Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#497443 - 10/24/18 05:49 AM [User Showcase] To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style)
Loc: Montréal Quebec Canada
LPman Offline
Journeyman

To World

Hi all,
I been really busy, I'm not a big fan of Vocoloid vocal effects: except for on-the-fly improv. Which this is:

BIAB 2018 - _LONESON.STY
Vocals - me on phone tablet (using free Voloco app)

Lyrics:
-------------

If I open my eyes here
I don't see you anymore.
And maybe if I was softer
with my so sorry

I am not what I used to be anymore....
Don't turn...

If you ever saw me... yeah...yeah...yeah
If you ever saw me...

In the town.
Where I grew up.
It's now gone
It's now gone
No more memories

If you see where I have been
You know why, I sometimes seem a bit harsh.
to world...

I don't believe...
I don't believe...
I can do this anymore.

But I'll try... for you ... yeah
One more time ... Oh yeah
I'll try one more time...
For you.

Edited by LPman (10/25/18 04:08 AM)
Edit Reason: lyrics modified

#497462 - 10/24/18 07:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: LPman]
Deryk - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Nice work on this smile The vocaloid sounds really crisp, and I like the progressions as well. The stripped down nature of the tune worked really well. A great groove, and nicely catchy as well. Thanks for sharing!

#497478 - 10/24/18 08:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Tangmo Offline
Journeyman

Not at all what I was expecting to hear. This carried me away. Beautiful work.

The vocal processing was an effective and artful production choice even if it was an improv. I could definitely hear this as an S&G album cut.

Loved it.
BIAB 2018 Audiophile. Windows 10. Former user of old version. Prefer creating while learning over learning before creating. Passable, intermediate level acoustic rhythm guitar player. Songwriter, lyricist, composer loving all styles.

#497488 - 10/24/18 10:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: LPman]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

I like the melody and spare arrangement.
Using the vocaloid is an interesting way to demo your ideas.
I could hear it working as an effect on the chorus if you rework the song... which to my ears is strong enough to deserve a more real sounding vocal.

Robert

#497507 - 10/24/18 01:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: LPman]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Interesting experiment. The vocoder is pretty lo-fi. I suspect that you'd get a better effect layering it with the unprocessed vocals, for a "best to both worlds" result.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#497529 - 10/24/18 03:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nice work on this smile The vocaloid sounds really crisp, and I like the progressions as well. The stripped down nature of the tune worked really well. A great groove, and nicely catchy as well. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Deryk -PG Music
The song is originally; "Imagine" by John Lennon, which I saved in all 12 keys. Then Played the Notes A-B-D-F#-G through the whole song. Check To World.MGX

From the Keys C:D:E:G:A:B ---- I chose the best offset chords that played well with my added A-B-D-F#-G notes. I really went over board with chord substitution theory.

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Not at all what I was expecting to hear. This carried me away. Beautiful work.

The vocal processing was an effective and artful production choice even if it was an improv. I could definitely hear this as an S&G album cut.

Loved it.

Thanks Tangmo so much, I appreciate your support!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
I like the melody and spare arrangement.
Using the vocaloid is an interesting way to demo your ideas.
I could hear it working as an effect on the chorus if you rework the song... which to my ears is strong enough to deserve a more real sounding vocal.

Robert

Thanks Robert for your comment. I Find listening to this song on a stereo is so much better. My room is so noisy now, and my phone tablet mic is very low fidelity. I left an original BackTrack and source To World.MGX... which can be sung in any key... if someone wants to try some vocals on it. Link below @ Creative Commons: Tethered 2018

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Interesting experiment. The vocoder is pretty lo-fi. I suspect that you'd get a better effect layering it with the unprocessed vocals, for a "best to both worlds" result.

I couldn't agree with you more dcuny, unfortunately the Voloco app doesn't leave a clean version of the vocals or a project to save.

#497534 - 10/24/18 03:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: LPman]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Virginia USA
I too like the spare instrumentation. I agree with Robert that the melody is strong enough and pleasing enough to add some of your unprocessed vocals. Nice mellow feel to the song.

#497555 - 10/24/18 05:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I too like the spare instrumentation. I agree with Robert that the melody is strong enough and pleasing enough to add some of your unprocessed vocals. Nice mellow feel to the song.

Thanks Ezekiel's Storm... There are some recording studio's on my block.. Was hoping for a collaboration ...first... Having the voice engineered is a must... agree... just wasn't sure my song is up to par.

It's a funny delay-lagged-dance, singng on the Voloco app with the tablet. Your stuck in this dynamic reaction of hearing yourself differently... while you sing what comes to mind...

Not sure if I can give the re-vocals justice... something new for me to ponder about. Thanks for your vote; for the hope of this song

#497560 - 10/24/18 06:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: LPman]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
I really enjoyed this. That vocaloid is a very interesting item in the tool box. Well done

#497586 - 10/24/18 07:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: LPman]
Deej56 Offline
Apprentice

Hi, LPman,

I think the Vocoloid has some nice effects; but the vocal also seems a bit too muted to me. Thing is, this is a beautiful song—and it’s a personal, subjective thing, so take it with a grain of salt—I think the mood, feel, chord changes and all are strong enough that a less stylized version would kill. It may be “on the fly improv” but you have something here, IMHO. Lose or use, as they say. Just my two very devalued cents.

All the best to you,

Deej

#497603 - 10/25/18 12:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: Scott C]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Scott C
I really enjoyed this. That vocaloid is a very interesting item in the tool box. Well done

Thanks Scott, glad you enjoyed the song.... I'm hoping my progressions will get easier to sing... again thanks for listening.

#497604 - 10/25/18 12:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: Deej56]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Hi, LPman,

I think the Vocoloid has some nice effects; but the vocal also seems a bit too muted to me. Thing is, this is a beautiful song—and it’s a personal, subjective thing, so take it with a grain of salt—I think the mood, feel, chord changes and all are strong enough that a less stylized version would kill. It may be “on the fly improv” but you have something here, IMHO. Lose or use, as they say. Just my two very devalued cents.

All the best to you,

Deej

Thanks Dee..... You summed it up well, your devalued cents.... has value! Thanks so much!

#497615 - 10/25/18 01:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: LPman]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
Hello, LPman...

Well, with such a heart-sinkingly lonesome, but gorgeously chorded guitar solo as you presented in your song, "To World", you could have sung it straight and still commanded my rapt attention. The mood is troubled, and yet, here and there, I sensed a reaching out for hope(?)

Nonetheless, the vocal effect you applied added a muffled, claustrophobic feel, as though you were trapped behind a wall of feelings so thick as to be nearly impenetrable, that could scarcely be projected strongly enough to be heard. That was kind'a scary, actually.

An interesting experiment in mood and music, this is, with flashes of dark emotion that are briefly powerful in their own way.

Intrigued and strangely affected,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

#497623 - 10/25/18 04:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: bluage]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: bluage
Hello, LPman...

Well, with such a heart-sinkingly lonesome, but gorgeously chorded guitar solo as you presented in your song, "To World", you could have sung it straight and still commanded my rapt attention. The mood is troubled, and yet, here and there, I sensed a reaching out for hope(?)

Nonetheless, the vocal effect you applied added a muffled, claustrophobic feel, as though you were trapped behind a wall of feelings so thick as to be nearly impenetrable, that could scarcely be projected strongly enough to be heard. That was kind'a scary, actually.

An interesting experiment in mood and music, this is, with flashes of dark emotion that are briefly powerful in their own way.

Intrigued and strangely affected,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

LOREN no buddy but, no buddy ; writes a review like YOU!

#497639 - 10/25/18 06:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: LPman]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Online   content
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I’m going to agree with a lot of the comments on your composition… I think it deserves a clean, intimate vocal track… Vocaloid is interesting, but doesn’t deliver for your heartfelt lyric and I think overall it would be so much better with the direct, close-up, stereo vocal. Very good material, however!

#497641 - 10/25/18 06:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: LPman]
Deryk - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: LPman

Hi Deryk -PG Music
The song is originally; "Imagine" by John Lennon, which I saved in all 12 keys. Then Played the Notes A-B-D-F#-G through the whole song. Check To World.MGX

What! I absolutely couldn't tell. I listened again, and still could barely tell unless I really listened for it. I'm even more impressed smile

#497716 - 10/25/18 01:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: Tano Music]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Tano Music
I’m going to agree with a lot of the comments on your composition… I think it deserves a clean, intimate vocal track… Vocaloid is interesting, but doesn’t deliver for your heartfelt lyric and I think overall it would be so much better with the direct, close-up, stereo vocal. Very good material, however!

Thank-you Tano Music,
Yup.... Voloco app gave me the real-time; thinking space to sing unfolding lyrics.... However the Voloco app is a toy. But the song wouldn't have happened for me, without this tool. Thanks for your support and understanding.

#497720 - 10/25/18 02:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: LPman

Hi Deryk -PG Music

What! I absolutely couldn't tell. I listened again, and still could barely tell unless I really listened for it. I'm even more impressed smile

Yes, Deryk my song "To World" is a direct "fractal progression"
from the song "imagine" by john Lennon. This is a big mad scientist discovery moment for me! That works with BIAB

#497726 - 10/25/18 03:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: LPman]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

This is beautiful. I really enjoyed it!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#497753 - 10/25/18 07:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: To World ( Simon & Garfunkel style) [Re: David Snyder]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is beautiful. I really enjoyed it!

Thanks very much David Snyder!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Article: The History of Play-A-Long (and More)

We came across this JazzTimes article, published today, called The History of Play-A-Long (and More), which highlights how technology has "blown the options for interaction music education wide open" in the last 50 years - and they mention Band-in-a-Box®!

Check it out! Click here to read...

Band-in-a-Box® - Freezing Tracks

Like what you hear in Band-in-a-Box®? Make sure to Freeze the track(s) or song! Once frozen, it won't be regeneraged or change when you play it again - and your choice isn't final, since you can unfreeze them just as easily:
-press the blue snowflake button within the track name of the mixer window
-press the blue snowflake button within the expanded toolbar of the program (Ctrl + T will swap between the two toolbar views), and select the track(s)

Note: If you want to force Band-in-a-Box® to generate tracks without adjusting the Freeze settings, hold down the Shift key as you press the [Generate and Play] button (the fly-by hint will remind you of that) or choose the menu command Play | Play Special | Generate (even if tracks are frozen).

To learn more about freezing your Band-in-a-Box® tracks or songs, visit Chapter 5: Playing Songs | Freezing tracks of our Online Manual.

With Band-in-a-Box®, Making Music Has Never Been Easier!

We came across this recent post, Music Making Software: Record, Edit, Create and Share Your Own Songs, which includes Band-in-a-Box® in their list of software you'll need to record and edit your own songs!

One of our favourite products, and one that doesn’t seem to come up much in discussions about music making software, is Band-In-A-Box from PG Music. This is probably the longest established and certainly one of the most popular music making software packages of all time. Already packed with features, the latest version has added functions that in our opinion make this an essential buy for musicians in any genre, for keyboard players, guitarists, singers, in fact any musician looking for an outstanding tool to make the most of their creative ideas.
-www.musicrepo.com

The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Forum Stats
28234 Members
58 Forums
54335 Topics
453590 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Aud10, bob jones, Gtbuba, crisjazz74, JungleDrum

28234 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 174
Pipeline 165