Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#564995 - 11/19/19 12:29 PM [User Showcase] Born In The Country (co-write)
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

So, this song started out maybe a good year or more back.... David Snyder and I attempted to put together a party in the woods kind of song. It didn't really get going as I was trying to copy a style from a certain band that ...well, .... it didn't work and the song collected dust. Recently, I was digging through the older folders and came across it and decided to finish it and not worry so much about the style but simply make this a rocker of the finest degree. I kept the concept, and many of the words. A few changes here and there.

If you are offended by walls of amplifiers and overdriven smoking tube Mesa Boogies powered by humbuckers....oh well....welcome to the wonderfully guitar driven world I live in.

The band: essentially 6 tracks and could have been 5.

Bass: 1522
Drums: Blues rock with a serious 4 on the floor.
Guitars: Guitarhacker aka Herb
Vox: ditto

This is a raw, bare bones, rock and roll band. only 2 guitars and yep.... no overdubs, no studio magic, no pitch corrected vox either. The only thing I did was go for a live concert kind of feel. It's not how I would mix it for my normal work. But it was fun.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

Born In The Country

Best served hot and loud. JMHO.... sounds really good in cans.

a few more hours till the daylight's gone
we're gonna rock this town from dusk to dawn
we'll all meet down at the watering hole
find some girls and we're ready to roll
skin tight, truck lights
might have to light a fire tonight.

Get it up, get tight Make out yeah that's alright
a little rough, good enough, pour a little shine in my dixie cup
We live in the woods standup for what's right,
born in the country and we're gonna get tight

solo

we're just good old boys, having our fun
don't call the cops we'll let you know when we're done
Lawd have mercy never seen such a sight
Who's that girl dancing in the moonlight
skin tight, truck lights
We have one hell of a fire tonight.

Get it up, get tight Make out yeah that's alright
a little rough, good enough, pour more shine in my dixie cup
We live in the woods standup for what's right ,
born in the country and we're gonna get tight

Copyright 2019: Hartley & Snyder

Edited by Guitarhacker (11/19/19 06:48 PM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#565046 - 11/20/19 12:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
If it were Neil Young he'd play that between lines riff on single notes over the top- That'd match this really well.
You hit the Live Crazy Horse vibe well.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#565064 - 11/20/19 03:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Sounds like something Z.Z. Top might have done back in the day.

Good stuff, Herb, love hearing the live guitars in there and your vocal is right on the money.

Enjoyed!

Blue Attitude Website

#565072 - 11/20/19 04:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Love this Herb. Very cool driving beat and the just loved the guitars. Super vocal. Cool collaboration. Well done.

#565086 - 11/20/19 05:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: rayc]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
If it were Neil Young he'd play that between lines riff on single notes over the top- That'd match this really well.
You hit the Live Crazy Horse vibe well.

I'd have never pegged it as Crazy Horse but I'm glad you liked it.

#565087 - 11/20/19 05:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: BlueAttitude]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Sounds like something Z.Z. Top might have done back in the day.

Good stuff, Herb, love hearing the live guitars in there and your vocal is right on the money.

Enjoyed!

IIRC, the style is Texas Butane which is very ZZ'ish in nature. I dropped the guitar tracks from BB because they had harmonics in them like BG tends to drop in the playing.

Thanks for listening

#565088 - 11/20/19 05:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Scott C]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Love this Herb. Very cool driving beat and the just loved the guitars. Super vocal. Cool collaboration. Well done.

I loved the driving beat too. Those guitars are not nearly as loud as they sound in the tracks. Mesa with a master on almost 2 ..... in the lead mode..... and humbuckers.... nice combo. I opted to go with my mic'd boogie over the POD2 on this one. I really need to do more Boogie and less Pod.... I love the sound of the tubes.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

#565109 - 11/20/19 07:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nicely done - love the beat behind this one, I have no doubt this would sound amazing live. It has a strong driving force and really packs a bunch, which I liked. Definitely picking up the ZZ Top vibes like others mentioned above.

Thanks for sharing smile

#565120 - 11/20/19 10:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nicely done - love the beat behind this one, I have no doubt this would sound amazing live. It has a strong driving force and really packs a bunch, which I liked. Definitely picking up the ZZ Top vibes like others mentioned above.

Thanks for sharing smile

Thanks for your time. That driving beat is interesting. In BB and RB ... there's a techno kick on quarters.... But when its rendered, the techno track refused to be copied out to a wave. So I had to roll my own with a synth in sonar.

Yeah, no doubt, this one rocks.

Thanks

#565122 - 11/20/19 10:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
I get the ZZ Top sound as well in the Southern Rock guitar kind of way.... I hear Neil Young more in your vocal phrasing not necessarily in your voice itself. Definitely a good rocker and you ended up with an awesome kick sound. Thanks for describing how you got that.

Keep up the good work Herb!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2020, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#565155 - 11/20/19 03:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Sounded great, I enjoyed it. My favorite line was "more shine in my dixie cup." Nice.

#565159 - 11/20/19 03:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Nashville Tennessee
Teletwanger Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Nashville Tennessee
Firing on all cylinders. Great tune. Love you guitar tone. Smoking.

#565164 - 11/20/19 04:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Herb
Enjoyed that. The guitars sound excellent as does the band.

Nice work.

Peter

#565185 - 11/20/19 05:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Herb, you had me by the first measure. Good old kick @ss ZZ Top loud blasting blues. Perfectly mixed by the way.

What else can I say, LOVED IT!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#565187 - 11/20/19 05:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
This song definitely has an impact, and I think you did a really great job with this song and got a fantastic finished product. Well done!

#565208 - 11/20/19 11:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi Guitarhacker,

c'om who the heck could ever be offended by a cranked up Mesa Boogie...?

Great butt-kicking stuff !

Cheers,

Stefan

#565231 - 11/21/19 07:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: sslechta]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: sslechta
I get the ZZ Top sound as well in the Southern Rock guitar kind of way.... I hear Neil Young more in your vocal phrasing not necessarily in your voice itself. Definitely a good rocker and you ended up with an awesome kick sound. Thanks for describing how you got that.

Keep up the good work Herb!

Hey... glad you enjoyed this. Yep the style was a texas kind of style.

#565232 - 11/21/19 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: TuneMonger]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Sounded great, I enjoyed it. My favorite line was "more shine in my dixie cup." Nice.

Yep... one can always use "more shine"..... Glad you liked the song.

Thanks

#565233 - 11/21/19 07:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Teletwanger]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Teletwanger
Firing on all cylinders. Great tune. Love you guitar tone. Smoking.

Man I hear you..... there's just something about a humbucker cranked through a smoking tube output.... I've always been partial to that kind of sound. My guitar of choice these days is a modern tele which happens to have a bridge mounted humbucker. And I think I will be using the Mesa more often from this point forward. Takes a bit more to set it up and mic placement is critical but it's certainly worth the time to get the sound.

#565260 - 11/21/19 12:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Born In The Country (co-write) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Great rocker, there's always room for smoking super sounding guitars, in the spirit of Sharp Dressed Man and some Gimme all your lovin'. Excellent mix and vocals.

Janne

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32846 Members
68 Forums
66147 Topics
561648 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
AveryT, Hans Franz 12, Marik, midisynth, uhv14437@cuoly.c

32845 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 155