You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#225936 - 12/05/13 05:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Coyote Forte DXi
Loc: Washington State
RedFooDog Offline
Enthusiast

Just installed BIAB 2014 on a clean SSD. Forte was installed and activated in the 2013 BIAB which is on another now removed drive. Forte DXi appears in the midi/audio setup options window and also in the DXi synth settings window. Do I need to reactivate it or otherwise install anything or has BIAB 2014 automatically found it and set it up?

#225943 - 12/05/13 06:03 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: RedFooDog]
Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Mac Offline
Veteran

Forte DXi installs to the System on the system drive such that it is always there to be used by any program that can access DXi plugins.

If you have the Use DXi checked inside the Options->MIDI/Audio... window in that copy of BB, and if the Forte synth is selected, it should play just as always.

Watch out for those Foo Fighters up there, and CheckSix,

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#225952 - 12/05/13 06:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: RedFooDog]
Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
It's possible that you will need to paste in your activation code after the 30 day demo period. This is a separate Forte code, not the Biab one. That happened to me when I changed computers two years ago. Of course I couldn't find it (I had written it down and put it "somewhere") so I called Support and they emailed it to me right away.

Bob
Biab/RB latest build, Win 10 64 bit, Intel 4770, 256 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.

#225957 - 12/05/13 07:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: jazzmammal]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Good catch, Bob.

Yes, starting over from scratch with new SSD for System, if you didn't mirror the system to the SSD, you likely will have to install Forte DXi and authorize again.

But if you successfully mirrored the original drive, it should just work authorized as before.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#225959 - 12/05/13 07:32 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: RedFooDog]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RedFooDog
Just installed BIAB 2014 on a clean SSD.

Ouch.

Band in a Box does a lot of writing to disk, SSD drives don't really like that, the amount of writes is limited as compared to a spinning disk drive.

Of course, the SSD mfrs are improving that all the time, so check your specs carefully.

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#225975 - 12/05/13 08:41 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: Mac]
RedFooDog Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks everyone. I'll remove and reinstall it.

While on the subject: Coyote Electronics shows Forte version number 1.3. Control panel shows my Forte as version number 1.6. Any idea what the current version is and is Forte an updateable? program or do you need to buy a more current version if available?

#558506 - 10/10/19 03:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: RedFooDog]
jonel Online   content
Journeyman

Hi All,
I have been following this thread because I wanted to use CoyoteWT in Sonar. I was not aware that Coyote Forte was installed with BIAB (not on my machine) or is Coyote Forte and CoyoteWT the same? When I added it from the DXi list I got the message that it 'Failed to insert the soft synth. It may not be properly installed'.
I assumed that this was because it was only registered for used with BIAB. The synth works fine in BIAB. Then I realised that I was using Sonar X3 x64 whereas BIAB is only 32 bit. When I used X3 x32 there was no problem.

My question is this: Since Coyote is only 32 bit, is there a 64 bit VST version (or equivalent)?

I am aware of the criticisms of this synth with regard to quality of sound, but it is a really valuable synth because of it's multi timbral capability and so I can get a midi file up and running for audition within Sonar or Ableton without having to insert lots of different instruments (much in the same way that RealBand routes all channels to the default VST)

Thanks

#558510 - 10/10/19 04:33 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: jonel]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

From earlier discussions, we understood that Forte DXi would be upgraded to 64 bit, bit this has not eventuated to my knowledge.

I also contacted the makers (Coyote Electronics) but never received a response.

There is more discussion here

PS: Interesting to see a thread from 2013 revived here.

Edited by VideoTrack (10/10/19 04:35 AM)
Edit Reason: comment about the previous thread date
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#558514 - 10/10/19 04:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: jonel]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jonel
Hi All,
I have been following this thread because I wanted to use CoyoteWT in Sonar. I was not aware that Coyote Forte was installed with BIAB (not on my machine) or is Coyote Forte and CoyoteWT the same? When I added it from the DXi list I got the message that it 'Failed to insert the soft synth. It may not be properly installed'.
I assumed that this was because it was only registered for used with BIAB. The synth works fine in BIAB. Then I realised that I was using Sonar X3 x64 whereas BIAB is only 32 bit. When I used X3 x32 there was no problem.

My question is this: Since Coyote is only 32 bit, is there a 64 bit VST version (or equivalent)?

I am aware of the criticisms of this synth with regard to quality of sound, but it is a really valuable synth because of it's multi timbral capability and so I can get a midi file up and running for audition within Sonar or Ableton without having to insert lots of different instruments (much in the same way that RealBand routes all channels to the default VST)

Thanks

You have Sonar so you have 64 bit GM in TTS-1. This comes with Sonar and is better than Coyote IMHO.

Edited by MarioD (10/10/19 05:00 AM)

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#558519 - 10/10/19 05:46 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: RedFooDog]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
<< Coyote Forte has been converted into a GM sf2 which will load in the 64 synth which uses the sf2 formats. It can be available for the asking... >>

wink Where does one ask for this?

Asking for a friend. wink wink

#558523 - 10/10/19 06:31 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: MusicStudent]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
However, some folks have found a workaround. Coyote Forte has been converted into a GM sf2 which will load in the 64 synth which uses the sf2 formats. It can be available for the asking...

Dan, some are asking for a friend smile however, my curious mind wants to know for me too grin grin
Do tell.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#558526 - 10/10/19 06:46 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: jonel]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hi All,---
I was not aware that Coyote Forte was installed with BIAB (not on my machine) - - -
Thanks

AFIAK its not. You BUY Forte ( or used to be able to) via our PG website for a few dollars. WT is the installed freebie.
For the little that I use midi I find Forte to be acceptable.
HTH
Ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#558530 - 10/10/19 06:58 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: RedFooDog]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Coyote Forte is a 32 bit sound module that you must purchase. The reason why you must purchase it is because Forte includes unique instrument patches.

Coyote WT is also 32 bit but it uses the standard Windows instrument patches.

Edit (Andrew - PG Music): there is also a 64-bit Coyote WT.

PG Music packages two midi sound modules with Band-in-a-Box (2019), the Coyote WT (64 bit and 32 bit), and 64 bit VST Synthfont 64. +++ HERE +++ is the blurb copied from the 2019 BiaB for Windows new features webpage.
Quote:
VSTSynthFont64 Included

The 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box® allows you to use the VSTSynthFont64 as the General MIDI (GM) synth. With the VSTSynthFont64, you can specify any GM soundfont or DLS files, including larger ones over 2 GB.

Also, Peter Gannon +++ RECOMMENDS +++ downloading the free daw, +++ Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) +++, to use the included 64 bit midi sound module, TTS-1.

+++ HERE +++ is a hyperlink to the Coyote Forte webpage. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the webpage you will notice the page was last updated September, 2006.

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (10/10/19 10:23 AM)
Edit Reason: Correction - Coyote WT is also 64-bit
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#558532 - 10/10/19 07:02 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: RedFooDog]
Loc: Chicago
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Ya, the sf2 file format of the Coyote Forte works great in 64 bit BIAB with the 64 bit VST Synthfont 64.

#558538 - 10/10/19 07:08 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: MusicStudent]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Ya, the sf2 file format of the Coyote Forte works great in 64 bit BIAB with the 64 bit VST Synthfont 64.
Unfortunately the SF2 file is likely a hack and therefore not available through the Coyote Electronics website to the general public.

Edited by Jim Fogle (10/10/19 07:20 AM)
Edit Reason: changed comment.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#558543 - 10/10/19 07:20 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: RedFooDog]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Coyote WT uses the internal MIDI sounds that comes with Windows (which I understand has its roots in a very old Roland General MIDI small sound library, hence the quality...or lack thereof...of the sounds).

Coyote Forte uses Giga format samples (I remember when Mac tried to substitute some of his Giga samples to get better sounds, but apparently there were some size limitations within the interface that prevented this from being successful...he was hoping that Forte could have been a nice Giga player). I suspect that SF2 version mentioned is merely the Giga format samples converted to SF2 format.

LaptopBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB
AudioBeast ASUS Win10Pro64 16GB
VideoBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB

BB-RB2020/UMC404HD/Casio Kbds/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NIKomplete/Halion/Garritan/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com

#558552 - 10/10/19 08:00 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: jford]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

There are other GM sounds in the SF2 format that are excellent. Many are free. Google gm in sf2 format.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#558697 - 10/11/19 01:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: MarioD]
jonel Online   content
Journeyman

Hi Mario,
Yes,I do have TTS-1 but that I can't use this in Ableton (where I really wanted it). I was looking for a VST version and 64bit.

#558704 - 10/11/19 02:46 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: RedFooDog]
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Online   content
Expert

Loc: UK
another vote for the TTS 1 - I have both that and the Forte dxi and the TTS 1 sounds better to my ears

#558747 - 10/11/19 07:24 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Coyote Forte DXi [Re: jonel]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Hi Mario,
Yes,I do have TTS-1 but that I can't use this in Ableton (where I really wanted it). I was looking for a VST version and 64bit.

Google GM soundfont players and you will find some 64 bit players. There are a number of free soundfont GM sets available.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32611 Members
68 Forums
65540 Topics
555675 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
qbpremier321, Mtsac, Wavd, marshrush, Royston

32610 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 186