You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#500689 - 11/10/18 05:33 PM [User Showcase] The Destination
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

A lot of people love staying home all the time. I am not one of those.

Recorded in Logic Pro X
Plug Ins : Nectar 2, Neutron 2, Ozone 8, Tonal Balance, Waves LinMB, Waves, L3-LL Multi Limiter, Scuffam Amps S-Gear, Waves Vocal Rider

Vocals, Telecaster, Tom Adams

RealTracks 518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Held Ev 085
RealTracks 2645:Guitar, Resonator, Rhythm Folk8thsRandy Ev 085
RealTracks 2533:Guitar, Acoustic, HeldChords
RealTracks 2542:Pedal Steel, Background ModernBalladAtmosphere Ev16 065
RealTracks 2883:Pedal Steel, Background CountryEddy12-key Ev 085
RealTracks 2824:Pedal Steel, Soloist CountryEddy12-key Ev 085
Royalty Free Loops

https://soundcloud.com/tommyad/the-destination

https://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

The Destination

Hit the road when I was a young man
Not much different from what my Daddy done
Never cared much for throwing out an anchor
it’s the way I am it’s in my blood

It’s not the time it takes It’s all about the journey
The destination don’t matter much

Daddy said You’ll know when you get there
The road will tell you when you’re done
It’s easier to get where you’re going
If you know where you come from

he said if you change your mind just change your scenery
Don’t get stuck in a 9 to 5
Keep the wind at your back and the rubber on the pavement
Stare down the devil and you’ll know you’re alive

It’s not the time it takes It’s all about the journey
The destination don’t matter much

Daddy said You’ll know when you get there
The road will tell you when you’re done
It’s easier to get where you’re going
If you know where you come from

©2018 Thomas Adams

#500693 - 11/10/18 05:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Tom,

Anytime I see your name on a new post, I get pretty anxious - anticipation of some great music. You never disappoint. I've always traveled, nearly non-stop (over 40 countries and all but 2 states - Oregon and Hawaii). But with Di's health so fragile, I haven't in a couple of years.

That chorus just speaks to me. My favorite place, other than with my wife, is what lies down the road I've never traveled. As always, your vocal shines and your Tele talks. It seems every time I listen to one of your new posts, I say "Man, that might be my all-time favorite from you." So, here I go again: This might be my all-time favorite from you.

Best to you.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#500715 - 11/10/18 08:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Tom

Great to hear a new one from you and an excellent one at that.
Really nice set of lyrics and some wonderful melodic guitar phrases between verses.
Always love your laid back vocal sound and harmonies and the band sounds superb.

Peter

#500719 - 11/10/18 10:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

First...this is a great sounding song. Second...it's a great song. Really enjoyed the listen.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#500743 - 11/11/18 02:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi Tom,

I can relate to the message, somewhat anyway. My favorite type of getaway is doing road trips, a planned destination but anything in between is fair game. Been right across Canada from coast to coast that way, and also spent a month driving down and exploring Texas with stops at many cool places along the way. And many other shorter trips over the years. Driving down route 66 is on my bucket list, maybe next year.

Anyway, nice to hear you with a new one! Your music always sounds radio ready to me, such a pro sound.

#500751 - 11/11/18 03:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Cool tune Tommy. My dad was a trucker so spent allot of summer breaks from school cruising coast to coast. Funny used to love to travel when younger but so much chaos in the airports and congested city driving much prefer to stay home.

Loved the lyric and super vocal as always. And always my favorite part of the songs the guitar was just excellent...

#500753 - 11/11/18 04:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
funkycornwall Offline
Journeyman

Great song and excellent mix with plenty of variety and highs and lows. Really liked the arrangement and all the links and changes of feel in the drums. Great vocal too.

#500758 - 11/11/18 04:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Superb work Tom. That has got to be one of the best Telecaster tones I have ever heard! Great lyrics sung to perfection, all in a top notch RTs setting. Mix and engineering A1. An object lesson to us all!

Best
John
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#500800 - 11/11/18 08:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Love the Picture!

Your signature guitar playing is in full force here

very nice write

cool song

excellent vocals

good to hear you again Tom,

Kenny

#500881 - 11/11/18 04:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
You've got a winner here. I absolutely love the guitar work. Memorable melody and good, expressive vocals.

#500941 - 11/12/18 07:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice work.

I used to really like grabbing the steering wheel and heading out to parts unknown to set up and play music for folks. Now days I have found my destination and really like walking through my woods.

On the song. Good writing. That guitar tone is "to die for" as my girls used to say. Nice crunch but in a smooth sort of way. Both the rhythm and the lead tomes are so nice. Yep... another goodun!

And of course, every time I visit your site.... I have to listen to my favorite of yours..... The Waterline. Man that one gives me chills.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#500976 - 11/12/18 10:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: PeterF]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Tom,

Anytime I see your name on a new post, I get pretty anxious - anticipation of some great music. You never disappoint. I've always traveled, nearly non-stop (over 40 countries and all but 2 states - Oregon and Hawaii). But with Di's health so fragile, I haven't in a couple of years.

That chorus just speaks to me. My favorite place, other than with my wife, is what lies down the road I've never traveled. As always, your vocal shines and your Tele talks. It seems every time I listen to one of your new posts, I say "Man, that might be my all-time favorite from you." So, here I go again: This might be my all-time favorite from you.

Best to you.

Alan
Alan, I also am missing Oregon and Hawaii along with 5 more. I think you’ve got me beat on countries but I’m closing in on you. Thanks for the great comments, Tom
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom

Great to hear a new one from you and an excellent one at that.
Really nice set of lyrics and some wonderful melodic guitar phrases between verses.
Always love your laid back vocal sound and harmonies and the band sounds superb.

Peter
Peter, good to hear from you. I appreciate the kind words, Tom

#501001 - 11/12/18 01:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
This is COOOOOL!!! Reminds me of John Hiatt (the best of John Hiatt)! Fantastic energy, fantastic lyrics, fantastic vocal and mix! You killed it!!!! Take care. Greg

#501020 - 11/12/18 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

"It’s easier to get where you’re going
If you know where you come from"

What a nice line. A good write. A good Road Song.

Your signature lick is the perfect earworm.

Everything sounds good (As it always does in your songs).
The drums and the acoustic are attention grabbers...
A great mix - crisp, clean, cohesive.

A great listen. (Of course!)

fj

#501116 - 11/13/18 09:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Tom,
The intro grabs and already I know this is a good "band" song(no one does the big drums better)
Love the sentiments in the lyrics, strong vocals...and that great Telecaster sound.
Makes me want to get out and drive South!

Robert

#501370 - 11/15/18 03:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: Tangmo]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
First...this is a great sounding song. Second...it's a great song. Really enjoyed the listen.
Tangmo, thanks for stopping by and leaving the wonderful comments. I appreciate it, Tom

#501475 - 11/15/18 10:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Another great song and production Tom! One of my favorite things about this one is the signature lick -
really catchy.

#501488 - 11/15/18 11:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Man, is this ever the way to take a BiaB band and make it yours. With the drum loops and your guitar licks this song just screams individuality.

"It’s easier to get where you’re going if you know where you come from" is sung with both certainty and confidence.

And what makes this song even more special is that we have had the pleasure of sitting around the campfire and hearing about some of those place you've been smile

A fine "I wanna hit the road" write, a strong vocal, cool guitar and a top notch tommyad mix all demand a wide audience.

We like the allusions to Hiatt...Drive South!

Kudos!

J&B

#501523 - 11/15/18 01:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi tom really love this one love the bite on the guitar how did you get the sound great vocal and mix really clear and crisp thanks eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#501791 - 11/17/18 03:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: Scott C]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Tom,

I can relate to the message, somewhat anyway. My favorite type of getaway is doing road trips, a planned destination but anything in between is fair game. Been right across Canada from coast to coast that way, and also spent a month driving down and exploring Texas with stops at many cool places along the way. And many other shorter trips over the years. Driving down route 66 is on my bucket list, maybe next year.

Anyway, nice to hear you with a new one! Your music always sounds radio ready to me, such a pro sound.
Thanks for your support Dave, Tom
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool tune Tommy. My dad was a trucker so spent allot of summer breaks from school cruising coast to coast. Funny used to love to travel when younger but so much chaos in the airports and congested city driving much prefer to stay home.

Loved the lyric and super vocal as always. And always my favorite part of the songs the guitar was just excellent...
Scott, I’m glad you liked it,Tom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
RealBand 2021 is Here!

There are exciting additions to RealBand 2021! RealBand is now a 64-bit application, and supports SIMD features for higher audio playback performance. There is now drum notation support with over 300 additional RealCharts, added cut time notation, time signature improvements, visual transpose, notation enhancements, XML improvements, and more!

RealBand 2021 is included with ALL Band-in-a-Box 2021 purchases... and our upgrade packages are ON SALE until December 31st!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand® 2021 for Windows.

Generate RealTracks on Utility Tracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've just updated the brand-new Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with the ability to generate RealTracks on Utility Tracks!

Not only can you generate the ENTIRE track from the track menu, complete with RealCharts, you can also generate highlighted sections of the Utility track - and even change it to a completely different RealTracks instrument! With the cross-fades Audio Edit option, the transition will be so smooth - you won't believe your ears!

https://youtu.be/TvJnJHdDVuI

Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows users can download this free update patch here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows: New Features Video

It's here! Check out all the new features released with Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows with our New Features video.
www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we added 202 new RealTracks! There are brand-new RealTracks for Jazz, Blues, Funk, Latin, Pop, Rock, World, Country, Americana & Celtic, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 353-375 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2020 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks Sets 1-375 collection with over 3,100 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® - 202 New RealTracks Overview, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

We've just released some amazing new Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Adding the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase? No need to buy this separately, MultiStyles PAK 1 is included with it! www.pgmusic.com/addons.multistyles.php?os=win

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Forum Stats
33303 Members
67 Forums
66513 Topics
569791 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
pickitup, Jan E.A.V., Dhcousins, LinhForex, Wmpf

33302 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 292
Pipeline 268