Options
Index
#480868 - 07/07/18 05:59 AM [User Showcase] Another Day - Remix
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Another Day - Remix

Until I can get the vocal recording set up here at the assisted living facility (long story - won't bore you with it), I'll be posting, mostly, instrumentals and remixes of older songs. This is a song Di and I wrote and recorded back in 2012. Unfortunately, I no longer have a copy of the RTs I used. All I had to work with was the vocal and the drums - plus the stereo mix down of everything else.

I trimmed some high EQ from the vocal and added a touch of lower-mids. I EQed the drums to get a better sound on the kick. I dropped the volume of the vocal in this remix - it was a bit hot on the original recording.

Unfortunately, I can't do much more to improve the vocal - I'm a guitar player, not a real vocalist! I sing just to annoy people I don't like - no one here. Plus, it's fun to molest the airways once in a while! Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

PS: This is one of the last songs on which I played my own guitar lead. Due to the worsening of my Focal Dystonia, I use the BIAB RT's almost exclusively now. You'll notice the lead riff is rather simple - nothing complicated or fancy.

Another Day
(c) 2012 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Bowers, BMI

(v1)
The sky went dark, the wind stood still
You left me in the shadow of
Another lover's call
You left me here, standing on the edge
But there's no place for me to fall

Pre-Chorus
What will I do, where will I go
How could I find another, when I love you so
Perhaps I never told you, I guess I thought you knew
I'd give my life, I'd give anything for you

CHORUS
Another day of dying without you
No sun no moon, no early morning dew
Another day, of forever turning blue
Without you, there ain't no way
I can go on another day

INSTRUMENTAL

Pre-Chorus
What will I do, where will I go
How could I find another, when I love you so
Perhaps I never told you, I guess I thought you knew
I'd give my life, I'd give anything for you

CHORUS
Another day of dying without you
No sun no moon, no early morning dew
Another day, of forever turning blue
Without you, there ain't no way
I can go on another day

Edited by Al-David (07/07/18 06:11 AM)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#480925 - 07/07/18 03:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Al-David, I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. Fantastic choice of instrumentation and chord progression. Great use of EFX. Nice work on the pads and rhythm too. Well done!

#480942 - 07/07/18 04:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Alan,

I enjoyed the dramatic feel of this- you have all the big ballad cues in there - the chorus melody brings to mind some of those Whitney Houston/Celine Dione hits.
Your vocal here is heartfelt and just fine and that`s a sweet guitar solo.

Robert

#480953 - 07/07/18 11:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Thanks for reposting this. I'm with Robert - this is a big, dramatic song, and the arrangement really highlights this well.

As far as I'm concerned, your voice works just fine as well. Good luck getting the vocal recording gear set up. I'm looking forward to whatever you can crank out, even if it's recycled or an instrumental. smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#480959 - 07/08/18 04:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Alan, man, what a song!

You had me hooked right from the opening chords, very powerful! And then it just kept building from there.

Good writing, that chorus especially is great.

And that guitar playing is right on the money! I'm not a big fan of guys that try and stuff too many notes into a solo, I'll always go for the guys that can express emotion with their playing, and you certainly showed that with this song, very good indeed!

Thanks for the repost, missed it the first time around. And hopefully you can get your recording issues sorted, I actually like your vocals, you have a character voice.

Excellent, definitely one of your best IMHO.

Blue Attitude Website

#481007 - 07/08/18 01:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Alan,

I agree with all that has been said already.

A good "big ballad write". Nice arrangement. Awesome guitar work!

One of your best, yes...

fj

#481024 - 07/08/18 04:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Great write! I love the arrangement, and your guitar work is very tasty. I agree, this is one of your best!

Steve

#481043 - 07/08/18 05:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Hi Al. When it come to song writing you are a real craftsman. Your tunes a always really singable if that's a words. looking forward to more. Rob

#481051 - 07/08/18 07:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Joe -PG Music]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi Al-David, I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. Fantastic choice of instrumentation and chord progression. Great use of EFX. Nice work on the pads and rhythm too. Well done!

Thanks, Joe! I appreciate those very kind words. best to you and all the PG Music staff.

Alan

#481052 - 07/08/18 07:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Robertkc]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Alan,

I enjoyed the dramatic feel of this- you have all the big ballad cues in there - the chorus melody brings to mind some of those Whitney Houston/Celine Dione hits.
Your vocal here is heartfelt and just fine and that`s a sweet guitar solo.

Robert

Robert,

Wow ... I'm not real sure what to say after all that. Ya left me speechless - and that's not easy. I hope a big and sincere "THANK YOU!" is adequate. You engaged the wrinkles on this old face with a huge smile. Again, many thanks!

Alan

#481053 - 07/08/18 07:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: BlueAttitude]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Alan, man, what a song!

You had me hooked right from the opening chords, very powerful! And then it just kept building from there.

Good writing, that chorus especially is great.

And that guitar playing is right on the money! I'm not a big fan of guys that try and stuff too many notes into a solo, I'll always go for the guys that can express emotion with their playing, and you certainly showed that with this song, very good indeed!

Thanks for the repost, missed it the first time around. And hopefully you can get your recording issues sorted, I actually like your vocals, you have a character voice.

Excellent, definitely one of your best IMHO.

Dave,

Thank you so very much! I truly appreciate all those kind words. Wish i could still play guitar as I did back then. But, life had other plans. Nonetheless, I'm happy making music as I can. AGain, thank you.

Alan

#481054 - 07/08/18 07:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: floyd jane]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

I agree with all that has been said already.

A good "big ballad write". Nice arrangement. Awesome guitar work!

One of your best, yes...

fj

Thank you, Floyd! Ah ... to be able to play like that again. But, I keep on making music the best I can. I'm more than thrilled with the "Big Ballad" assessment. That's quite a nice compliment. I appreciate the kindness you always show our music.

Alan

#481055 - 07/08/18 07:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Steve Young]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Great write! I love the arrangement, and your guitar work is very tasty. I agree, this is one of your best!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I appreciate the listen and wonderful comments. The arrangement came pretty easy - the lyric is always the hard for me. Many thanks for the very nice comments.

Alan

#481056 - 07/08/18 08:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Rob4580]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hi Al. When it come to song writing you are a real craftsman. Your tunes a always really singable if that's a words. looking forward to more. Rob

Rob,

Again, you make me smile with your wonderful comments. I hope I can continue to live up to them. Many thanks for the encouragement and appreciation for our efforts. Best to you.

Alan

#481064 - 07/09/18 02:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Alan,

This is a great ballad... Love the vocal and an excellent mix.

Well done as always!

Bob

#481070 - 07/09/18 03:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Alan

A lovely ballad and very tasty playing.
Very enjoyable.

Peter

#481112 - 07/09/18 12:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Thank you, Peter. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Many thanks for the kind words.

Alan

#481113 - 07/09/18 12:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: rsdean]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Alan,

This is a great ballad... Love the vocal and an excellent mix.

Well done as always!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you so much, Bob. Glad you liked it. It sounded kind of flat in the original version. I just perked it up a bit.Appreciate your comments!

Alan

#481494 - 07/12/18 09:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really pretty song Al!! Well written and arranged. Your vocal is pretty good but I'd love to hear a top female pop vocalist do it to give it the dramatic feel it deserves. Great job on this....love this kind of song!! Take care. Greg

#481502 - 07/12/18 10:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the kind words on the song. And I couldn't agree with you more about a strong female vocal. Di is too weak to sing and I can't think of a female vocalist, whom I know, to do this type of song. It needs a Jennifer Netles type voice, I think. Or another female vocalist with a strong pop-country voice. Someone suggested that to me right after I initially posted it and I totally concur.

I also think it could use a little more background fill - not much, though. Some relatively quiet, soft horns might work. Also, some strong 3 or 4 part harmony might be a wise choice. I can add the additional background music, but I'm stymied for a vocalist.

Many thanks! Best to you,

Alan

Edited by Al-David (07/12/18 10:58 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Forum Stats
32860 Members
68 Forums
66176 Topics
562064 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
VK3KKP, lonnydude, Dale Hamm, MikeHannigan, chemistsworld

32859 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 140