Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#478816 - 06/21/18 08:33 PM [User Showcase] It's On Us
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Guys and Gals,
Here's a new one from me. It's a Pop Soul upbeat positive message love one another song. This is the first time I've used the oo's and ah's RT's in a song of mine. Lyrics are below.

It's On Us

Realtracks used include:
Realdrums Nashville Even 16, Realdrums PraiseWorshipUptempo16, Percussion loops, Real Drum Shakers. Real Bass 1434 Jazz Funk Poppy 16. RT 2680 and 2081 Guitars Electric Rhythm Pop8ths. RT 2619 Organ Rhythm Funk. RT 2348 Horn Section. RT BGV - pieces from most.

Thank you for your time listening. I appreciate it and hope you enjoy.

IT'S ON US
©2018 Josie Beck ASCAP
Ooo Ooo
It's on us to turn the wheels around
It's on us to show what love's about
It's on us and we haven't got a minute to wait

If change is ever coming now is the time
We're looking back at Sunday school
and dusting off the Golden Rule
We're all God's children
His rainbow of hands
We're gonna do all that we can do
To make our little lights shine again

When signs are all around us it's no surprise
We're walking the talk we've always heard
and turning love back to an action verb

Ooo it's not too late
Til nobody's left outside
It's on us

#478817 - 06/21/18 11:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Josie,

This is s-o-o-o-o-o engaging to listen to. I love it!!! The composition, the rhythm, your singing, the arrangement... everything!

You've certainly come up with some exceptional lyric phrases...

Firstly, I LOVE the opening metaphor, "It's on us to turn the wheels around". It paints the background really well and sets the stage purposefully for the lyrics that are to follow.

And what about "dusting off the Golden Rule"? ..... the way that you've taken the phrase "Golden Rule" and made it into a really easy-to-picture action appealed to me. The description "rainbow of hands" also resonated powerfully... it's a multi-layered phrase that works on many levels.

I really, REALLY enjoyed this journey.

It's terrific to see you again. The site is just not the same when you're not here smile

All the best!
Noel

#478823 - 06/22/18 01:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Hey Josie,

I love this! Great song and vocal... A very cool sound and vibe.

Outstanding production as well - it's got a "live" feel to it.

Bob

#478825 - 06/22/18 02:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Excellent song, loved the instrument choice, along with strong sounding vocals to me gave this a nice modern sound.
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

#478831 - 06/22/18 04:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Carole King!!! And that’s a major compliment! Great job Josie!! Such a sweet vibe and message! Thanks, Torrey

#478845 - 06/22/18 07:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Josie,

This is really well done.

A well written "lesson song". Catchy and very "listen-able".

The arrangement and production carry the song perfectly. And nicely mixed. Really nice background vocals (and ooohs). A lot of nice "little touches". The horns work well.

The whole thing harkens back to Motown. Sounds like an early record from Diana Ross and the Supremes - a radio song.

One of your best - in all regards.

fj

#478856 - 06/22/18 08:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
Josie, that was GREAT! You've really stepped up your game. There's a lot going on in your song; and going on in the right ways. So many ways you created interest. Great use of the background vocals too!

Special kudos for changing so many things sonicly at 2:10

Great job! More please!
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#478869 - 06/22/18 10:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Sundance, Quite enjoyed the organs and vocals in this! Great use of Reverb/space with all the elements. Solid harmonies too. Well done!

#478877 - 06/22/18 10:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi josie I agree with everything said very engaging song well done thanks eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#478884 - 06/22/18 11:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Noel96]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Josie,

This is s-o-o-o-o-o engaging to listen to. I love it!!! The composition, the rhythm, your singing, the arrangement... everything!

You've certainly come up with some exceptional lyric phrases...

Firstly, I LOVE the opening metaphor, "It's on us to turn the wheels around". It paints the background really well and sets the stage purposefully for the lyrics that are to follow.

And what about "dusting off the Golden Rule"? ..... the way that you've taken the phrase "Golden Rule" and made it into a really easy-to-picture action appealed to me. The description "rainbow of hands" also resonated powerfully... it's multi-layered phrase that works on many levels.

I really, REALLY enjoyed this journey.

It's terrific to see you again. The site is just not the same when you're not here smile

All the best!
Noel

Thank you so much Noel! I wrote the music first on this song and pages of lyrics before settling on these and keeping it simple. Than as you know, I almost drove myself batty over the mix...at one point I was ready to scrap it all. So I was happy by the grace of God I hung in there and finally just let the chips fall. I won't say the number of tracks on this song just thank God for reaper stems. blush smile I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

#478885 - 06/22/18 11:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: rsdean]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Hey Josie,

I love this! Great song and vocal... A very cool sound and vibe.

Outstanding production as well - it's got a "live" feel to it.

Bob

Thanks so much Bob!

#478920 - 06/22/18 05:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Josie

Superb! - not a style often show cased here. Really excellent in all ways.
Great composition.

Peter

#478926 - 06/22/18 06:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I agree with everything that has been said. Your mix here is very professional.

I loved this!

I think this is your best to date. You should be very proud of this one!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#478933 - 06/22/18 07:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool song Josie. Super backtrack. Infectious rhythm to it. Super vocal and lyric..

#478989 - 06/23/18 08:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Wow!

This is super. Construction wise, this sounds like a great classic old song you have heard on the radio a million times, but it is new!

Awesome!

smile

I would like to hear the vocals a tad louder though, just because I love your voice so much.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#479017 - 06/23/18 11:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Josie,
A really good song in an infectious style.So many good things going on with the vocals & harmonies - and the backing has a nice groove.
All your work shines through and I hope you`ll make more like this.

Robert

#479099 - 06/23/18 07:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: beatmaster]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Excellent song, loved the instrument choice, along with strong sounding vocals to me gave this a nice modern sound.

Thank you so much! There's a lot of new and retro mixed together in some of my fav pop songs these days so I wanted to do that too.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Carole King!!! And that’s a major compliment! Great job Josie!! Such a sweet vibe and message! Thanks, Torrey

Torrey thank you! I've loved Carole's work forever so that is a wonderful compiiment.

Edited by Sundance (06/23/18 07:45 PM)

#479105 - 06/23/18 08:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: floyd jane]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Josie,

This is really well done.

A well written "lesson song". Catchy and very "listen-able".

The arrangement and production carry the song perfectly. And nicely mixed. Really nice background vocals (and ooohs). A lot of nice "little touches". The horns work well.

The whole thing harkens back to Motown. Sounds like an early record from Diana Ross and the Supremes - a radio song.

One of your best - in all regards.

fj

I appreciate that alot FJ! If I could I'd add a little Motown to almost everything. grin I'm tryiing new things but it's still so hard to get the mix/mastering where i'd like it to be. If I could ever mix one like Bob Ohlisson I'd be happier than a little pig in a big mudhole.

#479106 - 06/23/18 08:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: HearToLearn]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Josie, that was GREAT! You've really stepped up your game. There's a lot going on in your song; and going on in the right ways. So many ways you created interest. Great use of the background vocals too!

Special kudos for changing so many things sonicly at 2:10

Great job! More please!

Thank you so much! It was a fun song to do experimenting with all the different fx and stuff in there. I'm so happy you liked it.

#479109 - 06/23/18 10:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's On Us [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Wisconsin
critter Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Wisconsin
Very cool like the licks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Forum Stats
32860 Members
68 Forums
66175 Topics
562061 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
VK3KKP, lonnydude, Dale Hamm, MikeHannigan, chemistsworld

32859 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 141