Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#295585 - 05/15/15 01:57 PM [User Showcase] New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same
Loc: Iowa
JPeden73 Offline
Enthusiast

Hello all,

Here is one I had sitting around for a bit and finally found time to record it. The song is about a local musician from my home town. It's my first attempt at mixing using Real Band which proved to be a bit of a challenge. Thanks for listening and comments appreciated.

Things Will Never Be the Same

Tracks:
Bass - 534 Electric Pop Sw 065
Drums - Pop128
Solo Guitar - 576 Soloist Blues Monday BB Sw 065
Rhythm Guitar - 566 Blues Monday Sw 065
Piano - 2167 Country 128 John Sw 065
Organ - 686 B3 Pop Ev 120
Saxes and Voice: Me

Lyrics:
Things will never, never be the same
Things will never, never be the same
I don't know what I'm doin'
My heart's in ruins
Things will never, never be the same again

No I never thought I'd lose a friend
No I never thought I'd lose, my friend
The news was unexpected
We got disconnected
No I'll never, never be the same again

It used to be I thought I'd see the hard times comin'
Thought I knew where they were found
But it seems our lives are strings you can't keep strummin'
But I still need you around

And in the Falls and all around the town
From miles and miles away they'd come to hear your sound
And the blues you were playin'
Kept those folks stayin'

And for all that we've been through
When it comes down to me and you

#295595 - 05/15/15 03:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Jeff,

Right at this moment, I'm on my third listen and I'm sitting here thinking, "This is such a great sound; great production; sensational arrangement; terrific presentation; excellent singing." It seems to me that you have everything in exactly the right place in the mix to create a thoroughly enjoyable listen.

What an excellent tribute to your friend.

Regards,
Noel

#295598 - 05/15/15 04:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Wow!
Just love this.
Lovely chord progression.
Perfectly executed.
Just waiting for the radio.
What else can I say.
Rob.

#295613 - 05/15/15 04:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Absolutely sensational. Every instrument perfectly sitting in place to paint a perfect sound-scape. Every so often a stellar arrangement comes along. We just got the presented with another one.
Superb vocals.
Truly fantastic - everywhere.

Trev
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#295614 - 05/15/15 05:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Wow!
Just love this.
Perfectly executed.
What else can I say.
Rob.

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Jeff,

Right at this moment, I'm on my third listen and I'm sitting here thinking, "This is such a great sound; great production; sensational arrangement; terrific presentation; excellent singing." It seems to me that you have everything in exactly the right place in the mix to create a thoroughly enjoyable listen.

What and excellent tribute to your friend.

Regards,
Noel

These two gentlemen hit the nail right on the head! This is one great blues song. I loved the sax, your vocal, the backing tracks and the mix. Everything is perfect IMHO.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#295648 - 05/16/15 06:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

What?!? Wonderful. Are you familiar with Swamp Pop? I would not be surprised to hear this on the air in Baton Rouge or Lafayette. Two mid-westerners (SD for me) and Swamp Pop. Unexpected.

Those opening vocals, those harmonies, that's you? Awesome!

Excellent song, mix, production. Perfect lead guitar edits!

Take a bow.
https://soundcloud.com/scott-h-olson

#295652 - 05/16/15 06:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Jeff,

What a great listen!

Beautiful, heart-felt vocal. Terrific arrangement. nice selection of instruments. Your sax fits perfectly.

Nice Oooohs!....

Excellent write. I could hear Bonnie Raitt covering this - you've got the guy version covered nicely...

The guitar shot at 1:30 is a bit loud - the BIAB shots often are - which makes it stand out in the mix. The rest of the mix is so nice - you might consider pulling that down with an envelope to match better...

You need to come by more often!!!

This is SO good...

floyd

#295694 - 05/16/15 12:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: floyd jane]
JPeden73 Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for all of the comments - truly appreciated.
Jeff,

Regards,
Noel

Noel, thanks for taking the time to listen. Really appreciate the compliments.

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Wow!
Just love this.
Perfectly executed.
What else can I say.
Rob.

Thank you, Rob

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Absolutely sensational. Every instrument perfectly sitting in place to paint a perfect sound-scape. Every so often a stellar arrangement comes along. We just got the presented with another one.
Superb vocals.
Truly fantastic - everywhere.

Trev

Trev, thanks for listening. The two guitar RT's and the piano RT seemed to work well together. They almost seemed to arrange themselves))

Mario, thanks for commenting on the sax. This is almost the toughest part to squeeze in for me.

Originally Posted By: olemon
What?!? Wonderful. Are you familiar with Swamp Pop? I would not be surprised to hear this on the air in Baton Rouge or Lafayette. Two mid-westerners (SD for me) and Swamp Pop. Unexpected.

Those opening vocals, those harmonies, that's you? Awesome!

Excellent song, mix, production. Perfect lead guitar edits!

Take a bow.

Scott, there was definitely supposed to be a New Orleans/Louisiana vibe to this one. My friend in the tune was originally from Port Aransas, Texas. Glad you picked up on that!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Jeff,

What a great listen!

Beautiful, heart-felt vocal. Terrific arrangement. nice selection of instruments. Your sax fits perfectly.

Nice Oooohs!....

Excellent write. I could hear Bonnie Raitt covering this - you've got the guy version covered nicely...

The guitar shot at 1:30 is a bit loud - the BIAB shots often are - which makes it stand out in the mix. The rest of the mix is so nice - you might consider pulling that down with an envelope to match better...

You need to come by more often!!!

This is SO good...

floyd

Floyd, as always the feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll take a listen at that shot again and see if I can tame it a little. Thanks for the nice words. I really appreciate it.

#295737 - 05/16/15 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello Jeff,

Well, you sure are new asset to the forum!
We love the soloist guitar, your vocals and the professional use of BiaB (almost doesn't sound like BiaB wink

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#295768 - 05/16/15 09:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
I was pretty much blown away from the oohs, and never let down!! This is amazingly well put together in every sense. You jam so well with the "boys in the box". It is seamless and "live". If there was one thing I would change, it would be to bring the vocal UP-it is awesome and deserves the spotlight. Welcome! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

#295805 - 05/17/15 12:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
OUTSTANDING!!!!

The has "The Subdudes" all over it and
that is a good (very good) thing. I won't
parse it out. EVERYTHING works and it
just got added to our Soundcloud playlist.

Strong stuff.

WTG

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#295819 - 05/17/15 02:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

I am all in on this one. Great arrangement. Great vocals. Great sax. My,my,my. I am going to crack another cold one and go back in for another listen. The chord progression is outstanding. Looking for more where tihis came from. Bravo! Tom

#295861 - 05/18/15 12:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Quote:
OUTSTANDING!!!!

wonderful vocals and the backing vocals are excellent.

enjoyed the listen

Alyn

#295906 - 05/18/15 10:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: gibson]
JPeden73 Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks again for the encouraging comments.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hello Jeff,

Well, you sure are new asset to the forum!
We love the soloist guitar, your vocals and the professional use of BiaB (almost doesn't sound like BiaB wink

Rob and Anne-Marie

Rob and Anne-Marie, thanks for listening. Being called professional is truly a compliment coming from you two.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I was pretty much blown away from the oohs, and never let down!! This is amazingly well put together in every sense. You jam so well with the "boys in the box". It is seamless and "live". If there was one thing I would change, it would be to bring the vocal UP-it is awesome and deserves the spotlight. Welcome! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg. You are right, BiaB is truly a nice group to jam with!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
OUTSTANDING!!!!

The has "The Subdudes" all over it and
that is a good (very good) thing. I won't
parse it out. EVERYTHING works and it
just got added to our Soundcloud playlist.

Strong stuff.

WTG

J&B

Janice and Bud, thanks for giving it a listen, and thanks for introducing me to the Subdudes.

Originally Posted By: tommyad
I am all in on this one. Great arrangement. Great vocals. Great sax. My,my,my. I am going to crack another cold one and go back in for another listen. The chord progression is outstanding. Looking for more where tihis came from. Bravo! Tom

Thanks Tom. It means a lot coming from a blues guy like yourself.

Originally Posted By: gibson
Quote:
OUTSTANDING!!!!

wonderful vocals and the backing vocals are excellent.

enjoyed the listen

Alyn

Thanks for listening, Alyn.

#295916 - 05/18/15 01:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: California
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
This song reminds me of the Eagles !

Great music, lyrics and arrangement.

Loved it my friend.

Trax

#295944 - 05/18/15 07:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: Noel96]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Jeff,

Regards,
Noel

So Plus 1 from me. Exactly how I felt from the opening bar. The song has a great vibe to it. I can picture a great many top artists who would have loved to cut this. To me, this is a lot of the Pure Prairie League sound when Vince Gill was fronting them.

#296774 - 05/26/15 10:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Jeff! I'm trying to catch up on here as I have time and almost missed this one. So happy I didn't.

As you know you are one of my favorite singers. Your voice reminds me of the great Timothy B. Schmidt (Poco, Eagles) yet all you. Bring up the vocal. Like Greg said, it's mixed too low in this mix and you want to always spotlight that great voice. Love the arrangement and super sax.

Great job.

Josie

#296779 - 05/27/15 12:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Lovely blues. Great instrument mix and nice balance.
Well I agree the voice could come up. Very nice . Cheers.

#296800 - 05/27/15 04:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Yep...I too got a Henley/Eagles vibe from this.

Very well done.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#296945 - 05/27/15 04:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: Things Will Never Be the Same [Re: JPeden73]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Jeff,

Very, very nice! Like has been said, your vocals are so nice, I would like to have heard them brought up a bit. Need to hear more from you.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Get your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Bonus PAK Today!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac during our special (which has been EXTENDED to October 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac® - 49-PAK Overview

Listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Special Extended!

The verdict is in, and everyone agrees that Xtra Styles PAK 7 is incredible!

There are 164 unbelievable new RealStyles that await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some surprising new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

The possibilities seem endless with these fully-produced styles, like atmospheric folk, Western swing chicken pickin', dreamy Southern rock, smooth jazz with world percussion, Brazilian samba, acoustic grunge, and '90s R&B. We've even included two great new MultiStyles that use up to eight substyles! Do yourself a favor and take home this comprehensive and imaginative collection of styles today!

SPECIAL EXTENDED!!! Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until October 31st! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here.

Mac user? You'll find your Xtra Styles PAKs here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 309 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac customers can download the latest FREE patch update here.

Summary of changes for Build 309:
Fixed: The Chord Builder is disabled if previously opened before using a modal dialog (eg. Style Picker, Set Tempo).
Fixed: The program might crash when selecting RealTracks in the Best RealTracks dialog (eg. #2541).
Fixed: Wrong notes in Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.
Improved: Higher dots-per-inch printing.
Added: [Print Chords Only] button added to the Print Options dialog.

EXTENDED! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Ends October 31st!

You haven't missed our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special, which has been extended to October 31st!

There's still time to purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade at up to 50% off, and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

Plus, our latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 Build 2 Update Available!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 users can download the FREE Build 2 patch update here

Summary of Changes in Build 2:
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.
Fixed: Loading in a MusicXML file could result in MIDI notes of zero instead of the currect MIDI notes.
Fixed: Dragging a file into the tracks window didn't always result in the effects slot for the track being setup properly for the file type dragged in.
Fixed: When inserting hard rest, and answering Yes to question about removing notes for the peg, it would remove notes from both clefs instead of the clef that the rest was inserted on.
Fixed: Potential access violation when deleting a note in staff window.
Fixed: Potential jukebox access violation if there were songs with the entire path of the filename being 256 characters or greater loaded into jukebox.
Fixed: Jukebox not playing the playlist in correct order in certain situations involving stopping/restarting, etc.
Fixed: When loading in a MusicXML file that has a specific guitar fretboard defined that matches one of our fretboards, the guitar tablature type will now be set for the notation.
Fixed: Ability to load in .MXL (compresssed musicXML file) as well as ability to load normal noncompressed musicXML file with the new .musicxml extension instead of just .XML.
Fixed: Hammer ons, pull offs, and slides are now being saved to MusicXML files.
Fixed: Exceptionally jittery timing indicator in the notation window during playback compared to older versions of RealBand.
Fixed: If the start of a generated section of a song didn't have a chord entered at the beginning of the section, then it could default to a C major chord instead of the most recent chord prior to the section.
Fixed: Potential access violation if song has micro-pegs and multiple notes on a peg.
Fixed: Accidental element that specified whether a note was displayed as sharp/flat wasn't eing saved to XML, even though the correct pitch of the note itself was saved.

RealBand 2019 Build 5 Update Available!

All RealBand 2019 for Windows customers can download the latest FREE patch update (build 5) here.

Summary of Changes in Build 5 (Oct 10)
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.

Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for macOS Catalina

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac we added Drum Notation Support, and we didn't stop there! Other Notation Enhancements added in this new version are:

-A new track type (Drums) is available for the Melody and Soloist tracks.
-Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on it.
-Holding down the control key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
-In the Notation Window Options dialog, the clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
-Notation is much clearer, not jagged, on retina screens.
-The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
-The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
-There is a keystroke entry mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, M to enter a third note, up/down cursor to change the pitch of the highlighted note, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
-You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

Read more about the Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac here. Watch this feature 'in action' with our new features video - jump to this topic when you click here.

...and don't forget - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac upgrades are ON SALE until October 15th, up to 50% off! Order now!

Forum Stats
30239 Members
62 Forums
60233 Topics
508348 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
michaelantipode, redShed, mshane, thomasopno, MinnetteK

30239 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 180
Noel96 150