Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#374420 - 11/16/16 03:17 AM [User Showcase] Have You Ever…?
molsenhouse Offline
Journeyman

Just love playing around with the different styles in Biab – from country to jazz, from irish folk to rock'n roll and a whole lot more.

This one is…
…a rocker, I think!

HAVE YOU EVER…?

Thanks again PG Music for making dreams come true!

Biab tracks and style used in this recording:

Real 995 Bass, Electric, HardRockLA Ev 120
RealDrums RockHardLA^1-ClsdHt,HlfOpHt
Real 686 Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120

Style is _HROCKLA.STY

Lyrics:

HAVE YOU EVER…?
Sometimes I wonder; what will come after this?
What is the next stumbling step that we do for our kids?

Did you see the man that tried to cross the ocean
with his family
The little boy that didn't make it
Another endless victim of the sea!

Have you ever seen daddy crying like a little girl?
Have you ever seen mums eyes looking beyond this world?

Did you see the man coming down from the mountain
To his kin
Carrying the deer on his shoulders
With a smile just like Huckleberry Finn

Have you ever seen your mother with such a big smiling face?
Have you ever seen your sisters and brothers so embraced?

Do you ever long for summer
Do you ever long for summer
Or is it winter, autumn or spring?
I wanna KNOW!!!

There's quite an issue here, and it's blinding my eyes
I try to open my ears, but still hear a lot of lies

Have you ever seen the Ministers, the Mullahs or the Presidents
Have you ever seen those power-people making amends?

Do they ever long for summer
Do they ever long for summer
Or is it winter, autumn or spring?
I wanna KNOW!!!

As a matter of fact, it doesn't mean a thing
We all have to make amends!

#374422 - 11/16/16 03:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
A great heavy sound, with a powerful introduction.

Ideal use of instruments.

The style worked really well and I did enjoy the listen.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#374441 - 11/16/16 05:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Was hooked from the first bar!

A great song and a fabulous arrangement.

Loved everything about it.

ROG.

#374444 - 11/16/16 05:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Love it! The opening is fantastic. Great playing, vocals, arrangement and a standout mix. Great work! Tom

#374449 - 11/16/16 05:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

einar,

This is outstanding. A terrific rock sound - excellent mix. Good vocals, nice arrangement.... Really like how you used the organ.

Well done, all the way around...

Terrific listen. Enjoyed it...

floyd

#374471 - 11/16/16 07:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
A great rock song
thoroughly enjoyed, sounds great LOUD!!

Alyn

My story

#374476 - 11/16/16 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Will B - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Really great arrangement, and I agree with Floyd, the organ is so tasteful throughout. I LOVE the last "Do they ever..." section leading into that ripping guitar solo straight through to the end. Awesome stuff.

#374510 - 11/16/16 11:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Yes rock song for sure. Loved it. Excellent vocal . Hear little Ric Ocasek

Edited by Scottt709 (11/16/16 11:51 AM)

#374532 - 11/16/16 01:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
molsenhouse, man you have created a great sound here. I can tell a lot of love for your music went into this production. Great overall sound, guitars are fantastic and I really appreciated the way you used the organ sounds. But above that, loved the vocal. You remind me of Al Stewart, one of my favorites. Take care, Torrey.

Edited by Torrey Bliss (11/16/16 01:39 PM)

#374535 - 11/16/16 01:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Very good work indeed. You don't hear rock on the forum all that much.
The vocals could be a little louder in the mix here and there.

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#374611 - 11/17/16 03:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: North Yorkshire, England
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Great opening! Kind of SRV meets Bruce Springsteen.
The rest of the song has a J Geils, Centerfold vibe to it.

Vocals are top notch and also a tremendous production.

Nice one,
Jez

#374689 - 11/17/16 01:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: ROG]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: ROG

ROG.

YEAH!! This one just feels good! Great road radio music. Organ sounds great (sounds custom played), and your guitar work is great, as are your vocals. AWESOME!! Take care. Greg

#374694 - 11/17/16 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Its all been said- I agree with the plaudits... plus these are some very unusual and cool lyrics.
Great song!

Robert

#374797 - 11/18/16 04:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
molsenhouse Offline
Journeyman

wow – thanks for all your great comments and thanks for listening!

videotrack, rog, tommy, floyd, alyn, will, rob and greg – thanks for paying attention to this song – the organ was generated several times – ended up with switching between two organ tracks to fulfill the song (according to my ears ;-)

scott, torrey and jez: "Ric Ocasek, Al Stewart, SRV meets Bruce Springsteen, J Geils, Centerfold" – I'M NOT WORTHY!!!

…but, thanks a lot!

jez; the lead guitar sound is actually based on a patch from my vg99 called; "Let SRV Dance" ;-)

torrey; the vocals – i'm working on it – i've never consider myself a vocalist (always been a "stringman";) – though, it usually works well for choirs and 2. and 3. vocals – but, thanks for your encouraging words – and your LOVE for music! that means a lot!!!

rob; about the vocals – i discovered that mix on the mp3 sc-file is more muddy than the original 24/48-file used for mastering – just uploaded the song for streaming on apple music/spotify etc., hopefully it sounds better there – and of course, it has to be played LOUD – "It's only Rock'n Roll!"

and robert; thanks for your comment about the lyrics – really appreciated it! :-)

#374808 - 11/18/16 05:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
What a great song. I've been hooked on your music since hearing "Cry,cry,cry". This is top notch in lyrics, arrangement, mix and production. It makes us all glad you discovered PGMusic's Biab and graciously share your work with us here on the forum.

Enjoyed my listen and will be back for many more.

Charlie

#375012 - 11/19/16 03:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
molsenhouse Offline
Journeyman

thanks for your very nice words, charlie! :-)

#375017 - 11/19/16 03:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
"Thanks again PG Music for making dreams come true!"

They certainly are! What a great production. Top notch. I can hear this on the radio.

#375226 - 11/20/16 08:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: ROG]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: ROG

ROG.

What he said!!!

This productions sounds terrific on our monitors. Everything is in the pocket. Great write, vocals, arrangement, solo, and mix.

We're looking forward to the next one.

J&B

#375227 - 11/20/16 08:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
This is great! I can absolutely hear this on the radio... Outstanding job.

Bob

#375607 - 11/22/16 11:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have You Ever…? [Re: molsenhouse]
molsenhouse Offline
Journeyman

joanne, janice & bud, bob:

thanks for stopping by, listening and commenting – highly appreciate it!

…and radio – yes, it would have been fun – maybe the PG Radio!

i just make music – don't know much about how to get "through the radio-jungle" with original music without a record company, not in my own country and definitely not on an international commercial radio market

but, internet has opened a lot of new possibilities – and this forum is really GREAT – the BEST!!!

chatting with all the fabulous people that loves music, makes music and share it for free – could it be better?

well, of course meeting all of you in a PG MUSIC WORLD GATHERING – in Grand Ole Opry, Nashville – that would be something… ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Forum Stats
32860 Members
68 Forums
66175 Topics
562062 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
VK3KKP, lonnydude, Dale Hamm, MikeHannigan, chemistsworld

32859 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 140