Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#543081 - 06/27/19 02:01 PM [User Showcase] The Lightkeeper`s Waltz
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

There are a few lighthouse related songs out there.If you enjoy romance-of-the-sea with a supernatural twist, please have a listen to my contribution.

The Lightkeeper`s Waltz

Style is _SEDATE.STY (Sedate Celtic Waltz Trio)

RealTracks in style: 3268:Cello, Background CelticWaltzNatalie Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 3288:Guitar, Nylon, Fingerpicking CelticWaltz Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 3287:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking CelticWaltz Ev 100

The Light Keeper`s Waltz

all he remembers
falls rises with the sea
a shell the tide uncovers
as her ship sails out of reach

his beam signals warning
like the wink of a mad man`s eye
the light keeper talking
with the better half of his sky

you trim the wick
I`ll strike the match
slowly turns the helix
waltz with me
around our prism palace
come back to the light
for a farewell kiss

sworn to outshine the stars
together hostage of the sea
he curses those careless stars
writes her name in the log entry

shadows vine the tower
climbing back years with every rung
no ghost incandescent vapour
the keeper`s wife is ever young

you trim the wick
I`ll strike the match
slowly turns the helix
waltz with me
around our prism palace
come back to the light
for a farewell kiss

come back to the light

© Robert Cordrey Feb. 2019

#543087 - 06/27/19 02:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Robert, your lyrics are so deep with meaning, it's hard to grasp it all in one pass! I so admire your skill in this area! This is quite a lovely tune with wonderful instrumentation that is mixed beautifully! A great job on the vocal too! Thanks, Torrey

#543088 - 06/27/19 02:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a tune smile It is so delicate and memorable - your vocals float like water of the instrumentation, and the lyrics really tell a vivid story. You really did something special here.

Thanks so much for sharing!

#543094 - 06/27/19 03:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Robert,

Another lovely delicate piece, well performed.
Enjoyed the vocal chord progression and the lyrics which are always interesting and worth further examination.
Nicely done.

Peter

#543099 - 06/27/19 04:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
I really like your vocals on this one & the way you delivered your lyrics ...
I also enjoyed your mysterious lyrics...
Particularly...
Quote:
his beam signals warning
the light keeper talking

Its hard to determine whether you are singing about a woman or a ship...
I really think its a ship...
Either way I enjoyed it!

#543100 - 06/27/19 04:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Robert, you are a master of lyrics, i.e. very deep but they flow extremely beautifully. Your vocal is excellent and your mix is top shelf.

Great song.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#543129 - 06/27/19 06:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Another intriguing song with delicious words. This is an ambitious lyric, and it takes much work to get words like that to fit a melody, I think. You've done well and I enjoyed it with your very good singing.

#543133 - 06/27/19 09:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
I lovely concept and a lovely execution of it.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#543157 - 06/28/19 12:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Robert ...

You are an exceptional lyricist. Your lyrics always paint indelible images. Loved the cello, though brief. YUou simply own this genre. what a great listen!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#543180 - 06/28/19 06:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Robert,

A nice job of "painting the lighthouse picture". Like a movie...

The instrumentation is well chosen, the vocal and mix good. There were times that the lyric seemed to be "trying too hard" to fit the melody??

fj

#543198 - 06/28/19 08:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Jim]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Robert, your lyrics are so deep with meaning, it's hard to grasp it all in one pass! I so admire your skill in this area! This is quite a lovely tune with wonderful instrumentation that is mixed beautifully! A great job on the vocal too! Thanks, Torrey

Torrey,
Thank you for those encouraging comments.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - what a tune smile It is so delicate and memorable - your vocals float like water of the instrumentation, and the lyrics really tell a vivid story. You really did something special here.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Good to hear the vocals carry the tune easily, Deryk.
Thanks for those very kind comments.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Robert,

Another lovely delicate piece, well performed.
Enjoyed the vocal chord progression and the lyrics which are always interesting and worth further examination.
Nicely done.

Peter

Peter,
The intention was romantic - "delicate" works for me too.
I appreciate your listen and thoughts.

Originally Posted By: Jim
I really like your vocals on this one & the way you delivered your lyrics ...
I also enjoyed your mysterious lyrics...
Particularly...
Quote:
his beam signals warning
the light keeper talking

Its hard to determine whether you are singing about a woman or a ship...
I really think its a ship...
Either way I enjoyed it!

Jim,
I`m glad you found the lyrics enjoyable... I won`t argue the meaning!
Thanks for your listen.

Robert

#543211 - 06/28/19 10:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Robert,

All I can say is that this song is stunning...

Bob

#543304 - 06/28/19 07:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Tangmo Online   content
Expert

Wonderful imagery. Lovely progression in that waltz-time. You soft vocal carries it all very well.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#543345 - 06/29/19 10:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Special

I like what Torrey had to say

"Robert, your lyrics are so deep with meaning, it's hard to grasp it all in one pass! I so admire your skill in this area!"

your vocal is very good on this too

great song

#543374 - 06/29/19 02:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Beautifully done Robert!!! The waltz is the perfect format for this song. Your vocal may be your best ever.....love the alternating more heavy fx. Love the cello...perfect! Some wonderful lyrics (as usual). One of my faves of a lot of great ones!! Take care. Greg

#543409 - 06/29/19 03:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: rsdean]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Robert, you are a master of lyrics, i.e. very deep but they flow extremely beautifully. Your vocal is excellent and your mix is top shelf.

Great song.

Mario,
I appreciate your liking the sound of the lyrics as well as the meaning.
Thank you!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Another intriguing song with delicious words. This is an ambitious lyric, and it takes much work to get words like that to fit a melody, I think. You've done well and I enjoyed it with your very good singing.

That`s very kind and much appreciated!

Originally Posted By: rayc
I lovely concept and a lovely execution of it.

In a way it is a "concept" song as I wrote it to be the closing track on a collection of story type folk songs.
Thanks for your listen.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Robert ...

You are an exceptional lyricist. Your lyrics always paint indelible images. Loved the cello, though brief. YUou simply own this genre. what a great listen!

Alan

Thank you for your ongoing support,Alan.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert,

A nice job of "painting the lighthouse picture". Like a movie...

The instrumentation is well chosen, the vocal and mix good. There were times that the lyric seemed to be "trying too hard" to fit the melody??

fj

Floyd,
Thanks for the positives.
I`ve read about some about the rigours of building and operating the old pre-automation lighthouses- its one of those subjects where a little suggestion gives listeners instant pictures.
I went back & forth about the phrase "incandescent vapor" being not easily singeable, otherwise I`d need examples of what you hear.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Robert,

All I can say is that this song is stunning...

Bob

Thank you!

Robert

#543443 - 06/29/19 07:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Robert,
Beautiful! Fairy tale like. Very interesting lyrically, and you bend those lyrics masterfully!
I enjoyed this tune very much!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#543456 - 06/29/19 11:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Nicely done! The guitar strings are almost like a music box that draws the listener into the story.

Like Jim, I wasn't entirely sure if you were singing about a woman or a ship, or a bit of both.

The ambiguity works well here.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#543584 - 06/30/19 05:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Greg Johnson]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Wonderful imagery. Lovely progression in that waltz-time. You soft vocal carries it all very well.

Thanks.I realised the other day I`m more comfortable in a higher key now than in my youth... the quaver of age coming naturally.

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Special

I like what Torrey had to say

"Robert, your lyrics are so deep with meaning, it's hard to grasp it all in one pass! I so admire your skill in this area!"

your vocal is very good on this too

great song

That`s appreciated Kenny!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautifully done Robert!!! The waltz is the perfect format for this song. Your vocal may be your best ever.....love the alternating more heavy fx. Love the cello...perfect! Some wonderful lyrics (as usual). One of my faves of a lot of great ones!! Take care. Greg

Greg,
I learnt that technique of low volume harmonising key phrases in the verses from Joanne Cooper...mine still need a tweak in places here I think.
Many thanks for your generous comments.

Robert

#543594 - 06/30/19 11:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Robert !

What a lovely tune so
delicately performed !
this must be one of
your absolute best at
least it is my Robfav
from now on !:))

Cheers
Dani

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32846 Members
68 Forums
66147 Topics
561636 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
AveryT, Hans Franz 12, Marik, midisynth, uhv14437@cuoly.c

32845 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 154