You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#362792 - 08/28/16 05:38 PM [User Showcase] New Song - Moving In The Right Direction
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

I finally had a chance to write a new one! This one was a real challenge, to say the least. My Mac Mini crashed a few weeks ago, while I was finishing up the Praise and Worship project I just released. So I had to master all the songs on my PC. Now, my Focusrite Saffire 6 is causing a blue screen of death on my PC all of a sudden! So I wrote this song and recorded and produced it on my iPad, using Auria. This is the first time I have done anything with it, so I hope it turned out okay!

The song is appropriately titled Moving In The Right Direction. All the instruments are RealTracks/RealDrums, with some additional percussion from me. All the vocals are me. I hope you enjoy it!

Moving In The Right Direction

Here are the RT's/RD's used...

RealTracks in song: 1717:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockStraight Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2367:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TexasBluesRockJohn Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 845:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryRockPopping Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealTracks in song: 1718:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockStraightBrent Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 674:Organ, B3, Background Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1169:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockMediumBrent Ev 120
RealDrums in Song: RockTexas^2-a:HiHat, b:HiHatSyncKick

#362799 - 08/28/16 07:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
A good country rocker. Excellent mix, arrangement and performance. I enjoyed it a lot.

Charlie

#362823 - 08/29/16 01:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Steve
Really enjoyed that. Excellent vocal & great use of real tracks.

Peter

#362874 - 08/29/16 01:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Nice tune Steve!! Nicely done in every way-clever and catchy. Quite a departure from your CD I listened to this morning. Enjoyed it! Take care. Greg

#362882 - 08/29/16 01:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

A fun song, Steve. Always like that chunka-chunka style Country Rock...you put that together well... Good BAND grouping for it. Your mixes are always top-notch.

Enjoyed that.

fj

#362894 - 08/29/16 02:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Great sound in this one.
Much energy in the rhythm.
Excellent real tracks choosen.

Nice lyrics too.

Sergio

Sergio

#362909 - 08/29/16 03:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Steve,

So nice to hear a new song from you - this is a really cool song. Love the tempo and delivery - Excellent!

Bob

#362977 - 08/30/16 04:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Steve,

good to hear from you again
1st I thought it was T Rex grin

good country rocker, perfect for this sunny day in Wales

enjoyed that a lot, great mix!

Alyn

#363008 - 08/30/16 09:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Superb! And done via iPad? Take away my big iMac screen and I'm toast. smile

"Some people want to make you fail
They won't stop. They never will
Stay away from their web of deception
Seems like a simple thing
Just open your eyes and dream
And keep looking in the right direction"

The older I get the more I realize this. Not worth engaging them...just move on, indeed.

so.....we like the vocals, the write, the arrangement, the use of RT/RD's and the mix -- I think that about covers it smile

Your lead vocal really carries this song extremely well...very engaging.

Kudos and thanks for the addition to our soundcloud mix!

J&B
J&B Website

#363017 - 08/30/16 10:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Very cool! Cam't believe this was done on an iPad!!! Good song!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#363072 - 08/30/16 02:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Steve,
I enjoyed the rocking sound here (reminded me of JJCale) and the lyrics are very good.
Nice relaxed vocals and an amazing production for iPad.

Robert

#363208 - 08/31/16 10:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Steve,

Well..... the iPad did a good job.
But of course that is because YOU did a good job.
And we'd like to quote J & B:
"we like the vocals, the write, the arrangement, the use of RT/RD's and the mix -- I think that about covers it" smile

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#363217 - 08/31/16 11:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Greg Johnson]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
A good country rocker. Excellent mix, arrangement and performance. I enjoyed it a lot.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie! Glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Steve
Really enjoyed that. Excellent vocal & great use of real tracks.

Peter

Thank you vey much, Peter, for your kind words.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Nice tune Steve!! Nicely done in every way-clever and catchy. Quite a departure from your CD I listened to this morning. Enjoyed it! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg! Yes, I guess this is a little different style from my other project. But still hopefully an encouraging message in it. smile

==

Steve

#363932 - 09/04/16 06:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: gibson]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A fun song, Steve. Always like that chunka-chunka style Country Rock...you put that together well... Good BAND grouping for it. Your mixes are always top-notch.

Enjoyed that.

fj

Thanks, Floyd! Always good to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words.

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Great sound in this one.
Much energy in the rhythm.
Excellent real tracks choosen.

Nice lyrics too.

Sergio

Thank you, Sergio!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

So nice to hear a new song from you - this is a really cool song. Love the tempo and delivery - Excellent!

Bob

Thanks so much, Bob! I always enjoy hearing from you. Glad you enjoyed this one.

Originally Posted By: gibson
Steve,

good to hear from you again
1st I thought it was T Rex grin

good country rocker, perfect for this sunny day in Wales

enjoyed that a lot, great mix!

Alyn

Alyn, always appreciate hearing from you. I had forgotten about T Rex. It does have a "Bang A Gong" intro at least. Thanks for your kind words!

==

Steve

#364003 - 09/05/16 09:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Steve, that's a good rocker. I always liked that chunkin thing. Good lyrics, vocals and a great mix. Well done, Tom

#364191 - 09/06/16 12:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Alyssa - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

"Inch by inch, a day at a time
And you're one step closer to the finish line
Never let the hard times get you down
You've got to keep the right perspective
Don't worry about the imperfections
You just keep on moving
Moving in the right direction"

Very catchy lyrics Steve, absolutely loved it! Thanks for the submission smile

#365961 - 09/18/16 09:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Alyssa - PG Music]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Superb! And done via iPad? Take away my big iMac screen and I'm toast. smile

"Some people want to make you fail
They won't stop. They never will
Stay away from their web of deception
Seems like a simple thing
Just open your eyes and dream
And keep looking in the right direction"

The older I get the more I realize this. Not worth engaging them...just move on, indeed.

so.....we like the vocals, the write, the arrangement, the use of RT/RD's and the mix -- I think that about covers it smile

Your lead vocal really carries this song extremely well...very engaging.

Kudos and thanks for the addition to our soundcloud mix!

J&B

Thanks so much Janic and Bud! Really appreciate hearing from you! The iPad is fun to work with, and I can hold it up close to my face to see it! smile

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Very cool! Cam't believe this was done on an iPad!!! Good song!!

Thanks very much, David! Glad you like it.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Steve,

Well..... the iPad did a good job.
But of course that is because YOU did a good job.
And we'd like to quote J & B:
"we like the vocals, the write, the arrangement, the use of RT/RD's and the mix -- I think that about covers it" smile

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thank you, Rob and Anne-Marie! Really appreciate your kind words. I enjoyed the challenge of a new working environment using the iPad. I found the plugins with Auria to be pretty good, and the efficiency of the iPad made it a fun experience. Thanks again!

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Steve, that's a good rocker. I always liked that chunkin thing. Good lyrics, vocals and a great mix. Well done, Tom

Thanks Tom! I always enjoy hering from you. Glad you like it.

Originally Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music
"Inch by inch, a day at a time
And you're one step closer to the finish line
Never let the hard times get you down
You've got to keep the right perspective
Don't worry about the imperfections
You just keep on moving
Moving in the right direction"

Very catchy lyrics Steve, absolutely loved it! Thanks for the submission smile

Alyssa, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment! Very much appreciated!

===

Steve

#366000 - 09/18/16 03:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Steve,

That was a great listen! Your arrangements seem to be getting better and better (if that's possible because you set the bar up in the stratosphere from the start).

Everything about this says "music at its best".

As I said on Soundcloud, the intro is really well designed for setting the song's stage... and the song delivers bigtime!

All the best,
Noel

#366202 - 09/19/16 05:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Awesome back track. Loved the vocal and lyric

#366474 - 09/21/16 09:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Moving In The Right Direction [Re: Scott C]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Steve,

That was a great listen! Your arrangements seem to be getting better and better (if that's possible because you set the bar up in the stratosphere from the start).

Everything about this says "music at its best".

As I said on Soundcloud, the intro is really well designed for setting the song's stage... and the song delivers bigtime!

All the best,
Noel

Thanks so much, Noel! I always look forward to hearing from you! Appreciate your kind words.

Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Awesome back track. Loved the vocal and lyric

Thank you, Scott. Glad you like this one!

===

Steve

PG Music News
The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

Forum Stats
28435 Members
58 Forums
55243 Topics
460096 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Coskun, sbroach, GEORGES SCHIRO, Yellowkey, Hagglui78

28434 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 360
Pipeline 329