#492049 09/20/18 05:37 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
https://soundcloud.com/lawrence-olivier/back-in-my-babys-arms

Realtracks: 386:Bass, Electric, Blues Chuck Sw 102
RealTracks in style: ~~674:Organ, B3, Background Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 2624:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm BluesShuffleBassAndLicks Sw 085
RealTracks in song: 1000:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzyHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2048:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment CountrySwingJohn Sw 120
RealTracks in song: ~383:Guitar, Slide, Soloist Blues Sw 120
RealDrums in style: BluesRockShuffle^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Open HiHat

Back In My Baby’s Arms (8/26/2018)

Don’t let life drive you crazy/ ‘cause somedays it can be downright easy/ I didn’t know just how good I had it all along
It was time to get demanding/ and my fate I had more than a hand in/ So When I hit rock bottom it was time to change my song
And I found myself back in my Baby’s arms

I knocked upon my front door/ It’s good to be home once more/ I brought along some coin to pay the rent
A worn bag ‘cross my shoulder/ Hello is all I told her/ She said good luck is surely heaven sent

I buried my past with a shovel/ as you stood there crying double/ and I filled in every inch of that gnarly hole
I once heard it call me/ I still don’t know how it knew me/ That wanderlust, well I had to let it go

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
So cool it's hot. So hot it's smoking.
Nicotine and whiskey and a hand full of gravel to make a voice that smoothly rough.
Yeah, i liked it.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man, you have the perfect voice for blues/rock!

Great job on the production, mix sounds fabulous through the 'phones.

Loved everything about this, I could listen to music like this all day smile

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
It was like an Eric Clapton song to me , you done a good job on this.

Interesting use of the guitars.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really well done! I love the groove, and your rough vocal delivery adds a ton of texture and emotion to it. I love the attitude of the song, and that catchy chorus on it too. Somehow you managed to make it sound equally as dirty as it is smooth and pleasant.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I really like this! Your lyrical hook has a good melodic hook. cool Excellent mix. Everything sounds right on.

User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Wow... you for sure have the "blues-voice" - I really enjoyed listening to this.

Good job!

Will

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Ditto other comments on the qualities of the vocals. Loved the driving backing, and the lead guitar was right.

One comment on the vocals...you have a great knack for knowing where to hang your syllables. "Phrasing" I think they call it. I don't think can be be taught--at least not easily. Hats off, sir.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lawrence,

Awesome track. A terrific Blues/Rock write.

The extra delay on the slide was a great touch - really brought it to life.

Needless to say, the vocal is top shelf.

Enjoyed! for sure.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The two of us have often mentioned how well we felt that you could sing blues in addition to your Americana catalog - were you to choose to do so.

Well mr gruve you have DONE it and in spades.

As you know we do a lot of blues and, man, this is over the top good. The choice of RT's, including mixing ev and sw tracks just rocks. Everything is in the pocket.

The arrangment, the mix and, of course the vocal, are all top bar.

We're heading out on a short trip tomorrow and this will be FUN to listen to on the road.

Great material!!!!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: rayc
So cool it's hot. So hot it's smoking.
Nicotine and whiskey and a hand full of gravel to make a voice that smoothly rough.
Yeah, i liked it.
Thank you very much Ray. You've got it pretty close except that I've had to switch to Vodka in my middle age. (That whiskey was giving me the blues!)

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, you have the perfect voice for blues/rock!

Great job on the production, mix sounds fabulous through the 'phones.

Loved everything about this, I could listen to music like this all day smile
Thank you! You rock some great blues yourself! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
It was like an Eric Clapton song to me , you done a good job on this.

Interesting use of the guitars.
Well, Eric is the man! Thank you.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really well done! I love the groove, and your rough vocal delivery adds a ton of texture and emotion to it. I love the attitude of the song, and that catchy chorus on it too. Somehow you managed to make it sound equally as dirty as it is smooth and pleasant.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile
Thank you so much. It's good to hear that the attitude is coming through.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I really like this! Your lyrical hook has a good melodic hook. cool Excellent mix. Everything sounds right on.
Right on. Thank you for listening and for the kind comments.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Wow... you for sure have the "blues-voice" - I really enjoyed listening to this.

Good job!

Will
Thank you Will. Glad you enjoyed it.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Ditto other comments on the qualities of the vocals. Loved the driving backing, and the lead guitar was right.

One comment on the vocals...you have a great knack for knowing where to hang your syllables. "Phrasing" I think they call it. I don't think can be be taught--at least not easily. Hats off, sir.
Thank you very much. I grew up in New Orleans listening to Jazz and Professor Long Hair, Mardi Gras music and the Funky Meters, so maybe some of it rubbed off.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Lawrence,

Awesome track. A terrific Blues/Rock write.

The extra delay on the slide was a great touch - really brought it to life.

Needless to say, the vocal is top shelf.

Enjoyed! for sure.

fj
Thank you Floyd. You have a good ear. After I thought the mix was done, I went back in and turned that delay up to where it is now.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
The two of us have often mentioned how well we felt that you could sing blues in addition to your Americana catalog - were you to choose to do so.

Well mr gruve you have DONE it and in spades.

As you know we do a lot of blues and, man, this is over the top good. The choice of RT's, including mixing ev and sw tracks just rocks. Everything is in the pocket.

The arrangment, the mix and, of course the vocal, are all top bar.

We're heading out on a short trip tomorrow and this will be FUN to listen to on the road.

Great material!!!!

J&B

Thank you! So glad you liked it. And have a great trip!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is pretty darn good Lawrence!! Your vocal fits this so nicely! This is like something off of an early ZZ Top album (vocal really reminds of Billy Gibbons). Great work!! Thanks, Torrey

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195