Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#563835 - 11/12/19 06:14 PM [User Showcase] Written (a floyd jane write)
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Written

Six years ago Janice sang harmony with floyd on his song Written. We always thought Written ranked with the absolute best of the classic country tears in your beer songs...period. The two of us have long appreciated this style and during our band days we performed some of those classics. I had been thinking about a country project and asked Janice about this tune. She was reticent as floyd had sung such a powerhouse version of it. But I prevailed smile and asked floyd his thoughts which resulted in a “heck yeah!”response.

So....a brief sojourn back to the country.

Both comments and your time to listen are most appreciated.

Thanks floyd for the many collabs and support...it’s been a fun six years!
Oh, gotta mention that we stole his arrangement...from start to finish.

Drums: NashvilleWaltzSw^6-a:HiHat , b:Sidestick, Hihat
Bass: RT 1121 Acoustic, CountryWaltz Sw 085
Piano Rhythm: MIDI SuperTrack 2259 CountryWaltzJohn Sw 085
Piano Solo: MIDI SuperTrack 2250 Soloist CountryWaltzJohn Sw 085
Electric Guitar: RT 980 Rhythm CountryWaltzCleanA-B Sw 085
Acoustic Guitar: RT 3176 Rhythm CampfireSlowWaltz Sw 085
Pedal Steel: RT 1126 Rhythm CountryWaltz Sw 085

Thank you Peter for the opening acoustic guitar chord! smile

The piano and steel tracks were comped from multiple generations.

Equipment/DAW: Logic Pro X, Rodes NT1 mic and Scarlett 212 interface

Track plugins: Waves CLA Vocals, Waves Bass Rider, Waves CLA Unplugged, Waves CLA Drums, Neutron 2, Logic Pro amp sim and Ozone 8 Imager.

Mastering: Logic Pro EQ > Waves Multi Band Compressor (LinMB) > Ozone Imager > Ozone Maximizer > Ozone Tonal Balance

Written

i'm all messed up...

my world's been shattered
when you found a new life
mine was torn in two
i can't use a heart
so broken and battered
so you keep the pieces
they all still belong to you

your name is written
on my very soul
marked so deeply
and it may never let go
there's a picture of you
on the tiniest part
your name is written
on every piece of my broken heart

REPEAT CHORUS

your name is written
on every piece of my broken heart

© 1998 floyd jane

#563845 - 11/12/19 06:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

J&B & Floyd,
Sitting back and savouring the nuances and feeling of Janice`s wonderful vocals ( the harmony track as good as the lead)- guess there`s nothing else I want to listen to now!
Others who know country classics better than I may draw comparisons, but why not just admit this song is on a par with the best teary hits ever?
Love everything about this... and, thanks as I wasn`t around for the earlier version.

Robert

#563858 - 11/12/19 09:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Apprentice

Hi all
Floyd's lyrics, Janis' wonderful vocal (and those backing vocals - wow) plus a pedal steel guitar.
Who could ask for more?
Regards,
Leon

#563875 - 11/13/19 12:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Dear Janice, dear Bud, dear Floyd,

maybe you remember that very early Stones song 'It's The Singer, Not The Song'.

Well that's not always true (there are songs even a bad singer couldn't really spoil), but when I hear you singing, Janice, it's just your voice, your phrasing, your soulfulness that draws my full attention and keeps on giving me shivers on my back. So beautiful, so emotional...

You have got to know me a bit meanwhile and you know that I'm not that country guy. But I sure can tell wether or not a composition is outstanding. And, heck, this one is so darn good.

And although I don't have any experience in the genre, I felt right from the start that this composition must have been written some time ago - scrolling down: Yes,1998 - a bit different from the way Floyd writes today, but still amazingly good.

Your and Floyd's musical connections are really something very special and precious.

Bud, you arranged the song so well and made it sound so beautiful- you really have the hang of that matter, no doubt about that !

Awesome in every respect !!!

Truly,

Stefan

#563881 - 11/13/19 01:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Country soul burner to my ears.
More Floyd fabulousness but through the J&B lens.
Loved it.

Edited by rayc (11/13/19 01:36 AM)
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#563947 - 11/13/19 06:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Robertkc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
J&B & Floyd,
Sitting back and savouring the nuances and feeling of Janice`s wonderful vocals ( the harmony track as good as the lead)- guess there`s nothing else I want to listen to now!
Others who know country classics better than I may draw comparisons, but why not just admit this song is on a par with the best teary hits ever?
Love everything about this... and, thanks as I wasn`t around for the earlier version.

Robert

Thank you Robert for your comment on the vocals and we could not agree more with your feelings about floyd’s write.

J&B

#563963 - 11/13/19 07:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nicely done - loved the vocals on this. As usual, Janice knocked it out of the part. Those harmonies are top notch, and I like how gentle it is. Loving the groove too.

Thanks for sharing smile

#563969 - 11/13/19 07:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Sounds so good without Floyd! wink Just kidding.... Nicely re-done. I love the mix and vocals.

FJ/J&B, you happen to have a link for the old post from 6 years ago? I wouldn't mind hearing the differences between the two versions. Thanks!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2020, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#563975 - 11/13/19 08:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Leon1]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi all
Floyd's lyrics, Janis' wonderful vocal (and those backing vocals - wow) plus a pedal steel guitar.
Who could ask for more?
Regards,
Leon

Thanks for all Leon and glad you liked the steel.

J&B

#563985 - 11/13/19 09:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I don't remember this one from before, must have been when I took some time off from music and didn't hang out here much.

Excellent song! floyd knows how to write them, that's for sure.

Man, I always love hearing Janice sing, especially when she brings in the harmonies! Such a great sound.

Good job on the production and mix as usual, Bud! CLA Vocals sound great! A little more reverb than when you were using Nectar maybe? Whatever, I really like the sound.

Really good, enjoyed!

Blue Attitude Website

#564008 - 11/13/19 11:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Alabama
cliftond Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Alabama
Yeah that is a classic country tune for sure, Great job Janice on the vocal, and the production is top line!! Always like good country and this is good country Cliff

#564034 - 11/13/19 03:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Your name is written on every piece of my broken heart

That totally slays me, just destroys me in every way possible.

So, mission accomplished!

#564035 - 11/13/19 03:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Crossroads]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dear Janice, dear Bud, dear Floyd,

maybe you remember that very early Stones song 'It's The Singer, Not The Song'.

Well that's not always true (there are songs even a bad singer couldn't really spoil), but when I hear you singing, Janice, it's just your voice, your phrasing, your soulfulness that draws my full attention and keeps on giving me shivers on my back. So beautiful, so emotional...

You have got to know me a bit meanwhile and you know that I'm not that country guy. But I sure can tell wether or not a composition is outstanding. And, heck, this one is so darn good.

And although I don't have any experience in the genre, I felt right from the start that this composition must have been written some time ago - scrolling down: Yes,1998 - a bit different from the way Floyd writes today, but still amazingly good.

Your and Floyd's musical connections are really something very special and precious.

Bud, you arranged the song so well and made it sound so beautiful- you really have the hang of that matter, no doubt about that !

Awesome in every respect !!!

Truly,

Stefan

We appreciate that Stefan and even more given that it is not a familiar genre for you. We like to say that for us if the tune has soul then the genre is irrelevant.

Thanks for mentioning the arrangement but I stole it from floyd!

J&B

#564036 - 11/13/19 03:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Nashville Tennessee
Teletwanger Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Nashville Tennessee
Wow! Just wow! Excellent all the way around. Great song and phenomenal voice. Wow!

#564044 - 11/13/19 05:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The piano solo sounded really great in this, and it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun with this song in particular! Thanks for sharing.

#564051 - 11/13/19 05:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Janice & Bud

Not unexpectedly this floyd jane song is simply stunning.

Truly wonderful vocals (those harmonies are lovely) drive a beautifully written piece.

An excellent intelligent set of lyrics, on a great musical bed.

Bud - nice work on the mix everything sits as it should and enhances the musicality of the song.

A great job all round on this classic sounding song.

Peter

#564058 - 11/13/19 09:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Leon1 Offline
Apprentice

Hi J&B
I do love that steel sound.
And my apologies for calling you Janis, Janice. The poor old brain lets me down at times.
Regards,
Leon

#564069 - 11/13/19 11:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Defiantly a tear in your beer song.
Well done on the production and great lyrics.
Congrats to all involved. Rob4580

#564122 - 11/14/19 03:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
This team just keeps coming up with winners.

Wow, what a musical celebration.

Classy, start to finish. Outstanding vocals too (what else).
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#564186 - 11/14/19 12:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Written (a floyd jane write) [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
Country soul burner to my ears.
More Floyd fabulousness but through the J&B lens.
Loved it.

Love that description. Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nicely done - loved the vocals on this. As usual, Janice knocked it out of the part. Those harmonies are top notch, and I like how gentle it is. Loving the groove too.

Thanks for sharing smile

Thanks Deryk. Janice really appreciates that!

J&B

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32847 Members
68 Forums
66157 Topics
561802 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
live the dream, ROCQK, faturner, AveryT, Hans Franz 12

32847 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 168
VideoTrack 148