Options
Index
#534971 - 05/01/19 06:45 AM [User Showcase] TELL ME WHY
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Hi everybody,

although I love it so much I haven’t been to the Forum for many weeks now and I am sure I have missed a lot of great songs. But my love Maha has been very ill since January and to be honest she’s even worse now than she was then. So I’m on duty 24/7 (that’s at least what it feels like) and I don’t have the time (and even more the peace) to come here and I’m afraid that this will go for the next weeks, too..

Some of you may remember that Maha does all the sound jobs on my songs and since she’s unable to continue this at the moment there is sort of a mixing bottleneck. And, of course, she can neither act in our videos. I could ask a friend (a former studio owner) to do the sound stuff, but that would take the rest of that little optimism she still has.

So there will be a small waterfall of songs and videos as soon as she’s OK again , but in order to have you remember us for the time being here’s the last project we’ve finished so far (in late 2018 when life was still carefree). Again it’s a very funny thing (at least if you share our and our friends’ sense of humour.. .) and we had an incredible lot of fun working on it.

VIDEO (with lyrics)

AUDIO (with lyrics)

AUDIO (on Soundcloud)

Warning: The intro is looooong, but if you skip it you will never get to know what a dream recorder is and what all men (yes, you, too!) usually dream about in their sleep. And you'll miss Maha's awesome appearamce as a TV host.

The song is a rocking little thing, telling two incredible stories - these are the musical data:

Basic style is _ROAD_OR.STY (Fast Even 8ths Blues w/ Organ ), but I changed quite a lot and actzally kept only bass and organ RTs:

RealDrums in style: BluesBBEven8^01-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
(Replaced by own drums using MP Power Drums)

RealTracks in style: ~579:Bass, Electric, Blues Roadhouse Ev 120

RealTracks in style: ~584:Guitar, Resophonic, Rhythm Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 580:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Roadhouse
Ev 120
Instead used these guitar tracks: RT 582, RT 1718,RT 1719

RealTracks in style: ~674:Organ, B3, Background Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
(Special usage of the organ here: re-generated it on an additional track and swapped channels on it)

Maha and I would be happy if you enjoyed the whole thing.

All the best,

Stefan

#534977 - 05/01/19 06:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

What an odd and delightfully intriguing video! Really dug the overall quirkiness of this. Very fun sounding song too, the drums do play nicely with the rest of the instrumentation. Thanks for sharing!

#534988 - 05/01/19 09:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
First of all, very sorry to hear that Maha is still not feeling good! Hopefully that will sort itself out soon.

On to the video, brilliant! Loved the concept, and the intro and outro is fun.

And also really enjoyed the song and the performance. I’m fan of your guitar playing, nice phrasing, tone, and you never overplay.

Best to you and Maha.

#534989 - 05/01/19 10:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

cool stuff... that was a lot of work... and well done.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#534990 - 05/01/19 10:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Stefan...
I always look forward to seeing your videos...
Even though I often have to pause or rewind...
to see all the quirky things within the video smile...
I pray Maha recovers quickly so we can all be blessed with more of your creativity!

#535028 - 05/01/19 02:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Wow, what a multimedia experience. And a lot of fun. Best to your Maha, hope she can get well and do some more videos.

#535069 - 05/01/19 06:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Stefan,
Tell Maha she needs to get better soon! We need you here!
Awesome video. I remember we watched it with my wife and enjoyed it much!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#535072 - 05/01/19 07:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Good thoughts for Maha.

This was so much fun. I think my favorite of yours. I had a Laugh Out Loud moment when the first dinosaur appears screen right. Surreal. The lyrical story is very funny too. Band sounds great, and the vocals, harmonies, and leads were right in the pocket. A big time.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#535099 - 05/02/19 03:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Cool fun and a nice, solid groove.
You're a classic.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#535174 - 05/02/19 03:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Stefan ...

I, too, have been absent for most of the past few months for the same reasons as you. I can fully fully empathize with your situation. First, Di and I wish the very best for Maha ... a full recovery, and soon. We will keep her in our prayers. She is so talented and I know, from our personal messages, she is a wonderful lady and wife.

The song and video are terrific!

Ich liebe alles über dieses Projekt ... deine Vorstellung und deine Endübergabe. Einfach fabelhaft!

That was too much fun! You are not only a gifted singer and musician ... you are s a complete and wonderful entertainer. What a great video and song!

Wishing both of you the very best.

Alan - Di, too!

Maha: Wir hoffen, dass Du sich völlig von deine Krankheit bald erholen. Du und Stefan sind gute Freunde zu uns.

Edited by Al-David (05/02/19 04:00 PM)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#535175 - 05/02/19 04:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Hi Stefan,

I'm so sorry to hear that Maha is still ill and suffering. All my good thoughts go to her - I wish and hope she will be fine again soon!

I liked the video a lot - you really have your own style which is very recognizable and it is always fun to see and hear what your great imaginative mind has created.

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Will

#535183 - 05/02/19 05:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I hope Maha feels better soon! Sorry to hear that you guys are having a hard time right now, but thank for your taking the time to share some of your content with us on the forums!

#535239 - 05/03/19 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Your video was excellent. Very creative. Loved the song. Super vocal. Really moves along. Well done...

#535275 - 05/03/19 05:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Stefan,

This is great! So musicianship on show in every single aspect of this presentation. Loved it.

Very, very enjoyable from start to finish.

All the best,
Noel

#535455 - 05/05/19 05:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
Stefan,

So sorry to hear about Maha's illness. I hope she recovers soon.

I always enjoy you humor. This was great--the funniest set of lyrics I've heard in a long time. I enjoyed the video too. Hahahahahaaaaa!

#535459 - 05/05/19 07:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Joe -PG Music]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
What an odd and delightfully intriguing video! Really dug the overall quirkiness of this. Very fun sounding song too, the drums do play nicely with the rest of the instrumentation. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, Joe - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Stefan

#535460 - 05/05/19 07:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: BlueAttitude]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
First of all, very sorry to hear that Maha is still not feeling good! Hopefully that will sort itself out soon.

On to the video, brilliant! Loved the concept, and the intro and outro is fun.

And also really enjoyed the song and the performance. I’m fan of your guitar playing, nice phrasing, tone, and you never overplay.

Best to you and Maha.

Dear Dave,

thank you so much for your good wishes - I'm sure they will help Maha to recover.

And also thank you very much for your kind words about TELL ME WHY - I really appreciate everything you said a lot.

Hope to be a regular to this forum again soon.

All the best,

Stefan

#535463 - 05/05/19 07:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Guitarhacker]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
cool stuff... that was a lot of work... and well done.

Thanks, Herb, I really appreciate your kind words. Yes, it was a lot of work, but most of all a lot of fun. And what's an old fart supposed to do instead ...?

Cheers,

Stefan

#535464 - 05/05/19 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: Jim]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Jim
Stefan...
I always look forward to seeing your videos...
Even though I often have to pause or rewind...
to see all the quirky things within the video smile...
I pray Maha recovers quickly so we can all be blessed with more of your creativity!

Dear Jim,

first of all I want to thank you for your good wishes - Maha was very happy to hear about them.

And thanks a lot for your very kind words about my videos - yes, after I designed the general layout of everything I take a lot of extra time to [*****] up things with all thos 'quirky' (I like that word) details, and I am especually glad, when viewers takle the time to discover them.

Once again, thanks a lot, Jim, and all the best to you and yours,

Stefan

#535465 - 05/05/19 07:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: TELL ME WHY [Re: TuneMonger]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Wow, what a multimedia experience. And a lot of fun. Best to your Maha, hope she can get well and do some more videos.

Hi Tunemonger,

thanks a lot for your positive and kind feedback on TELL ME WHY and even more for your good wishes to Maha.

Best regards,

Stefan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

We've just released some amazing new Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Adding the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase? No need to buy this separately, MultiStyles PAK 1 is included with it! www.pgmusic.com/addons.multistyles.php?os=win

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Forum Stats
33267 Members
67 Forums
66395 Topics
568816 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
HiTide, Lucverleure, Afrolatinlounge, 2Large, Spectrumit

33266 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 265
Matt Finley 250