song. Strings were used flawlessly. Another true gem Floyd!! Take care. Greg

#285068 - 02/20/15 12:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Belgium
FredM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Floyd,
What a sad story. I was with it from the first line. You've put the guitar in the spotlight, and the piano supporting. That worked very well to me, giving the melody fragility.
The cello is such a melancholic instrument, and well placed in this song.
And... Great vocals and harmonies!
Loved it... again ☺
Fred

#285071 - 02/20/15 01:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Floyd,

This is a beautiful song.
Both the guitar and the piano sound very, very well. A perfect combination.
And of course your vocals are very good again!

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#285083 - 02/20/15 02:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
davidgitar Offline
Enthusiast

You're welcome Floyd... and I appreciate the warm welcome!

As to your question about posting some material in the showcase and to be honest, the short answer is probably so, but I don't know when that will happen yet. I bought BiaB initially to assist with recreating some sequenced tracks I created for an extended family member before he passed last year. I had recorded him singing six tracks into a VS-2000 that I arranged and produced sequences for in Fruity Loops some time ago.

Unfortunately, I lost the MIDI files created from Fruity and all that work was down the tubes. But at least I had his vocals backed up to a disc. I was going to re-record everything and re-mix it because I had mixed the kick drum heavy on purpose for recording him. But when I was going to revisit the work, I couldn't find the original Fruity or MIDI files anywhere. From that point, I planned just to build some drum tracks from EZ Drummer and a simple key track from EZ Keys (both of which I own), and play all the guitar and bass parts and have some fellow musician friends add some piano, pedal steel, fiddle and harmonica. But when I looked at BiaB's new videos, I was really impressed with the increase in quality of sound the software was generating and thought it would be a better use of funds to buy BiaB for that project then have it for songwriting and such later.

There's a lot going on in my life at the moment and I don't have as much spare time as I'd like to develop my musical and songwriting ideas. But I do plan to do something, if it's nothing more than creating some instrumentals to jam over and post.

David

#285086 - 02/20/15 03:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: She Doesn't Care [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Floyd.

A very classy piece of writing, supported by a very emotive vocal delivery and great choice of instrumentation.

I'm full of admiration for what you've done here, but to be honest, though I normally listen to your songs several times, this one's too sad for me to play again, which is probably a tribute to how well it works.

ROG.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes!

Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video: Click here to watch...

Forum Stats
28406 Members
58 Forums
55136 Topics
459180 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
ecnal, Jurassic, Derek Deatherage, poyol247, otcpub

28405 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 330
Pipeline 308