Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#295585 - 05/15/15 01:57 PM [User Showcase] New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same
Loc: Iowa
JPeden73 Offline
Enthusiast

Hello all,

Here is one I had sitting around for a bit and finally found time to record it. The song is about a local musician from my home town. It's my first attempt at mixing using Real Band which proved to be a bit of a challenge. Thanks for listening and comments appreciated.

Things Will Never Be the Same

Tracks:
Bass - 534 Electric Pop Sw 065
Drums - Pop128
Solo Guitar - 576 Soloist Blues Monday BB Sw 065
Rhythm Guitar - 566 Blues Monday Sw 065
Piano - 2167 Country 128 John Sw 065
Organ - 686 B3 Pop Ev 120
Saxes and Voice: Me

Lyrics:
Things will never, never be the same
Things will never, never be the same
I don't know what I'm doin'
My heart's in ruins
Things will never, never be the same again

No I never thought I'd lose a friend
No I never thought I'd lose, my friend
The news was unexpected
We got disconnected
No I'll never, never be the same again

It used to be I thought I'd see the hard times comin'
Thought I knew where they were found
But it seems our lives are strings you can't keep strummin'
But I still need you around

And in the Falls and all around the town
From miles and miles away they'd come to hear your sound
And the blues you were playin'
Kept those folks stayin'

And for all that we've been through
When it comes down to me and you

#295595 - 05/15/15 03:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Jeff,

Right at this moment, I'm on my third listen and I'm sitting here thinking, "This is such a great sound; great production; sensational arrangement; terrific presentation; excellent singing." It seems to me that you have everything in exactly the right place in the mix to create a thoroughly enjoyable listen.

What an excellent tribute to your friend.

Regards,
Noel

#295598 - 05/15/15 04:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Wow!
Just love this.
Lovely chord progression.
Perfectly executed.
Just waiting for the radio.
What else can I say.
Rob.

#295613 - 05/15/15 04:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Absolutely sensational. Every instrument perfectly sitting in place to paint a perfect sound-scape. Every so often a stellar arrangement comes along. We just got the presented with another one.
Superb vocals.
Truly fantastic - everywhere.

Trev
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#295614 - 05/15/15 05:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Wow!
Just love this.
Perfectly executed.
What else can I say.
Rob.

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Jeff,

Right at this moment, I'm on my third listen and I'm sitting here thinking, "This is such a great sound; great production; sensational arrangement; terrific presentation; excellent singing." It seems to me that you have everything in exactly the right place in the mix to create a thoroughly enjoyable listen.

What and excellent tribute to your friend.

Regards,
Noel

These two gentlemen hit the nail right on the head! This is one great blues song. I loved the sax, your vocal, the backing tracks and the mix. Everything is perfect IMHO.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#295648 - 05/16/15 06:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

What?!? Wonderful. Are you familiar with Swamp Pop? I would not be surprised to hear this on the air in Baton Rouge or Lafayette. Two mid-westerners (SD for me) and Swamp Pop. Unexpected.

Those opening vocals, those harmonies, that's you? Awesome!

Excellent song, mix, production. Perfect lead guitar edits!

Take a bow.
https://soundcloud.com/scott-h-olson

#295652 - 05/16/15 06:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Jeff,

What a great listen!

Beautiful, heart-felt vocal. Terrific arrangement. nice selection of instruments. Your sax fits perfectly.

Nice Oooohs!....

Excellent write. I could hear Bonnie Raitt covering this - you've got the guy version covered nicely...

The guitar shot at 1:30 is a bit loud - the BIAB shots often are - which makes it stand out in the mix. The rest of the mix is so nice - you might consider pulling that down with an envelope to match better...

You need to come by more often!!!

This is SO good...

floyd

#295694 - 05/16/15 12:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: floyd jane]
JPeden73 Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for all of the comments - truly appreciated.
Jeff,

Regards,
Noel

Noel, thanks for taking the time to listen. Really appreciate the compliments.

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Wow!
Just love this.
Perfectly executed.
What else can I say.
Rob.

Thank you, Rob

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Absolutely sensational. Every instrument perfectly sitting in place to paint a perfect sound-scape. Every so often a stellar arrangement comes along. We just got the presented with another one.
Superb vocals.
Truly fantastic - everywhere.

Trev

Trev, thanks for listening. The two guitar RT's and the piano RT seemed to work well together. They almost seemed to arrange themselves))

Mario, thanks for commenting on the sax. This is almost the toughest part to squeeze in for me.

Originally Posted By: olemon
What?!? Wonderful. Are you familiar with Swamp Pop? I would not be surprised to hear this on the air in Baton Rouge or Lafayette. Two mid-westerners (SD for me) and Swamp Pop. Unexpected.

Those opening vocals, those harmonies, that's you? Awesome!

Excellent song, mix, production. Perfect lead guitar edits!

Take a bow.

Scott, there was definitely supposed to be a New Orleans/Louisiana vibe to this one. My friend in the tune was originally from Port Aransas, Texas. Glad you picked up on that!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Jeff,

What a great listen!

Beautiful, heart-felt vocal. Terrific arrangement. nice selection of instruments. Your sax fits perfectly.

Nice Oooohs!....

Excellent write. I could hear Bonnie Raitt covering this - you've got the guy version covered nicely...

The guitar shot at 1:30 is a bit loud - the BIAB shots often are - which makes it stand out in the mix. The rest of the mix is so nice - you might consider pulling that down with an envelope to match better...

You need to come by more often!!!

This is SO good...

floyd

Floyd, as always the feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll take a listen at that shot again and see if I can tame it a little. Thanks for the nice words. I really appreciate it.

#295737 - 05/16/15 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello Jeff,

Well, you sure are new asset to the forum!
We love the soloist guitar, your vocals and the professional use of BiaB (almost doesn't sound like BiaB wink

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#295768 - 05/16/15 09:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
I was pretty much blown away from the oohs, and never let down!! This is amazingly well put together in every sense. You jam so well with the "boys in the box". It is seamless and "live". If there was one thing I would change, it would be to bring the vocal UP-it is awesome and deserves the spotlight. Welcome! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

#295805 - 05/17/15 12:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
OUTSTANDING!!!!

The has "The Subdudes" all over it and
that is a good (very good) thing. I won't
parse it out. EVERYTHING works and it
just got added to our Soundcloud playlist.

Strong stuff.

WTG

J&B
J&B Website

#295819 - 05/17/15 02:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

I am all in on this one. Great arrangement. Great vocals. Great sax. My,my,my. I am going to crack another cold one and go back in for another listen. The chord progression is outstanding. Looking for more where tihis came from. Bravo! Tom

#295861 - 05/18/15 12:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Quote:
OUTSTANDING!!!!

wonderful vocals and the backing vocals are excellent.

enjoyed the listen

Alyn

#295906 - 05/18/15 10:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: gibson]
JPeden73 Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks again for the encouraging comments.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hello Jeff,

Well, you sure are new asset to the forum!
We love the soloist guitar, your vocals and the professional use of BiaB (almost doesn't sound like BiaB wink

Rob and Anne-Marie

Rob and Anne-Marie, thanks for listening. Being called professional is truly a compliment coming from you two.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I was pretty much blown away from the oohs, and never let down!! This is amazingly well put together in every sense. You jam so well with the "boys in the box". It is seamless and "live". If there was one thing I would change, it would be to bring the vocal UP-it is awesome and deserves the spotlight. Welcome! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg. You are right, BiaB is truly a nice group to jam with!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
OUTSTANDING!!!!

The has "The Subdudes" all over it and
that is a good (very good) thing. I won't
parse it out. EVERYTHING works and it
just got added to our Soundcloud playlist.

Strong stuff.

WTG

J&B

Janice and Bud, thanks for giving it a listen, and thanks for introducing me to the Subdudes.

Originally Posted By: tommyad
I am all in on this one. Great arrangement. Great vocals. Great sax. My,my,my. I am going to crack another cold one and go back in for another listen. The chord progression is outstanding. Looking for more where tihis came from. Bravo! Tom

Thanks Tom. It means a lot coming from a blues guy like yourself.

Originally Posted By: gibson
Quote:
OUTSTANDING!!!!

wonderful vocals and the backing vocals are excellent.

enjoyed the listen

Alyn

Thanks for listening, Alyn.

#295916 - 05/18/15 01:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: California
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
This song reminds me of the Eagles !

Great music, lyrics and arrangement.

Loved it my friend.

Trax

#295944 - 05/18/15 07:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: Noel96]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Jeff,

Regards,
Noel

So Plus 1 from me. Exactly how I felt from the opening bar. The song has a great vibe to it. I can picture a great many top artists who would have loved to cut this. To me, this is a lot of the Pure Prairie League sound when Vince Gill was fronting them.

#296774 - 05/26/15 10:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Jeff! I'm trying to catch up on here as I have time and almost missed this one. So happy I didn't.

As you know you are one of my favorite singers. Your voice reminds me of the great Timothy B. Schmidt (Poco, Eagles) yet all you. Bring up the vocal. Like Greg said, it's mixed too low in this mix and you want to always spotlight that great voice. Love the arrangement and super sax.

Great job.

Josie

#296779 - 05/27/15 12:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Lovely blues. Great instrument mix and nice balance.
Well I agree the voice could come up. Very nice . Cheers.

#296800 - 05/27/15 04:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Yep...I too got a Henley/Eagles vibe from this.

Very well done.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#296945 - 05/27/15 04:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Jeff,

Very, very nice! Like has been said, your vocals are so nice, I would like to have heard them brought up a bit. Need to hear more from you.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes!

Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video: Click here to watch...

RealBand 2019 is Here!

We've added over 30 new features to RealBand 2019, including Notation Window enhancements, Tracks Window enhancements, StylePicker enhancements - and more! Learn all about this new version here.

Snag your copy of RealBand 2019 with your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase - upgrades on SALE until December 31st - save up to 40%! View all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase options here.

Forum Stats
28397 Members
58 Forums
55122 Topics
458954 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
RexBagonia, DTman, leggy, Michaeljones, prian

28397 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 320
Pipeline 315