Index
#562828 - 11/06/19 04:32 PM [User Showcase] Time by Jubilee Reed
Loc: Windsor, Ontario
Marty Ricciotti Offline
Apprentice

Time

Time by Jubilee Reed
A Valentine’s Day gift to her (at the time) boy friend (and now) husband.
Double tracked the vocals. Two separate takes panned left and right.
All harmonies by Jubilee.
All guitar tracks by Jubilee
Her Husband Mark plays bass on this song (not as many notes as the original BIAB player but not too shabby at all!)
On the little guitar riff sections Jubile is also singing melody and harmony “oo’s”!

Time
Jubilee Reed

Don’t think about the things you could have done
Let the sun shine on our backs, take some time to relax
How many hours have we been sitting here?
People with their dogs pass by, thinking we’re just wasting time

But time is never wasted
My time is never wasted with you

How can I start to say how much it means to me
That you are willing to tell me what you’re feeling?
Your heart is beautiful, I hope you know
It’s drawing me close to you like it’s supposed to do

My time is never wasted

I hope you know
You made me realize how much I love you
Oh, I’ll let you know
You made me realize that I love you
Oh, I hope you know
You made me realize how much I love you
Oh, I’ll let you know
You made me realize that I love you

My time is never wasted
My time is never wasted, no
My time is never wasted

***** Song Summary *************
Title: Time
Key=C , Tempo 128, Length (m:s)=3:48
Style is _SOFTROK.STY (Dreamy Soft Rock)
We used all the tracks at first then gradually removed some as we went along.

RealTracks in style: 1262:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningHeld Ev 120
RealDrums in style: RockSoftEven8^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare Ride

Actual instruments.
Finger style acoustic guitar and strummed acoustic guitar throughout (they play alone during the last chorus) and swap sides left to right too here
Octave higher acoustic picking from Verse 2 to last chorus.
3 midi keyboard tracks from 2nd chorus to bridge

#562919 - 11/07/19 07:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nicely done smile I really enjoyed the vocals on this, and it has a delightful modern sound. It almost reminds of certain songs by Neko Case. It flows really well, and I found the mix profession and concise.

Thanks for sharing!

#563013 - 11/07/19 03:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
sslechta Offline
Veteran

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Loved how the vocals were double tracked. She did a good job keeping them fairly alike and they give a nice stereo effect panning them hard left/right.

No noise or pops that I can find on this one, LOL. Keep up the good work!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#563085 - 11/08/19 12:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Veteran

Loc: Maryland
I like this one the best among the ones you've posted with Jubilee. This one really connects with me melodically. Radio quality iMHO.

#563088 - 11/08/19 12:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi Marty,

this is very nice in every respect: Great composition, good backing-track (only remark: I think there are RealDrums that would fit the song more smoothly), and the vocals are amazing.

Really cool stuff, like it a lot.

Cheers,

Stefan

#563104 - 11/08/19 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Marty Ricciotti Offline
Apprentice

Hi Steve: yes we were getting much better at recording by the time we got to this song.
We Started about a year ago with a goal of releasing a 4 song EP in Nov this year. Lots of learning as we went along.

Hey Stefan...Interesting comment about the drums. Jubilee often said she thought the drums had too many "random" fills. She was after me to remove some of them.
But I thought they were ok and never did anything about it.

But now you have my curiosity bug on high alert to review the drums....

I guess this mixing business is never done and one can always think of something to do better.

Thanks so much to all.

#563182 - 11/08/19 11:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
This is really beautiful!! She has a great voice....beautiful tone and tons of emotion!! I LOVE THIS!!!! Take care. Greg

#563212 - 11/08/19 03:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Outstanding, every single part.

Jubilee is masterful, and shines with her beautiful vocal skills.

The mix doesn't get in the way of anything.

Everything about this is quality, quality, quality.
BIAB & RB2023 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#563250 - 11/08/19 09:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Gulf Coast
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Loc: Gulf Coast
Great song! Love it. My fav of the ones I've heard so far. I'm listening on headphones and I had to get used to the left/right panning - more used to a center vox with left/right doubles on sides instead of just harmony coming in on center. So I had trouble making out all the lyrics. The second time I listened (not surprised and focused on the panning) I read the lyrics as the song was playing and I liked the "different" sound. Still, I'm wondering if you couldn't get that same ethereal feeling with a more standard doubles panning approach but production is such a personal choice. If whatever genre she's going for uses this technique then I'd keep it, if not I might rethink it. One thing for sure, I'm a fan of her voice and songwriting.

#563270 - 11/08/19 11:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Mr. Marty,

Has a very R.E.M. type sound to this song; nice harmonies, and strong vocal. Part of me was looking for maybe a bit of a change up in the latter choruses or maybe bridge . . but as it is it works very well. Terrific listen!

Best regards,

Deej

#563275 - 11/09/19 01:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Veteran

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Nice job, Marty
I listened on a non-technical basis lol and enjoyed it.
Great song, great mix and great voice.
Thanks for posting
Ian
Remember a Mix is never finished, it is simply abandoned. smile

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1

#603675 - 06/25/20 04:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Marty Ricciotti Offline
Apprentice

Dear all who took the time to comment on these songs.
Thanks you so much.
Great support from the PG forum!
and today June 26 2020, Jubilee Reed has released her EP Time to the world on a all music platforms.

PG Music News
Getting To Know Your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®

Have you received the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®, and you'd like to learn more about the newest features?

There are a few different resources available to you!

In the program there is a "2023 NEW Features" button that offers quick access to the newest features explanations and tutorials.

We offer video tutorials explaining the new version as well as breaking down specific features. You can access these on our YouTube Channel, or here on our Website on the Support | Videos pages.

There are detailed program manuals available on our Online Manuals page that explains just the New Features in the Upgrade Manual, or combines all the features of the program in our Full Manual. Prefer to access a PDF of the manuals instead? They're available on our Online Manuals page too!

Our Forums are also a great way to learn about the newest features! Not only will you see our videos shared there, you'll join an active community of friendly and knowledgeable program users happy to answer questions and help out!

Of course, you can always ask our team directly too!

It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows and receive your download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer, but don't wait too long... our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special ends December 31st!

Order now to add over 70 new features and amazing new content to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

It's a great time to order, with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Forum Stats
37068 Members
64 Forums
77064 Topics
682962 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
mikeshean11, Dougyboy, Malk, RayP, Prt137

37068 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 179
Matt Finley 152
AudioTrack 150
MarioD 150
Bass Thumper 136
MusicStudent 126
rayc 101
Jim Fogle 98
Janice & Bud 89
B.D.Thomas 89
Today's Birthdays
brassauditions, EddieV, glauber, Holly, MyZone1958, PLS, Tobin - PG Music Inc.