#561616 - 10/30/19 03:29 PM [User Showcase] Small Town Boy
Loc: Illinois, USA
firesong Offline
Apprentice

Hey guys, On this song I used :
Style: Railway.sty Railway songwriter Train Beat

I added a piano part with my Genos and the vocals
The song is fairly auto biographical...hope you enjoy, all comments are welcome...Dan

https://soundclick.com/r/s8as7a

#561629 - 10/30/19 04:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: firesong]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
WOW this is great!

Being a small town boy myself I could relate to this song!

Excellent vocals and super backing tracks. But it was the lyrics that hit home to me.

This New York State small town boy who married his small town high school sweetheart thinks this is one fantastic song.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#561633 - 10/30/19 04:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: MarioD]
firesong Offline
Apprentice

Hey thanks ...Iknew a lot of people could relate...thanks for the comments

#561646 - 10/30/19 05:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: firesong]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The vocals on this song are really fantastic, and the piano is lovely too. Thanks for sharing!

#561649 - 10/30/19 05:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: firesong]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
I'm a suburban boy - satellite burb of a satellite city of a major city.
The band is pretty tidy - the added piano works well.
Your vocals are pretty good - there's some sibilance & mouth noise that could be tamed just a little given the intimate nature of the performance.
I can't relate to the things that bring you the soft caress of nostalgia but I can hear that you hold them dear.

Edited by rayc (11/02/19 02:57 AM)
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#561676 - 10/30/19 08:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: rayc]
firesong Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for the feedback...I appreciate the comments...Dan

#561755 - 10/31/19 09:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: firesong]
Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Nice work Dan. Loved the vocals and backups and how they were mixed. They blended well with the rest of the mix. When I hear "small town boy/girl" it always reminds me of Journey's classic, "Don't Stop Believin'".

BTW, born and raised in NW IL here and now living on the IL. side of St. Louis... Illinois lifer!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2020, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#561771 - 10/31/19 11:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: firesong]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

cool work there. I like the song and the groove you put on it.

I lived the better part of 35 years in a town with a blinking light at the crossroad..... now I'm in the woods outside of a different town that has one working stop light at the main intersection. Small towns are the best places.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#561783 - 10/31/19 12:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: firesong]
Loc: SA, Australia
Ghostgum Offline
Apprentice

Loc: SA, Australia
Wasn't any part of this song I didn't like. Everything meshed together so well. The chord progressions flowed naturally and the melody was a perfect fit. Great story-telling. Well done.

#561790 - 10/31/19 01:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: sslechta]
firesong Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: sslechta
Nice work Dan. Loved the vocals and backups and how they were mixed. They blended well with the rest of the mix. When I hear "small town boy/girl" it always reminds me of Journey's classic, "Don't Stop Believin'".

BTW, born and raised in NW IL here and now living on the IL. side of St. Louis... Illinois lifer!

Thanks for the comments...I too have been an Illinisian my whole life...other than Chicago it's just one big "small town".

#561791 - 10/31/19 02:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: Guitarhacker]
firesong Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
cool work there. I like the song and the groove you put on it.

I lived the better part of 35 years in a town with a blinking light at the crossroad..... now I'm in the woods outside of a different town that has one working stop light at the main intersection. Small towns are the best places.

Right on...Andy and Opie would have felt at home where I grew up...Thanks for the comment...Dan

#561792 - 10/31/19 02:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: Ghostgum]
firesong Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Wasn't any part of this song I didn't like. Everything meshed together so well. The chord progressions flowed naturally and the melody was a perfect fit. Great story-telling. Well done.

I really appreciate your comments and encouragement...Dan

#561854 - 10/31/19 08:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: firesong]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Dan, I've lived in small towns and big towns and this feel good song about home grabbed my attention, the classic country beat kept my toes tapping while the vocal and arrangement sold me the story with such a beautiful melody over that sweet chord progression. I totally enjoyed this Dan. Great job.

#561859 - 10/31/19 09:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: firesong]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Very nice, breathy vocals. Great production, it all came together with this.

#562049 - 11/02/19 12:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: Sundance]
firesong Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Dan, I've lived in small towns and big towns and this feel good song about home grabbed my attention, the classic country beat kept my toes tapping while the vocal and arrangement sold me the story with such a beautiful melody over that sweet chord progression. I totally enjoyed this Dan. Great job.

Thanks Josie for the kind words so glad you enjoyed it...Dan

#562050 - 11/02/19 12:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: TuneMonger]
firesong Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Very nice, breathy vocals. Great production, it all came together with this.

Hey thanks...the breathy voice is only because at my age it's just hard to breath and sing...I guess better breathy than not...right? Thanks for the comments...Dan

#562060 - 11/02/19 03:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: firesong]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

I'm city born, but I love the country life and I loved your song, Honestly thought your vocals suited the mood of the song.

Thanks
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

#562065 - 11/02/19 04:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: firesong]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Dan,

Reading all the comments on your nice song in where you sing you prefer nothing more than being a small town boy. I lived on an island as a kid and now in a big city in a small country. Does that count too? The only thing is I want changes in my live (not about my wife!).
But the song itself is easy listening, nice with sweet lyrics. You made a goodsounding countrysong there in the heartland of Illinois!

Hans

#562139 - 11/02/19 12:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: beatmaster]
firesong Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
I'm city born, but I love the country life and I loved your song, Honestly thought your vocals suited the mood of the song.

Thanks

Thanks for the response...I appreciate your thoughts...I do like to visit big cities...I love going to Chicago for a day but just a day couldn't live there too much small-town in me.

#562140 - 11/02/19 12:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Small Town Boy [Re: Birchwood]
firesong Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Dan,

Reading all the comments on your nice song in where you sing you prefer nothing more than being a small town boy. I lived on an island as a kid and now in a big city in a small country. Does that count too? The only thing is I want changes in my live (not about my wife!).
But the song itself is easy listening, nice with sweet lyrics. You made a goodsounding countrysong there in the heartland of Illinois!

Hans

Thanks Hans...Appreciate your thoughts...island living is probably comparable to small town life unless your talking Manhattan Island...I see you're in the Netherlands...my ancestors came over from Leiden in 1621...would love to visit there someday...hey thanks again for the kind remarks...Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32846 Members
68 Forums
66147 Topics
561656 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
AveryT, Hans Franz 12, Marik, midisynth, uhv14437@cuoly.c

32845 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 155