Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#525178 - 02/18/19 06:36 PM [User Showcase] Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Crazy For You

Janice kindly agreed to sing another one of our songs and provides a gorgeous vocal.

Janice - Vocals
Leon - Lyrics
I played most of the guitars (except the L channel acoustic RT)
Bud – invaluable mix assistance, recording Janice and working on the RT Bass.

The Band
RealTracks in style: ~1394:Bass, Acoustic-Guitar, Jazz VerySimple Sw 110
RealTracks in style: 2440:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking FolkySwing Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 2729:Organ, Rhythm BluesShuffleMike Sw 130
RealDrums [in Song:NashvilleSwing8^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Also a tambourine and a different organ in there as well.

Crazy for you

I said I was crazy for you
And I was; I was head over heels
I don’t think the words are any less true
Because time has changed how I feel

Life doesn’t care how you plan it
That’s just the way that it goes
And love, well you can’t understand it
That’s just the way that it flows

I used to dream we’d grow old together
You knew that we never would
Love can be fickle, capricious and fleeting
That much we both understood

Dreams fade away come the dawn
Vanish like smoke on the wind
And life won’t turn out how you want it to be
No matter how hard you pretend

I followed my heart down many a road
As often as not a dead end
Lovers may come and lovers may go
But we find our way home in the end

We followed our hearts down many a road
Many a detour, my friend
Lovers may come and lovers may go
But we find our way home in the end

#525181 - 02/18/19 06:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Columbia, MO
Phil Leith Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Columbia, MO
This is fantastic!

Great lyrics, great tracks, and Janice ... oh my God... you nailed that vocal. So buttery smooth, just the right touch. Wow.

#525203 - 02/19/19 02:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
A grreat collaboration...
Good lyrics...
Among them "Life doesn’t care how you plan it... That’s just the way that it goes"
Great vocals as usual from Janice...
I really like the chordal changes on "I used to dream we’d grow old together"...
Great guitar playing...
Professional sounding mix...
A thumbs up to all involved... I like it!

#525216 - 02/19/19 04:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
This is just what I needed to hear this morning smile

Great song, loved the lyrics.

And man, Janice has such great tone! Smooth and full bodied.

Love your playing on this too, Peter, very melodic and tasteful.

Excellent!!

#525220 - 02/19/19 05:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Peter, Leon, Janice & Bud,

What a great sound! This has the feel of an instant standard / classic record.

Awesome song and arrangement, flawlessly delivered by Janice.

Some great guitar lines and a polished mix really bring it all home.

Enjoyed it immensely!

Bob

#525224 - 02/19/19 05:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

Great collaboration!
Very good sounding piece. Love choruses & sweet guitar! Mixed to perfection. Janice, don't stop!

Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#525241 - 02/19/19 07:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: Phil Leith]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Phil Leith
This is fantastic!

Great lyrics, great tracks, and Janice ... oh my God... you nailed that vocal. So buttery smooth, just the right touch. Wow.

Thank you Phil. It was an easy song to fall into the lyric....

Janice

#525243 - 02/19/19 08:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Virginia
Belladonna Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia
Love the chorus, so true!! Nice emotion in the vocals by Janice. Good song.

#525265 - 02/19/19 09:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: Jim]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Jim
Good lyrics...
Among them "Life doesn’t care how you plan it... That’s just the way that it goes"
I really like the chordal changes on "I used to dream we’d grow old together"...
Great guitar playing...

Thank you Jim!

Janice

#525278 - 02/19/19 12:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: Phil Leith]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Phil Leith
This is fantastic!

Thanks Phil - loved the description of the vocal.

Peter

#525282 - 02/19/19 01:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Fantastic collab! Janice sounds really great! Thanks for sharing.

#525354 - 02/20/19 03:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: Jim]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Jim
Good lyrics...
Great guitar playing...

Thanks a lot Jim, appreciate all those comments.

Peter

#525368 - 02/20/19 04:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

I am a fan of Janice’s stellar vocals. I am also a fan of Bud’s engineering techniques. I am also a fan of Peter’s complimentary guitar playing and tone. Leon usually puts in a word or two that twists the ear. In this case “capricious” . I don’t think I’ve ever heard that in a song. I enjoyed all that the four of you brought to this great collaboration, Tom

#525376 - 02/20/19 05:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
"Love can be fickle, capricious and fleeting" --great lyric. Janice's singing conveys the lyric perfectly. Love the guitar work too.

Scott

#525417 - 02/20/19 10:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Peter/Leon/Janice/Bud...

So smoooooth. Everything fits together so nicely - such a flow!

"Life doesn’t care how you plan it
That’s just the way that it flows"

A nice write. (And the harmonies on that part are cool!). Excellent melody! (especially at "I used to dream we’d grow old together...You knew that we never would")

The guitars sound terrific. Love the drum sound. The bass is buttery.

And, of course, there is that Star vocal! Gorgeous.

Great job on this by all...

fj

#525457 - 02/20/19 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
To all involved, this track has such a charming inviting vibe to it kind of going back and forth from a pop sound in places then transitioning into country! Great work by all! Thanks, Torrey

#525490 - 02/20/19 06:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Beautiful vocal, song, arrangement and production. I especially like the chorus.

#525502 - 02/20/19 08:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Queensland, Australia
mkg50 (Mike G) Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Queensland, Australia
Great collaboration. Nice song Peter and Leon, tasteful guitar Peter and great vocals Janice.
Thanks for sharing,
Mike

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172

#525530 - 02/21/19 12:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: BlueAttitude]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
This is just what I needed to hear this morning smile

Great song, loved the lyrics.

And man, Janice has such great tone! Smooth and full bodied.

Love your playing on this too, Peter, very melodic and tasteful.

Excellent!!

Thanks Dave - its always great having Janice sing one of our songs. Also thanks for the guitar comments.

Peter

#525534 - 02/21/19 12:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Crazy For You Featuring Janice Merritt [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
EXCELLENT,
the use of a fabulous voice and delivery makes the most of this terrific collaboration.
the layered vocals are perfect for the theme and arrangement.
Peter, your guitars really bring this up a notch.
Top stuff folks.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
RealBand 2021 is Here!

There are exciting additions to RealBand 2021! RealBand is now a 64-bit application, and supports SIMD features for higher audio playback performance. There is now drum notation support with over 300 additional RealCharts, added cut time notation, time signature improvements, visual transpose, notation enhancements, XML improvements, and more!

RealBand 2021 is included with ALL Band-in-a-Box 2021 purchases... and our upgrade packages are ON SALE until December 31st!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand® 2021 for Windows.

Generate RealTracks on Utility Tracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've just updated the brand-new Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with the ability to generate RealTracks on Utility Tracks!

Not only can you generate the ENTIRE track from the track menu, complete with RealCharts, you can also generate highlighted sections of the Utility track - and even change it to a completely different RealTracks instrument! With the cross-fades Audio Edit option, the transition will be so smooth - you won't believe your ears!

https://youtu.be/TvJnJHdDVuI

Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows users can download this free update patch here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows: New Features Video

It's here! Check out all the new features released with Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows with our New Features video.
www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we added 202 new RealTracks! There are brand-new RealTracks for Jazz, Blues, Funk, Latin, Pop, Rock, World, Country, Americana & Celtic, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 353-375 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2020 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks Sets 1-375 collection with over 3,100 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® - 202 New RealTracks Overview, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

We've just released some amazing new Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Adding the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase? No need to buy this separately, MultiStyles PAK 1 is included with it! www.pgmusic.com/addons.multistyles.php?os=win

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Forum Stats
33303 Members
67 Forums
66513 Topics
569795 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
pickitup, Jan E.A.V., Dhcousins, LinhForex, Wmpf

33302 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 292
Pipeline 267