that five-foot-ten-inch doll
i set aside my rule, a love-sick fool
my heart beating like a drum
it couldn't get any better 'til her dear john letter said
baby, you're not the one

repeat chorus

THE BAND....
RealTracks in style: 1693:Bass, Electric, CountryDrivin8thsA-B Ev 150
RealTracks in song: 845:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryRockPopping Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealTracks in song: 412:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Cowboy Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 1726:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm HonkyTonkJohn Ev 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven8^6-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat Open

Hope you enjoy it. Comments welcome.
Have at it.

floyd

#347542 - 04/27/16 08:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: Midwest
Oh come on!!!!! I can promise you that most people who hear this song will have NO idea how advanced it is!

"no more crawling or waiting for her call and" is one of the MANY examples of what's going on.

More obvious, but EXTREMELY effective..."this is gonna stop....right here."

I'll let everyone else give you praise. You simply ticked me off wink smile

Once again, stellar!

Edited by HearToLearn (04/27/16 08:53 AM)

#347556 - 04/27/16 12:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
A very nice country rock 'n roller!
Solid vocals too, as always ;-)

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#347558 - 04/27/16 01:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Floyd
Clever lyrics good melody, catchy chorus, well sung, liked the pause after "this has gotta stop".
Another excellent composition.

#347568 - 04/27/16 02:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
this boy's done feeling like some
headlight-paralyzed deer
the rest of me might just keep on running
but the heart stops here

Love that payoff for the chorus!! If I listed all of the great things about this, I'd kill a virtual tree (too many 1's and 0's). Fantastic song "angle", great lyrics, and music/vocals/mix to complete a wonderful delivery. Floyd continues to bat 1000!! Great, fun stuff Floyd!! Take care. Greg

#347571 - 04/27/16 02:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Great Song and Mix!

#347581 - 04/27/16 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Super! Your Lyrics are marvelous! The song is very tight and right in the pocket.

(on my second listen, I wondered how it might feel with a modulation at the second verse?)

What you did with the reverb at the brakes was great, and I smiled at your vocal "here-rrrr" in the fade-out.

#347592 - 04/27/16 09:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Wisconsin
critter Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Wisconsin
Another great one from the master. Fantastic all around, great dance tune, and a toe tapper too!!!!!

#347605 - 04/28/16 03:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Cape Town
PaddyG Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Cape Town
Floyd,
Great song, great story line. So ‘no more slow dancing” you lament, who needs it, just give me more of this ‘Rocking drive, for a cheer up, it really works for me.

Paddy G

#347611 - 04/28/16 05:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Cool retro country rocker.... it moves along nicely.

Good job on the lyric crafting.

I like the production chops too.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#347613 - 04/28/16 07:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Floyd,

great lyrics. "this boy's done feeling like some headlight-paralyzed deer". I love this imagery.
Music, vocals and mix are outstanding as always.
Another of your hits.
I really enjoyed my listens.

Guenter

#347627 - 04/28/16 09:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: St. Paul, Minnesota
fgrittner Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Paul, Minnesota
WOW! Great song and vocal. Your arranging, editing, and mixing of RTs is off the charts. I am taking notes for my recordings. Thanks for sharing.

Fred

#347671 - 04/28/16 03:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
This is a lot of fun Floyd.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#347690 - 04/28/16 03:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Country Rockin' at its best. This is a good write, performance and production. I always enjoy your stuff, and you give us a lot of variety.

#347696 - 04/28/16 04:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ireland
musiclover Online   happy
Expert

Loc: Ireland
No one can do country like Floyd can do, good song nice melody line and great production, really enjoyed the listen.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 (32bit) and 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#347728 - 04/28/16 10:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, floyd

What a powerful sound and vocal.
I entirely agree with Charlie. I am always watching your stuff, too.
I enjoyed listening a lot.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#347751 - 04/29/16 04:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Cool lyrics to take the usual grief based story and slap it around with clever lines and a cool melody.
Now, I wonder when BIAB will have some Brownsville styles.
Cool work floyd jane.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. http://therecordingrebels.com/index.php

#347771 - 04/29/16 07:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Even If Offline
Apprentice

several comments:

so many songwriters neglect the beginning of songs and their song has a hard time getting off the ground . . . not this song . . . the beginning catches you the minute you start listening!

I like to use double entendres in music, so when I hear someone else do it, I smile to myself.
when you did a break at "this is gonna stop....right here", I was like YES! Good Job! way to drive home the point using the music to emphasize the point!

I like the emphasis with the drums on "the rest of me might just keep on running" - I think I would have even seen you take it out another bar so I could run far enough away grin

very well constructed and thought out sound Floyd! Blessings!

SOUNDCLOUD
FACEBOOK

Cubase 8 Elements
Zoom R24
PreSonus Eris E5
ARC System 2
ATH-M50x

Avantone CV-12

#347811 - 04/29/16 10:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Oh come on!!!!! I can promise you that most people who hear this song will have NO idea how advanced it is!

"no more crawling or waiting for her call and" is one of the MANY examples of what's going on.

More obvious, but EXTREMELY effective..."this is gonna stop....right here."

I'll let everyone else give you praise. You simply ticked me off wink smile

Once again, stellar!

Caaron - Ya put it out there and hope that the light shines somewhere, ya know? Your "recognition" is appreciated, for sure. Have to say... I was pretty tickled about crawling/call and/falling... smile Thanks, buddy...

#347820 - 04/29/16 11:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Heart Stops Here [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Floyd.

A great song with a fabulous sound and a loud mix mix which doesn't sound over-compressed.

What a very, VERY clever arrangement. Holds your attention from the first bar to the last.

Super professional as ever, Floyd.

ROG.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size

Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements

The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Forum Stats
28456 Members
58 Forums
55313 Topics
460816 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
nobby, jeM, Masaladosa, jonny1, rikkyj

28455 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 382
Pipeline 346