Options
Index
#544153 - 07/05/19 05:49 AM [User Showcase] Valentines Way
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Valentines Way

VALENTINES WAY (2019, Christiane Spruit)

The lights getting low
without a shadow
a dark glowing moon
hangs heavy on the wall of my room

Drops in the drain
do sound the same
they fall, lose and die
like tears roll down and dry

As the crow flies
to hell and to paradise
all nights turn into dawn
as life carries on

Gone for a day
on valentines way

The band:

533:Bass, Electric, 12-8 Crystal Sw 065
~526:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 065

I used EZDrummer2 to build the drum track.
I'm playing the electric guitar parts and Chris is playing the piano part.

Production notes:
Mixed with reaper, mastered with Ozone8.

Guitars (used my tele) are recorded direct and are going through S-Gear and/or PRS amp sims processed with CLA Unplugged.

Piano processed with CLA Unplugged, Bass with CLA Bass, Acoustic with CLA Unplugged and Drums with CLA Drums (I love the CLA series!)

I used melodyne on the Bass track to tighten up the timing (changed the feel from Swing to Even)

This song is 75 BPM 6/8 time. To build the track using BIAB I reduced the chord durations by 1/2 and reduced the tempo to 50 BPM (75 * 2/3)

You can also listen on soundcloud: Valentines Way on Soundcloud

As always we appreciate any and all comments!

Edited by BlueAttitude (07/07/19 03:47 AM)
Edit Reason: added soundcloud link

Blue Attitude Website

#544201 - 07/05/19 09:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
You & Chris surely create wonderful compositions together...
Her beautiful voice & your superb guitar work always compliment each other...
I really the line...
Quote:
a dark glowing moon

Congratulations for that vivid image...
And another outstanding collaboration!

Edited by Jim (07/05/19 09:47 AM)

#544239 - 07/05/19 12:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Dave & Chris,

Another exceptional effort from the two of you...

Everything sounds good. Nice piano. All kinds of excellent guitar! Nice vocals.

Excellent mix.

Elegant music. Great listening.

fj

#544259 - 07/05/19 03:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
I like it! It feels like a short poem or haiku - giving the emotional outlines without specifics.

Sonically, this excellent. The vocals and guitars are standout. A real treat for the ears! laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#544267 - 07/05/19 04:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Dave / Christiane,

What a great dark and brooding ballad... The vocals and guitar lines are just perfect - great mix as well. The clarity of this production is really stunning - pro all the way.

Loved it!

Bob

#544313 - 07/06/19 12:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave / Chris

Firstly you are getting good with those EZ - Drums nice build up.
Chris sounds great - and a nice overall mix.
Lovely clean tone on the guitar solo - and overdriven guitar is well mixed in.

Another really nice production.

Peter

#544352 - 07/06/19 07:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
This sounds like a classic heavy ballad, but you have selected more softer approach with cleaner solo guitar - and it sounds really beautiful. Melodically very strong. Nice contrast in the lyrics hell/paradise and night/dawn, kind of optimistic in the end when life carries on. Excellent playing and singing once again.

Janne

#544363 - 07/06/19 08:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Loving what David said: "I like it! It feels like a short poem or haiku - giving the emotional outlines without specifics."

And it is stunningly delivered with Chris's haunting vocal and piano...wow!

There are enough tasty guitar licks in the production to supply a room of guitar pickers for a LONG time. Excellent.

The info on how you worked with the time signature is fascinating and informative...albeit above my (Bud) paygrade!

We much look forward to the SC version to add to our fav playlist.

Outstanding! You two have an impressive level of consistent excellence -- never a "filler" tune.

J&B

#544391 - 07/06/19 01:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great work on this Dave! Really dig the signal chain you used too. You nailed the vocals too!

#544409 - 07/06/19 02:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
WOW, this is a gem!! You guys get better all the time.....sweet guitar, and Chris' vocal is AWESOME!! Another great tune!! Take care. Greg

#544443 - 07/06/19 06:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
This is cool and the lovely vocals match the excellent arrangement.
the only thing I'm not 100% on is the kick/bass drum tone. It's very modern and clicky - if you could EQ the click away it'd sound right for the song.
Lovely stuff - lead tone is cool - particularly for a sim.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#544490 - 07/07/19 12:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Wonderful job on this Dave! Such a haunting lovely sound! The tone on the guitar in the solo (which was great) is fantastic! Chris's vocal is stellar as usual! It occurred to me while listening that if she tried to do some Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart) stuff, she would absolutely be killer with it! Anyway, great job! Thanks, Torrey

#544501 - 07/07/19 12:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Dave & Chris,
Congrats on your new song!
Quality of this is outstanding. Beautiful artistic composition!
Guitars are super sweet and crisp. Chris vocals rock!
This definitely makes into top tier songs here for 2019.
I enjoyed it much!

P.S. Dave, thank you for taking time in writing out ingredients. I have heard some good things about ezdrummer, it worked out very nicely for this piece.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#544506 - 07/07/19 01:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Dave and Chris,

What a nice, sweet song.
It's composed very good and the vocals are as beautiful as in Summers High, although more modest.
I liked the piano at the start of the song and how it builds up with the other instruments.
One tiny thing: where the singer sings ...'wayiyaiyai'(fonetic) I would prefer a more stretched 'waaayyyy'
Now it distracts a little bit. That is a pity. But you're the boss...

Hans

#544570 - 07/08/19 02:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: rsdean]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Jim
You & Chris surely create wonderful compositions together...
Her beautiful voice & your superb guitar work always compliment each other...
I really the line...
Quote:
a dark glowing moon

Congratulations for that vivid image...
And another outstanding collaboration!

Hi Jim,
That is my favorite line too. Thanks for the support and kind words, we appreciate it!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris,

Another exceptional effort from the two of you...

Everything sounds good. Nice piano. All kinds of excellent guitar! Nice vocals.

Excellent mix.

Elegant music. Great listening.

fj

Hmmm, might be the first time anyone has used "Elegant" to describe our music. I like it!
Thanks, floyd smile

Originally Posted By: dcuny
I like it! It feels like a short poem or haiku - giving the emotional outlines without specifics.

Sonically, this excellent. The vocals and guitars are standout. A real treat for the ears! laugh

Christiane is really into poetry, including haiku. That sort of thing is way above my pay grade, I'm just the guitar player wink
Thanks, David, happy you likes this!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave / Christiane,

What a great dark and brooding ballad... The vocals and guitar lines are just perfect - great mix as well. The clarity of this production is really stunning - pro all the way.

Loved it!

Bob

Hi Bob,
Thanks as always for your listen and comments!

Blue Attitude Website

#544631 - 07/08/19 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: rsdean]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave / Christiane,

Loved it!

Bob

Plus one to that. The piano intro and clear guitar tone are just right
Moody and simply brilliant!

Robert

#544657 - 07/08/19 05:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
So good! I really don't have words that are good enough to show you how much
I love this song! it is so well-produced and captivating...
Christiane has a fantastic voice... you are very lucky that you have a singer of that standard to work with!

Wonderful performance from both of you!
Will

#544688 - 07/08/19 08:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Very pretty. Extra nice chord work and writing. Sounds good and feels right.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#544697 - 07/09/19 03:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: Janice & Bud]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave / Chris

Firstly you are getting good with those EZ - Drums nice build up.
Chris sounds great - and a nice overall mix.
Lovely clean tone on the guitar solo - and overdriven guitar is well mixed in.

Another really nice production.

Peter

I'm having a lot of fun with EZDrummer, getting better with it the more I use it I guess.

Thanks, Peter!

Originally Posted By: jannesan
This sounds like a classic heavy ballad, but you have selected more softer approach with cleaner solo guitar - and it sounds really beautiful. Melodically very strong. Nice contrast in the lyrics hell/paradise and night/dawn, kind of optimistic in the end when life carries on. Excellent playing and singing once again.

Janne

Yes, I'm trying to get more melodic with the guitar in my old age.

Thanks, Janne!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Loving what David said: "I like it! It feels like a short poem or haiku - giving the emotional outlines without specifics."

And it is stunningly delivered with Chris's haunting vocal and piano...wow!

There are enough tasty guitar licks in the production to supply a room of guitar pickers for a LONG time. Excellent.

The info on how you worked with the time signature is fascinating and informative...albeit above my (Bud) paygrade!

We much look forward to the SC version to add to our fav playlist.

Outstanding! You two have an impressive level of consistent excellence -- never a "filler" tune.

J&B

Thanks as always Janice and Bud!

As far as the math for the time signature goes, I didn't figure that out myself, it's above my paygrade too! I found the info on a website someplace.

Blue Attitude Website

#544718 - 07/09/19 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Valentines Way [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - this is stunning smile I love the slow, brooding dark energy in this. It doesn't miss a beat, and just builds and builds. It almost has an ominous vibe to it. Very powerful, and the vocal performance was immaculate here as well.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32841 Members
68 Forums
66126 Topics
561473 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
uhv14437@cuoly.c, Chris52, EyalSavab, Christmas Music, Calceus

32841 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 175
VideoTrack 154