Options
Index
#480868 - 07/07/18 05:59 AM [User Showcase] Another Day - Remix
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Another Day - Remix

Until I can get the vocal recording set up here at the assisted living facility (long story - won't bore you with it), I'll be posting, mostly, instrumentals and remixes of older songs. This is a song Di and I wrote and recorded back in 2012. Unfortunately, I no longer have a copy of the RTs I used. All I had to work with was the vocal and the drums - plus the stereo mix down of everything else.

I trimmed some high EQ from the vocal and added a touch of lower-mids. I EQed the drums to get a better sound on the kick. I dropped the volume of the vocal in this remix - it was a bit hot on the original recording.

Unfortunately, I can't do much more to improve the vocal - I'm a guitar player, not a real vocalist! I sing just to annoy people I don't like - no one here. Plus, it's fun to molest the airways once in a while! Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

PS: This is one of the last songs on which I played my own guitar lead. Due to the worsening of my Focal Dystonia, I use the BIAB RT's almost exclusively now. You'll notice the lead riff is rather simple - nothing complicated or fancy.

Another Day
(c) 2012 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Bowers, BMI

(v1)
The sky went dark, the wind stood still
You left me in the shadow of
Another lover's call
You left me here, standing on the edge
But there's no place for me to fall

Pre-Chorus
What will I do, where will I go
How could I find another, when I love you so
Perhaps I never told you, I guess I thought you knew
I'd give my life, I'd give anything for you

CHORUS
Another day of dying without you
No sun no moon, no early morning dew
Another day, of forever turning blue
Without you, there ain't no way
I can go on another day

INSTRUMENTAL

Pre-Chorus
What will I do, where will I go
How could I find another, when I love you so
Perhaps I never told you, I guess I thought you knew
I'd give my life, I'd give anything for you

CHORUS
Another day of dying without you
No sun no moon, no early morning dew
Another day, of forever turning blue
Without you, there ain't no way
I can go on another day

Edited by Al-David (07/07/18 06:11 AM)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#480925 - 07/07/18 03:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Al-David, I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. Fantastic choice of instrumentation and chord progression. Great use of EFX. Nice work on the pads and rhythm too. Well done!

#480942 - 07/07/18 04:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Alan,

I enjoyed the dramatic feel of this- you have all the big ballad cues in there - the chorus melody brings to mind some of those Whitney Houston/Celine Dione hits.
Your vocal here is heartfelt and just fine and that`s a sweet guitar solo.

Robert

#480953 - 07/07/18 11:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Thanks for reposting this. I'm with Robert - this is a big, dramatic song, and the arrangement really highlights this well.

As far as I'm concerned, your voice works just fine as well. Good luck getting the vocal recording gear set up. I'm looking forward to whatever you can crank out, even if it's recycled or an instrumental. smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#480959 - 07/08/18 04:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Alan, man, what a song!

You had me hooked right from the opening chords, very powerful! And then it just kept building from there.

Good writing, that chorus especially is great.

And that guitar playing is right on the money! I'm not a big fan of guys that try and stuff too many notes into a solo, I'll always go for the guys that can express emotion with their playing, and you certainly showed that with this song, very good indeed!

Thanks for the repost, missed it the first time around. And hopefully you can get your recording issues sorted, I actually like your vocals, you have a character voice.

Excellent, definitely one of your best IMHO.

#481007 - 07/08/18 01:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Alan,

I agree with all that has been said already.

A good "big ballad write". Nice arrangement. Awesome guitar work!

One of your best, yes...

fj

#481024 - 07/08/18 04:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Great write! I love the arrangement, and your guitar work is very tasty. I agree, this is one of your best!

Steve

#481043 - 07/08/18 05:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Hi Al. When it come to song writing you are a real craftsman. Your tunes a always really singable if that's a words. looking forward to more. Rob

#481051 - 07/08/18 07:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Joe -PG Music]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi Al-David, I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. Fantastic choice of instrumentation and chord progression. Great use of EFX. Nice work on the pads and rhythm too. Well done!

Thanks, Joe! I appreciate those very kind words. best to you and all the PG Music staff.

Alan

#481052 - 07/08/18 07:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Robertkc]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Alan,

I enjoyed the dramatic feel of this- you have all the big ballad cues in there - the chorus melody brings to mind some of those Whitney Houston/Celine Dione hits.
Your vocal here is heartfelt and just fine and that`s a sweet guitar solo.

Robert

Robert,

Wow ... I'm not real sure what to say after all that. Ya left me speechless - and that's not easy. I hope a big and sincere "THANK YOU!" is adequate. You engaged the wrinkles on this old face with a huge smile. Again, many thanks!

Alan

#481053 - 07/08/18 07:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: BlueAttitude]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Alan, man, what a song!

You had me hooked right from the opening chords, very powerful! And then it just kept building from there.

Good writing, that chorus especially is great.

And that guitar playing is right on the money! I'm not a big fan of guys that try and stuff too many notes into a solo, I'll always go for the guys that can express emotion with their playing, and you certainly showed that with this song, very good indeed!

Thanks for the repost, missed it the first time around. And hopefully you can get your recording issues sorted, I actually like your vocals, you have a character voice.

Excellent, definitely one of your best IMHO.

Dave,

Thank you so very much! I truly appreciate all those kind words. Wish i could still play guitar as I did back then. But, life had other plans. Nonetheless, I'm happy making music as I can. AGain, thank you.

Alan

#481054 - 07/08/18 07:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: floyd jane]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

I agree with all that has been said already.

A good "big ballad write". Nice arrangement. Awesome guitar work!

One of your best, yes...

fj

Thank you, Floyd! Ah ... to be able to play like that again. But, I keep on making music the best I can. I'm more than thrilled with the "Big Ballad" assessment. That's quite a nice compliment. I appreciate the kindness you always show our music.

Alan

#481055 - 07/08/18 07:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Steve Young]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Great write! I love the arrangement, and your guitar work is very tasty. I agree, this is one of your best!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I appreciate the listen and wonderful comments. The arrangement came pretty easy - the lyric is always the hard for me. Many thanks for the very nice comments.

Alan

#481056 - 07/08/18 08:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Rob4580]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hi Al. When it come to song writing you are a real craftsman. Your tunes a always really singable if that's a words. looking forward to more. Rob

Rob,

Again, you make me smile with your wonderful comments. I hope I can continue to live up to them. Many thanks for the encouragement and appreciation for our efforts. Best to you.

Alan

#481064 - 07/09/18 02:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Alan,

This is a great ballad... Love the vocal and an excellent mix.

Well done as always!

Bob

#481070 - 07/09/18 03:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Alan

A lovely ballad and very tasty playing.
Very enjoyable.

Peter

#481112 - 07/09/18 12:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Thank you, Peter. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Many thanks for the kind words.

Alan

#481113 - 07/09/18 12:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: rsdean]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Alan,

This is a great ballad... Love the vocal and an excellent mix.

Well done as always!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you so much, Bob. Glad you liked it. It sounded kind of flat in the original version. I just perked it up a bit.Appreciate your comments!

Alan

#481494 - 07/12/18 09:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really pretty song Al!! Well written and arranged. Your vocal is pretty good but I'd love to hear a top female pop vocalist do it to give it the dramatic feel it deserves. Great job on this....love this kind of song!! Take care. Greg

#481502 - 07/12/18 10:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another Day - Remix [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the kind words on the song. And I couldn't agree with you more about a strong female vocal. Di is too weak to sing and I can't think of a female vocalist, whom I know, to do this type of song. It needs a Jennifer Netles type voice, I think. Or another female vocalist with a strong pop-country voice. Someone suggested that to me right after I initially posted it and I totally concur.

I also think it could use a little more background fill - not much, though. Some relatively quiet, soft horns might work. Also, some strong 3 or 4 part harmony might be a wise choice. I can add the additional background music, but I'm stymied for a vocalist.

Many thanks! Best to you,

Alan

Edited by Al-David (07/12/18 10:58 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Free Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

Update your installation of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for free today!

With the latest update, we've addressed user reported issues with using ASIO drivers, exported MIDI files, out-of-sync visual playback, Mixer volumes, and more!

If you're using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, download this free update today.

(This update also includes DAW Plugin build v.3.4.4)

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Windows is Here!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021 cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir: 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAK 10 et bien plus encore …!

Nouvelles Fonctionnalités
Band-in-a-Box® et RealBand 2021: Tous Packages

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Reviews!

Head to www.gearsltuz.com for the latest Band-in-a-Box® reviews by Sound-Guy and CoolGuitarGear!

Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve into an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians. You can produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. As it has been for years, it’s an amazing program.
-Sound-Guy

From my perspective, as a long-time user of BIAB, the above improvements, changes and additions definitely take the program to the next step. The new elements and audio upgrading are fantastic and I’m even more excited to work with this version than some others in the past.
-CoolGuitarGear

How To Quickly Adjust Your Chord Sheet Size

Did you know you can quickly adjust the size of your chord sheet in Band-in-a-Box® by holding CTRL while scrolling with the mouse scroll wheel?

How handy!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Windows® ist hier!
Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - New Intro Options!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro!

Within Band-in-a-Box, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available:
-All Instruments
-Drums only
-Bass and Drums
-NEW! Bass only
-NEW! Bass then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Drums then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Piano Only
-NEW! Guitar Only
-NEW! Strings Only
-NEW! Custom - you pick!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Update Available!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to enhance Big Sur and M1 capabilities, improve the notation window, resolve AIFF rendering errors, as well as addressing a few other user-reported issues.

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac? Update for free today.

Forum Stats
34009 Members
67 Forums
68463 Topics
586936 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Dean-O, jll79, SunsetPoet, Ersol55, S.B. Greer

34009 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 181
dcuny 180