Options
Index
#526427 - 02/26/19 08:39 AM [User Showcase] I can't get no sleep
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

I can't get no sleep

I can’t get no sleep (Christiane Spruit, 2019)

since my love has left me
since my love has gone

I toss and turn until midnight
oh the whole night long
and the hours are creeping
I can’t get no sleep
cold pillows talking to me
I am missing the heat
I am missing you
I can’t get no sleep

every shade of Blue
in every shade of you

I leave the light on 'til midnight
the whole night through
I am missing the heat
I am missing you
I can’t get no sleep

Bridge:
all my thoughts are creeping
I can’t get no peace
I am missing the heat
you are missing for me
I can’t get no sleep

Solo

Outro vamp: I can’t get no sleep

The band:

~572:Bass, Electric, Blues BB Ev 085
~673:Organ, B3, Background Blues BB Ev 085
2881:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm BluesStraightMike12-key Ev 085 *
NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

* I used both the held chords and regular version of the piano track, held chords most of the time then the regular version to play fills

I'm playing the guitar parts. Mixed with reaper, mastered with Ozone8

This one took much longer than normal to mix, not sure it is 100% yet. All comments welcome!

02/27:
Doubled the riff after the first verse on lead guitar to make it a bit more interesting based on a suggestion from floyd, sounds much better. Thanks, floyd! cool
Also uploaded to Soundcloud

02/28:
Chris did a video for the song, here: https://youtu.be/-_n4J0c2I2w

Edited by BlueAttitude (02/28/19 03:33 AM)

Blue Attitude Website

#526429 - 02/26/19 09:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great work on this BlueAttitude, thanks for sharing this! The different elements really glue well together and the chord progression is very nice. Adding the organ to this was a nice touch. Great effects on the vocals. Keep it up!

#526447 - 02/26/19 10:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
awesome mix!

all instruments sound so good, panning done very well to my ears

nice write, plenty of emotion

good gritty guitar sound, tasty playing for sure

strong vocals

enjoyed the listen!

Kenny

#526457 - 02/26/19 12:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Dave & Chris,

Cool opening. Bass + organ - nice idea!

Chris' vocal grabs right off the bat. Smokey...

The piano has a good sound - and does some nice licks! The guitar licks after "can't get no sleep" are a bit low...(where you doubled them later, they had better impact)

The solo is Excellent! - very musical, superbly played. Tasty guitar all over the place.

Another good blues-rock write.

Y'all do outstanding music!

fj

#526462 - 02/26/19 01:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave & Chris

Excellent work - a lovely vocal, melodic with some really nice dynamics, and a good set of lyrics.
Very effective intro and build up - especially the use of the organ.
Beautiful guitar solo, and nice playing throughout.

Great stuff.

Peter

#526488 - 02/26/19 04:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
What a cool intro. I has visions of Procol Harum or Vanilla Fudge when it first started. Awesome vocal from Chris. Your guitar was perfect. Crazy tone and such tasteful playing. Well done Dave...

#526489 - 02/26/19 04:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The intro definitely has a rather melancholic feel to it. Sets the tone for the song. Thanks for sharing.

#526513 - 02/27/19 02:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
This is truly a awesome song you two have put together...
Your guitar playing & her sultry voice complement each other so well...
Everything on this recording just fits...
I really like hearing this one!

#526560 - 02/27/19 11:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Dave,
Awesome! Started listening to it while working, ended up listening to about half a dozen of tunes on your playlist smile

When you have it, you have it! From the vocals, guitars, arrangement and mix is A+. You and Christiane have very special musical chemistry. There are no mediocre songs.

P.S. I was thinking about what you said earlier about not missing bar gigging... You are so right!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#526563 - 02/27/19 11:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
The bass playing start really grabs attention. Good selection of blues instruments, I like especially the piano. Fantastic guitar playing with beautiful melancholy melody and good effects. Enjoyable vocals once again. Nice surprising major chords couple of times.

Janne

#526598 - 02/27/19 05:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
Ditto what the others said about the intro. This song definitely has that wee hours of the night feel. The guitar is talking to me!

#526602 - 02/27/19 05:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Dave/Chris, another finely crafted song! Chris's vocal is absolutely perfect....That chorus stays with you for a while! Also, more excellent guitar work by you Dave! You always churn out something great! Enjoyed it! Thanks, Torrey

#526631 - 02/27/19 11:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Sweet.
There're a few spots where the vocal gets buried but the overall package is sweet.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#526658 - 02/28/19 03:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: Joe -PG Music]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Great work on this BlueAttitude, thanks for sharing this! The different elements really glue well together and the chord progression is very nice. Adding the organ to this was a nice touch. Great effects on the vocals. Keep it up!

We have no intention of stopping anytime soon smile

Thanks, Joe!

Blue Attitude Website

#526659 - 02/28/19 03:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: 44kfl]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
awesome mix!

all instruments sound so good, panning done very well to my ears

nice write, plenty of emotion

good gritty guitar sound, tasty playing for sure

strong vocals

enjoyed the listen!

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny!

Mix is not perfect yet, but close I think. I'll get back to it in a week or so with fresh ears.

Blue Attitude Website

#526683 - 02/28/19 07:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
The mix sounds good to us...on three different sound systems. It's well past the point where we could suggest anything.

This mix stuff is always wrapped in the system one is listening on and personal preference. It's never finished...just abandoned. IMO.

The write, arrangement, vocal/performances are what we've come to expect from you two. Meaning...excellent. The harmony is STAND OUT.

"I leave the light on 'til midnight
the whole night through
I am missing the heat
I am missing you
I can’t get no sleep"

Strong lines!

As Kenny mentioned "plenty of emotion." YES....the entire production just oozes soul!!!

And that puts it right in J&B's wheelhouse.

Kudos!

J&B

#526692 - 02/28/19 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: Rustyspoon#]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi Dave&Cris mix sounds crisp and clear well done awesome job thanks eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#526700 - 02/28/19 07:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Dave and Chris, every time you post something I know I’m in for treat. This is no exception. I think the mix sounds good. I love the write, the vocals and the fine lead playing. Simply a great listen, Tom

#526796 - 02/28/19 05:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Hi Dave,

I have - for obvious reasons - not heard all the songs you have posted here, but this is in my opinion the best one among those I have listened to. I love the chord progression, the melody, the vocal... everything is just so damn good about this song!

Really, really enjoyed it!
Will

#526828 - 03/01/19 02:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: I can't get no sleep [Re: floyd jane]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris,

Cool opening. Bass + organ - nice idea!

Chris' vocal grabs right off the bat. Smokey...

The piano has a good sound - and does some nice licks! The guitar licks after "can't get no sleep" are a bit low...(where you doubled them later, they had better impact)

The solo is Excellent! - very musical, superbly played. Tasty guitar all over the place.

Another good blues-rock write.

Y'all do outstanding music!

fj

Hi Floyd,
I'm running the piano through CLA unplugged, and I'm alternating between the held chords version and the regular version to do the licks.

You were right about that guitar part being too low, I have it doubled now and it sounds much better.

And of course thanks for the comments on the solo and the vocals smile

Blue Attitude Website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Forum Stats
32860 Members
68 Forums
66175 Topics
562063 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
VK3KKP, lonnydude, Dale Hamm, MikeHannigan, chemistsworld

32859 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 140