You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#559137 - 10/14/19 07:19 AM [User Showcase] Here's To You
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

This is more of a traditional style blues than what we have been doing lately.

Here's To You

The Band:

RealTracks in song: ~572:Bass, Electric, Blues BB Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2905:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BrightBluesyPopColin Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 2906:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm BluesyPopMike Ev 100
RealDrums in song:FunkHalfNoteSync: a: Snare, Kickb: Busy Kick

I'm playing the guitar leads and the rhythm guitar panned hard left during the bridge/chorus. I built the rhythm guitar track panned hard right using the UJAM VG-IRON VSTi.

Production Notes:

Mixed with Reaper and mastered using the vintage modules in Ozone 9

I used CLA Drums on the drum track, and CLA Unplugged on the piano.
Guitar is a strat through S-Gear and CLA Unplugged.
Vocals are processed with Nectar 3 and Waves Vocal rider, and sent to a separate reverb bus which uses the reverb section of Nectar 2

Here’s to you (2019 Christiane Spruit)

I hear your footsteps
And the way you‘re dragging yourself up
the second floor of the house seems far , too far to reach
But I know what you've been up to
All night long

You look in my eyes
and tell me, you are not cheating
getting lost more and more in lies and alibis
But I know That you have been gone
All night long

Stone - cold, the glass is waiting sober
whole damn life has been another "hard days over"
Here's to you

When I look in your eyes
I can taste pain and sorrow
my whole damn life, I cannot get a grip on me
all that's left to lose for me
Is you

Stone - cold, the glass is waiting sober
whole damn life another "hard days over"
all that's left to lose for me
Is you

As always we welcome any comments!

Blue Attitude Website

#559140 - 10/14/19 08:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Dave & Chris,

Y'all knock ANOTHER one outta the park. This is so good!

Chris is writing very interesting blues-rock lyrics/storylines. Unique and original and never sounding "forced". And singing them so well. Dave, the vocal processing you are using fits so naturally into the mix. A gorgeous combination - the in front of the mic and behind the mic...

Your guitar work is extraordinary. Your fills and solos elevate an already stellar track to new heights. Tasty. Supportive. And Essential. The hard panned section - awesome rhythm tracks...

And once again, you drums and bass sound GREAT. I don't think I've ever even noticed the FunkHalfNoteSync drum track. Great choice.

This sounds like it came from a top studio.

fj

#559143 - 10/14/19 08:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

What a sound !!.

Guitars are stunning , vocals are Brilliant and the overall mix amazing.

You always give me the Fleetwood mac vibe.

Thanks

#559148 - 10/14/19 09:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
Good job! I like it. Christiane's voice sounds amazing and the guitar solos are top notch. Love the punch this song packs and delivers, both in the writing and the performance of it - well done!!!

#559161 - 10/14/19 12:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Great bluesy song with strong story. The reverb matches exactly the night mood of the lyrics and Chris's emotional voice. Enjoyable chording, has some Gary Moore and some modern Dave smile Your guitar playing is fantastic, I could listen to it all day and night. The band works, I especially like that right-panned rhythm guitar, gives the song even more edge.

Janne

#559178 - 10/14/19 01:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Hey Dave! Really enjoyed this with the Virtual Guitarist parts added. The start of the song reminded me of Witchy Woman from the Eagles. Between your guitars and the virtual ones they all mixed together real well. Still love Chris's voice on everything I hear too. Great work to you both, loved it!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2019, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#559179 - 10/14/19 01:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave & Chris

That was some track. Loved the vocal, lyric and overall feel, a really nice blues all round.

Some stellar playing (great tone) and interesting production touches.

All the elements of the song work and it was a great listen.

Peter

#559185 - 10/14/19 02:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
Great song, lyrics are much better than the typical blues. "All I've got left to lose is you," I'm gonna remember that line! Good ax work as always.

#559212 - 10/14/19 08:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Dave
Wonderful song. Immaculate guitar work, great lyrics and excellent vocal. No need for comparisons with a voice like hers, but Chris reminds me a little of Margot Timmins in spots on this track. I agree with Floyd that this sounds totally professional.
Regards,
Leon

#559217 - 10/14/19 09:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Dave

Engaging sound out of the gate—Petty like to me—which immediately pulls at the ear . . . and then that lovely vocal kicks in, and the song goes to a whole new level Love the guitar work throughout, both the rhythm and lead. Nice harmonies as well. Lovely production—stitched together artfully. Killer stuff!

My best to you,

Deej

#559242 - 10/15/19 03:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
This rides with BB King's feel to Garry Moore's tone.
The breathy vocals are spot on as is the narrative.
I'm not 100% on the accent guitar's distortion as it's a bit fizzy.
Excellent stuff.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#559245 - 10/15/19 04:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Dave and Chris,

You made a very, very nice Blues together.
The whole time I felt some sort of 'withheld tension' in the melody and the singing of Chris.
I expected her to go 'out of the roof' at the end, or subtle revenge because of that villain, but none of that happened cry
But never the less, I really like this song, the sologuitar and -of course- the singing of Chris. Very well done!

Hans

#559248 - 10/15/19 05:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Expert

Dave & Chris.
Sweet! Opening is catchy and almost whimsical, clever move to open up ears smile
Flows like honey. Another excellent work from one of my favorite teams here. Critical comments-none, it shines! Enjoyed this a lot.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#559260 - 10/15/19 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nicely done! It's like a throwback to the 70's - really catchy, and I loved the guitar work here. Thanks for sharing smile

#559270 - 10/15/19 07:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: floyd jane]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris,

Y'all knock ANOTHER one outta the park. This is so good!

Chris is writing very interesting blues-rock lyrics/storylines. Unique and original and never sounding "forced". And singing them so well. Dave, the vocal processing you are using fits so naturally into the mix. A gorgeous combination - the in front of the mic and behind the mic...

Your guitar work is extraordinary. Your fills and solos elevate an already stellar track to new heights. Tasty. Supportive. And Essential. The hard panned section - awesome rhythm tracks...

And once again, you drums and bass sound GREAT. I don't think I've ever even noticed the FunkHalfNoteSync drum track. Great choice.

This sounds like it came from a top studio.

fj

Wow, thanks, floyd!

The thing that first stuck me about Chris when we first started working together four years ago is that she has no preconceived notions on how blues lyrics should be written. She is not hung up on the old formula; sing a line, repeat the line, then resolve the line. Not that there is anything wrong with doing that, but I think her approach, also the way she sings, makes an old music style sound fresh. To my ears anyway!

I just stumbled across those drums by accident, they must have been part of a style I was auditioning. I think I ended up keeping the drums but swapped out all the other instruments.

And of course thanks for the comments on the guitar work and the production, means a lot! smile

Blue Attitude Website

#559296 - 10/15/19 10:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
And here's to you!

For us this is the best of the best.

Not much to say other than it's an over the top great production.
Chris's vocal, Chris's write, your guitar, the RT/RD's, the arrangement, the mix and the mastering are all sublime.

I rather listen more than write.

Amazing.

J&B

PS Janice just mentioned Steely Dan smile

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#559361 - 10/15/19 06:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Yep - it's all good.

Well, actually all excellent. smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#559362 - 10/15/19 07:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Impressive on so many levels. Very professional.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#559378 - 10/16/19 12:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Dave,

Gosh, you and Chris turn out masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece. Moreover, with each production you seem to raise the bar higher and higher.

If ever there was a contender for the best of the best, this is it. It's outstanding writing and presenting and equally outstanding listening. Not only is this song very professional sounding, but Chris's writing and singing and your guitar work are like gold-plating. The 3 minutes and 42 seconds disappeared in very quickly.

I could hear every word that Chris sang and I totally enjoyed the story she told.

As I mentioned in my last post, you two are a pretty powerful songwriting team.

All the best,
Noel

#559392 - 10/16/19 02:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: beatmaster]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
What a sound !!.

Guitars are stunning , vocals are Brilliant and the overall mix amazing.

You always give me the Fleetwood mac vibe.

Thanks

Thanks for the listen and comments!

Blue Attitude Website

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
New! Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

A brand-new Band-in-a-Box Add-on is HERE!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 (and higher) expands your loops collection with 100 new loops! Click here to watch our video demonstration.

We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered, like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle!

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st!

Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19!

Click here for more information. Mac user? This new Add-on works for you too! Click here for Mac.

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we've added 202 new RealTracks! These include great Americana, Gospel Vocals, new Blues, Country Pollwinners, Bossa Flute/Horn sections, Jazz Blues and Rhythm Changes, British and Hazy '60s guitars, Modern Funk, Island Grooves with steel drum and marimba, Singer-Songwriter, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2019 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks collection with over 2,900 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out this video, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Add-ons are Here!

Just released for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.

Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until December 31st (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.

Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

It's HERE! Take a quick tour of the just-released Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows when you check out our latest video:
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

Read more about this new version here, and check out our amazing upgrade pricing (up to 50% off during our special!) here!

Great New Content in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is here! Limited Time Special Offers Until December 31, 2019 - SAVE up to 50% on most Band-in-a-Box® version 2020 for Windows Upgrade packages... and that's not all! When you buy version 2020 for Windows before December 31, 2019, we'll include a Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons FREE!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020, Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 2020 and RealBand 2020 - Over 50 new features!
- We have information about the program here.
- Specific information about the features is here.
- Ordering and info about the pacakages and pricing is available here.

Plus, there is a HUGE amount of new content...
- 202 new RealTracks, description and audio demos: click here.
- Xtra Styles Set 8 for Band-in-a-Box®, (description and video demos): Learn more...
- Loops-with-Style Set 1 for Band-in-a-Box®: product description and video demo.
- Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons FREE! Learn more...
- Bonus 49 Pak (with 40 RealTracks)! Learn more...
- 2 new MIDI SuperTrack Sets - Learn more...
- 280 Drums RealCharts (previously had only 22, now have transcriptions for half of all of the 600 audio RealDrums)
- 5 Instrumental Studies Sets - Learn more...
- Two new all MIDI styles sets "Look-Ma! More MIDI" Sets 3 and 4 (30 MIDI styles) audio demos: Learn more...

Plus,the Online (or PDF) manual for the full program, or just the new features, are available here.

RealBand 2020 is Here!

RealBand 2020 is here, and is included free with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!

There are over 20 additions to RealBand, including intelligent Audio-Harmonies (1-4 voice), Scrub Mode, mixer enhancements, open MusicXML .musicxml and .xml, easier transpose, RealTracks, RealDrums sound improvements, and more!

RealBand 2020 New Features include:

Darker Grid Lines
Grid lines in Tracks and Audio Edit windows are drawn in a darker color instead of white.

Auto-hide Grid Lines
RealBand will auto-hide grid lines when they are within a certain number of pixels of each other.

Audio Scrub Mode
The new audio scrub button in the Audio Edit window lets you click and drag to hear a section of audio.

Shift key for moving multiple volume sliders and pan knobs
If moving a volume slider while pressing the Shift key, then any other selected tracks' sliders will also move. This applies to Tracks and Mixer windows.

...and more!

For the complete list of new features included in RealBand 2020, click here, and choose the "RealBand 2020" Tab.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows - Upgrade Today to Save Up to 50%!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 New RealTracks, new RealStyles, 15 new MIDI SuperTracks, 170 new Instrumental Studies, 30 new MIDI Styles, 280 RealDrums Transcriptions, the 2020 Free Bonus PAK, 2020 49-PAK, and new Xtra Styles PAK 8!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2019 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2020 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2020 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Forum Stats
30557 Members
65 Forums
61340 Topics
517701 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
peterspring, Forgie, Frax, Greg T, grbeaner

30557 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 305
Matt Finley 226