Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
beatmaster #497277 10/23/18 03:09 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Floyd

This is a great song some have said best/ favourite Etc.

To me this stands on its own as it should.

One of the posts above mentioned the liking /opposite to Greg and his song Sutherland Road, although both are of the same style and structure Both shine in their own rights.

Enjoyed this Thanks.

P.S. PUT ME IN MIND OF Leo Sayer and orchard road.

Thanks, beatmaster. The themes of "going back home" and "things have certainly changed" are, needless to say, very popular songwriting themes. It is interesting to see the different songs that something like this bring to mind in each listener's listening history...

44kfl #497512 10/24/18 10:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Super write,

the excellent harmonies just make this so smooth

and nice to listen to

the level of mix and musicianship is top notch

and that consistently great voice

all make for a beautiful song

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny. (you've been knocking it out of the park lately...)

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, floyd

Beautiful song!
I feel the essence of country in this tune.
Despite English lyrics, the story comes into my mind without difficulty.
I think that it is because of your powerful vocal.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - I appreciate that. Thanks for your continued support...

David Snyder #497805 10/26/18 12:53 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Congratulations Floyd,

This may be your most cinematic song yet, and it is definitely my favorite vocal of yours. So warm and authentic--truly winsome.

It's like miniature movie, this song.

I wonder what genre you would call this (or any number of your tunes.)

They don't sound "country" to me, more like Dan Folgelberg in the "storyteller" genre, which the Eagles did very well, as did Jim Croce.

If you had to put a genre on this (other than the Floyd genius genre) how would you define it?

Great job on this man.

Mr. Snyder... thanks for the nice comments... genre? don't know.... I grew up listening mainly to singer-songwriter-storytellers - is that a "genre"... let's say "sure!" smile

floyd jane #497836 10/26/18 04:49 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A first class song Floyd. I love the arc of the story. Your vocal delivery, technically and emotionally, is spot on as usual. Nicely engineered and mixed. Congratulations on another winner.
cool smile

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
Torrey Bliss #497878 10/26/18 09:28 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: guitar1
You just proved again that Thomas Wolfe was right. You can't go home again. Well done, and well written.

Thanks for having a listen, Gary...

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
More wonderful storytelling by Mr FJ!! Floyd you are a master at doing these type songs! Thoroughly good in every way! Thanks, T

Thanks, Torrey...

Janice & Bud #497931 10/26/18 02:21 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Janice’s immediate comments:

“What a passionate and soulful vocal.”
“The melody is mesmerizing.”
“That’s perfect piano.”
“The imagery would make an incredible video.”
“ It reminds me of Glen Campbell.”

Bud says, “ditto” and adds:

The clarity and overall sound of both your vocal and the piano are outstanding.
The lyric makes me contemplate over and over about what makes a great write like this. A wonderful combo of nature and nurture I think.

Sublime and poignant.

J&B

What a truly nice review. Thanks for noting the production and the write - both of which are focal points for me....

gruverider #497933 10/26/18 02:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
"what a pleasant surprise to find beacon drive
after all these years somehow survived
tears of joy well up inside
for the town she once called home"

Great writing. And I love the name of her street!

Great intro and pacing throughout the arrangement.

And your vocals and harmonies are outstanding

Well done!

Thanks Lawrence. Good eye on catching "beacon drive"... a real "buried songwriting clue" that typically only writers who really pay attention catch.

rsdean #497987 10/27/18 01:58 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Floyd,

We recognize the situation!
When you go back to future places and times, it comes down to a disappointment most of the times.
Very good lyrics... as are the music and your vocals.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Glad y'all came by for a listen....

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
wow Floyd this is a great production so well done eric

Eric - thanks for stopping by...

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

I love this... Beautiful and touching. Great vocal and production as well.

Some very cool lines in this song:

"a lazy downtown all replaced
by high-rises and a hectic pace
everywhere she turned another stranger’s face
in the town she once called home"

Outstanding stuff!

Bob

Thanks, Bob - always nice to have a real "lyric guy" quote some lyrics... (you've been killing it lately!!)

Skyline #498039 10/27/18 07:41 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Terrific lyrics on this one—love the rhyme scheme and pacing, accentuated by the great vocal delivery. Nice job on those background vocals starting that second verse. Great theme on this one, too. We’ve all been there, going back to a beloved spot and seeing how it’s changed, how affecting that can be. And yet it’s still that same place. Well captured here. Great tune—enjoyed listening to this one.

Hope all is well in your world.

Regards,

Deej

Deej - good to see you stop back around. Thanks for the nice review...

Originally Posted By: Skyline
A first class song Floyd. I love the arc of the story. Your vocal delivery, technically and emotionally, is spot on as usual. Nicely engineered and mixed. Congratulations on another winner.
cool smile

John

Thanks, John. Hope this means we will be hearing another from you soon???

floyd jane #498111 10/27/18 04:09 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Boy what a lovely song Floyd. I just about missed this song. I have not had much time on the forum lately. The song sure move around fast. Just loved the backtrack. Such a cool rhythm to it. Complements such a beautiful vocal and lyric. Well done Floyd

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
floyd jane #605016 07/03/20 12:01 PM
User Showcase
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Hi Floyd,

I hope you don't mind me digging this out of your closet...

I have been checking out a lot of your songs...

What a journey, everything from hocking kids at pawn shops to touching and poignant tunes like this.

It just really touched me as someone who left and could never find that way back home...

Your vocals, lyrics and music captured this theme perfectly.

Last edited by Bawb; 07/03/20 01:05 PM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195