You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#398658 - 03/03/17 01:16 PM [User Showcase] She's Gone To Texas
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

I have been very busy lately and must apologize for not commenting on any of the great songs that have been posted recently. I have also been dealing with some health issues which seem to come with the territory of getting older. I won’t shake up the natural order of the first page by going back and commenting on songs that I missed. I have been listening and continue to be impressed by the creativity that is the hallmark of this forum. To continue the Texas theme from floyd’s latest, here’s one.

https://soundcloud.com/tommyad/shes-gone-to-texas

http://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

Vocals, Pedal Steel, Electric & Acoustic Guitars, Tom Adams

( Note- The leads at the end were loops )

Royalty free loops

RealTracks in style: 1255:Bass, Electric, PopShiningA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1264:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 2535:Guitar, Electric, HeldChords Gritty
RealTracks in style: 1259:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRockA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1755:Mandolin, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2035:Mandolin, Soloist CountryAndy Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 851:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NashvillePopClean Ev 120 (A:held)
RealDrums: RealDrums in Style: PraiseWorshipShine^01-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Gone To Texas

There’s nothing quite as big as a western sky
When daylight fades and it gets a little dark
It’s tough to see what’s up and gone so far into the night
Especially when it matters to your heart

She’s gone to Texas
Back to Mission to try it on her own
we lost that connection
Says she thinks she’s better off alone

They say it’s never easy that’s just the way it is
Evidently people clearly change
What goes up must come down and all comes down to this
What once was love suddenly feels strange

She’s gone to Texas
we lost that connection

I’m not one to try and claim I know the reasons why
All i know is my whole world is leaving here tonight

She’s gone to Texas
we lost that connection

©2017 Thomas Adams

Edited by tommyad (03/03/17 06:19 PM)

#398663 - 03/03/17 01:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: england
Biglad Offline
Apprentice

Loc: england
thank you tommy that was escellent great story wells sung .brill backing vocals reminds me of early brooks and dunn.keep em coming

#398681 - 03/03/17 04:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Again you nail it.

I loved this before you even started singing. That groove is right there from the start that I love.

Those are some ripping loops.... the ending was too soon for me..... yeah it could have rocked on for a while.

OK back to the song.... man what a phenomenal example of a chorus that just freaking delivers the goods! And you get there before the 60 second mark in the song. Everything about this says it should be a top 10 radio song.

Very nice....

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#398687 - 03/03/17 04:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Tom,

So good to see you back. This is outstanding... Love the song, arrangement and your awesome vocal.

Bob

#398695 - 03/03/17 05:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Tom,
Fantastic - brilliant chorus - great overall sound -loved it.

Peter

#398706 - 03/03/17 07:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: California
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

It has been literally a few years since I've been able to listen to the User Showcase. I'm glad I'm back, cause the Biab Users have come a LONG way with their recordings. This was awesome ! Love the whole song and layout, including the harmonies added. My only nitpick, which may be due to my headphones, the Hi's were a little hot for my taste. Too crisp, in other words.

Great song though, keep on writing and rocking friend!

#398710 - 03/03/17 07:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
It just wasn't the same without you around here,
so glad to see and hear a new song.

Hell of a good chorus, everything about this song
just shines, pro sounding mix. Really nice vocals
and the guitars as always razor sharp good.
I'd stay away from Mission if I wuz you, think I went
thru there at some point, that whole McAllen area
is too far south and too dangerous amigo.
Great song

Kenny

#398716 - 03/03/17 08:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Tom I hope you are on the mend health wise. Always love your music. This is a great rocker.

#398719 - 03/03/17 10:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Tom,

I was quite excited when I saw your name pop up with a new post. It's been quite a while! It really is great to have you back.

Once again you've written, performed and produced a work of art that is exceptional. You have a knack for this. Time and again you show us all how it's done.

This was a terrific listen. Ear candy? Nope, it went way beyond that. This was from the the top shelf liqueur section of the songwriting.

All the best and may your mending come along leaps and bounds.

Regards,
Noel

#398734 - 03/04/17 03:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man, just so good! Great chorus, really makes the song.
Loved the guitar solo at the end, would have never have guessed it was loops? Doesn't matter, it fit the tune perfectly.

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#398739 - 03/04/17 05:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: Guitarhacker]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Biglad
thank you tommy that was escellent great story wells sung .brill backing vocals reminds me of early brooks and dunn.keep em coming
Brad, Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed Highland Girl and look forward to many more from you. Tom
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Again you nail it.

I loved this before you even started singing. That groove is right there from the start that I love.

Those are some ripping loops.... the ending was too soon for me..... yeah it could have rocked on for a while.

OK back to the song.... man what a phenomenal example of a chorus that just freaking delivers the goods! And you get there before the 60 second mark in the song. Everything about this says it should be a top 10 radio song.

Very nice....
Herb, Once again I thank you for being such a strong supporter of my music. That lead loop smokes. No need to try and top that. Whiskey For Breakfast is so strong. A great write by the Raleigh boys and some spectacular production, playing and singing from yourself. I really enjoyed it! Tom

#398744 - 03/04/17 05:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Glad your back and feeling better. Loved this tune. Excellent vocal lyric and guitar work. Very cool pickguard on that tele....

#398819 - 03/04/17 03:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great work on this tommyad! Really love the vocal production and driving guitar riffs. Very pleasant to listen to! smile

#398903 - 03/05/17 07:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: PeterF]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Tom,

So good to see you back. This is outstanding... Love the song, arrangement and your awesome vocal.

Bob
Bob, Thanks much. I enjoyed the hypnotic feel of Waterproof. Another good one from you. Tom
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom,
Fantastic - brilliant chorus - great overall sound -loved it.

Peter
Thanks and I loved Don't Need A Man. Tom

#398940 - 03/05/17 01:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

This is great ! Reminds me of Diamond Rio.

Mix was great as well, loved it.

Trax

#398943 - 03/05/17 01:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Super song. A real hit.

Sergio

Sergio

#398958 - 03/05/17 03:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
I always look forward to hearing anything you post on the forum. Like you, health situations I have taken me out of commission in the forum quite a bit the past few months. I hope you are doing much better. This place isn't the same without you around.

This is really outstanding. Your choruses always seem to explode onto the scene, after some good introductory imagery in the verse leading up to it. Good writing. And your vocals and "pickin" always come across just right. Like Herb said, once again you nailed it!

Steve

#398969 - 03/05/17 04:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Tom, your music is always great! This is no exception! Everything here sounds wonderful-a great song. Blessings for your health! Thanks, Torrey.

#399019 - 03/06/17 04:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: 44kfl]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Muzic Trax
It has been literally a few years since I've been able to listen to the User Showcase. I'm glad I'm back, cause the Biab Users have come a LONG way with their recordings. This was awesome ! Love the whole song and layout, including the harmonies added. My only nitpick, which may be due to my headphones, the Hi's were a little hot for my taste. Too crisp, in other words.

Great song though, keep on writing and rocking friend!

Hey Trax, Good to hear from you. I appreciate the nice comments. Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
It just wasn't the same without you around here,
so glad to see and hear a new song.

Hell of a good chorus, everything about this song
just shines, pro sounding mix. Really nice vocals
and the guitars as always razor sharp good.
I'd stay away from Mission if I wuz you, think I went
thru there at some point, that whole McAllen area
is too far south and too dangerous amigo.
Great song

Kenny
Kenny, Thanks for the kind words. You're right the Valley area is a little rough. We've been there many times. Thanks again, Tom

#399026 - 03/06/17 05:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: She's Gone To Texas [Re: tommyad]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Tommy,

Late on this one. This is great stuff!

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size

Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements

The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Forum Stats
28441 Members
58 Forums
55253 Topics
460228 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
BBMaestro, truffaldino, JuliaHolmes, wellington, wetzelbuddyspear

28439 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 362
Pipeline 329