Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#369998 - 10/14/16 01:26 PM [User Showcase] Going Back To Music City
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Friends,
Here's a new little ditty I wrote about missing and remembering Nashville.

Going Back To Music City VIDEO on Youtube - nothing too fancy tried to keep focus on the song.
Going Back To Music City AUDIO ONLY on Soundcloud.

Hope you enjoy listening. Your time and comments are always appreciated.

RTs - Drums Jive SW; Bass 2132; Guitars 961,2442; Steel 622,2543; Fiddle 1694,1544; Harmonies and vocal recorded with Gauge ECM-87 into EMU 0404USB. Mixed with Reaper 64 v5.26.

Going Back To Music City ©2016 Josie Beck
Today it seem so far away from that young and innocent time
It's been so long since I've been home Tennessee's on my mind
Call me nostalgic I'm plain homesick to feel that way again
I'm playing those songs we grew up on and I remember when

Yeah I'm going back to Music City to that little big country town
With Roy Acuff and Miss Minnie down at that Grand Ole Opry House
Yeah I'm going back to Music City in my mind I can see it now
I'd like to thank every ol' hillbilly for that Nashville Country sound

Tammy and Loretta sing about fellas, Bill whispers and makes us cry
Mother Maybelle's songs bring us home in that sweet old by and by
Banjo and fiddle taking turns with a little Turkey In The Straw
Then Buck is picking and Roy is grinning while we all laugh with HeeHaw

Those little bungelows on Music Row left us with the stars
Time has flown but they shine on those streets in my heart

#370004 - 10/14/16 02:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Hey Josie,

This is super fun!! Great performance and great song--great everything. I loved everything about it. Now, if they were still publishing songs this good, well...

But that's a topic for another day!!

smile

Again, loved this.

P.S. I also thought video was perfect. Just right, and not distracting. Great job.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#370009 - 10/14/16 03:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
Loc: uk scotland
colly Offline
Apprentice

Loc: uk scotland
Hi

I have just come across your music i.e. on sound cloud you have an amazing voice ....Karen carpenter. Shania twain ...come to mind when I listened to some of your songs.

Don't take this the wrong way but your music is spot on as well. But it could be better mixed i.e. .

The music should be wrapped around your voice to be pro sounding.

You really are in my opinion the best female vocalist I have heard on here.

I would love to have a chance to remix one of your songs.

It would be a pleasure.

Take care

#370011 - 10/14/16 04:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: colly]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Ugh,

I think I have to do a forum interception here and I will state that I am being gentle Colly because I know you are new to the forum and we are glad to have you here. However:

Josie does indeed have a great voice but saying she is the "best" implies others are not as good and we just don't do that around here. This is not our forum etiquette. I am sure it was accidental, but this is just not done. There are many, many splendid female vocalists on this forum who all have their own unique style, and all have beautiful voices.

It is not one's place to say who is "best" and "better"--this is a community of tightly knit people, and, again, that is just not done. Also, some people spend a lot of time on their mixes and present them as they wanted them to sound.

If they ASK for feedback on the mix suggesting they are looking for a re-mixer that is one thing, but if they don't you probably should not offer. I could be off the mark here, but I think global comments about the mixing quality of someone's entire catalog is just not done, unless some asks for that kind of help. Maybe others have different ideas. That is just mine.

Josie, I think the song was mixed great.

Colly, I hope you receive this in the gracious spirit in which it is intended. I am trying to be helpful for the future, not critical, and I am sorry if I come across as a school marm.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#370014 - 10/14/16 04:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Sundance,

A really enjoyable feel-good country song. Very good vocal ( I`m hearing a bit of Suzy Bogguss - warm and genuine with a nice hiccup in the right places!).
BiaB has such a wealth of backing tracks for country - your choices sound on the money to me.

Robert

#370017 - 10/14/16 05:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Josie,

This is great! I listened to the audio first and then watched the video.

I really liked the arrangement and the way you mixed instruments and background vocals in and out of the mix so that audio helped paint the story. The mix sounded terrific on my system. When I closed my eyes and focused, I could isolate and listen to each individual component of the arrangement. This is what I always try to achieve with my own work. I find it so elusive, though. You've done really well.

To my ears, your vocals are magnificent. The clarity and the up-front sound are perfect. It's easy to hear just how much effort and planning has gone into creating this production.

In case you are interested, thoughts that sprang to my mind as I listened were: 'great beat', 'this sounds so good', 'Josie's performance is excellent', 'I love the clarity of the mix', 'first class work'.

All the best,
Noel

#370021 - 10/14/16 06:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Expert

Loc: Central Ohio
Liked that Going Back To Music City. The Soundcloud collection taken as a whole has a lot of good stuff in it. Closer Walk sounds fine. (ed)
Reaper/Audacity
TASCAM DP 03 SD|Digital deck

#370035 - 10/14/16 07:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: David Snyder]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Quote:
Hey Josie,

This is super fun!! Great performance and great song--great everything. I loved everything about it. Now, if they were still publishing songs this good, well...

But that's a topic for another day!!

Again, loved this.

P.S. I also thought video was perfect. Just right, and not distracting. Great job.

Thank you David! I appreciate that. It was fun to do and my husband got to get involved. I like today's music too but I guess you always like what you grew up on best.

Edited by Sundance (10/14/16 07:39 PM)

#370036 - 10/14/16 07:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: colly]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: colly
Hi

I have just come across your music i.e. on sound cloud you have an amazing voice ....Karen carpenter. Shania twain ...come to mind when I listened to some of your songs.

Don't take this the wrong way but your music is spot on as well. But it could be better mixed i.e. .

The music should be wrapped around your voice to be pro sounding.

You really are in my opinion the best female vocalist I have heard on here.

I would love to have a chance to remix one of your songs.

It would be a pleasure.

Take care

Thank you Colly! That's so sweet of you to say. You obviously have excellent taste. (Excuse me, I'm having to enlarge my doors now so I can get my head through.) grin Seriously, I'm in plenty of good company around these parts.

Mixing is my least favorite thing to do. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I feel like I've thrown one at the dart board and hoping it got close enough. My big concern with this one was it being too bright. I'll send you a pm in a bit and we'll talk about it.

#370037 - 10/14/16 07:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Robertkc]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Sundance,

A really enjoyable feel-good country song. Very good vocal ( I`m hearing a bit of Suzy Bogguss - warm and genuine with a nice hiccup in the right places!).
BiaB has such a wealth of backing tracks for country - your choices sound on the money to me.

Robert

Thank you Robert! I was working on another song when I stumbled on the baritone guitar - which made me think OMG, that would be so perfect for the song you're hearing now - which was half written in an old note book. So after searching the pile I found and finished it. I love it when that happens with the RT's.

#370038 - 10/14/16 07:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Hi Josie, nice song and you do have a lovely voice. Whoever said Karen Carpenter was right on. Thank you for your work. it's great! Torrey.

#370041 - 10/14/16 07:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Noel96]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Josie,

This is great! I listened to the audio first and then watched the video.

I really liked the arrangement and the way you mixed instruments and background vocals in and out of the mix so that audio helped paint the story. The mix sounded terrific on my system. When I closed my eyes and focused, I could isolate and listen to each individual component of the arrangement. This is what I always try to achieve with my own work. I find it so elusive, though. You've done really well.

To my ears, your vocals are magnificent. The clarity and the up-front sound are perfect. It's easy to hear just how much effort and planning has gone into creating this production.

In case you are interested, thoughts that sprang to my mind as I listened were: 'great beat', 'this sounds so good', 'Josie's performance is excellent', 'I love the clarity of the mix', 'first class work'.

All the best,
Noel

Thank you Noel! I appreciate that so much coming from you - that last song of yours was just gorgeous. I had a good time singing this one and putting it together. I was ready for a feel good song.

And the mixes - they're all like little babies you take out in world hoping they're not really ugly and you're the only one who can't see it. LOL! I'm so happy it sounded good on your end.

#370042 - 10/14/16 07:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: edshaw]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: edshaw
Liked that Going Back To Music City. The Soundcloud collection taken as a whole has a lot of good stuff in it. Closer Walk sounds fine. (ed)

Thank you very much Ed!

#370045 - 10/14/16 08:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Hi Josie, nice song and you do have a lovely voice. Whoever said Karen Carpenter was right on. Thank you for your work. it's great! Torrey.

Thank you for those kind words Torrey!

KC is one of my favs. So sad she died too young.

#370068 - 10/15/16 01:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
Loc: North Yorkshire, England
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Gorgeous song and performance Josie.

The main vocal and harmonies sound just right to my ears.
Oh and I love that baritone guitar RT.

Congrats.

Rec

#370070 - 10/15/16 04:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Very much enjoyed this one, Josie! Lyrics are well written, and I enjoyed the vocal. Choice of realtracks is spot on, and the mix sounds good to these ears.

Heading over to check out the video now ....

Blue Attitude Website

#370089 - 10/15/16 06:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Oh yeah! We've been missing this positive "Josie vibe" lately...and this one does not disappoint. It's wonderful to see you back with a new one.

As always it's hard to bring anything to the table after Noel checks in smile He pretty much covered it all.

For us It's one of those tunes for which there's no need to parse things out. It sounds like a well arranged, written, and mixed and as we say "happy" vocals!" -- In the fun mode of your "It is what it is" and that is one that really stuck with us.

And a mighty fine addition to our SC playlist!

Kudos

J&B

#370091 - 10/15/16 06:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

"Tammy and Loretta sing about fellas, Bill whispers and makes us cry
Mother Maybelle's songs bring us home in that sweet old by and by
Banjo and fiddle taking turns with a little Turkey In The Straw
Then Buck is picking and Roy is grinning while we all laugh with HeeHaw"

A very strong write, Josie. My favorite of yours. Especially like "...Banjo and fiddle... taking turns with a little..." - nice!

And nice to hear Roy Acuff mentioned for a change (instead of the standard choices that most people make in nostalgia songs)... well done all around! The HeeHaw sound clip was great!

That baritone guitar sounds terrific, too. The fiddle and steel are nicely placed.

Really enjoyed this (several times!)

floyd

#370105 - 10/15/16 09:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
Pauline - PG Music Offline
Apprentice

Hi Josie,

Love it! Wonderful use of the RealTracks, especially that guitar lick. I enjoyed watching the video too! Time to visit Nashville!

Pauline
PG Music Team

#370114 - 10/15/16 09:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Going Back To Music City [Re: Sundance]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Josie, I think I have seen all 231 episodes of Hee Haw. Salute... Really great editing and a superb write and vocal. I have listened several times and I like this a lot. A BIG Bravo!!! Tom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32841 Members
68 Forums
66126 Topics
561468 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
uhv14437@cuoly.c, Chris52, EyalSavab, Christmas Music, Calceus

32841 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 175
VideoTrack 154