Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#568394 - 12/03/19 11:41 AM [User Showcase] Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A duet.
With the usual suspects.

EVERY LITTLE PIECE OF MY HEART

that first look
the way your eyes lingered
i couldn't catch my breath
i took that long fall
i won't deny it
i'm wrapped around your finger
i won't lie, boy
you could have it all

every little piece of my heart is yours for the taking
   you know i surrendered right from the start
   the touch of your lips leaves me trembling and shaking
   deep down in to every little piece of my heart

a miracle each morning
you're the first thing i see
your mystery, your magic
mesmerizing me
you whisper "i love you"
i hear angels sing
nothing i wouldn't do
to be your everything

every little piece of my heart is yours for the taking
   you know i surrendered right from the start
   the touch of your lips leaves me trembling and shaking
   deep down in to every little piece of my heart

Duet Partner: Janice Merritt

The BAND:
RealTracks in style: ~904:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothCool Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: 2202:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryCrossoverBrent Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: 1825:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveHeld Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 1684:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPromiseCrispHeld Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: 636:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RootsRockDirty Ev 100 (A:held)
RealTracks in song: 1000:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzyHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2585:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PunkHeldPlus Ev 165
Royalty Free Loops

Thanks, Sis! You. Are. The. Best.
Thanks, Bud, for recording Janice's vocal...

Hope y'all enjoy it.
Comments encouraged.

fj

#568406 - 12/03/19 12:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Excellent, yep, excellent.
the only nit that stuck out was the bass tone in the intro - it's a bit aggressive/toppy when that naked though it sits perfectly for the rest of the song.
The outro is wonderful.

#568408 - 12/03/19 01:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I knew I was going to love this before I even pressed play, the duets you do with Janice are always just so good!

A little different feel wise than what I'm used to from you, but, I like it.

Nice build, I always like hearing that in a song.

Janice sounds awesome! And your vocal sounds great too, a little more reverb than you normally use? And then when both voices come together ... just such a perfect blend. Love the tradeoffs too.

Band sounds great and killer mix as usual.

It seemed much shorter than 3:22, and that's a good thing I guess!

Excellent floyd and Janice, really enjoyed this one!

#568438 - 12/03/19 03:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: United States
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: United States
What an intro Floyd (very creative)! I like Janice's approach to the vocal on this (sounds a little different for her but excellent...maybe a little more of a pop sound than country). Great harmony with each other in this! As usual the production is flawless to my ears! Not to mention that this is a great tune! The fade out work very well!! Thanks, Torrey

#568451 - 12/03/19 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Floyd & Janice,
Its great when a duet makes you wait for the duet part and then its even better than expected!
Such a good build to the arrangementand the long fade works too.
I enjoyed the romantic swing side of your partnership!

Robert

Edited by Robertkc (12/03/19 04:02 PM)

#568464 - 12/03/19 04:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

This was pretty cool. I enjoyed hearing Janice getting out of the blues track and doing something different. Nicely done.

I don't think the guitar solo fit as well as it should have. Tone was a factor.
Trading off on the verses was cool and expected. I was waiting for the diet part. The chorus Harmony was good and sounded nice after the solo verses.

All in all it was a pleasure listening.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#568472 - 12/03/19 06:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Great performance and band choice.
Congrats to all involved. Rob4580

#568473 - 12/03/19 06:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I knew I was going to love this before I even pressed play, the duets you do with Janice are always just so good!

A little different feel wise than what I'm used to from you, but, I like it.

Nice build, I always like hearing that in a song.

Janice sounds awesome! And your vocal sounds great too, a little more reverb than you normally use? And then when both voices come together ... just such a perfect blend. Love the tradeoffs too.

Band sounds great and killer mix as usual.

It seemed much shorter than 3:22, and that's a good thing I guess!

Excellent floyd and Janice, really enjoyed this one!

Thank you Dave! Bud and I are always excited when floyd invites us in on a project.

Janice

#568477 - 12/03/19 06:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Floyd and Janice
A duet featuring you two was never going to disappoint, and it sure didn't. You sound SO good together.
Regards,
Leon

#568502 - 12/03/19 08:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The lyrics really blew me away, and the use of RealTracks in this song were just phenomenal. Thanks for sharing!

#568507 - 12/03/19 09:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Floyd and Janice—

Well, as usual, the usual suspects are guilty . . . of turning out another terrific tune. Two outstanding vocals—really crisp and complimentary. Has a sentimental 70s type sound, but still fresh and new. So sweetly and expertly done.

Hope you are both well!

Regards,

Deej

#568522 - 12/03/19 10:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
This is perfect. Just perfect. Janice's voice is at its classic best and, when floyd comes in ... wow. The tune is so laid back (love it that it's so melodic and relaxed) and the lyrics are a dream to listen to. Whatever you guys are having for breakfast that produces such amazing talent and end results - I want some :-) Well done!

#568525 - 12/03/19 10:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Veteran

Loc: Maryland
The melody took some interesting turns that my ear really appreciated. And then the way you both put such a nice skipping effect on "every little piece of my heart" made it a super hook. Of course, the singing was as good as it gets, and the production was primo.

#568536 - 12/04/19 01:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Online   content
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Floyd, Janice and Bud,

This is another very nice song where the three of you are involved in!
The melody lingered in my head, long after the song ended.
I saw that originally the song was made for a man to sing, but Janices' voice is a great addition to it.
and it only asked for a changing of one word (girl - boy). But in this duet both voices sound perfect!

Also the instruments are well chosen for this type of song. But they sound so very bright (in my headphone). almost as if I was standing next to them. How did you do that?

Hans

#568570 - 12/04/19 05:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
What an intro Floyd (very creative)! I like Janice's approach to the vocal on this (sounds a little different for her but excellent...maybe a little more of a pop sound than country). Great harmony with each other in this! As usual the production is flawless to my ears! Not to mention that this is a great tune! The fade out work very well!! Thanks, Torrey

I appreciate that Torrey. Bud says I couldn’t go pop even if you put a firecracker in my mouth! We first heard Randy Travis say that smile

J&B

#568593 - 12/04/19 08:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nice work on this - I like how poppy it is, definitely not the usual from Janice but it works fantastically well. Love the harmonies here, and thought the production was top notch.

Thanks for sharing smile

#568666 - 12/04/19 02:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: Robertkc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd & Janice,
Its great when a duet makes you wait for the duet part and then its even better than expected!
Such a good build to the arrangementand the long fade works too.
I enjoyed the romantic swing side of your partnership!

Robert

Thank you Robert! floyd's great production and arrangement got mine and Bud's attention right from the beginning.

Janice

#568670 - 12/04/19 03:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
This is one of those songs that I can't tell you where it places with me; all I know is I really like it. I don't mean places, as in 1st, 2nd...but more along the lines of genre. Honestly, I don't care. Great is great.

I could almost have seen this being a Stevie Nicks/Tom Petty song. Again, it's not necessarily in their genres; but they went for great and this song has it.

That being said, you two sound fantastic on it! Which is a REAL testament to all THREE of you! It's very easy to listen to this and completely forget that the two of you aren't actually singing together OR even on the exact same equipment! That shows a certain recording prowess that says it all.

The arrangement it subtly doing so many things to keep you engaged without being obnoxious...or probably even obvious. But it is SO there! I can't tell you the appreciation I have for that!

The mood hits me perfectly. Great melodic and supporting choices. I really love the grove and how it's played with. To sing with groove is something that is often over looked AND rather difficult to do. The builds with tension and releases from not only the harmonic content but the choice of what when is so great to hear.

...and it's now stuck in my head! It's a happy stuck though. wink

You three are retired? When's the tour? smile

Edited by HearToLearn (12/04/19 03:30 PM)
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#568681 - 12/04/19 04:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
This was very different from your other song in a good way. Vocals were awesome and loved the guitar. Really engaging piece of music. Well done

#568695 - 12/04/19 06:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Chicago, IL
EdZ314 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chicago, IL
This is very good song, and very good performance. Nice vocals, great lyrics and a pleasant blend in the duet portion. This song has some legs, I'm telling you.

If you wanted to put a bit more swing in there and some more aggressive arranging and instrumentation, it could also work really well in that style too. I think its great as it stands, no need to change it, but a really good song can have several excellent variations and still cut it.

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Getting To Know Your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®

Have you received the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®, and you'd like to learn more about the newest features?

There are a few different resources available to you!

In the program there is a "2023 NEW Features" button that offers quick access to the newest features explanations and tutorials.

We offer video tutorials explaining the new version as well as breaking down specific features. You can access these on our YouTube Channel, or here on our Website on the Support | Videos pages.

There are detailed program manuals available on our Online Manuals page that explains just the New Features in the Upgrade Manual, or combines all the features of the program in our Full Manual. Prefer to access a PDF of the manuals instead? They're available on our Online Manuals page too!

Our Forums are also a great way to learn about the newest features! Not only will you see our videos shared there, you'll join an active community of friendly and knowledgeable program users happy to answer questions and help out!

Of course, you can always ask our team directly too!

It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows and receive your download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer, but don't wait too long... our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special ends December 31st!

Order now to add over 70 new features and amazing new content to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

It's a great time to order, with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Forum Stats
37083 Members
64 Forums
77104 Topics
683450 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Ecoxgear, ghess1000, Kelly (Gaynor), pa1000ul, caifang

37083 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 175
MarioD 156