Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

A "life's lesson" song.
A bar, friends-in-low-places song.
A 90's Country song.
A "feel good" song.
Hopefully you will be chair dancing by the end.
And ready to...

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

as long as we've known bobby
he's had a thing for this little redhead
she passes by our table
he turns a dozen shades of red
our waitress picks up on it
she nudges bobby hard
says "you'll never go home a winner
if you won't lay down your cards"

you've got to do something about it
   don't let one more day pass you by
   go to her
   tell her she's the reason why
   your heart keeps racing
   you can't think straight
   time is wasting
   love won't wait
   so do something about it

bobby sees me laughing
he says "you're one to talk
you've been pining over marianne
since the day she walked
when you gonna set things right
when you gonna let her know
she's still deep inside your heart
you can't let her go"

you've got to do something about it...

it's now or never, come what may
don't let that someone special slip away

you've got to do something about it....

The BAND:
RealTracks in song: ~1846:Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieRootFive Sw 140
RealTracks in song: 378:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming DoubleTime Ev 088
RealTracks in song: 633:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealTracks in song: 1524:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPowerPushClean Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1767:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16 Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: 1707:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBrent Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 1518:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryWorkinBrent Ev16 090
RealTracks in song: 2030:Fiddle, Soloist CountryAndy Ev 165
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleSkip^01-a:SideStick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Hope you enjoy it some.
Comments welcome.
Have at it.

fj

#558029 - 10/06/19 04:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
This is my first time EVER being the first respond to your song. I'll treasure it; because I know that it won't happen often. smile My "edit" was to come back and add this; thinking someone would have responded while I was speaking this...cheat typing.

You nailed it when you said it's a "life lesson" song! So very cool. I love this kind of song.

You're balance between some faster syncopated and held out phrasing is REALLY cool. I love songs that play with phrasing like that. It makes the entire song stay interesting AND full of hooks!

I loved the twist of the second verse. I don't want to give it away for those who read comments before listening though. I will just say I didn't expect it to go that way...at all! Clever.

Lastly, 2:48 on was FANTASTIC! How cool was that?!?! Wow, I don't hear much of that level of intertwining of vocals much anymore; but man am I a sucker for it. Again, I didn't see that coming.

I'm not going to mention much more about vocal, arrangement, delivery, mix. All superb in my book. The harmonies and background vox all the way around were KILLER!

Many more listens coming from me. LOVED THIS ONE!

Edited by HearToLearn (10/06/19 04:10 PM)
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#558033 - 10/06/19 06:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
fj,
it's terrific.
I enjoyed the sonic journey as much as the narrative.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#558035 - 10/06/19 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

FJ,
Well done! A "feel good" song indeed. Excellent vibe. Seems like you had some fun with this one. Layered vocals worked really well! ... "dozen shades of red" LOL. I would not even brag about the mix, it is a solid A... I have a long way to go smile

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#558053 - 10/07/19 12:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd

Firstly loved the vocal fade section absolutely fantastic.

Excellent catchy song, wonderful lyric, superbly produced and performed.

Another stellar production.

Peter

#558065 - 10/07/19 02:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Great job! Had me tapping my feet no end - and cheered me up this gray morning no end! Thanks so much for posting this one!

#558066 - 10/07/19 02:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
A feel good song indeed! Just a fun listen all around actually.

Lyrically I like how the song started out being about Bobby but then switched over to being about the person telling the story, and then a life lesson in general, clever!

Great vocal, I especially like what you did at the end.

And of course the mix is top notch!

Good stuff floyd, enjoyed the listen!

Love the song pic too BTW!

Blue Attitude Website

#558105 - 10/07/19 10:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
A "feel good" song.......that kind of sums it up!! Just an upbeat, clever, fun song with everything done right!!! This would be great in a film......a guy looking out the window of his house or car and sees the girl of his dreams walk by. Love the music, the lyrics, the band, the vocal......the whole deal!!! Great fun tune Floyd!! Take care. Greg

#558115 - 10/07/19 12:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Hi Floyd

Loved the upbeat feel and the layered vocals, also the way you used the lead guitar was effective to back the vocals.

It is indeed a great wee fun song and would be an important addition to put in an album of yours.

Again vocals , mix and production tip top .
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

#558118 - 10/07/19 12:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

That's a cool fun song. Well put together.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#558134 - 10/07/19 02:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Floyd, more genius from you. Perfect in every way.

You are a master at getting that band to deliver exactly what you require from them.

Great lyrics, perfect delivery, another knockout has arrived.

Great!
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#558138 - 10/07/19 03:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia

Great ballad Floyd with a great hook.
Most enjoyable. Thanks for sharing. Rob4580

#558153 - 10/07/19 05:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
I'm running out of superlatives for your work. I loved the little switchup in the story. Another voice that I could basically hear sing anything and be entertained. And thanks for all your very helpful comments on my own stuff.

#558233 - 10/08/19 06:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: HearToLearn]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
This is my first time EVER being the first respond to your song. I'll treasure it; because I know that it won't happen often. smile My "edit" was to come back and add this; thinking someone would have responded while I was speaking this...cheat typing.

You nailed it when you said it's a "life lesson" song! So very cool. I love this kind of song.

You're balance between some faster syncopated and held out phrasing is REALLY cool. I love songs that play with phrasing like that. It makes the entire song stay interesting AND full of hooks!

I loved the twist of the second verse. I don't want to give it away for those who read comments before listening though. I will just say I didn't expect it to go that way...at all! Clever.

Lastly, 2:48 on was FANTASTIC! How cool was that?!?! Wow, I don't hear much of that level of intertwining of vocals much anymore; but man am I a sucker for it. Again, I didn't see that coming.

I'm not going to mention much more about vocal, arrangement, delivery, mix. All superb in my book. The harmonies and background vox all the way around were KILLER!

Many more listens coming from me. LOVED THIS ONE!

Caaron - HA! A first!

Thanks for noting the balance of fast vs. slow phrasing in the write... an important point I think (if you are the analyzing type).

The switch up in the story line was a no-brainer (I thought).

The ending was just for fun, of course...

Thanks for the great review...

#558314 - 10/08/19 02:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Fan-freaking-tastic. Tight phrasing punching inventive lines setting the scene and telling the story, preaching through the characters in the song. Loved the dual vocals at the end...I reckon that's you and Bobby encouraging each other (and us). Chair dancing achieved. Hugely enjoyed.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#558335 - 10/08/19 08:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Floyd.
I totally agree with Peter's comments. Also loved the hand-claps. Top quality work, as usual.
Regards,
Leon

#558352 - 10/08/19 11:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Floyd,

Yeah, this is a fun, uptempo, uplifting listen . . . well put together and executed as always. Love how you spin the lyrics from it being about Bobby to being about the singer . . . clever writing. Well done. Good luck with this one.

All the best,

Deej

#558397 - 10/09/19 05:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: rayc]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
fj,
it's terrific.
I enjoyed the sonic journey as much as the narrative.

Thanks, ray... a nice short-and-to-the-point review... smile

#558405 - 10/09/19 07:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nice work - really catchy and your vocals work perfectly here. I really thought the lyrics stood out too - they tell a story perfectly, and the dual vocals at the end knock it out of the park.

Great job and thanks for sharing smile

#558431 - 10/09/19 11:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do Something About It [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Wow! This is good. Great write.

Love the vocals.
All of them!

Great arrangement, great feel!

My new favorite of yours!

Steve

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32841 Members
68 Forums
66127 Topics
561477 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
uhv14437@cuoly.c, Chris52, EyalSavab, Christmas Music, Calceus

32841 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 175
VideoTrack 156