Options
Index
#579128 - 02/02/20 07:43 AM [User Showcase] Why I never asked
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

https://soundcloud.com/joannecoopersa/why-i-never-asked

I am so excited to present Band-in-a-Box 2020 at this year's FAWM.... I hope I am going to get enough time to finish the 14 songs this year. I have started a hectic contract which is getting in the way!
Very quick recording on this one so there are a few issues....but here goes anyway.

Straight out of BIAB 2020. No editing, no arranging, no effects on the native style "LOW PLAIN classic country folk". Just some editing, tuning and Nectar on the vocals and some Ozone on the mix.

Lyrics again by the wonderful Cindy Prince.

You told me often
How much you cared
But looking back
You never shared
But the basics

You spent some time
That much is true
But I don't think
I ever really knew
You at all

Now that I'm gone
I question everything
And I wonder what was there Behind the mask
Even though we're through
My feelings sting
And I can't help but question
Why I never asked

You always seemed
So easy going
But after time
I have a deep knowing
It was an act

You lied often
But I believed
And so right now
just leave me to grieve
just let me heal

Was I afraid of your answer
Was I afraid what you'd reveal
I think I guessed of your darkness
And every day haunts me still

Tracks:
Title: _LOPLAIN Demo - Low Plain Classic Ctry Folk Bal
File:Why I never asked.SGU
Key=Bb , Tempo 86, Length (m:s)=3:32
4 bar intro, 68 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 72. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _LOPLAIN.STY (Low Plain Classic Ctry Folk Bal)

RealTracks in style: ~701:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 1728:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopBalladJohn Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~542:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3416:Banjo, Rhythm FolkStrumming Ev 080
RealDrums [in style:PopRock8ths^04-a:Closed Hat, Sidestick, b:Closed Hat, Snare

#579152 - 02/02/20 09:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Joanne,
A hummable chorus melody showcases your crystal clear warm vocals with wonderful phrasing.
I like the lyrics - always well written by Cindy Prince- and the style suits.
Amazing you can produce a demo this good under the FAWM time constraints!

Robert

#579168 - 02/02/20 01:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Joanne,

That FAWM is some challence! I didn't know you had to make a song every two days during a month. Can you also sleep or is that out of the question in februari?
But I heard two songs of you now, the one you sent me yesterday and this one. And they are both very nice.
I think you must post the other one as well, but I will concentrate on this one here:
Very nice, (a bit) mysterious lyrics and a sweet gentle chorus. The song meanders sweetly through your head and lingers some time.
At least that is what it did to me.

Good luck with your project,
Hans

#579328 - 02/03/20 03:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia USA
Beautiful song---such a pleasing melody.

You have a sweet, comforting voice.

#579337 - 02/03/20 04:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Lovely stuff, melody & voice -lovely.
Is that an electronic stutter on "seemed" at 1.22?
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#579369 - 02/03/20 09:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
FAWM is certainly an ambitious undertaking! Good luck!

You're certainly off with a bang! Lovely song, solid write, good melody, harmonies support the chorus nicely. The staggering of the harmonies make them even more effective.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#579392 - 02/04/20 06:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

nice work. It has a 60's feel to it.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#579427 - 02/04/20 12:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
Beautiful on every level, I don't know what you did mixing the harmonies but I loved it. What a great talent you have. I'd never be able to do a song every two days. I did November Novel Writing Month but only got about halfway. Good luck with it!

#579480 - 02/04/20 09:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

I can't help but question
Why I never asked

Wonderful turn of phrase. The Band sounds really good right out of the box. I wouldn't know how to improve on the mix. Your vocals and harmonies are clear delivering emotion and solid melody. A really nice one. Best wishes with all your projects this month.
BIAB 2019 Audiophile. Windows 10. Former user of old version. Prefer creating while learning over learning before creating. Passable, intermediate level acoustic rhythm guitar player. Songwriter, lyricist, composer loving all styles.

#579528 - 02/05/20 08:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Very, very pretty in all aspects...

The vocals, the write and the band are very nice.

Best to you,

J&B
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#579548 - 02/05/20 09:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Good lyrics, backing, & vocals...
I enjoyed listening!

BTW...
I see you have completed 3 other songs...
That makes 4 songs in 5 days...
Congratulations...
You are ahead of schedule!

#579557 - 02/05/20 10:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Illinois
Nice song.
Great lyrics.
Well performed.

Love you vocals,Joanne.
smile

#579560 - 02/05/20 10:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Way too close to Palm Springs,...
Tobias Online   content
Expert

Loc: Way too close to Palm Springs,...
Nice song. I like it. The clean guitar sounds a little late and causes an bit of an uncomfortable feel to it. Can you slide RealTracks in style: ~542:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 085 a little ahead of where it is? On these types of slower, graceful down strums with an arpeggio afterwards the down strum usually ends on the beat not slightly afterwards. In other word the down strum begins just before the beat and ends at the higher note/s on the beat or close to it. Too close can sound unnatural also especially if its exactly the same each time. This might smooth it out a little. The rest of it seams to flow smoothly.

#580548 - 02/12/20 01:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Joanne,

This is very easy on the ears. Your vocals shine, the mix is first class and your 'band' is perfect for this contemplative folk song.

I enjoyed my journey.

All the best with FAWM.
Noel

#580593 - 02/12/20 05:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Hi Joanne, this is gorgeous. I LOVE your songs to bits and this is simply lovely as per usual

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#580696 - 02/13/20 01:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Lovely vocal Joanne . Well done

#580737 - 02/13/20 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Expert

Joanne,
Very nice vocal shifts. You are a very good singer & songwriter.
Listens very well! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#580773 - 02/14/20 03:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Thank you to all those who have listened and commented... it is very much appreciated. I read and savor each one.

#580868 - 02/14/20 05:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Why I never asked [Re: JoanneCooper]
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Joanne,

Boy, that’s one pretty tune—terrific vocals and magnetic harmonies. For a “quick recording,” quite impressive. Very well done!

All my best,

Deej

PG Music News
#TBT The Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" Mode!

Did you know... the "Plug-in" mode was first launched with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows!

With the 2010 "Plug-in" mode, Band-in-a-Box® opened as a small always-on-top window, and acted as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you could Drag-and-drop MIDI and audio (WAV) tracks from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer. You could work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer’s track at the desired track and bar location.

To learn more about the new features that were launched with Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows, check out Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" mode feature highlighted in our Band-in-a-Box® 2010 New Features Video at 10:50!

The "Plug-in" mode development didn't stop there - With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 we introduced the "Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin" which now works DIRECTLY INSIDE YOUR DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, PreSonus, etc.). Learn more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - No Sound with MIDI?

Have you ever experienced a No Sound issue when you're working with MIDI in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac?

We have an online tutorial that can walk you through some troubleshooting to resolve this, but why not check out our newest YouTube video instead?

Click here to watch...

Of course, you can always reach out to us directly if you're in need of assistance with the program!

#TipTuesday - The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Feature Browser!

Don't underestimate the power of the Feature Browser added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020! This is a GREAT resource when you "know that you knew a feature" but just can't quite remember how to find it!

Simply click on the [?] at the top of the program (near the Mixer on the right) to launch this feature. From there, simply type in your query, or choose from the long list that appears in the Feature Browser window. If you're typing it in, you'll see that list change to only show the results that could fit your search - once you find what you're looking for, you can read more about it when you choose [Manual], if there's a video for the feature you can choose [Video] to view it, OR - if you don't need to read about the feature and just want to USE it, choose [Do it] and you're all set!

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video:

10:19 - New Feature - Feature Browser

Give the Gift of Music with Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you wait too long to purchase flowers, a card, or book a restaurant for Valentine's Day? Or, maybe material gifts just aren't your thing?

Why not whip together a song in Band-in-a-Box? It's as easy as typing in some chords, choosing a style, and pressing play!

Or, take it a step further with the help of the Audio Chord Wizard and our StylePicker Song Titles Browser feature!
How???
-Use the Audio Chord Wizard to analyze their favorite song and provide you with the chord progression
-Take that chord progression and start a new project in Band-in-a-Box (choose "Erase the Audio WAV file in BB" | Enable style)
-Head to the StylePicker window, search for a style for that song using the "Song Titles Browser" Feature (top right)
-Choose from the list provided
-Press Play!

Like what you hear? Save it, and viola!

Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 17)

Monday, February 17th is Family Day!

Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 18th.

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Get Out Your Guitar with Band-in-a-Box®!

Today is Get Out Your Guitar Day! To celebrate, "they" recommend gathering up a few friends with guitars to ROCK!

But, what if you're unable to round up your crew? That's where Band-in-a-Box® comes in!

There are more than 1,100 Guitar RealTracks available in Sets 1-352 by over 50 RealTracks Artists! Jam along with any of them when you create your own song using Guitar RealTracks, or play one of the demo songs for any Guitar you choose in the RealTracks picker dialog - simply choose your Guitar and click on the [Song Demo...] button within that window.

OR take it even farther when you head to the Soloist within Band-in-a-Box® and choose "Trade" when generating a Guitar Soloist track - choose between 2, 4, or 8 bars!

Learn more about the Trade option within Band-in-a-Box in Chapter 9 | "The Soloist" of our Online Manual.

RealBand® Bar Settings Explained

Pressing the [Bar] button or f5 while in the Chords Window of RealBand brings up the Settings for Bar for that song.

What can you do in Bar Settings?
-Key Changes
-Style Changes
-Instrument Changes
-RealTracks Changes (opens a new window)
-Access the UserTracks Development Settings
-assign bars to repeat
-Reset - All Bars or Current Bar

Forum Stats
31228 Members
63 Forums
62467 Topics
528521 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Yan Lesnevskiy, deedsneeze, Andre78, Stefan Kern, musicseeker

31227 Registered Users