Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#366629 - 09/22/16 06:07 AM [User Showcase] The Right Track (floyd jane co-write)
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

The Right Track (VIDEO)
The Right Track (AUDIO ONLY)

As Steve Earle once said "sometimes your hometown brings you down..."

I wrote the lyric; floyd tweaked it, turned a third verse into a bridge, created the melody and Janice did her vocal thing. Thanks big time to floyd for helping with the mix, BGV's and the use of held chords.

We appreciate your time to watch/listen and as always comments are most welcome!

Janice: lead vocal
floyd: background vocals
Bass: RT 1036 Northern Rock
Drums N’ville ev 8th
Guitar Solo: RT 1167 Rock Ballad Brent (the intro was comped from two of many re-generations as was the solo).
Guitar Electric Rhythm: RT 841 Rhythm Pop Ballad Slow Gritty
Guitar electric Rhythm: RT 1169 Soloist Rock Medium Brent /used to create held held chords via the held option
Guitar Acoustic Rhythm: RT 1037 Rhythm Northern Rock Ballad
Piano Rhythm: RT 1725 Rhythm / also used to create the held chord piano track

Mixed in Logic Pro X using Ozone (mastering) Alloy 2 and Nectar.

The Right Track
© 2016 Bud Merritt and floyd jane

too long in this town, too long in shadow
roads lead out, where do they go?
this might be someone's idea of good old days
not mine
i'm parting ways

Chorus

i'm leaving
some might think on a wing and a prayer
but there's got to be peace
between here and somewhere
sun on my face, wind at my back
i'm finally... on the right track

day by day, time gets shorter
while my bucket list just runs over
some things age well like a fine old wine
but a spirit chained
will die in time (so...)

Chorus

Bridge

friends say slow down don't go
but what the hell could they know
i got boots older than most of them
and I ain't leaving on a whim

Chorus

J&B

#366634 - 09/22/16 06:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Really, really good! Great writing. Janice has such a great voice, and the BG vocals are spot on. Love the mix too! Going to go and check out the video now ...

#366650 - 09/22/16 08:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Janice & Bud, Wonderful song I always enjoying listening to your songs! - The guitar solo bridge has a nice tone. - Is the footage self made too?

#366656 - 09/22/16 09:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Quote:

What can I say that I haven't said before??
Great lyrics by you Bud!
I like floyd's melody and harmonies
excellent mix
nicely produced video
and superb vocals by Janice

excellent, so I gave the neighbours a treat, door open and volume at 11.

Alyn

My story

#366668 - 09/22/16 09:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: BlueAttitude]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Really, really good! Great writing. Janice has such a great voice, and the BG vocals are spot on. Love the mix too! Going to go and check out the video now ...

Thanks! Yup, mr jane did a fine job with the BGV's. Hope you like the vid...it was fun to make.

J&B

#366675 - 09/22/16 10:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

One of my favorite collabs from y'all.
Great feel to the song and the vocal is beautifully done!

#366698 - 09/22/16 12:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Joe -PG Music]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi Janice & Bud, Wonderful song I always enjoying listening to your songs! - The guitar solo bridge has a nice tone. - Is the footage self made too?

Thank you very much Joe for the kind remarks. Yes, we created the video using iMovie. I enjoy photo editing and use a variety of apps to try and get the images to have a similar look and to support the imagery of the song. All of the images we use are public domain or shots that we took ourselves.

Thanks again!

J&B

PS We always credit PG Music in our videos. Hope it might grab you a customer or two!

#366700 - 09/22/16 12:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: gibson]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: gibson
Quote:

Great lyrics by you Bud!
excellent mix
nicely produced video

Alyn

Like Alyn, I immediately fell in love with the "boots" line. This is a great production (really like the video too). Guitar solo fits so sweetly, and I love the resolution of the chorus. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

#366716 - 09/22/16 01:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Rockin' greatness y'all. Great job!!!! Absolutely love it.

Who is this Floyd Jane guy though? Seems like a suspicious character. Is he easy to work with?

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#366729 - 09/22/16 03:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Bud Janice & Floyd
I "discovered" this a while ago - it now has the feel of one of those songs you know & look forward to when it plays.
It has a great melody, and is beautifully performed. Love everything about it.

Peter

Edited by PeterF (09/22/16 05:15 PM)

#366731 - 09/22/16 03:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: North Yorkshire, England
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Bud Janice and Floyd,

You have really excelled yourselves on this one! I liked everything about it.
Great production and sound and catchy melody.

Janice your voice is like velvet and when Floyd joins in for the harmonies it's just stunning.

I also loved Floyd's vocal sound on the "don't go" bit near the end.

Superb,
Rec

#366732 - 09/22/16 03:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Good work guys, solid standing arrangement, cool lyrics and a beautiful vocal of Janice. We especially liked the choruses, Floyd does a great job here with a subtle mixed harmony, which has some very interesting notes in it.
Bud, these lyric videos seem to come more and more easy to you, nice one!

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#366750 - 09/22/16 04:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: gibson]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Great lyrics by you Bud!
excellent mix
nicely produced video

Alyn

Alyn, we always look forward to your posts and your comments on ours. Glad you liked that line - it's something I've said for years about our younger friends wink

Thanks for mentioning the vocals and particularly for mentioning floyd's BGV's. He did a great job!

We appreciate it!

J&B

#366754 - 09/22/16 05:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

This is stellar - I enjoyed everything about it.
Begs to be played loud.

Robert

#366757 - 09/22/16 05:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: RnAM]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Good work guys, solid standing arrangement, cool lyrics and a beautiful vocal of Janice. We especially liked the choruses, Floyd does a great job here with a subtle mixed harmony, which has some very interesting notes in it.
Bud, these lyric videos seem to come more and more easy to you, nice one!

Rob & Anne-Marie

This is the best to date IMHO.

You three are always on the right track.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#366773 - 09/22/16 06:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Sundance]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
One of my favorite collabs from y'all.
Great feel to the song and the vocal is beautifully done!

Thank you Josie for listening and posting the nice comment!

J&B

#366828 - 09/23/16 08:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Quote:

Great lyrics by you Bud!
excellent mix
nicely produced video

Alyn

Like Alyn, I immediately fell in love with the "boots" line. This is a great production (really like the video too). Guitar solo fits so sweetly, and I love the resolution of the chorus. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for mentioning the video!

J&B

#366840 - 09/23/16 10:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice job to all.

Good job on the songwriting.

The production was pretty good too. I like the comped solo/fills. Mostly they are tasty and fit nicely.

Excellent.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#366890 - 09/23/16 05:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: David Snyder]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Rockin' greatness y'all. Great job!!!! Absolutely love it.

Who is this Floyd Jane guy though? Seems like a suspicious character. Is he easy to work with?

smile

Thanks David. That is much appreciated.

The buzz I get is that the elusive mr jane has some serious cred.

J&B

#366958 - 09/24/16 10:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Right Track (floyd jane co-write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Awesome collaboration. Loved the lyric and the vocal was awesome as usual. Love to listen to your songs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!

Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Check out some of the latest Band-in-a-Box® feedback we've received:

"There's a saying 'Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.' That's exactly what my friend did in 1990. He taught me how to use BIAB and I've used it hundreds of time to do arraignment and to jam with any style band."

"Love BIAB. I use it daily. Their support is great too!"

"RealTracks are amazing!!! I use BIAB for backtracks in my solo act... Still using the basic package and it's all need..."

"I have used Band in A Box for many years. If it would have been around when I was young, I would have been a much better musician. I use it for all my songs I have written and recorded. With Band In A Box I can sit in my room and sound like a whole band without having to put up with them!"

"If you know something about music and take the time to learn the program, you can make it do some amazing things. It is a great help to songwriters who want to demo their song without paying for studio time. It makes changes and tweaks much easier as well."

"Been using it for so many years. It's a great tool. The instruments that I don't have or play make up the void and it saves so much time. I use this program for every song I write."

"Great tool for the songwriter!"

"An essential part of my studio! I write songs on piano, but I'm not a pianist by a long way. BIAB is like having a roomful of session players in your studio, and just the simple act of taking your basic idea and hearing a skilled pianist play it presents so many new ideas and options you hadn't thought of."

"Powerful, easy to use, inexpensive and they even split the modest payments up if you want. No complaints. Lots of satisfaction."

"I added a steel guitar to a fully produced original. He followed every change like he was in the studio reading the chart. Fascinating technology!"

"I have used it to make backing tracks for six CD's with about 12 songs on each. They make a great gift!"

"It's simply a necessity - buy it now - the staff and support do a great job as well!"

"A great tool for us songwriters!"

"I LOVE Band-in-a-Box!"

"I see it as a very worthwhile investment. In fact, from initial purchase about 8 years ago, using the backing tracks I have made, my income from that investment has returned over 5,000% on the investment!"

continued...

Do you have something to say about Band-in-a-Box®? Post your own thoughts for Windows or Mac version today!

Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Forum Stats
34902 Members
66 Forums
70914 Topics
614325 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
MuchHustle, Fiddlecat, cebodorr1, emeraldopia, jojo34

34902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
swingbabymix 219
VideoTrack 212