Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#541469 - 06/17/19 04:34 PM [User Showcase] *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing)
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Hi all. Had some fun with this great style. (POKEY.STY Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) I put some distortion on the "don't come round" vocal.
All comments welcome.Rob

Dont Come Over

Well don't come over to my house and push me all around.
Oh don't come over to my house and look me up and down.

Your wicked words wont break my bones mean not a thing to me.
You keep banging on the door to catch a glimpse of me don't come around.

Bridge

Well don't come over to my house the curtains have been drawn.
Oh don't come over to my house now you have been warned.

Your wicked words don't mean a thing not one thing to me.
You keep on banging on the door to catch a glimpse of me don't come around.

Bridge

Well don't come over to my house I soon will be gone.
Oh don't come over to my house you'll never right your wrongs.

Your wicked words wont break my bones mean not a thing to me.
You keep banging on the door to catch a glimpse of me don't come around.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Untitled Song
File:Dont come over.SGU
Key=Dm , Tempo 180, Length (m:s)=2:49
4 bar intro, 120 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 124. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,RealDrums Changes,
Style is _POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing)

RealTracks in style: 2907:Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySwingByron Sw 190
RealTracks in style: ~2401:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RockabillyJiveKevin Sw 190
RealTracks in style: ~815:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Western Swing Sw 190
RealTracks in style: 3298:Guitar, Electric, Soloist ChickenPickinWesternSwingJohnny Sw 165
RealDrums [in style:RockabillySwing^02-a:Tom, b:Shaker

Mixed with Studio One. Vocals my self

#541483 - 06/17/19 05:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Interesting use of Style here. This song has a certain rawness to it I appreciate. Thanks for sharing!

#541515 - 06/18/19 01:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
This reminded me of early Violent Femmes as much as Rockabilly.
Though the femmes used a big acoustic bass guitar rather than a slap stand up.
I really enjoyed the sound and the narrative.
the structure was unusual - but that's cool too.
Cool stuff Rob.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#541521 - 06/18/19 02:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Rob,

A cheerful song (in a way), but I thought you always like people in your house. Did that change? (joke)
But I liked the way you sang it, the doubles, the radio-voice. Nicely done!
I have one tiny point: The instruments were a bit soft in relation to your voice. Especially the piano.
But it could be my ears...

Hans

#541572 - 06/18/19 08:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
I really like this song...
You always do quality work but one seems to stand out...
Good job!

#541574 - 06/18/19 08:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
I love everything about this.

Jaunty style, interesting production, Tom Waits growl... the only thing it's missing is a wah-wah trumpet solo.

Excellent! laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#541621 - 06/18/19 12:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing...and rockabilly swings!

There's nothing to not like here.

It's a strong fun production and the processed vocal is so cool!

J&B

#541638 - 06/18/19 03:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Ember - PG Music]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Interesting use of Style here. This song has a certain rawness to it I appreciate. Thanks for sharing!

Many thanks for listening Ember. Rob

#541639 - 06/18/19 03:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: rayc]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
This reminded me of early Violent Femmes as much as Rockabilly.
Though the femmes used a big acoustic bass guitar rather than a slap stand up.
I really enjoyed the sound and the narrative.
the structure was unusual - but that's cool too.
Cool stuff Rob.

Thanks for the encouragement Ray.
Also thank for the video I really enjoyed the song. Rob

#541684 - 06/18/19 08:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Birchwood]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Rob,

A cheerful song (in a way), but I thought you always like people in your house. Did that change? (joke)
But I liked the way you sang it, the doubles, the radio-voice. Nicely done!
I have one tiny point: The instruments were a bit soft in relation to your voice. Especially the piano.
But it could be my ears...

Hans

Hello Hans. You are welcome to come over any time.
Thanks for the tip on the volume. Rob

#541696 - 06/18/19 10:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Rob,

Terrific tune . . . love the vibe, the feel, the whole thing . . . some nice production touches throughout (e.g., the “megaphone-like” backing vocal that chimes in from time to time). Really slick . . . and I love the vocal on this one. Loved it!

Best regards,

Deej

#541826 - 06/19/19 01:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool bouncy song. Guitar was excellent. Super vocal and backtrack Rob

#541828 - 06/19/19 01:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Rob4580]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Yeah this is different and a great use of this style, loved the vocals.. and this is all fitting neatly/tightly on my monitors going for another listen with the headphones now.

Thanks

#541843 - 06/19/19 03:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Jim]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Hello Jim. Many thanks for listening.

#541844 - 06/19/19 03:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Rob4580]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hello Rob, thanks for sharing this! I found this very easy to listen and the instruments are layered nicely. Looking forward to hear more!

#541850 - 06/19/19 03:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: dcuny]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
I love everything about this.

Jaunty style, interesting production, Tom Waits growl... the only thing it's missing is a wah-wah trumpet solo.

Excellent! laugh

Hello David. Thanks for your comment. Haven't seen you round for awhile hope all is good. Rob

Edited by Rob4580 (06/20/19 02:52 PM)

#541868 - 06/19/19 05:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Rob, the swing/rockabilly feel in this really works well! Just a really neat tune with your standard excellent vocals! That guitar solo was a great choice! Thanks, Torrey

#542020 - 06/20/19 02:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing...and rockabilly swings!

There's nothing to not like here.

It's a strong fun production and the processed vocal is so cool!

J&B

Thank you Janice and Bud.

#542021 - 06/20/19 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Deej56]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Rob,

Terrific tune . . . love the vibe, the feel, the whole thing . . . some nice production touches throughout (e.g., the “megaphone-like” backing vocal that chimes in from time to time). Really slick . . . and I love the vocal on this one. Loved it!

Best regards,

Deej

Thank you for your comment Deej. Rob

#542022 - 06/20/19 02:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: *New* Dont Come Over_POKEY.STY (Pokey Pickin Rockabilly Swing) [Re: Scott C]
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool bouncy song. Guitar was excellent. Super vocal and backtrack Rob

Thank you Scott.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!

Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Check out some of the latest Band-in-a-Box® feedback we've received:

"There's a saying 'Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.' That's exactly what my friend did in 1990. He taught me how to use BIAB and I've used it hundreds of time to do arraignment and to jam with any style band."

"Love BIAB. I use it daily. Their support is great too!"

"RealTracks are amazing!!! I use BIAB for backtracks in my solo act... Still using the basic package and it's all need..."

"I have used Band in A Box for many years. If it would have been around when I was young, I would have been a much better musician. I use it for all my songs I have written and recorded. With Band In A Box I can sit in my room and sound like a whole band without having to put up with them!"

"If you know something about music and take the time to learn the program, you can make it do some amazing things. It is a great help to songwriters who want to demo their song without paying for studio time. It makes changes and tweaks much easier as well."

"Been using it for so many years. It's a great tool. The instruments that I don't have or play make up the void and it saves so much time. I use this program for every song I write."

"Great tool for the songwriter!"

"An essential part of my studio! I write songs on piano, but I'm not a pianist by a long way. BIAB is like having a roomful of session players in your studio, and just the simple act of taking your basic idea and hearing a skilled pianist play it presents so many new ideas and options you hadn't thought of."

"Powerful, easy to use, inexpensive and they even split the modest payments up if you want. No complaints. Lots of satisfaction."

"I added a steel guitar to a fully produced original. He followed every change like he was in the studio reading the chart. Fascinating technology!"

"I have used it to make backing tracks for six CD's with about 12 songs on each. They make a great gift!"

"It's simply a necessity - buy it now - the staff and support do a great job as well!"

"A great tool for us songwriters!"

"I LOVE Band-in-a-Box!"

"I see it as a very worthwhile investment. In fact, from initial purchase about 8 years ago, using the backing tracks I have made, my income from that investment has returned over 5,000% on the investment!"

continued...

Do you have something to say about Band-in-a-Box®? Post your own thoughts for Windows or Mac version today!

Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Forum Stats
34902 Members
66 Forums
70912 Topics
614281 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Fiddlecat, cebodorr1, emeraldopia, jojo34, otomawak

34901 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
swingbabymix 216
VideoTrack 214