Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#583728 - 03/05/20 02:51 AM [User Showcase] Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine'
Loc: Northern Ireland
Russell Moore Offline

Hi all, as a long time BIAB user with more than a few songs posted on here over the years, I'd like to introduce you to the first recordings of new songs by my daughter, Georgia Jane, and self-penned number "Glycerine"

https://soundcloud.com/russell-moore-485872794/glycerine?in=russell-moore-485872794/sets/georgia-jane

Georgia hails from Ireland, is a media grad student and is hoping to progress her music career wherever it may take her. All recorded using our favourite band generation software, the 3 songs in this first collection of demos are available at:

https://soundcloud.com/russell-moore-485872794/sets/georgia-jane

Thanks for taking the time to listen. We'd love to get your feedback...

#583899 - 03/05/20 07:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
Dear Mr. Moore & Ms. Jane...

Glycerine. Now, that's unusual, unexpected title for a song! The title is what motivated me to listen it.

Would you be kind enough to post the lyrics? I'd like to experience the song as a whole, music plus words.

Thank you!

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

#583902 - 03/05/20 09:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Enjoyable listen from Georgia Jane. Good lyrics and melody. Only nit is her vocals seems to set back a bit too much in the mix.

#583909 - 03/05/20 10:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: Surrey,England
Mr_Songman Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Surrey,England
Hi Russell and Georgia,

Wow, what a song. Lyrically and melodically this is perfection. And the dulcet sweetness of the vocal is pure icing on an already scrumptious cake.

I've listened to the other songs and I have no doubt that this young lady has a wonderful music career ahead of her.

I would strongly suggest a visit to the Fresh On The Net website which will also give you access to the BBC Introducing page. These songs belong on the radio.

And I'm happy because I've just found a new favourite artist.

Please get these songs out there where they, and Georgia, belong.

All the very best.

Martin smile smile smile

#583919 - 03/05/20 11:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Hello Russell,
From my perspective I say;
Pick ONE song
List the style & instruments
Post lyrics
Throw in the signal chain and effects for the voice.
I'm not inclined to listen to multiple tracks by anyone unless/until I know their work/know it's worthwhile.

#583922 - 03/06/20 01:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Mr_Songman]
Russell Moore Offline

Thank you Martin for your very kind words and advice - we'll follow that up for sure!

cheers, R & GJ

#583949 - 03/06/20 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Really well done! The vocals are fantastic on this, and works perfectly with the instrumentation. Incredible production too.

Thanks for sharing smile

#583961 - 03/06/20 08:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Russell Moore Offline

Thanks Deryk - couldn't have done it without Band in a Box!

FYI, the DAW is Magix Samplitude Music Studio. The 2 products work really well together.

#583963 - 03/06/20 08:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Hi Russell...Amazing recording. Georgia has an exquisite voice and can't wait to hear more of her. I would LOVE to hear that lady doing some of the Celtic woman songs, they'd go down a storm on here for sure. As with Martin I've fallen instantly in love with Georgias' voice. Blessings from the highlands of Scotland !

#583989 - 03/06/20 10:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very pretty music!!! A pretty face, a pretty voice!! Really like this A LOT!! Take care. Greg

#583997 - 03/06/20 11:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
I really like modern Irish music, for example The Corrs and this has all those lovely elements, folky mood, nice acoustic arrangement and those strings are nice addition. Your daughter is really an excellent singer and talented songwriter, she reminds me of Eddi Reader, one of my favorite female artists. I enjoyed all those new songs, and I'll be waiting for more smile

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#584093 - 03/06/20 05:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Very beautiful, would've liked a lyrics sheet to know what Glycerine referred to. It reminded me of Ingrid Michaelson.

#584096 - 03/06/20 05:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Hi Russell,

You have a very talented daughter! She has an excellent voice.

I'm sure she is going to go far in the music world.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#584241 - 03/07/20 06:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Sweet, Georgia Jane! Love the vocals with the harmony!!

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 9

#584279 - 03/07/20 11:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Georgia has the beauty of an Irish colleen and a voice to match.

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2021 w/current updates.

#584545 - 03/09/20 02:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: furry]
Russell Moore Offline

Thanks Graham

#584547 - 03/09/20 02:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hello Russell,

That is a very nice song you made along with your daughter!
I love those doubles in the vocals. Very good. She has a very good voice. Is she's planning to continue in a music career, or is she already doing that?
The mix is done very good! You did a good job on this song.
Will you please post the lyrics? Then I can understand why the song is called Clycerine, highly dangerous stuff!
And what instruments have you used? Are they all from BiaB, or did you play one, some or all by your own?
You see, al lot of compliments and a lot of questions...

Hans

#584566 - 03/09/20 04:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Russell Moore Offline

Hey Hans, thanks for the message. These are Georgia's first songs and recordings. She has always sung of course, but never really took it seriously. She's completing her degree at university just now so we thought we'd record these and put them out there and see if there was any interest?

The recordings are all BiaB realtracks-based, with just a hint of played-in strings, and then mixed in Samplitude Music Studio using just the basic pre-settings. I find though that I usually have to cut up the tracks and paste them back to get a song that makes sense, sounds like a real band etc.

Thanks again fro listening... smile

#584573 - 03/09/20 05:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
jamestoffee Offline
Apprentice

+1 to the vocal delivery and choice of background tracks.

Thanks for sharing.

James

#598233 - 05/20/20 02:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Introducing new Irish singer-songwriter artist, Georgia Jane - 'Glycerine' [Re: Russell Moore]
Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland
Ray Moore Offline

Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi Russell,
Really liking Georgia Jane's songs and sound, so laid back, well done all!
I've only just registered for this forum although I've been using BIAB for a few years now. I'm from Larne but been living in Aberdeen for many years, be nice to hook up with you and discuss BIAB stuff? Tried private messaging you but wouldn't it let me, probably as I've just signed up. My email is raymoorefolk@yahoo.co.uk Don't think we're related!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac® Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our Mac special (ending July 15th) and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

Forum Stats
36231 Members
64 Forums
74901 Topics
657741 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
2dotpop, pfallows12, dougpren, maihuongbeauty, jacy081516

36231 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 266
zedd 187