Index
#440591 - 11/25/17 02:47 PM [User Showcase] YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/you-didnt-give-up-on-me
https://youtu.be/koylAy23pTY
This is a rework of a song I did a couple of years ago. I wanted it to have a little more snap to it than the original. Kind of draws from a mix of styles, everything from 70's folk rock to Motown.
The lyric content is from the heart, it's the way I really feel! Hope someone likes it. Lyrics are in the video. Thanks, T

BIAB
1637 Electric Guitar Rhythm Jazz Funk Breezy EV16 75
1236 Electric Guitar Rhythm Smooth Jazz Poppy Ev16 90
362 Acoustic Guitar Strumming EV85
1945 Acoustic Guitar Rhythm Groovin Folk EV85
2195 Piano Electric Vintage Rhythm Cool Jazz Pop Held EV85
Drums Country Pop Ballad

Me
Vocals
Bass
Electric Guitar Lead and Rhythm
Percussion

Edited by Torrey Bliss (11/25/17 05:33 PM)

#440594 - 11/25/17 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
This tune has everything going for it. Smooth cool and mellow with a retro seventies feel.
Great write Torrey. Rob

#440602 - 11/25/17 03:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Torrey,
I haven`t heard the original but this has all the quality you always bring: sincere lyrics and super smooth vocals with the jazzy pop style you are an absolute pro at.
Lovely guitar work throughout is the icing.
Most enjoyable!

Robert

#440606 - 11/25/17 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The songs I have heard from you always have such a professional sound quality to them. I really enjoyed this one, and I can tell that the lyrics come from the heart. This song really shines.

Thanks for the share!

#440637 - 11/25/17 06:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Love the chord progression on this one Torrey. Super vocal and lyric. Very smooth tune.. Guitar was very cool

#440642 - 11/25/17 07:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Torrey,

Classic sound! Reminds me of very early 1970s MoTown before it faded away. Great vocal and arrangement. Sweet message in the lyric. As all your songs do, this has a very professional sound. I always enjoy your work!

Wishing you the very best.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#440657 - 11/25/17 09:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Nice bass playing (that's from an old bass player)

Super song! (like a track off of Something/Anything)

your mixes always shine and this one is great

vocals are top notch, very nice guitar

strong write

sweet!

Kenny

#440680 - 11/26/17 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Very nice Torrey! Nice groove to this. Love the vocals, those background vocals are perfect.

Great job on the guitar and bass too!

Pure class all the way.

Blue Attitude Website

#440693 - 11/26/17 05:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Torrey !:))

What a lovely tune
with super vocals and
very, very sweet chords
that is exactly what I
dig !:))

Cheers
Dani

#440698 - 11/26/17 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
“Me
Vocals
Bass
Electric Guitar Lead and Rhythm
Percussion”

I wanna do that when I grow up!

This has your fine signature everything: vocals, instrumental performance and mix.

Pro sound all the way!

J&B

#440748 - 11/26/17 09:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I never heard the previous version from a few years ago, but I certainly enjoyed this! You definitely succeeded in giving this tune the "snap" you were looking for. I loved the drums in this one, they get your toe tapping and have a ton of energy behind them. Not to mention, your vocal delivery here is seriously on point! Over all, it's just a well written song and it sounds very professionally mixed as well.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

#440780 - 11/26/17 12:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Rob4580]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Thanks for the kind words Rob! I appreciate it! T

#440781 - 11/26/17 12:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Lovely lyrics and delivery.
Nice guitar.
Loads of style here.
Very tasteful Torrey.
Cheers.

#440801 - 11/26/17 01:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Torrey

Wonderful playing and writing. As others have said pure class.
Sounds superb.

Peter

#440811 - 11/26/17 02:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Hey Torrey,

I love your productions and singing man!

I am always reminded a little of ELO (and sometimes Todd Rundgren) but those are huge compliments.

You still sound pretty much like yourself though and that is the biggest compliment of all.

smile

Happy Holidays!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#440843 - 11/26/17 03:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Robertkc]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

I appreciate your comments Robert! Thanks for taking time to listen! T

#440894 - 11/26/17 10:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
Mr. Bliss...

I am no ladies' man, but your song, "You Didn't Give Up On Me", is the kind of dreamy, ultra-mellow, quietly uplifting song that, if I had heard it in a club on a Friday, or a Saturday night, would put me instantly in my best sweet-talking mode and have me surveying the place for a dance partner:

ME: Um, pardon me, miss, but, I just KNOW that you didn't get all prettied-up as you so obviously are, and drive all the way out here in the pouring rain (I live in Seattle!) just to sit down while the D.J. spins Torrey Bliss' new song, "You Didn't Give Up On Me".

SHE: You're right, I didn't. Are you asking me to dance with you?

ME: Miss, I've been moving with you (pointing at my forehead) here...and here (pointing at my heart) ever since I first saw you this evening. All I need you to do, now, is to take me by the hand (extending it), so I can get you up out of that chair, and allow me to make our way to that crowded dance floor so you, and me, can do this for real...

I'm sure you get the picture. The optimistic title, the slow-bop rhythm, the glowing chords from the electric piano, the bluesy sweetness of the rhythm guitars, the gospel-like testimony of the vocal chorus, the love-making solo guitar and your committed singing provide a soulfully transporting listening experience.

Mr. Bliss, the music you post to the "User's Forum" are maps of many moods.

Appreciatively,

LOREN

#440930 - 11/27/17 05:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Ember - PG Music]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Thanks for the listen Ember and for the kind words! I appreciate it! T

#440962 - 11/27/17 08:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

I absolutely love your voice, Torrey. That's what hit me the most while listening to this song.
As David said, there's a little bit of ELO in your production (the drums, for example ..) and more than a bit of Jeff Lynne in your voice. And these were some of my musical heroes when I was (much) younger.
Great song, fantastic voice.
Top notch.

Edited by Jon Thomas (11/27/17 09:00 AM)

#441017 - 11/27/17 03:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: YOU DID'NT GIVE UP ON ME [Re: 44kfl]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Nice bass playing (that's from an old bass player)

Super song! (like a track off of Something/Anything)

your mixes always shine and this one is great

vocals are top notch, very nice guitar

strong write

sweet!

Kenny

Torrey,

Kenny said everything I was thinking. And I'm glad he caught the Something/Anything sound - I couldn't put me finger on it, but that is it! Very Rundgren-ish!!!

Super cool sound.

Really enjoyed that.

floyd

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Learning with Band-in-a-Box® - Chords & Games

Want to hear what a chord sounds like? Type the chord, then press SHIFT enter. The chord will play as it is entered on to the chord sheet!

You can also familiarize yourself with how different chords sound using the Chord Builder feature of the program, which will audition different chords for you, based on your input.

Want more? Challenge yourself with some ear training with the included Pitch Invasion and Music Replay programs, accessible in the Practice Window!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above, and Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

Pitch Invasion & Music Replay can also be accessed within the bb\Songs and Lessons\Ear Training folder for the program.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в "Band-in-a-Box®" 50 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 новых стиля RealTracks (что в два раза больше 101 стиля, которые мы часто выпускали в прошлом), новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), транскрипции для стилей RealDrums и др.!

КУПИТЬ/ОБНОВИТЬ И ЗАГРУЗИТЬ!

Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Forum Stats
32641 Members
68 Forums
65595 Topics
556223 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
ShaneGuitar, Alidas, Bern5432, dixi6, ST56

32640 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 144