Index
#526586 - 02/27/19 03:57 PM [User Showcase] When The Leaves Begin To Fall
Loc: Texas
Mr.BobaLew Offline
Enthusiast

When The Leaves Begin To Fall

Copyright © & ℗ 2017 Bob Lewis ASCAP

Title cut from my November 2018 album release.

Key=Gm
Tempo 86
Length (m:s)=3:32

Style is _BNGGRSL.STY

RealTracks in style: ~711:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~714:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bossa Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~1103:Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm BossaGrooveComp Ev 085
RealDrums in Style: BossaBrushes#1: a: Brushes b: BusyBrushes

Live vocal - Mr.BobaLew
Live flute - Mr.BobaLew
Strings developed in Logic Pro 9

Tracking in Logic Pro 9
EQ
Compression
Reverb
Stereo Imaging

#526719 - 02/28/19 09:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Mr.BobaLew]
Jim Offline
Expert

This is another great song showing off not only your talents as a songwriter...
But also you mellow vocals & your ability to play lovely flute solo...
I like the warm simplicity you have given this song...
Very nice!

#526759 - 02/28/19 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Mr.BobaLew]
Mr.BobaLew Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks, Jim.

This is one of those all-too-rare all-at-once songs. Woke up with it in my head, had it on paper before the coffee was ready. And I do mean paper. I still work faster and more clearly in the sketch book at the Steinway than on the best computer app.

This one was rather personal and I wanted to sing it myself, but if I can get a female vocalist in studio I think there might be some considerable value added. We'll see.

Thanks again for your kind words!

#526793 - 02/28/19 04:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Mr.BobaLew]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
It is a nice song! I really don't think you need to get a female vocalist. You are doing fine yourself.

Thank you for sharing - I enjoyed listening!
Will

#526814 - 02/28/19 08:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Will Josef]
Mr.BobaLew Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks, Will.

I get the vocals okay, but there are so many marvelous talents out there! I want to try one or two on my projects.

#526915 - 03/01/19 12:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Mr.BobaLew]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Beautiful Bob!!! Wonderful moody piece!! The melody is gorgeous, the lyrics are engaging, and the playing is wonderful! A true gem!! Take care. Greg

#526922 - 03/01/19 02:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Greg Johnson]
Mr.BobaLew Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Greg!

Kind words are always welcome!

As I mentioned elsewhere this one was in the sketchbook before the morning coffee was in the cup. I wish they all came so easily! Some of my sketches have waited years for completion. It had to wait behind some other projects for tracking, but it tracked well, too. (I think the vocal was one take.)

Thanks for listening, and thanks for the kind words.

#527445 - 03/05/19 03:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Mr.BobaLew]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Lovely listen Bob. Very relaxing . Super vocal.

#527448 - 03/05/19 03:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Mr.BobaLew]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland

Hi, Bob !:))

What a beautiful tune
so nicely orchestrated, sung
and mixed ! A most pleasant
listen, Bob !!

I dig those nice chords
you did use, they really sound
like autumn !

Cheers
Dani

#527488 - 03/05/19 08:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Mr.BobaLew]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - this is gorgeous smile I love the progressions, and thought it perfectly captured those autumn vibes. Easy to move to, nice and relaxing, and your vocals compliment the backing tracks perfectly. Really nice production too, and it flows phenomenally well.

Great work and thanks for sharing!

#527490 - 03/05/19 08:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Mr.BobaLew]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Bob,

A nice tune. Smooth, pleasant.

Nice relaxed vocal. Excellent flute...

enjoyed the listen.

fj

#527597 - 03/05/19 11:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Scott C]
Mr.BobaLew Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks, Scott!

#527598 - 03/05/19 11:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: dani48]
Mr.BobaLew Offline
Enthusiast

Dani, thanks for the kind words.

It is wonderful to be able to try different voicing in the orchestrations.

Harmony is an unending study for me. Glad to know you like what you hear.

#527601 - 03/06/19 12:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Mr.BobaLew Offline
Enthusiast

Deryk-

Thanks! I am happy the tune resonates with other musicians - that means a lot to me.

Part of what makes the progressions work is the ability to change the extensions 'on the fly'. BIAB is so good at that!

#527602 - 03/06/19 12:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: floyd jane]
Mr.BobaLew Offline
Enthusiast

Floyd-

Thanks! That means a lot to me.

#527603 - 03/06/19 12:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Mr.BobaLew]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
It's a very sudden start.
With vocal so very far forward in the mix a little treatment of plosives and esses would be useful.
The added flute really makes this stand out from it's fairly tame but very popular early 60s style arrangement.
The song reminded me of Never Was A Love though without the very hip/Brill Building tempo/style change.
Lovely song, regardless of my quibbles.
Lovely song.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#527664 - 03/06/19 09:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: rayc]
Mr.BobaLew Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks, rayc!

#527685 - 03/06/19 12:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Mr.BobaLew]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Cool stuff there. Certainly a crooner style song. Something that Bing Crosby might sing. Nice work on the vox and the flute is excellent. Your voice really fits this style of music well.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#527722 - 03/06/19 06:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Leaves Begin To Fall [Re: Guitarhacker]
Mr.BobaLew Offline
Enthusiast

GH-

It is rather made to measure! Thanks for the good words.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32841 Members
68 Forums
66126 Topics
561470 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
uhv14437@cuoly.c, Chris52, EyalSavab, Christmas Music, Calceus

32841 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 175
VideoTrack 154