All color is gone
Played my cards
And that's what you've done
As we know now
This love
This love is long gone

Outro vamp:
Bitten Twice

04/23: Uploaded to soundcloud, here: Bitten twice (sound is better on reverbnation IMHO)

All comments welcome!

Edited by BlueAttitude (04/23/19 10:13 AM)
Edit Reason: added soundcloud link

Blue Attitude Website

#533855 - 04/22/19 08:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Dave / Chris,

This is my new favorite from you both... This one has a very cool Heart vibe and feel, but also extremely fresh sounding.

A great smokey vocal by Chris and the guitar tone is stellar. You have never sounded better Dave!

The production is also top notch - this would come through the radio with no problem.

Loved it all!

Bob

#533858 - 04/22/19 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Excellent track Dave/Chris! The lead guitar figure is VERY hooky and the vocal suitably laid back in the mood of the song. Great lead work and tone Dave.

John
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#533861 - 04/22/19 08:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi BlueAttitude, this is excellent! The arrangement is wonderful to the ears and I really dug the chord progression. The piano is a nice touch!

#533879 - 04/22/19 11:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Dave/Chris,

A very cool Blues Rock song - of course!

Wonderful smokey vocal. Terrific backing tracks. Those drums sound great. And you (once again) put that bass "right in the pocket!" Excellent mix. Everything right where it needs to be...

Dave - your guitar on this is SO lyrical... the best kind of guitar playing (I think). Awesome.

Another super song from the two of you.

fj

#533901 - 04/22/19 03:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
It definitely sounds like you had a lot of fun with this one! Awesome job.

#533919 - 04/22/19 04:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Another awesome vocal and lyric from Chris. Your guitar tracks sound awesome as well. Very cool backtrack. Very cool mix. Song had a live feel to it on my monitors. WEll done..

#533924 - 04/22/19 05:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Dave and Chris, I echo Johns sentiments about the lead work and tone....fantastic!! A great "blue" tune that Chris's voice is perfect for! The song just has a vibe that reaches way down in the listeners soul! You both are pro's in my book! Thanks, Torrey

#533931 - 04/22/19 07:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Dave & Chris
Very catchy and full of great sounds, yet listens very easy without any residue. Got this special vintage vibe, which takes very special skill and magic to create. Everything from music to production is A+ Title is a killer!
Enjoyed it much!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#533935 - 04/22/19 07:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

What is that chord hit about "fight" in the first verse and held? Maybe it's just its place in the progression, but it is ugly pretty. Tangmo likes. This is well put together and the leads and vocals play very well together.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#533962 - 04/23/19 08:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

What a tune! You can hear the joy put into this. A really energetic and well textured tune. The guitar tones are stunning and pair with the vocals backing tracks beautifully.

A solid write and really great song all around - thanks for sharing smile

#533975 - 04/23/19 10:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave / Chris,

This is my new favorite from you both... This one has a very cool Heart vibe and feel, but also extremely fresh sounding.

A great smokey vocal by Chris and the guitar tone is stellar. You have never sounded better Dave!

The production is also top notch - this would come through the radio with no problem.

Loved it all!

Bob

Very generous comments, and I'm happy you liked this one!

Thanks, Bob! smile

Blue Attitude Website

#533977 - 04/23/19 10:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Enjoyable vocals and guitar playing, lovely chording. Nice reverb on the drums.

Janne

#534019 - 04/23/19 06:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Very nice, Dave and Chris! Great job on the vocals, and I love the guitar work on this. At times, your guitar lead has a little bit of a Phil Keaggy feel to it. Just about as high a compliment there can be for a guitar player, if you are not familiar with Keaggy. Really enjoyed this.

Steve

#534044 - 04/24/19 03:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: Skyline]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Skyline
Excellent track Dave/Chris! The lead guitar figure is VERY hooky and the vocal suitably laid back in the mood of the song. Great lead work and tone Dave.

John

Always nice to hear from a fellow guitarist!

Thanks, John smile

Blue Attitude Website

#534046 - 04/24/19 04:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Dave,

You and Chris have certainly set the bar high on the forum with this one. I'm a huge fan of the AABA format and it suits this presentation so, so well. As floyd has already mentioned, your guitar playing is lyrical, like singing. It's like a duet between you and Chris's sizzling singing.

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PRODUCTION!

All the best,
Noel

#534087 - 04/24/19 09:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Well we listened several times on SC so that we can add it to our favorites playlist smile But we will also listed on RN.

We like floyd's description of "smokey vocal," yeah!

And your guitar is simply sublime.

EVERYTHING including the arrangement, the write, the performances, RT/RD choice and the mix is excellent.

You two definitely have a signature sound...one always immediately knows that it's BlueAttitude BUT your blues rock tent is very big and you incorporate a lot of other genres and subtleties into your productions.

Could go on and on but had rather check out the RN version!

J&B

#534106 - 04/24/19 02:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
The vocals & guitar work are very sensual & beautiful while describing the heartache of the lyrics...
You & Chris certainly make a dynamic songwriting & performance combination...
Good job on this one...
I enjoyed listening to it!

#534152 - 04/24/19 05:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: Joe -PG Music]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi BlueAttitude, this is excellent! The arrangement is wonderful to the ears and I really dug the chord progression. The piano is a nice touch!

Thanks, Joe, I appreciate the listen and comments!

Blue Attitude Website

#534169 - 04/24/19 09:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Bitten Twice [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi!

WOW! This is just so solid and ear-pleasing! Chris is such a great interpreter of lyric and style. And your guitar is out of this world great! As previously mentioned, you two have such an identifiable signature sound.

Kudos on the mix! Again ... WOW! Wishing both of you the very best ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Forum Stats
32860 Members
68 Forums
66175 Topics
562061 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
VK3KKP, lonnydude, Dale Hamm, MikeHannigan, chemistsworld

32859 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 140