Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#568394 - 12/03/19 11:41 AM [User Showcase] Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A duet.
With the usual suspects.

EVERY LITTLE PIECE OF MY HEART

that first look
the way your eyes lingered
i couldn't catch my breath
i took that long fall
i won't deny it
i'm wrapped around your finger
i won't lie, boy
you could have it all

every little piece of my heart is yours for the taking
   you know i surrendered right from the start
   the touch of your lips leaves me trembling and shaking
   deep down in to every little piece of my heart

a miracle each morning
you're the first thing i see
your mystery, your magic
mesmerizing me
you whisper "i love you"
i hear angels sing
nothing i wouldn't do
to be your everything

every little piece of my heart is yours for the taking
   you know i surrendered right from the start
   the touch of your lips leaves me trembling and shaking
   deep down in to every little piece of my heart

Duet Partner: Janice Merritt

The BAND:
RealTracks in style: ~904:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothCool Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: 2202:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryCrossoverBrent Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: 1825:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveHeld Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 1684:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPromiseCrispHeld Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: 636:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RootsRockDirty Ev 100 (A:held)
RealTracks in song: 1000:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzyHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2585:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PunkHeldPlus Ev 165
Royalty Free Loops

Thanks, Sis! You. Are. The. Best.
Thanks, Bud, for recording Janice's vocal...

Hope y'all enjoy it.
Comments encouraged.

fj

#568406 - 12/03/19 12:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Excellent, yep, excellent.
the only nit that stuck out was the bass tone in the intro - it's a bit aggressive/toppy when that naked though it sits perfectly for the rest of the song.
The outro is wonderful.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#568408 - 12/03/19 01:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I knew I was going to love this before I even pressed play, the duets you do with Janice are always just so good!

A little different feel wise than what I'm used to from you, but, I like it.

Nice build, I always like hearing that in a song.

Janice sounds awesome! And your vocal sounds great too, a little more reverb than you normally use? And then when both voices come together ... just such a perfect blend. Love the tradeoffs too.

Band sounds great and killer mix as usual.

It seemed much shorter than 3:22, and that's a good thing I guess!

Excellent floyd and Janice, really enjoyed this one!

Blue Attitude Website

#568438 - 12/03/19 03:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
What an intro Floyd (very creative)! I like Janice's approach to the vocal on this (sounds a little different for her but excellent...maybe a little more of a pop sound than country). Great harmony with each other in this! As usual the production is flawless to my ears! Not to mention that this is a great tune! The fade out work very well!! Thanks, Torrey

#568451 - 12/03/19 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Floyd & Janice,
Its great when a duet makes you wait for the duet part and then its even better than expected!
Such a good build to the arrangementand the long fade works too.
I enjoyed the romantic swing side of your partnership!

Robert

Edited by Robertkc (12/03/19 04:02 PM)

#568464 - 12/03/19 04:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

This was pretty cool. I enjoyed hearing Janice getting out of the blues track and doing something different. Nicely done.

I don't think the guitar solo fit as well as it should have. Tone was a factor.
Trading off on the verses was cool and expected. I was waiting for the diet part. The chorus Harmony was good and sounded nice after the solo verses.

All in all it was a pleasure listening.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#568472 - 12/03/19 06:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Great performance and band choice.
Congrats to all involved. Rob4580

#568473 - 12/03/19 06:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I knew I was going to love this before I even pressed play, the duets you do with Janice are always just so good!

A little different feel wise than what I'm used to from you, but, I like it.

Nice build, I always like hearing that in a song.

Janice sounds awesome! And your vocal sounds great too, a little more reverb than you normally use? And then when both voices come together ... just such a perfect blend. Love the tradeoffs too.

Band sounds great and killer mix as usual.

It seemed much shorter than 3:22, and that's a good thing I guess!

Excellent floyd and Janice, really enjoyed this one!

Thank you Dave! Bud and I are always excited when floyd invites us in on a project.

Janice

#568477 - 12/03/19 06:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Online   content
Apprentice

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Floyd and Janice
A duet featuring you two was never going to disappoint, and it sure didn't. You sound SO good together.
Regards,
Leon

#568502 - 12/03/19 08:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The lyrics really blew me away, and the use of RealTracks in this song were just phenomenal. Thanks for sharing!

#568507 - 12/03/19 09:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Floyd and Janice—

Well, as usual, the usual suspects are guilty . . . of turning out another terrific tune. Two outstanding vocals—really crisp and complimentary. Has a sentimental 70s type sound, but still fresh and new. So sweetly and expertly done.

Hope you are both well!

Regards,

Deej

#568522 - 12/03/19 10:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
This is perfect. Just perfect. Janice's voice is at its classic best and, when floyd comes in ... wow. The tune is so laid back (love it that it's so melodic and relaxed) and the lyrics are a dream to listen to. Whatever you guys are having for breakfast that produces such amazing talent and end results - I want some :-) Well done!

#568525 - 12/03/19 10:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
The melody took some interesting turns that my ear really appreciated. And then the way you both put such a nice skipping effect on "every little piece of my heart" made it a super hook. Of course, the singing was as good as it gets, and the production was primo.

#568536 - 12/04/19 01:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Floyd, Janice and Bud,

This is another very nice song where the three of you are involved in!
The melody lingered in my head, long after the song ended.
I saw that originally the song was made for a man to sing, but Janices' voice is a great addition to it.
and it only asked for a changing of one word (girl - boy). But in this duet both voices sound perfect!

Also the instruments are well chosen for this type of song. But they sound so very bright (in my headphone). almost as if I was standing next to them. How did you do that?

Hans

#568570 - 12/04/19 05:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
What an intro Floyd (very creative)! I like Janice's approach to the vocal on this (sounds a little different for her but excellent...maybe a little more of a pop sound than country). Great harmony with each other in this! As usual the production is flawless to my ears! Not to mention that this is a great tune! The fade out work very well!! Thanks, Torrey

I appreciate that Torrey. Bud says I couldn’t go pop even if you put a firecracker in my mouth! We first heard Randy Travis say that smile

J&B

#568593 - 12/04/19 08:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nice work on this - I like how poppy it is, definitely not the usual from Janice but it works fantastically well. Love the harmonies here, and thought the production was top notch.

Thanks for sharing smile

#568666 - 12/04/19 02:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: Robertkc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd & Janice,
Its great when a duet makes you wait for the duet part and then its even better than expected!
Such a good build to the arrangementand the long fade works too.
I enjoyed the romantic swing side of your partnership!

Robert

Thank you Robert! floyd's great production and arrangement got mine and Bud's attention right from the beginning.

Janice

#568670 - 12/04/19 03:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
This is one of those songs that I can't tell you where it places with me; all I know is I really like it. I don't mean places, as in 1st, 2nd...but more along the lines of genre. Honestly, I don't care. Great is great.

I could almost have seen this being a Stevie Nicks/Tom Petty song. Again, it's not necessarily in their genres; but they went for great and this song has it.

That being said, you two sound fantastic on it! Which is a REAL testament to all THREE of you! It's very easy to listen to this and completely forget that the two of you aren't actually singing together OR even on the exact same equipment! That shows a certain recording prowess that says it all.

The arrangement it subtly doing so many things to keep you engaged without being obnoxious...or probably even obvious. But it is SO there! I can't tell you the appreciation I have for that!

The mood hits me perfectly. Great melodic and supporting choices. I really love the grove and how it's played with. To sing with groove is something that is often over looked AND rather difficult to do. The builds with tension and releases from not only the harmonic content but the choice of what when is so great to hear.

...and it's now stuck in my head! It's a happy stuck though. wink

You three are retired? When's the tour? smile

Edited by HearToLearn (12/04/19 03:30 PM)
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#568681 - 12/04/19 04:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
This was very different from your other song in a good way. Vocals were awesome and loved the guitar. Really engaging piece of music. Well done

#568695 - 12/04/19 06:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Chicago, IL
EdZ314 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Chicago, IL
This is very good song, and very good performance. Nice vocals, great lyrics and a pleasant blend in the duet portion. This song has some legs, I'm telling you.

If you wanted to put a bit more swing in there and some more aggressive arranging and instrumentation, it could also work really well in that style too. I think its great as it stands, no need to change it, but a really good song can have several excellent variations and still cut it.

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32846 Members
68 Forums
66147 Topics
561644 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
AveryT, Hans Franz 12, Marik, midisynth, uhv14437@cuoly.c

32845 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 154