Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#434381 - 10/20/17 10:56 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Just making sure the great development team see how many views and how much support there has been for this missing feature grin

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#434442 - 10/20/17 09:31 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

+1
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#434472 - 10/21/17 06:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: Matt Finley]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
+1 again.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#434503 - 10/21/17 10:10 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Oh man, I'm getting writer's cramp on this one. I just went back to review the whole thread, and while it seems like a little thing, I've given it perhaps more of my +1 votes than to any other request.

I hope it isn't hard to implement. My suggestions early on about some of the subtleties that would help shouldn't stop the basic 4/4 - 3/4 count-in issue. Let's start there.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#435772 - 10/29/17 08:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: on the edge of the sandbar
mrgeeze Offline
Apprentice

Loc: on the edge of the sandbar
+1 on the count being based on bar 1.

not trying to hijack, but
i can't help but think that this is a child-problem of the parental problem of PG's implementation of meter specification in biab.

seems the ability to specify the actual meter of the song other than 4/4 (3/4,5/4, 11/8, etc) would provide this desired feature and a host of other ones also.

but i could be wrong.
audioengine usb audio out
costa del mar sunglasses
honda element

#436542 - 11/04/17 09:14 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar (2600+ views) [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Good points.

We have asked for this, an expansion of chord that can be entered in a measure, and cut time for years. It should have been done by now.
music producer/engineer

#439041 - 11/21/17 01:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Maybe there's still time for 2018? cry

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#440899 - 11/26/17 10:46 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

A 4+ YEAR WAIT SO FAR...

To have a very major program bug resolved.

Boy, I sure hope it's delivered in the next version.

#441003 - 11/27/17 01:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar

BUMP !!!!
There has been absolute forum members agreement, not one objection, but nothing happened in about 3 years.

This is a really important issue. If the song starts in 3/4, please just provide a 3/4 count in. Just like every musician in the real world does.

(Instead of looking at the time-signature of the song to decide the count-in, just look at the time-signature of the first bar. C'mon team, not hard, surely?)

Please support this PGM. This is a Wishlist for Product Improvements, not a lucky-dip wishing well. There is a difference. Please support this pragmatic request.

I also want to have 6/8 as an actual time signature and cut time. I'm want to make sure that the chord align with the song I'm playing.
music producer/engineer

#441640 - 11/30/17 03:43 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

I didn't see this very missing feature in the latest version, but hopefully the team could finally include it in one of the 2018 patches.

I very much hope that we wouldn't have to wait another year to have this long standing serious problem resolved. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, it's not a missing feature, it's a major design fault in the program. Nothing less.

#441721 - 11/30/17 11:15 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
+1. Since the 2018 edition notation supports alternate time signatures it would be nice if the automatic count-in matched the first time signature used in a song project.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#441821 - 12/01/17 01:21 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: Spain
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Spain
+1 again. I think that fixing program faults like this one, which has been reported for years, should be top priority for the development team.

#499746 - 11/06/18 01:46 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

If a song has a mix of 3/4 and 4/4 time signatures, and needs to start in 3/4, it needs to use a 4/4 style and use F5 to set the first bar to 3/4. However, this means that the count-in will be in 4/4 when the song then actually starts in 3/4.

It seems to me that it would be a whole lot more practical if Band In A Box just produced the count-in using the same time-signature as the first bar of the song. If the first bar plays in 3/4, the count in should automatically be in 3/4. This would be a great improvement.

Hope others approve.

Regards
Trevor

A request to fix a genuine and very real operational bug in the program that frankly should still not be there.

This particular bug fix request is only 5 years old now. The fault is not imaginary. This can't really be impossible to fix. Action available? 2019? Can we possibly hope?

I am not agitating. Many feel strongly about this and don't want to and should not be let down for another year.

#499783 - 11/06/18 06:20 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
+1 for sure!

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#499952 - 11/06/18 10:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: jford]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

The bearing in my mouse wheel just seized up scrolling all the way from the original 2013 post to the latest 2018 post !

In the pic it's using a 4/4 style with the first 4 bars set to 3 beats per bar but the count-in bars are on 4 beats per bar.
Maybe as it's using that 4/4 style rather than starting with a 3/4 style it needs the 4/4 count-in bars ??
The only work around I can see is mute the count-in in prefs> count-in import a 3/4 count-in wav clip @ beat 3.

if bar1_beats == 3 then mute_count = 1 and play_count34_clip = 1
else mute_count = 0 end smile

3-4 count-in for 2 bars 4-4 120bpm.WAV

1. Options > Preferences > Count-in/Met > Uncheck Play Lead In & Audible Lead In
2. File > Import > Import Audio > Ok > Yes stereo
3. Audio > Set Audio Master (Base) Tempo.. > 120 (this will adjust count-in to your current bpm).

Attachments
BB-3-4-count-in-4-4-style.png

#499983 - 11/07/18 05:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: Pipeline]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
The bearing in my mouse wheel just seized up scrolling all the way from the original 2013 post to the latest 2018 post !

Still laughing, at least you brought some humor to this tragic situation.

1. Options > Preferences > Count-in/Met > Uncheck Play Lead In & Audible Lead In

If we do that then not a single song will have a count in. The Count-in is a global setting. cry cry cry cry cry
That's my other aging but very genuine Wish List item cry cry cry cry cry

#500069 - 11/07/18 12:42 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

If we do that then not a single song will have a count in

This way you manually load the count wav clip you want, but if I can do it manually there's no reason why BB can't do that automatically with some if thens, I can also create it in the piano roll.
So there must be an easy fix for this ???

Attachments
BB-3-4-count-in-4-4-stylemidi.png

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
With Band-in-a-Box®, Making Music Has Never Been Easier!

We came across this recent post, Music Making Software: Record, Edit, Create and Share Your Own Songs, which includes Band-in-a-Box® in their list of software you'll need to record and edit your own songs!

One of our favourite products, and one that doesn’t seem to come up much in discussions about music making software, is Band-In-A-Box from PG Music. This is probably the longest established and certainly one of the most popular music making software packages of all time. Already packed with features, the latest version has added functions that in our opinion make this an essential buy for musicians in any genre, for keyboard players, guitarists, singers, in fact any musician looking for an outstanding tool to make the most of their creative ideas.
-www.musicrepo.com

The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Forum Stats
28224 Members
59 Forums
54910 Topics
455542 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
JeffBro, sophie24, EveArnold, keshu, Boilerman

28226 Registered Users