said all i need to say
sweat 'n' sore, dirt 'n' hurt
at the end of a working day

repeat chorus

©2016 david snyder and floyd jane

Comments encouraged.
Have at it.

floyd

#361613 - 08/20/16 06:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
floyd and David,

This is great! I love the upbeat music and the upbeat lyrics that ring with honesty. A top notch write by anyone's standards. On top that, floyd's performance is as radio ready as everything he does.

In summary... a great mix, a great write, a terrific arrangement and a first class presentation.

More please smile

Regards,
Noel

#361639 - 08/20/16 10:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Floyd & David,
Yes, definitely radio-ready as Noel says... I hope the stations out there playing Merle Haggard are listening cos this should be on the playlist.
Nice link to the power lines theme throughout the lyrics and that clap loop picks things up at just the right time.
Very good!

Robert

#361651 - 08/20/16 04:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Floyd & David
Great catchy chorus - excellent story line - lovely mix - great harmony - beautifully sung.
What's not to like?

Peter

#361652 - 08/20/16 05:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Floyd / David,

This is a great song. I love the story backdrop... As always, a great vocal by Floyd. Excellent job guys!

Bob

#361664 - 08/20/16 06:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
My favorite of you two collaborations so far. Struck a chord with me from all the years as an insurance adjuster working catastrophe claims. Long hours, lot's of roofs, workin' hard and waitin' to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Cuss it every day but share stories about it for years.

Great song, excellent write, arrangement, production and performance.

Looking to hear more from you guys.

Charlie

#361665 - 08/20/16 07:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Sensational Floyd and David

What an absolutely fantastic vibe you've provided.

Great feel-good lyrics,

Perfect choice of instruments,

Master vocal delivery, harmonies and everything.

Classic for sure (except that boss of yours needs to learn a thing or two wink )

Thanks again for 'nother great one.
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#361672 - 08/20/16 08:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Expert

Fantastic! first thing that hit me was how good all the balance and the instrumentation was. Everything fits so smoothly right up to the very last note, really good production, that's just on one listen, maybe I missed something, but I was impressed. The country singer as hero or in a good positive light. I wonder if discussions on the last song inspired anything here? As a writer I have my mental notebook, I think we all have one. I have favorite song ideas that
I've tucked away, especially favorite songs that had occupations mentioned and Jimmy Webb's Lineman For The County came to mind. I always wanted to use that occupation in a song and may still write that some day, not implying anything taken from Webb here at all,
it's just that I couldn't help but think of that song too, which is
probably another good thing about this great collaboration!

Kenny

#361675 - 08/20/16 10:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: St. Paul, Minnesota
fgrittner Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Paul, Minnesota
Another stellar song and recording. I want to say something about comments that follow Floyd's posts that say "radio ready." If we dialed back 25-30 years I would agree. The swill that passes for country music these days is a travesty. There are SO many great country songs on this board but they don't fit the adolescent pickup truck, get drunk, and chase women genre that sells today. Floyd probably knows better than most of us about Nashville songwriting and the club that it is.

Over and out.

#361678 - 08/20/16 10:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: FRANCE
PRADON Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: FRANCE
Hi Floyd, (and David, the co-writer)

The recording is very successful, I think that you've got a good recording studio at your place. The voice, in particular, is very good. The lyrics are elaborate (for an non-english speaker), I translated them to understand them in full. smile

Have a nice day

Edited by PRADON (08/20/16 10:52 PM)

#361696 - 08/21/16 05:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
floyd and David,

This is great! I love the upbeat music and the upbeat lyrics that ring with honesty. A top notch write by anyone's standards. On top that, floyd's performance is as radio ready as everything he does.

In summary... a great mix, a great write, a terrific arrangement and a first class presentation.

More please smile

Regards,
Noel

Noel - we appreciate you stopping by...

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd & David,
Yes, definitely radio-ready as Noel says... I hope the stations out there playing Merle Haggard are listening cos this should be on the playlist.
Nice link to the power lines theme throughout the lyrics and that clap loop picks things up at just the right time.
Very good!

Robert

Thanks, Robert... LOL... a bit hard finding "stations out there" playing any Haggard theses days...

#361697 - 08/21/16 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Hey Y'all it's about time for church, but I have to brag on Floyd here a little bit before I head out.

Folks have talked about "song form" and such in various forum posts and brought up the question from time to time about "what makes a hit." We have even heard discussion about Ralph Murphy and his "rules."

Well, I am going to ask my songwriting group to meticulously study this song that Floyd put together musically. It made my jaw drop open the first time I heard it. Here is what he did:

1.) He used what is known as the "most popular" form in country hits today which is Verse, PreChorus, Chorus (repeat) Bridge, Chorus. (More than 80 percent of hits have this form.)

("Hundred degrees in Baton Rouge" starts the prechorus.)

2.) Then, and this spun my head around, he pulls out a TRIPLE hook in the chorus.

Hook 1 is "Then I head home..."

Hook 2 is "I may be just a number to the rest of the world.."

Hook 3 is "But I'm...the World's Greatest Husband.." and so forth

At this point, the bases are loaded folks, and the first time I heard him do that brief pause before..

"Round here.." [smack!!!]....

I just grinned from ear to ear. That's what you call the grand slam. He just smacked it into the bleachers. Complete mastery of the song form. All I could say was "D..."

Or as Jerry Reed used to say, God rest his soul, "Son!"

Gotta go to church and get my mouth washed out now. Happy Sunday everybody. Great job Floyd. It's a pleasure working with ya!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#361702 - 08/21/16 08:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Floyd and David.

A real "feel-good" song and another classic piece of country.

Everything works SO well.

Great writing, great backing, great performance, great mix.

That says it all.

ROG.

#361703 - 08/21/16 08:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: ROG]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd and David.

A real "feel-good" song and another classic piece of country.

Everything works SO well.

Great writing, great backing, great performance, great mix.

That says it all.

ROG.

What he said. Excellent stuff guys!

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#361750 - 08/21/16 01:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
44kfl Offline
Expert

David, thanks for your insightful post. I love reading about the working of the minds of such good writers. I love the inspirational part of writing and then struggle with then organizational part, the structure. I love reading the Pat Pattisons, Robin Fredricks, etc. but only take away so much. I think Floyd loves the mathmatics of writing more than me for sure, setting up these catchy hooks.
Anyway, enjoyable read and fine job on this song.

Kenny

#361802 - 08/22/16 01:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Cape Town
PaddyG Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Cape Town

Take two ‘Very clever songwriters put them in a pot and bring to the boil, and you end up with a great country song like this,, Masterfully done David and Floyd

Paddy G

#361824 - 08/22/16 05:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Yep... what they said...

Great job.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#361853 - 08/22/16 10:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Looks like we have a new songwriting team in town!! Two of my forum faves in another wonderful collab. Love the message in this one. I would love to have that kind of adoration after I return home! This is just top notch in every way-write, arrangement, production. Truly a masterpiece!! Take care. Greg

#361899 - 08/22/16 03:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: Charlie Fogle]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Floyd & David
Great catchy chorus - excellent story line - lovely mix - great harmony - beautifully sung.
What's not to like?

Peter

And what's not to like about those comments! We say "Thanks!, Peter"...

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd / David,

This is a great song. I love the story backdrop... As always, a great vocal by Floyd. Excellent job guys!

Bob

We appreciate that, Bob...

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
My favorite of you two collaborations so far. Struck a chord with me from all the years as an insurance adjuster working catastrophe claims. Long hours, lot's of roofs, workin' hard and waitin' to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Cuss it every day but share stories about it for years.

Great song, excellent write, arrangement, production and performance.

Looking to hear more from you guys.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie... glad it struck a chord with you... David outlined a good story here...

#361934 - 08/23/16 12:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: King Of The Country - ds/fj [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
floyd and David,

As Noel said, I also love the upbeat music, especially drums. A top notch write by anyone's standards and floyd's performance is as radio ready as everything he does.
Very nice collaboration.
I was very interested that this song was recorded together or completed by exchanging WAV files.
Very enjoyed the listen.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size

Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements

The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Forum Stats
28447 Members
58 Forums
55272 Topics
460413 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
saxmanz, dewar, claytonkyra, Warren G, Raymond Carrasco

28446 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 359
Pipeline 335