You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#309196 - 09/02/15 01:21 PM [User Showcase] Can't Help It
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

This is a corny love song I wrote about 5 years ago. Had a few hours off so I thought I would rework it. All the instruments are RT/RD, with some percussion and brass added by me. Hope you enjoy it!

Can't Help It

Here are the RealTracks/RealDrums used...

RealTracks in song: 909:Bass, Electric, SmoothPoppy Ev16 090
RealTracks in song: 380:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Syncopated Sugar Ev 102
RealTracks in song: 998:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLACrispSync Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 575:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues BB Ev 085 ('B' only)
RealTracks in song: 674:Organ, B3, Background Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1170:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockMediumBrent Ev 120 (Bluesy)
RealDrums in Song: PraiseWorshipShine^01-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Have a great day!

Steve

#309200 - 09/02/15 02:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
As McCartney once said, "You'd think the world would have had enough of silly love songs, I look around me and I see it isn't so". This is a really fun, energetic, feel-good track!! Great arrangement, vocals, and mix. Wonderful job on everything-the whole nine yards! Take care. Greg

#309202 - 09/02/15 02:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Redding, Ca
Rick_H Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Redding, Ca
I see why it says expert under your profile pic, your song was almost perfect. The only nitpick I would have (and it's a small one) is that the lead solo seemed a bit back in the mix. Other than that I can only say thanks for a great listen and I really enjoyed the technical aspect of your work as well as the musical.

Rick

#309211 - 09/02/15 04:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This is really nice. Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Charlie

#309222 - 09/02/15 05:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
This is somewhat different from the songs I've heard from you so far. I have to say I like your ballads more. But this definitely sounds okay. The RockMediumBrent soloist works very well here.

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#309234 - 09/02/15 08:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Wow that was different for you Steve.
A good love song, nicely produced and the solo fitted well.
Beautiful singing as usual.

enjoyed

Alyn

My story

#309251 - 09/03/15 01:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Liked the song , vocals & brass. Very nicely done.

#309256 - 09/03/15 03:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
As always Steve,great work.
Rob

#309275 - 09/03/15 06:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A fun song, Steve - I am dancing in my seat!

You are so good at "the little touches".
The organ parts are tasty.
The brass, too.
A couple of addition drum fills (I think?) - just right. Nice touch.
Nice job on the guitar solo - that had to have been piece together carefully - I have never heard that RT do that... nice!

There is a touch of JT to the lyrics - after a few listens they just start to feel like one more "instrument" in the mix...(something he does SO well)

Enjoyed it.

floyd

#309283 - 09/03/15 06:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Steve,

a perfect song. Very well arranged.
I especially like the harmonies and
background vocals.
Enjoyable toe tapping listen.

Guenter

#309294 - 09/03/15 07:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
As always Steve outstanding work. Man you are so good at bringing out all of the shining moments in an instruments playing. great vocal delivery; thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#309316 - 09/03/15 01:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
As McCartney once said, "You'd think the world would have had enough of silly love songs, I look around me and I see it isn't so". This is a really fun, energetic, feel-good track!! Great arrangement, vocals, and mix. Wonderful job on everything-the whole nine yards! Take care. Greg

A big ole +2 here!

Different from what we've heard but it
certainly maintains your high bar
RT/RD choices, arrangement and mix.

Another good un!

J&B

#309327 - 09/03/15 04:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Love It Cuz, wish I could sang like you!

#309403 - 09/04/15 01:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
gruverider Offline
Expert

The groove of this song really shines in your mix here and I love that break down at 2:50. Wonderful horns and harmony vox.

You have such a tight bottom lol! These last few weeks I have been cruising the net watching everything I can to try and learn how to tame and tighten up the kick and bass. I'm getting closer (I think).

Super listen!

#310056 - 09/11/15 12:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Great arrangement, great song. Everything sounds so good.

Kenny

#312298 - 09/30/15 04:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Sorry it has taken so long for me to respond to anyone! I have had numerous things come up in the past couple of weeks, including a death in the family (my daughter's father-in-law, who we were all close to).

I so appreciate everyone's kind words about this song! I hope to do better in the future in expressing my appreciation.

Steve

#312300 - 09/30/15 04:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Quote:
A fun song, Steve - I am dancing in my seat!

You are so good at "the little touches".
The organ parts are tasty.
The brass, too.
A couple of addition drum fills (I think?) - just right. Nice touch.
Nice job on the guitar solo - that had to have been piece together carefully - I have never heard that RT do that... nice!

There is a touch of JT to the lyrics - after a few listens they just start to feel like one more "instrument" in the mix...(something he does SO well)

Enjoyed it.

floyd

Hey Steve,

It's good to see you again! I've been away from the forum for a bit and missed this one. It's excellent, really excellent. Like floyd, I was dancing in my seat too! You're definitely the master (10th dan black belt) when it comes to arranging and mixing.

I totally enjoyed this and will be going back for more listens a little later today.

All the best,
Noel

#312309 - 09/30/15 05:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Can't Help It [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
SRP Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Just listened to your new song Can't Help It and I am finding out that you guys that have been around for a while really know what you are doing. I really liked the guitar solo with organ intro (nice touch). This music brings back memories of my first band back in 1962 although we were not as good as your song and we never did original stuff. I also took a peep at your other music especially the Christian ones for that is my first love. I hope to share one of my own in the near future.
Great song Steve.
Sonny

PG Music News
Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32618 Members
68 Forums
65548 Topics
555769 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Cmajornine, Daniel Weiss, Clete820, jofluzu, peter parker

32618 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 168