Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#554787 09/14/19 09:01 AM
Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I think the logic addition is great. I particularly like the ability of the cursor to stay in sync with song which gives me a good work flow when I am composing and adding parts. i don't have to remember the chords which is particularly helpful when going back to songs.

A couple bugs I am having is that the AU seems to forget where the real tracks and drums are. I also have to rebuild the lists for the drums and RT as well as the styles after i reopen them.

I think i read that the resizing of the app also was something that would be remember but i am having to reset the size every time.

ChicagoBob #556100 09/23/19 04:33 AM
A
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A
Hi Bob, what do you mean by "forget where the real tracks and drums are? Do you have to enter in the paths for those folders each time you open the plugin? The plugin should remember its size but only for that instance. So if you are using a plugin, and then opening/closing the window of that instance many times, it should remember the size, but if you start a new instance of the plugin then it will be the default size when first opened. I'll see if I can replicate the issue. Thank you for your feedback!

ChicagoBob #557251 10/01/19 04:14 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
hello adar,
yes, i must confirm bob p's observations.
the AU plug seems to forget the path to real trks and drums.
have had to rebuild the picker a real lot!!!!
also the AU plug does not recognize stops, holds etc. no red text or dots in the cell.
this is also true of the stand alone. no holds....just a truncated stop note.
also, it takes quite a lot longer for the plug to render than the stand alone.
show stoppers, all of them.
i have lost days of work time because of these bugs.
need fixes and fast.
thank you.
robbo.

ChicagoBob #557360 10/01/19 04:23 PM
A
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A
Hi robbo, can either you or Bob please explain exactly what you mean by "forget the path to real tracks and drums"? I don't understand what you mean by this. Are you saying that each time you use the plugin you need to go to File->Preferences, scroll down to the "Folder Locations" section and enter the paths from scratch? Or are you making an assumption that because the style picker needs to rebuild each time, that the plugin is "forgetting paths"? The style picker needing to be rebuilt often is an issue I will look into but it is not related to folder paths in the plugin.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "the AU plugin does not recognize stops, holds etc.". If you enter a chord with a shot, hold, or rest, it works. I have tested this in every type of plugin and can confirm that these types of chords can be entered. However, if you are referring to opening a file that contains shots, holds or rests, then yes this is a bug that we are aware of and working on a solution for.

We are working to improve rendering speeds in the plugin but they are comparable to the 64bit main app that we released this year. Perhaps you are comparing the plugin to an older version of Biab?

When posting a bug/issue on the forum, please try to be as specific as possible with the description of your problem, and the steps you are taking to produce it. That way it can easily be replicated by others and is easy for us to understand when working on a fix. Thank you for the feedback!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
hi adar. screenshots i can send.
say i input some chords, then choose a style, as usual. (standalone version)
if i change any of the instruments and save, then open the plugin in logic, call up the same song, N/A will generally appear on most trks except drums.
and those trks have the original style's titles, not the new one/s i have substituted.
after the render, when i pull the trks in logics arrange window they play the new substitute/s, with the old file name. talk about confusing.
anyway, i'll see if i can send a couple of screen shots.
cheers and thx for replying. j.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
hi again adar.
how do i send screenshots (jpeg)?
also the plugin wants to install an update that is already installed by the main app.(green mssg)
when i attempt to nuke it logic jambs and i have to force quit.
thx. j.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
AU plugin issues.
the lower image shows the correct, ie, substituted real trk/drms.
the upper image shows what i get in the plugin after loading the same song. these were the original real trk/drums generated by the style chosen in the first place. j.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
logic.jpg (139.35 KB, 188 downloads)
BiaB.jpg (128.34 KB, 188 downloads)
Last edited by robbo; 10/02/19 09:35 AM.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
this plugin is in some sort of loop where it thinks it needs an update but does not.
i've unticked the check for updates box - still does it next time i boot the plug.
the box is again ticked and shows 0 days.j.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
downloader problem.jpg (173.1 KB, 186 downloads)
ChicagoBob #557591 10/03/19 06:27 AM
A
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A
Thanks Robbo, that definitely clears things up for me. It sounds like you're dealing with a few issues here. Firstly, the issue you described where the plugin opens songs with the original style tracks (and not substituted tracks) is an issue that we are aware of and has nothing to do with setting folder paths. At this time, the plugin is not capable of loading substituted tracks. When you open a song in the plugin, it takes the name of the style, sends that to bbm4, and bbm4 returns the default tracks for that style. So even if you have substituted those tracks and saved that in a file, it will not be read by the plugin. We are working on correcting this issue though.

Seeing N/A on the tracks in the plugin also has nothing to do with the folder paths. That issue is tied to the fact that you are constantly needing to rebuild the picker. That points to an issue with bbm4 itself not saving the picker list when updating. The same goes for the issue with bbm4 telling you its not activated. In order to activate the plugin, bbm4, and the main app, you have to register it in the main Band-in-a-Box app (Band-in-a-Box.app). If you receive that message, the best thing to do is:
1. Close the plugin
2. Open the Band-in-a-Box app
3. Activate Band-in-a-Box
4. Open the plugin and should not show that message (you can also close Band-in-a-Box)

If you follow those steps and you are still seeing that message then there is a bug in bbm4 that you should report here on the forum. Hope this helps!

ChicagoBob #557707 10/04/19 04:29 AM
T
T
i see the same issue regarding the update message when using the plugin. Followed steps by Adar but looks like this bug behavior is consistent with Logic Pro X, Garageband and Mainstage.
Somehow the BBM4 is unable to recognize the 306 patch applied and goes in an update loop every time the application is started and trying to choose styles.

Regarding N/A on tracks, I saw few of them but reinstalling the related pack and rebuilding fixed it.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Maybe BB4 has the check for updates still enabled in as it's basically the same as the main app.
For now you try and block BB4 from accessing the net
Security or Security & Privacy
Click the Firewall tab
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201642
or free app https://www.oneperiodic.com/products/handsoff/
and see if that works.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
hi thx, thought i was going nuts. yup, some sort of loop. cheers.
j.

Pipeline #557872 10/05/19 08:01 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
thx pipeline will try. j.

ChicagoBob #557884 10/05/19 09:03 AM
Expert
Expert
The "update available" message seems to have been fixed with the latest build !

- Jay

MacPro 5,1/12 core@3.46GHz -- OS X 10.14.6 -- ATI 7970 -- 32 Gig RAM -- Crucial 500GB OS SSD -- Samsung EVO 1TB Audio/Sample SSD -- BIAB 2023 -- Logic Pro X -- Cubase Elements 11 -- Too many plugins
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I am still having the problem where every time I start a project in Logic and load the BIAB Plug-in I get the green message box that says there are no RealDrums and then if I load a style I get N/A in the real track name.

As a result, I have to rebuild the path to my externally stored RealDrums and RealTracks everytime.

It also appears that I can't relocate the SavedTracks folder to an external drive.

ChicagoBob #557968 10/06/19 02:51 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
yup, same here. that nag mssg has gone tho.
real drums need to be rebuilt before the style picker, as it doesn't work here for me, any other way j.

Last edited by robbo; 10/06/19 02:52 AM.
ChicagoBob #559308 10/15/19 08:52 AM
Same problem here. The path is "incorrect" for the Ultra PAK. I have to type "Volumes" before it.
It actually worked fine UNTIL the 308 update, it hasn't worked correctly since.

I sent a support ticket in on 10/10/19 no answer yet...

Last edited by Beachkeys; 10/16/19 10:08 AM.
ChicagoBob #559726 10/18/19 05:22 AM
A
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A
Hi, could one of you please explain in more detail what the issue you're having is? I'm not exactly sure I understand, is the issue that the plugin is not saving the paths you set in the Preferences dialog? Or is the issue that the picker always needs to be rebuilt? If it is the first, then it may be that you have to enter your path the first time you use the plugin (if you have custom folder paths for BB). After setting them the first time, they should save which you can test by closing the plugin, opening it back up, and seeing that the modified paths are still correct. Thank you both for the feedback!

ChicagoBob #559788 10/18/19 03:36 PM
Hi Adar.

The problem, before the 309 update, is the path would be incomplete for the PAK that I have (Ultra PAK) I would have to type in /Volumes/Band-in-a-Box UltraPAK/
the only "path" that would be listed would be /Applications/Band-in-a-Box/

And it would not remain after saving. If I saved the Logic project, Closed Logic, Ejected the BIAB Disk, the next time I started the project I would have to re-enter the paths.

I never had a problem with Band In A box in it's "standalone" version, the paths worked fine, I also never had the problem until the 308 update.

Now since i've installed the 309 update it seems to be fine.
Or at least it hasn't happened...

Beachkeys #563294 11/09/19 02:07 AM
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I am still having the problem where every time i open the plugin i have to rebuild the RealTracks -- even though the path is correct in the preferences this is the screen i get an empty list of RealTracks. My library is on an external drive if that helps. The problem doesn't exit on the desktop version only the plug-in

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 5.59.56 AM.png (113.71 KB, 92 downloads)
Last edited by Bob P; 11/09/19 02:10 AM.
ChicagoBob #577178 01/20/20 04:30 PM
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
still having the problem that the real track paths isnt recognized in Logic with the plugin but is with BIAB desktop. It is frustrating to have to rebuild the libraries every time? Is there a fix coming for this?

ChicagoBob #577289 01/21/20 01:06 PM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I can duplicate a problem where the path is saved properly, but I need to click rebuild in the RealTracks Picker if I'm using a custom folder, when I open a new instance of the plugin. Is this what you find?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
ChicagoBob #579192 02/02/20 04:00 PM
A
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A
Hi Bob, I can confirm the issues you described with having to rebuild the pickers each time you use them as well as the issue with relocating the SavedTracks folder. I will make sure to have these fixed for the next release so keep an eye out for them in the release notes and let us know if you are still having issues. Thank you for all the great feedback!

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
thanks for finding and confirming the issues that I found

ChicagoBob #588946 03/31/20 03:36 PM
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Unfortunately this bug was not fixed in the 2020 version. Realtracks still do not show up in the plugin. You still have to rebuilt the Realtracks to get this to work.

ChicagoBob #605795 07/09/20 01:26 PM
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
this problem is still not fixed in the lastest July update. i still need to run the regenerate Realtrack and Drums before the plug-in finds the patches. After that it all works so my settings are correct but it still isn't finding the external drive path on default, The desktop version works perfectly/

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,350
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213