You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#484374 - 08/02/18 01:46 PM [User Showcase] Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song)
Loc: Florida
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Hey y'all, I haven't been around much lately as I've been dabbling into creating EDM style music lately. I have found BIAB to be a good tool in the creation of these pieces though. It helps add an organic feel by mixing in some realtracks with the synths and loops. Here is my latest creation.

Anybody

I started out with a basic drum and bass drum loop from Loopcloud on this. I then added acoustic guitar using BIAB to make an 8 bar loop plus a bridge section and ending. I then started layering in synths to fill out the sound and decided to use BIAB to create the bass line as well. After recording vocals and lots of mixing I got the final product you hear now. I really liked combining all of these different tools to create something modern sounding yet still organic thanks to BIAB realtracks. At least for the moment I think this is my new go to equation for creating EDM and pop style music.

Realtracks:
692:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
1254:Bass' Electric, PopShiningSync Ev 120

Lyrics:
I could have any body
I could have anybody
But I choose you

She says she loves me
She only wants to be with me
She tells me all the time
She drives the boys insane
They all know her name
Got them waiting in a line

She says

I could have any body
Yeah I could have anybody
But I choose you

She’s way out of my league
I don’t know why she’s with me
No she’s not your average [*****]
There’s something bout her
I really can’t explain it
Keeps me always wanting more

She says

I could have any body
I could have anybody
But I choose you

I’m always waiting for the day
When she will turn and walk away.

I could have any body
I could have anybody
But I choose you

www.sammycountry.com

#484378 - 08/02/18 02:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hello Samuel,

I enjoyed this a lot. Comes across to me as a mix of Jazz-Rock & EDM. I wouldn't have thought of putting the two together but it works great on this - nice creativity.

I particularly liked the break at 2:25 and then the vocal effects later in the song. Nice tracks, mix and vocal. It was a refreshing sound to hear on the boards - I'm all for experimenting and seeing what shows up. Good job.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#484384 - 08/02/18 03:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
This song had a super cool vibe to it (further enhanced by the album art methinks, even though that sounds really silly; very fitting). Really great stuff. smile

#484406 - 08/02/18 05:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Sammy,

Nice song and well done. Two small suggestions if I may.

I like the deep bass sound but I think it fits better if the deep bass begins at the beginning of the song. I'm not suggesting to use it through 100% of the song but I felt deprived of it until it finally played.

The delay works but there are times when the echo of the previous lyric overlaps the beginning of the current lyric.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#484411 - 08/02/18 05:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

I think this is dope.

I like the experimentation and the choices that were made.

Instead of feeling derivative, it felt really creative. I didn't know what was coming and I really respect that.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#484441 - 08/03/18 01:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Good to have you back posting again. I thought this was a quite creative arrangement. Enjoyed my listen.

#484445 - 08/03/18 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Wow, very creative! First of all it is a very good song. But those other elements you added really kicked it up a notch!

Very cool indeed, enjoyed it from start to finish. Well done!

Blue Attitude Website

#484462 - 08/03/18 06:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Not what we listen to but I know from noodling around the libraries that there are tons of requests for this style.

It kicks on our monitors...great mix...at least from my limited knowledge base.

We admire you ability to venture out!

J&B

#484491 - 08/03/18 09:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
WOW, quite a departure for you Samuel!! It is really catchy and creative. The groove really is infectious! Nice job!! Take care. Greg

#484496 - 08/03/18 09:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Really nice work on this Samuel smile A very unexpected departure from your usual style, but I think you pulled it off really well. Very, very unique and simultaneously catchy. One of the most abstract sounding ear worms I've heard in a while.

Great job - thanks for sharing!

#484504 - 08/03/18 10:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

I enjoyed the creativity that comes through on this - good song too.
Some real double-take moments on the effects and your vocals are always strong.
Interesting places you are going with EDM & BiaB combinations.

Robert

#484506 - 08/03/18 10:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
This is much more interesting than most of the EDM stuff played nowadays. Catchy and tight groove with nice 90's feel. Very good use of BIAB and loops. Excellent mix.

Janne

#484527 - 08/03/18 12:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
I hadn't thought of creating loops with BiaB, but that worked really well.

Nice effects, and catchy!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#484548 - 08/03/18 04:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Samuel

Very clever and novel use of BB and a very fine song and vocal.
Excellent composition.

Peter

#484561 - 08/03/18 08:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Thanks everyone for listening and you feedback. I really appreciate it. I definitely liked working with BIAB in this way and plan to do it more in future songs. I have some other creative ideas to morph realtracks into something new and different sounding also. BIAB really is a great tool and can be used in so many different ways. The only limit is your imagination. Go forth and create.

www.sammycountry.com

#484580 - 08/04/18 03:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
It's a good sound though there are some hard edges/esses on the beginning of syllables which probably come from the compressor pumping hard and triggering the reverb high end.
You've done a cool job but the lyrics really bothered me - the hubris in general and then the use of [*****] which doesn't match the general storyline/character development and is, to me, gratuitous.
I think this just marks me out as old &/or perhaps a little too PC.
You're the artist and if it's what you are after then go with it.

Edited by rayc (08/04/18 05:59 PM)
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#484638 - 08/04/18 03:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Well... this is something completely different and.... we like it very much, although we are not really great fans of EDM!
Good vocals and lyrics.
This is very catchy!

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#484644 - 08/04/18 03:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) [Re: Samuel Davis]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

This was absolutely Brilliant, rhythm n bass style, lyrics we are all singing it after one listen on the radio.

Now Imagine a product having this in an advert.

Great mix
Sounded great to me.

Great stuff.

Edited by beatmaster (08/04/18 03:52 PM)
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32847 Members
68 Forums
66157 Topics
561801 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
live the dream, ROCQK, faturner, AveryT, Hans Franz 12

32847 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 170
VideoTrack 150