Options
Index
#510053 - 12/16/18 09:04 AM [User Showcase] How deep the river runs
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

How deep the river runs

This is probably the last song from us this year, the next song will probably be created using BIAB 2019, I should have it by then smile

How deep the river runs (2018, Christiane Spruit)

V1) Fall so deep
into the silence
while I am falling asleep , to the sound and the beat of my heart
I fall so deep
hearing the sirens
trying to find my way back home, into my dreams

V2)At rivers deep
I sit down for crying
I am begging the water to come, taking my tears
between the truth and lies
trying to raise against the tide
how deep the river runs

Chorus:
Run run river run
in the old familiar ways
in the hope for me to stay
and in hope for a better day
run run run and I know the time will come
finding my way back home
no matter how deep the river runs

V3) I fall so deep
into the silence
while I am falling asleep , to the sound and the beat of my heart
At rivers deep
I sit down for crying
I am begging the water to come, and take my tears

Chorus

outro vamp: no matter how, how deep the river runs

The band:

RealDrums in style: BluesMondaySw8^01-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Sidestick, Ride
RealTracks in style: 564:Bass, Electric, Blues Monday Sw 065
RealTracks in style: ~675:Organ, B3, Background Blues Monday Sw 065

Guitar tracks (three) are from me.

Mixed with reaper with plugins from Waves and iZotope, mastered with ozone 8 and LMC.

Still tweaking the mix a little, I'll add a soundcloud link when I'm done.

EDIT: Uploaded to soundcloud, (if Floyd Jane says the mix is good, the mix is good! smile ) here: soundcloud link

Note, the sound is better on the revebnation link at the top of the page

Edited by BlueAttitude (12/17/18 05:44 AM)
Edit Reason: added soundcloud link

Blue Attitude Website

#510060 - 12/16/18 09:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

Dave,
I always enjoy your releases! This one is perfect in all respects. Very powerful.

Thank you for sharing!

#510082 - 12/16/18 10:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice, nice work.

Love the playing and the singing is stellar.

Nice blues tune.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#510087 - 12/16/18 10:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
I never know how to comment on your songs. There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Anyway, always great music from you. Awesome job.
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#510088 - 12/16/18 10:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Dave,

Another great vocal from Chris, smoking guitar solo and a superb mix- everything is good!
That organ is a perfect fit and its such a pleasure to hear the guitar fills that support the vocal -you take your productions into a zone that few can match.
(Sound quality on Reverbnation seems better than SoundCloud btw)

Robert

#510093 - 12/16/18 10:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
I concur with the other posters. This is so aurally pleasing. Great vocals, great guitar. The addition of the RT Organ complements the guitar and vocals. As they used to say: far out man!

#510108 - 12/16/18 11:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
...There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Caaron said that nicely. I agree with it all....

The write here is really well done. It flows. Naturally. Nothing "forced"...

Chris' vocal sounds just as natural as the lyric. One of her best ever (though they are all so good...).

Dave - you get those organs sounding SO dang good!!! (Not an easy thing). How are you processing them???

Your guitar works is exceptional. Love that tone! You make that thing SING.

(You can stop tweaking. It sounds GREAT!)

A wonderful way to spend 4 minutes and 22 second. Think I'll go do it agian. And again!!

Super.

fj

#510125 - 12/16/18 01:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave / Chris

Excellent blues in every way. Great overall sound, one of the best uses of the organ tracks I've heard.
Lovely vocals, complemented by your guitar. Nice subtle solo with some nice vibrato at the start.
A wonderful blues song.

Peter

#510167 - 12/16/18 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
...There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Caaron said that nicely. I agree with it all....

The write here is really well done. It flows. Naturally. Nothing "forced"...

Chris' vocal sounds just as natural as the lyric. One of her best ever (though they are all so good...).

Dave - you get those organs sounding SO dang good!!! (Not an easy thing). How are you processing them???

Your guitar works is exceptional. Love that tone! You make that thing SING.

(You can stop tweaking. It sounds GREAT!)

A wonderful way to spend 4 minutes and 22 second. Think I'll go do it agian. And again!!

Super.

fj

Why just piggyback on one quote when I can piggyback on two? I agree.....wonderful music here, SWEEEET guitar, SWEEEET vocals, great mix! ! Pure class!!!! Take care. Greg

#510311 - 12/17/18 05:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: Rustyspoon#]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Dave,
I always enjoy your releases! This one is perfect in all respects. Very powerful.

Thank you for sharing!

Hi Misha!

Not perfect, but as close I can get it for now anyway.

Thanks!

Blue Attitude Website

#510416 - 12/17/18 12:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: Guitarhacker]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice, nice work.

Love the playing and the singing is stellar.

Nice blues tune.

Thanks for the listen and positive comments, Herb, it is appreciated smile

Blue Attitude Website

#510418 - 12/17/18 12:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Excellent song; great vocal and sueper organ.

Really great performance.

Sergio

Sergio

#510481 - 12/17/18 02:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Chris & Dave,

Dang, I was sure I commented on this yesterday as I listened. Guess not - man, life takes funny turns once you pass seventy! I remember that page and whispered "Wow, great presentation page!".

What a great blues tune and Chris just owns it. I love listening to her sing. And that guitar of yours doesn't have a bad or uninspiring note on it. I'm in awe of your playing, as I am with Chris' vocal. This is such a great tune. Should be heard all over the public airways. best to both of you.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#510483 - 12/17/18 03:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Dave / Chris,

One of the best blues infused numbers I have heard on this forum... This has all the elements of a classic blues-pop song. Some awesome guitar playing and a tremendous vocal.

Simply outstanding!

Bob

#510617 - 12/18/18 05:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: HearToLearn]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

I never know how to comment on your songs. There is just much you do right, AND so well. I mean, the vocals, the organ, of course the guitar (I swear it's saying something, I love that), the groove...it's not where do you start commenting, it's where do you end. It would be a novel.

Thanks very much HTL, that means a lot!

And, isn't it about time you posted a new one? I still remember the drums on that last one you did, would be good to hear that again I think smile

Blue Attitude Website

#510646 - 12/18/18 06:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA

Superb you two!

We'll let this one reside on top of our BlueAttitude favs for a while...yeah they are ALL favs of ours.

Chris' lyric, melody and vocal are outstanding. AND, man, the way you complement the vocal with your guitar work is amazing. Even without the context of the vocal it would be outstanding but we hear a lot of work that just nails the FEEL of the song...not every good guitar player does that.

And the mix is to my ears as good as it gets. I love our KRK monitors and when I hear something like this I know why!

J&B

#510804 - 12/18/18 05:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Wow Dave! Another fantastic tune from you and Chris! And might I also mention, what a great blues player you are! I am impressed every time I listen to your playing and tone! Another great vocal performance by Chris and a great write from her! As I listened I realized that we have some awesome music presented here on the forum and you are key contributor! Keep on rockin'!! Thanks, Torrey

#510884 - 12/19/18 02:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: Robertkc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave,

Another great vocal from Chris, smoking guitar solo and a superb mix- everything is good!
That organ is a perfect fit and its such a pleasure to hear the guitar fills that support the vocal -you take your productions into a zone that few can match.
(Sound quality on Reverbnation seems better than SoundCloud btw)

Robert

Yes, reverbnation always sounds much better IMHO.

Thanks for the continued support, Robert, and all the best to you and yours for the holiday!

Blue Attitude Website

#510885 - 12/19/18 02:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I concur with the other posters. This is so aurally pleasing. Great vocals, great guitar. The addition of the RT Organ complements the guitar and vocals. As they used to say: far out man!

Thanks for the listen and comments, I'm happy you liked this one!

Blue Attitude Website

#510939 - 12/19/18 06:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: How deep the river runs [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Northern Michigan
James Francisco Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Northern Michigan
Hi Dave!

I don't get on the forum as much as I would like, but today while looking for info on my 2019 install, I ran across a reference to your song(s).

Man! Am I glad I did! This song is radio-ready and should be played where everyone can hear it! I love this song. Fantastic guitar work (I'm extremely jealous, because my guitar playing will never reach that level!), great organ sound, and Chris' superb vocals. Wow, you have a real winner here.

I take it that this is part of an album you're making? If so, I'd really like to get a copy when it's done.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your song and appreciate all the effort you and Chris put into it!

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Forum Stats
32861 Members
68 Forums
66176 Topics
562069 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
tarloch, VK3KKP, lonnydude, Dale Hamm, MikeHannigan

32860 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 140