You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#372061 - 10/28/16 10:30 PM [User Showcase] Times were wild
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

I wrote this last year about being in a band in the 1970's.
The "fighting of chicks" bit, however, is from the early 2000's as we were driving home from a gig through little welsh villages and narrow country roads in 2 cars, I was second with the drummer Kev, then suddenly this drunk super sized lady was dancing down the middle of the road, so we slowed right down.
She fell on the lead car's bonnet, and started stripping!! Steve the passenger got out, he was luckily a drug and alcohol counsellor! and she then tried to get in the car and held onto Lloyd the driver with Steve trying to pull her out. Once Kev and I could see through our tears of laughter, we leapt out to help him.
We got her out and she really started fighting so we pushed her into roadside bushes and got out of there fast....And no-one ever believed us. frown
We always wondered what she thought when she woke with one hell of a hangover, half naked in a bush in a country lane. HAHAHA grin

Times were wild

I'm right back in the old days when were young and some say mad
I was superficiusly thinking 'bout the rockin and the boppin and the drinking and the dancing and the lies we were sold
just trying to make a buck, not having much luck just waitin for the man to come
we were in the right place at the wrong time
man those times were wild

living in the back of a hearse we converted I was sleeping on the top of my amp
fighting of the chicks as we were trying to get to famous noone wanting what we could so easily provide
remember that dude with the jacket like a drug store passing that stuff around
now in the wrong place at the wrong time

I can still see you at every date we played dancing in front of the band
scooting round the floor you didnt keep still as you were
catching my eye with the moves that you made
making damn certain I would never ever notice your face, which somehow I did

SOLO

I can still see you at every date we played dancing in front of the band
scooting round the floor you didnt keep still as you were
catching my eye with the moves that you made
making damn certain I would neverever notice your face

I'm right back in the old days when were young and some say mad
I was superficiusly thinking 'bout the rockin and the boppin and the drinking and the dancing and the lies we were sold
just trying to make a buck, not having much luck just waitin for the man to come
never in the right place at the right time

Key=D , Tempo 70, Length (m:s)=2:54
2 bar intro, 45 bar chorus, from bar 3 to bar 47. Repeat x1 chorus

RealTracks in song: ~585:Guitar, Resophonic, Rhythm Blues Muddy Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 1012:Bass, Electric, BluesRock Sw 140
RealTracks in style: 1412:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticHornpipe Sw16 070
RealTracks in song: ~966:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieGrittyMuted Sw 140
RealDrums in song: BodhranCelticHornpipe^2-a,b:Brushes

RealTracks in song: 529:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 065

Crash is POP American Crash sample,
Extra snare hits are a Bossa snare, and Kick is from a Rock RT. All programmed in FLoops. And a claps loop or two.

enjoy

Alyn

My story

#372064 - 10/29/16 01:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hey Alyn.

Nostalgia seems to be in fashion on the Showcase at the moment! Fabulous background story to this one.

I looked at the RT list and thought - Celtic Hornpipe? Bodhran? - what's this all about? Well I tried dancing a hornpipe to it without a great deal of success, so I had to settle for listening.

This sounds more like the Steve Gibbons Band - a great rocking blues which kicked off my Saturday morning in style. Make's me wonder how we ever survived those days.

Great stuff, Alyn. More please.

ROG.

#372068 - 10/29/16 04:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: Ireland
musiclover Online   happy
Expert

Loc: Ireland
Alyn,

Absolutely great lyrics on this song, totally impressed so well put together and a great story behind them, has to be my favourite of yours to date, knew that I was going to enjoy it just by reading the lyrics alone.

Wasn't disappointed either, great write and production.
I think this is a song that could go far, but maybe then it wouldn't sound the same without the Gibson voice behind it.
Lyric writing as good as it gets here.
Keep em coming Alyn,

Musiclover

Edited by musiclover (10/29/16 04:15 AM)

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 (32bit) and 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2020, and Cubase elements 10

#372077 - 10/29/16 05:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Another awesome tune that brought back memories of younger days. Last couple years of high school could not wait for Friday. We would pack up the trailer, hook it up to one of our parents car and hit the road. Would be back Sunday the worse for wear after hitting rural Manitoba for Friday and Saturday night gigs. Some crazy days. :-)

Loved the tune

#372094 - 10/29/16 08:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Well done Alyn,

Great capture of that 60s 70s rock 'n' roll feel!
Original, as only you can produce.
Nostalgia all around indeed, most forum members seem to be at least 40 years or older.
Well, we are older than 40 ;-)

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#372101 - 10/29/16 10:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Will B - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Awesome song, Alyn. I'm also loving all the nostalgic stories flying around here at the moment!

#372116 - 10/29/16 10:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: North Yorkshire, England
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Hi Alyn,

Great story and song! Would never have thought of those RTs and they sound so good together.

Favourite points:
- Overall vibe and rhythm
- Love the vocal, lyrics and the vocal echo sound.
- That guitar solo is sweet.
- Like how you made the drums start softly and then come in louder in verse 2
- "Waitin for the man" harmony

Another great Gibson song.

Cheers,
Rec

#372121 - 10/29/16 11:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Great song Alyn!!! Love this line:

remember that dude with the jacket like a drug store passing that stuff around

Can't do it any better than that! This is so well done. I love the fast flying lyrics and great live vibe. Reminded me of John and George's songs in the early 70's. Great vocal. Great mix. Loved the end with the one guitar playing-sounded like something that might have happened in the studio with "the dude in the jacket passing that stuff around". I'm loving this old days week. I still try to tell the young people how great that era was. Loved it!! Take care. Greg

#372122 - 10/29/16 11:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Alyn,

Keep those memories coming - if they have a beat like this you won`t just be singing for us oldsters.
This is the catchiest song I`ve heard by you - the boogie style is a great fit for the band on the road theme.
I can hear some Lennon in your vocal.
Sure hope the Welsh bonnet dancer made it home!

Robert

#372178 - 10/29/16 02:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

I like your song Alyn. your best for me.
Very enjoyable.

Sergio

Sergio

#372179 - 10/29/16 02:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

"I was superficiusly thinking 'bout the rockin and the boppin and the drinking and the dancing and the lies we were sold..."

The freedom in your writing makes it special.

Your signature vocal makes it more so.

Great story!

Excellent sound - you put together so many good "bands"!

(I am so pleased you are back...)

floyd

#372229 - 10/29/16 06:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
WOW what a great song. Your backing tracks were perfect as was your vocals. Your lyrics not only were top shelf but they also brought back a ton of memories!

Your "I can still see you at every date we played dancing in front of the band scooting round the floor you didnt keep still as you were
catching my eye with the moves that you made" reminded me of my girlfriend, now my wife. First as a girl friend making sure that I did catch her eye and then as my wife making sure I didn't catch anyone else's eye grin

"I'm right back in the old days when were young and some say mad
I was superficiusly thinking 'bout the rockin and the boppin and the drinking and the dancing" is a fantastic line! Change mad to freaking crazy, add smoking and drag racing and you have my history shocked

This is your best to date and it's a keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#372240 - 10/29/16 08:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Great song Gibson, you took me down memory lane. Really liked the vocal effects. Take care, Torrey.

#372261 - 10/29/16 09:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Alyn,

Great story, great lyric, great delivery, great song.

Peter

#372320 - 10/30/16 06:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Gibson, This is a great 60's rocking sound. The Reso surprised me but fit like a glove. I like what floyd said about the freedom in your writing. I never know what to expect but I know I'm going to like it. I remember those days quite well. Luckily the drummer had a drivers license because we were too young to drive. Another great nostalgic tune. Tom

#372421 - 10/30/16 09:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Alyn

Like others said, you have the unique sensibility and the extraordinary stuff.
I cannot understand the English lyrics so well, but the rhythm of these lyrics is very interesting.
The feeling of 60's Rock'nRoll is so well expressed.
I can hear Lennon in this song too.
Great tune. Very enjoyable.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#372436 - 10/31/16 12:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: ROG]
gibson Offline
Veteran

ROG,

I wanted to write a song with the bodhran so double timed the rest! It needs a lot of beers to dance the hornpipe correctly to this.

Steve Gibbons Band. NOW what a band. saw them live a lot of times in London in the 1970's.

Good times then and it is now time for payback as we get old grin

hope all is OK up North!

Alyn

My story

#372453 - 10/31/16 04:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: Cape Town
PaddyG Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Cape Town

Alyn

You are a one man band and raconteur. As I have said before I would pay just to hear some of your early life tales, even your more recent ones. But the fact that you are so able to express them in song also you are a true born showman. I enjoyed this one no end

Paddy G

#372457 - 10/31/16 04:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: musiclover]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Musiclover,

thanks a lot.
Quote:
I think this is a song that could go far, but maybe then it wouldn't sound the same without the Gibson voice behind it.

Maybe I might be in the right place at the right time, eventually grin Altho' with that comment of yours I will promote it a bit more!!

I'll give you a shout for a beer if it works!!!

Alyn

My story

#372532 - 10/31/16 01:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Times were wild [Re: gibson]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Everybody sure is getting nostalgic! Another great addition to the collection! Really liked it!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32841 Members
68 Forums
66126 Topics
561473 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
uhv14437@cuoly.c, Chris52, EyalSavab, Christmas Music, Calceus

32841 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 175
VideoTrack 154