Options
Index
#485895 - 08/14/18 09:12 PM [User Showcase] Prayer to the World
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Hi, all:

Here's something somewhat new. Actually, a first for me in that this is entirely a BIAB production with me not playing a single instrument. I'm trying to not feel guilty about that. smile Anyway, hope it's worth the listen, and, as always, feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Prayer to the World

We keep moving sideways
down all these highways
searching for someplace to be.
Through all our travels
we’ve been scarred by our battles—
maybe it’s time we made our peace.

We’ve gotta open our arms
to the light of the living
or let what’s dying die.
Don’t be alarmed by
by our doubts and our misgivings—
it’s so easy, love, to never try.

We’ve gotta set our sights
on the light shining over
all these mad things we do.
You say you’ve got your demons,
well, I’ve got demons too—

Say a prayer to the world
there’s a chance for forgiveness;
a prayer to the world,
there’s some light still within us;
a prayer to the world,
there’s still hope of love for me and you.

We drove through the tension,
while every sense of connection,
just scattered like leaves in the wind.
We found comfort in strangers
well aware of the danger
of losing ourselves in the end.

We’ve got to open our eyes
to the price of commitment
and make a choice to choose.
Don’t be surprised by the
strength of our resistance to it—
it’s harder, love, to win than lose.

We oughta to set our sights
You say you’ve got your reasons,
well, I’ve got reasons too—

there’s a chance for forgiveness,
a prayer to the world,
there’s some light still within us,
a prayer to the world,

Let’s walk on out
from this weight on our shoulders.
Let’s figure out
how a good love can bloom.

We’ve got to set our sights
You say you’ve got your demons,
well, I’ve got demons too—

there’s a chance for forgiveness,
a prayer to the world,
there’s some light still within us,
a prayer to the world,

(c)2018 DJ Lekich

BIAB Tracks:

Drums: NashvilleSwing 16’4—Hihat, Snare
Bass: Real 2915, Electric CountryPop Byron 12-key EV 085
Bass with Drum: Real 366, Electric, Country EV 065
Guitar: Real 625, Acoustic, Strumming Rascal Sw 075
Piano: Real 2825, Acoustic, Rhythm, Country Pop Mike 12-key EV 085
Pedal Steel: Real 2883, Background Country Eddy 12-key EV 085
Fiddle: Real 624, Soloist George Ev 085

#485907 - 08/14/18 11:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
DJ,

First, I feel there's no guilt required or expected for going all in with the BIAB tracks for all the background tracks. I've been a lead guitarist for over 50 years and I often use all
BIAB tracks, for a number of reasons. By all means, few, if any, on these forums will fault you for doing so. We just like to hear good music, like this, via BIAB tracks to whatever extent.

Great song! Your voice is passionate and carries the load quite nicely. You might, perhaps, consider taking a little high EQ off the vocal if you get a chance - just a touch.

The backing tracks worked real nicely. Good job with all that. Enjoyed your song a lot. Wishing you the very best.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#485921 - 08/15/18 12:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Deej

Great song! Very nice and catchy melody!
Your vocal has a great passion.
I think your voice pulls listeners into emotional whirlpools.
As Alan says, I also think that you do not need to feel any guilty about not playing instruments.
I am also using only BIAB (sometimes with some vst instruments) to produce my songs.
Although I play the piano and the guitar a little bit, it is because my skills do not reach the level that can endure the recording very much.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#485927 - 08/15/18 01:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
DJ,

Wow!

That was such a wonderful, wonderful journey in music. I love the chords you've chose, the lyrics are outstanding, and your singing resonates with power and passion and purpose.

As Alan and Shigeki Adachi have said, don't be hard on yourself regarding BIAB instrumentalists. It's been years since I last added anything live to my recordings (apart from vocals). The musicians that PG Music assemble are top notch and way more capable than I am these days.

Like Shigeki Adachi, when I want to add my own music performance I usually do that via MIDI and VST instruments. Even then I use either notation or piano roll editor.

All the best,
Noel

#485930 - 08/15/18 01:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Noel96]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Oh my goodness. This is absolutely extraordinary, and I promise you I don't use words lightly. Everything about it ... the writing, the singing (you have that special something in your voice which communicates to other people - not many have that) and the lyrics!!! Thank you so much for sharing this - THIS is the way I'd like to write (and what I'd like to say through my writings) if I ever could write like this.

P.S. had tears in my eyes when listening.

Edited by musician17 (08/15/18 01:53 AM)

#485933 - 08/15/18 03:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Traveling. Now in New Zealand.
EMG Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Traveling. Now in New Zealand.
Amazing progression, great singing, A lot of feelings. Great.

#485948 - 08/15/18 06:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
This is a really good song. Super vocal. Excellent backtrack. Cool thing about using BIAB and you can mix and match real tracks with your own instruments. If you play multiple instruments and you have a great voice so lots of tools to make some incredible music..

#485987 - 08/15/18 12:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Deej,

An excellent write. Terrific vocal - draws the listener in throughout.

The piano/steel opening is nice - great way to start the song.

Nice arrangement. Good mix.

Nice.

fj

#485990 - 08/15/18 12:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
As we often say that lyric and performance will "melt the paint right off of your heart."

Soul and passion. That's our ticket to songs of about any genre.

Strong production here too.

Nice!!!

J&B

#486026 - 08/15/18 05:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As we often say that lyric and performance will "melt the paint right off of your heart."

Nice!!!

J&B

Never heard that quote but it nails it!! This is so well done.....so well written, and the vocal is amazingly passionate! Love the arrangement.....just what the song needed. This is a gem!! Take care. Greg

#486030 - 08/15/18 05:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Nice!!!

J&B

Never heard that quote but it nails it!! This is so well done.....so well written, and the vocal is amazingly passionate! Love the arrangement.....just what the song needed. This is a gem!! Take care. Greg

Same here! Your vocal is outstanding. The backing tracks are perfect for this song. But it was your lyrics that took it over the top for me.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#486130 - 08/16/18 08:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I do not think there is anything here to feel guilty about! You did a fantastic job with this song and should be proud, not feeling guilty. Awesome job! Loved what you did with the arrangement. Thanks for sharing!

#486155 - 08/16/18 12:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Alabama
cliftond Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Alabama
This is a great song!!! I love this style, and the truth in lyrics you have written!!

Cliff

#486392 - 08/18/18 01:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
The powerful lyrics really carry this song. And the nice BIAB band and your heartfelt vocals really support the message wonderfully.

Janne

#486469 - 08/18/18 01:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
DJ,

This is a wonderful song!
Your vocals sound very special.
Good lyrics.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#486701 - 08/19/18 05:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Al-David, animarorecords, Noel, musician17, EMG, Scott C, Floyd, J&B, Greg, Mario, Ember, cliftond, jannesan; and RnAM:

Thank you all for stopping in and giving this a listen--and for your kind comments and support. I'm glad you all enjoyed the listen. All the best to each of you!

Al-David, anicarorecords, Noel, Ember:

I was mostly kidding about feeling guilty. I’m really pleased with how this came out; it’s a piano song, and I don’t play piano. So there’s no way I could have put it together without relying solely on BIAB. And, sadly, I’m not much of a guitar player either. But that said, it feels a little weird to put something out there, wrongly or rightly, that I didn’t play on. No worries, though—I’ll get over it! And BIAB is truly amazing in that regard.

Noel: I don’t quite get what you mean by use of MIDI and VST instruments, our notation and piano roll editor. I’m just a newbie, so that terminology is way beyond me at this point. But I’ll keep it in mind as I play around more. Thanks.

J&B: Usually the only time my singing melts the paint right off is near midnight after a bottle of wine (and perhaps a bit more)—trust me, it’s not pretty! Thanks for the very kind comments and support.

#486781 - 08/20/18 08:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Really well done DJ - no need to feel guilty! Band-in-a-Box is just another tool at your disposal, and you did a fantastic job with this one. I love your vocals here. They sound so raw and emotional - I really enjoyed them. Really nice and poetic lyrics too. It really helped the entire thing flow wonderfully.

Thanks for sharing smile

#486808 - 08/20/18 11:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Excellent song, and your vocals are what really sells it.

The backing instruments seem low in the mix - the first time I heard the fiddle, I thought it was a second slide guitar until I went back and had another listen.

In my defense, I was paying attention to your vocal. wink

At 3:30, I was wondering what you'd do to make it worth the "extra" 90 seconds of the song. The answer was obviously the bridge and the kick drum. Yep, that paid off all right.

Hrm... no one else seems to have any issue with the mix, so take that with a grain of salt.

Again, excellent work.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#486921 - 08/20/18 05:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Deej,

This is really awesome. When I first heard it playing, I was like OMG, Mick Jagger has a new solo about out!

It totally held up that way all the way through. A very strong, write with a strong personality to back it up.

Great production, great mix, great lyrics, great vocals, great performance.

Loved everything about it.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#487022 - 08/21/18 04:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Prayer to the World [Re: Deej56]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Great write, lyrics excellent as is the vocals, Nice tracks you choose.

What I am going to say now is constructive criticism, I heard in your voice in numerous occasions, that you could / should have went for a higher key.

You defo could have handled it, I have done this in the past myself, although the comments in the above posts, should give you the confidence for your next song and with that in mind ?.

I heard Chris Norman the lead singer for Smokie.
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32846 Members
68 Forums
66147 Topics
561644 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
AveryT, Hans Franz 12, Marik, midisynth, uhv14437@cuoly.c

32845 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 154