Options
Index
#510053 - 12/16/18 09:04 AM [User Showcase] How deep the river runs
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

How deep the river runs

This is probably the last song from us this year, the next song will probably be created using BIAB 2019, I should have it by then smile

How deep the river runs (2018, Christiane Spruit)

V1) Fall so deep
into the silence
while I am falling asleep , to the sound and the beat of my heart
I fall so deep
hearing the sirens
trying to find my way back home, into my dreams

V2)At rivers deep
I sit down for crying
I am begging the water to come, taking my tears
between the truth and lies
trying to raise against the tide
how deep the river runs

Chorus:
Run run river run
in the old familiar ways
in the hope for me to stay
and in hope for a better day
run run run and I know the time will come
finding my way back home
no matter how deep the river runs

V3) I fall so deep
into the silence
while I am falling asleep , to the sound and the beat of my heart
At rivers deep
I sit down for crying
I am begging the water to come, and take my tears

Chorus

outro vamp: no matter how, how deep the river runs

The band:

RealDrums in style: BluesMondaySw8^01-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Sidestick, Ride
RealTracks in style: 564:Bass, Electric, Blues Monday Sw 065
RealTracks in style: ~675:Organ, B3, Background Blues Monday Sw 065

Guitar tracks (three) are from me.

Mixed with reaper with plugins from Waves and iZotope, mastered with ozone 8 and LMC.

Still tweaking the mix a little, I'll add a soundcloud link when I'm done.

EDIT: Uploaded to soundcloud, (if Floyd Jane says the mix is good, the mix is good! smile ) here: soundcloud link

Note, the sound is better on the revebnation link at the top of the page

Edited by BlueAttitude (12/17/18 05:44 AM)
Edit Reason: added soundcloud link

#510060 - 12/16/18 09:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Dave,
I always enjoy your releases! This one is perfect in all respects. Very powerful.

Thank you for sharing!

#510082 - 12/16/18 10:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice, nice work.

Love the playing and the singing is stellar.

Nice blues tune.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#510087 - 12/16/18 10:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
I never know how to comment on your songs. There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Anyway, always great music from you. Awesome job.
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#510088 - 12/16/18 10:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Dave,

Another great vocal from Chris, smoking guitar solo and a superb mix- everything is good!
That organ is a perfect fit and its such a pleasure to hear the guitar fills that support the vocal -you take your productions into a zone that few can match.
(Sound quality on Reverbnation seems better than SoundCloud btw)

Robert

#510093 - 12/16/18 10:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
I concur with the other posters. This is so aurally pleasing. Great vocals, great guitar. The addition of the RT Organ complements the guitar and vocals. As they used to say: far out man!

#510108 - 12/16/18 11:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
...There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Caaron said that nicely. I agree with it all....

The write here is really well done. It flows. Naturally. Nothing "forced"...

Chris' vocal sounds just as natural as the lyric. One of her best ever (though they are all so good...).

Dave - you get those organs sounding SO dang good!!! (Not an easy thing). How are you processing them???

Your guitar works is exceptional. Love that tone! You make that thing SING.

(You can stop tweaking. It sounds GREAT!)

A wonderful way to spend 4 minutes and 22 second. Think I'll go do it agian. And again!!

Super.

fj

#510125 - 12/16/18 01:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave / Chris

Excellent blues in every way. Great overall sound, one of the best uses of the organ tracks I've heard.
Lovely vocals, complemented by your guitar. Nice subtle solo with some nice vibrato at the start.
A wonderful blues song.

Peter

#510167 - 12/16/18 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
...There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Caaron said that nicely. I agree with it all....

The write here is really well done. It flows. Naturally. Nothing "forced"...

Chris' vocal sounds just as natural as the lyric. One of her best ever (though they are all so good...).

Dave - you get those organs sounding SO dang good!!! (Not an easy thing). How are you processing them???

Your guitar works is exceptional. Love that tone! You make that thing SING.

(You can stop tweaking. It sounds GREAT!)

A wonderful way to spend 4 minutes and 22 second. Think I'll go do it agian. And again!!

Super.

fj

Why just piggyback on one quote when I can piggyback on two? I agree.....wonderful music here, SWEEEET guitar, SWEEEET vocals, great mix! ! Pure class!!!! Take care. Greg

#510311 - 12/17/18 05:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: Rustyspoon#]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Dave,
I always enjoy your releases! This one is perfect in all respects. Very powerful.

Thank you for sharing!

Hi Misha!

Not perfect, but as close I can get it for now anyway.

Thanks!

#510416 - 12/17/18 12:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: Guitarhacker]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice, nice work.

Love the playing and the singing is stellar.

Nice blues tune.

Thanks for the listen and positive comments, Herb, it is appreciated smile

#510418 - 12/17/18 12:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Excellent song; great vocal and sueper organ.

Really great performance.

Sergio

Sergio

#510481 - 12/17/18 02:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Chris & Dave,

Dang, I was sure I commented on this yesterday as I listened. Guess not - man, life takes funny turns once you pass seventy! I remember that page and whispered "Wow, great presentation page!".

What a great blues tune and Chris just owns it. I love listening to her sing. And that guitar of yours doesn't have a bad or uninspiring note on it. I'm in awe of your playing, as I am with Chris' vocal. This is such a great tune. Should be heard all over the public airways. best to both of you.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#510483 - 12/17/18 03:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Dave / Chris,

One of the best blues infused numbers I have heard on this forum... This has all the elements of a classic blues-pop song. Some awesome guitar playing and a tremendous vocal.

Simply outstanding!

Bob

#510617 - 12/18/18 05:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: HearToLearn]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

I never know how to comment on your songs. There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Thanks very much HTL, that means a lot!

And, isn't it about time you posted a new one? I still remember the drums on that last one you did, would be good to hear that again I think smile

#510646 - 12/18/18 06:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA

Superb you two!

We'll let this one reside on top of our BlueAttitude favs for a while...yeah they are ALL favs of ours.

Chris' lyric, melody and vocal are outstanding. AND, man, the way you complement the vocal with your guitar work is amazing. Even without the context of the vocal it would be outstanding but we hear a lot of work that just nails the FEEL of the song...not every good guitar player does that.

And the mix is to my ears as good as it gets. I love our KRK monitors and when I hear something like this I know why!

J&B

#510804 - 12/18/18 05:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Wow Dave! Another fantastic tune from you and Chris! And might I also mention, what a great blues player you are! I am impressed every time I listen to your playing and tone! Another great vocal performance by Chris and a great write from her! As I listened I realized that we have some awesome music presented here on the forum and you are key contributor! Keep on rockin'!! Thanks, Torrey

#510884 - 12/19/18 02:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: Robertkc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave,

Another great vocal from Chris, smoking guitar solo and a superb mix- everything is good!
That organ is a perfect fit and its such a pleasure to hear the guitar fills that support the vocal -you take your productions into a zone that few can match.
(Sound quality on Reverbnation seems better than SoundCloud btw)

Robert

Yes, reverbnation always sounds much better IMHO.

Thanks for the continued support, Robert, and all the best to you and yours for the holiday!

#510885 - 12/19/18 02:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I concur with the other posters. This is so aurally pleasing. Great vocals, great guitar. The addition of the RT Organ complements the guitar and vocals. As they used to say: far out man!

Thanks for the listen and comments, I'm happy you liked this one!

#510939 - 12/19/18 06:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Northern Michigan
James Francisco Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Northern Michigan
Hi Dave!

I don't get on the forum as much as I would like, but today while looking for info on my 2019 install, I ran across a reference to your song(s).

Man! Am I glad I did! This song is radio-ready and should be played where everyone can hear it! I love this song. Fantastic guitar work (I'm extremely jealous, because my guitar playing will never reach that level!), great organ sound, and Chris' superb vocals. Wow, you have a real winner here.

I take it that this is part of an album you're making? If so, I'd really like to get a copy when it's done.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your song and appreciate all the effort you and Chris put into it!

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Free Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

Update your installation of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for free today!

With the latest update, we've addressed user reported issues with using ASIO drivers, exported MIDI files, out-of-sync visual playback, Mixer volumes, and more!

If you're using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, download this free update today.

(This update also includes DAW Plugin build v.3.4.4)

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Windows is Here!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021 cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir: 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAK 10 et bien plus encore …!

Nouvelles Fonctionnalités
Band-in-a-Box® et RealBand 2021: Tous Packages

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Reviews!

Head to www.gearsltuz.com for the latest Band-in-a-Box® reviews by Sound-Guy and CoolGuitarGear!

Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve into an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians. You can produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. As it has been for years, it’s an amazing program.
-Sound-Guy

From my perspective, as a long-time user of BIAB, the above improvements, changes and additions definitely take the program to the next step. The new elements and audio upgrading are fantastic and I’m even more excited to work with this version than some others in the past.
-CoolGuitarGear

How To Quickly Adjust Your Chord Sheet Size

Did you know you can quickly adjust the size of your chord sheet in Band-in-a-Box® by holding CTRL while scrolling with the mouse scroll wheel?

How handy!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Windows® ist hier!
Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - New Intro Options!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro!

Within Band-in-a-Box, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available:
-All Instruments
-Drums only
-Bass and Drums
-NEW! Bass only
-NEW! Bass then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Drums then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Piano Only
-NEW! Guitar Only
-NEW! Strings Only
-NEW! Custom - you pick!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Update Available!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to enhance Big Sur and M1 capabilities, improve the notation window, resolve AIFF rendering errors, as well as addressing a few other user-reported issues.

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac? Update for free today.

Forum Stats
34009 Members
67 Forums
68463 Topics
586939 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Dean-O, jll79, SunsetPoet, Ersol55, S.B. Greer

34009 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 181
dcuny 180