Options
Index
#521616 - 01/31/19 09:12 AM [User Showcase] Take Me Home
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Take Me Home
This song has a splash of snarkiness and a dash of romance. Maybe I should title it "Flippant Introvert in Love." wink I consider this track a throwaway song, but my 13-year-old daughter likes it, so I recorded it.

Real Tracks:
RealDrums-RockClassicBritEv
RT1681 Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking
RT2933 Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking SongwriterFolkSlap
RT1263 Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningSync
RT683 Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush
RT1030 Guitar, 12-String Electric, Fingerpicking
RT3199 Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist PopBalladMellowBrent

Lyrics:

People come from miles just to tell me I’m pretty
Dress me like a queen, drag me off to the city
But I don’t want to know their lies
And I don’t want to hear their cries

‘Cause I just want to know you
I just want to grow old with you
I think I told you
Take me home

There’s a man on the street and he wants my money
There’s a man on TV and he thinks he’s funny
Maybe it’s the other way around
Take the next exit. I don’t want to be found

I think I told you
Take me home

You know my dreams always die
And I’m alone left to lie
Awake reviving you

Whenever I hold you, my heart starts raging
While everyone around me seems to be aging
Whenever I kiss you, the world stands still
Whenever I promise, you know I will

I think I told you
Take me home

#521619 - 01/31/19 09:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I definitely get that hint of snark and romance from this song. Thanks for taking the time to post it so we can listen. I think Flippant Introvert in Love is a good alternate title! grin Made me chuckle.

#521623 - 01/31/19 09:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ember - PG Music]
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Thanks, Ember.

I should probably add to my description that the song is not gender specific. I originally was writing as a female persona, but then realized the song works both ways, and is a bit more humorous with a male voice.

Edited by Ezekiel's Storm (01/31/19 09:56 AM)

#521629 - 01/31/19 10:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Catchy pop - I can see why it would appeal to your teen daughter ( though the sound is from another era).
Good clear vocal. I like the way you brought in the solo acoustic guitar.
Throw away? How often has that been the comment from writers of some of the biggest hits in music... plus the approval of a family member on your creations is always to be cherished!

Robert

#521655 - 01/31/19 12:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Ezekiel's Storm, this was arrangement is wonderful to the ears and I dig the overall timbres... That guitar really does shred! Fantastic work on the vocals!

#521676 - 01/31/19 03:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
This is a pretty good sounding track for a "throwaway song"...
Your 13 year old fan must have heard the same merits the rest of us in your fan club hear...
Nice lyrics, great vocal, & production... I enjoyed it.

#521688 - 01/31/19 04:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
I don't understand why this song should be a "throwaway" - it's a very nice and pleasant sounding song.

Can only speak for myself, but I am glad that you decided to share it with us!

Will

#521784 - 02/01/19 06:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent vocal. Super backtrack. As Robert said very catchy melody. Well done

#521791 - 02/01/19 06:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Scott,

A fun lyric. Well sung.

A nice production - good to hear the new acoustic solo in a song. Well mixed.

Enjoyed.

fj

#521794 - 02/01/19 06:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Excellent vocal! And fun lyrics too. Mix sounds fabulous through the 'phones, well done!

Blue Attitude Website

#521804 - 02/01/19 07:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a tune! I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Very catchy, as others have pointed out, and I loved your vocals here. It all flows extremely well, and the lyrics really stood out to me too.

Really nice work - thanks for sharing smile

#521877 - 02/01/19 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Cool song

has a catchy feel good flow

solid vocals

that Brent mellow soloist sounds great

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

#521940 - 02/02/19 03:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
The song has an infectious late 60's-70's pop vibe to me. I'm loving it. Enjoyed my listen.

#522050 - 02/02/19 02:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Very nice song and melody.
Very well performed.

Sergio

Sergio

#522066 - 02/02/19 03:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Scott,

You've created a very catchy song that's an enjoyable listen from start to finish. I love your choice of backing tracks and your excellent vocal sits really comfortable within them. The mix and its presentation are terrific.

Another one to be proud of!

All the best,
Noel

#522135 - 02/02/19 11:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Whatever you do, don't throw this away.

The melody has a great hook, the vocals are just so easy to listen to, and lyrically, this is so well written.

The voice-overs give richness and depth.

A superb production.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#522157 - 02/03/19 01:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Dear Scott,

first of all congrats on being among the 2018 award winners - you really deserved it a lot !!!!

And with this song you're already showing up for the 2019 award: It's a very catchy tune, like always brought to sparkling through your great singing and a very appropriate arrangement. You definitely took me home again...

All the best,

Stefan

#522162 - 02/03/19 01:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Scott !:))

I think this is one of
your absolute best tunes
at least of those I´ve heard
so far !:)) I love those chords
and that beautiful progression !:))

Cheers
Dani

#522290 - 02/03/19 12:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
This track sounds pretty good to me!! Excellent work on the vocals and the acoustic guitar for the fill/solo parts was perfect for the song! Thanks, Torrey

#522313 - 02/03/19 02:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me Home [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Scott,

This is an excellent song. To me it has a nice 70s pop sound. Very well done.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Forum Stats
32860 Members
68 Forums
66176 Topics
562066 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
tarloch, VK3KKP, lonnydude, Dale Hamm, MikeHannigan

32860 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 140