Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Still Got This Pain

The Band:

564:Bass, Electric, Blues Monday Sw 065
689:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 085
BluesRock128^1-a:SideStick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat

I'm playing the three guitar parts.

Mixed with Reaper, mastered with Ozone, all details available on request.

Still got this pain (Christiane Spruit, 2020)

V1)
So many places
to come from and to go to
A lonesome road to roam
To walk the streets of Amsterdam and Paris
at least a hundred times
Nothing to keep me high
Still got this pain inside

V2)
I search high and I search low
in hope to find it again
I have to take it
I have to face it
I'll never feel it again
Still in pain
I'll never feel it again

V3)
I found myself in the strangest places
with no suspicious mind
What ever made me
maybe will save me
Back on track with a smile
At least a hundred lies
Still got this pain inside

Bridge (instrumental)

V4)
In all these days and all these nights
I took a walk on the wild
one day it tells me,
one day it will break me
I lost my love for my pride
I took myself for a ride

As always we appreciate anyone who takes the time to listen and comment!

EDIT: Added a few volume envelopes as per a suggestion from Ray and uploaded a new mix. Thanks, Ray!

Edited by BlueAttitude (03/19/20 05:39 AM)
Edit Reason: new mix

#586355 - 03/19/20 04:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: SA, Australia
Ghostgum Offline
Journeyman

Loc: SA, Australia
Flawless guitar (as usual) Lyrics match the mood of the track perfectly and the vocals are spot on. Great job.

#586359 - 03/19/20 05:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
"...at least..." jumps out for some odd reason.
Top narrative, good good melody, and a strong vocal performance, ( a couple of spots that get a bit loud - a vocal rider plugin would assist if volume envelopes are too convoluted - oh, Reaper - ReaComp vocal ride to 8dB is a handy preset).
Good BIAB arrangement and those guitar parts are ACE!
Top shelf folks.

Edited by rayc (03/19/20 05:11 AM)
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#586382 - 03/19/20 07:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Dave & Chris.

SO good! Y'all always deliver.

Everything just keeps creeping just a bit higher with each release.
The writing is strong - not always an easy line to walk in this genre. Folks often get to simple or too "complex" or "flowery" to the point of having no "heart". This oozes "heart".

Pro vocal.

Pro mix. Guitars sound great (of course). Drums AND bass - to die for. You do the best organ!! (Always!). SUCH a TASTY solo - real Pro stuff.

Y'all should be touring.

fj

#586442 - 03/19/20 12:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: Ghostgum]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Flawless guitar (as usual) Lyrics match the mood of the track perfectly and the vocals are spot on. Great job.

Thanks for the listen and comments! smile

#586473 - 03/19/20 03:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
Wow Dave and Chris! It immediately grabs you. It's like all of the usual comments apply, just notched up AGAIN. I'm always impressed with your(pl) work.

I was NOT expecting that second background at "at least a hundred times." Eerily perfect! That thing that blows me away about it is, it legitimately sounds like a backup singer to me. Not an echo of what was just sung; but it's own supporting role. Loved it!

As you know, your guitars always speak to me. It's like listening to a phenomenal song; in a different language. You know exactly what is be said without knowing what those words are.

Nice clean mix as well.

Mark me down as impressed once again!
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#586479 - 03/19/20 03:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Great recording. Great vocals and guitar playing. Good lyrics. Good song.

https://youtu.be/JwblUfdbsEk

My music can be heard at: http://thecracks.bandcamp.com/

#586499 - 03/19/20 04:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved this. Was cool how Chris delivered the vocal. Cool phrasing. Dave yours guitar tracks were awesome. Well done

#586501 - 03/19/20 04:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Wow Dave and Chris, this is extremely tasty! Great vocal and as usual guitar chops!

You should be very proud of this fantastic blues.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#586502 - 03/19/20 04:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: jptjptjpt]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Dave and Chris
Another totally professional sounding effort. Like Floyd said, you two always deliver.
Regards,
Leon

#586526 - 03/19/20 06:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave / Chris

Wonderful singing and playing. Loved the solo - beautiful tone and phrasing.

Top notch all the way.

Peter

#586589 - 03/20/20 04:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi Dave & Chris,

Dave, not only the song titlle reminded me on "Still Got The Blues", but your wonderful playing also reminded me on how gary Moore played his axe on that song (this is an ultimate compliment BTW).

Great song, great lyrics, great arrangement and, Chris, very, very well-sung.

No doubt: You two still got the blues and I beg you to keep 'em coming !

Stay healthy,

Stefan

#586611 - 03/20/20 06:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - I thoroughly enjoyed this one smile The arrangement is fantastic, and it flows tremendously well. Nicely catchy without being overbearing, and it sets a mood from the get go. Top notch vocals and lyrics too.

I wouldn't change a thing - thanks for sharing!

#586615 - 03/20/20 06:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Your song writing ability is amazing, Dave. So much variation, and every one is quite special. Your guitar and Chris' voice REALLY bring them all to a higher level of amazing. Keep 'em coming.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#586650 - 03/20/20 10:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: rayc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
"...at least..." jumps out for some odd reason.
Top narrative, good good melody, and a strong vocal performance, ( a couple of spots that get a bit loud - a vocal rider plugin would assist if volume envelopes are too convoluted - oh, Reaper - ReaComp vocal ride to 8dB is a handy preset).
Good BIAB arrangement and those guitar parts are ACE!
Top shelf folks.

Good catch Ray!

I do use vocal rider, the waves one. Normally does everything I need, but that particular phrase needed an extra 3db cut via volume envelope. I did the same to a couple of other spots too.

Great feedback, thanks!

#586787 - 03/21/20 03:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: floyd jane]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris.

SO good! Y'all always deliver.

Everything just keeps creeping just a bit higher with each release.
The writing is strong - not always an easy line to walk in this genre. Folks often get to simple or too "complex" or "flowery" to the point of having no "heart". This oozes "heart".

Pro vocal.

Pro mix. Guitars sound great (of course). Drums AND bass - to die for. You do the best organ!! (Always!). SUCH a TASTY solo - real Pro stuff.

Y'all should be touring.

fj

Hi Floyd,

I love the production side of things, always something new to learn. Slowly getting better at it I think.

Thanks as always, we both really appreciate the support you have shown us over the last few years!

#586837 - 03/21/20 09:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Dave and Chris,

What cool Blues you both make together! Everything fits; the vocals, the leadguitar, the song itself! Your songs always give me a very relaxed feeling. I think I wrote it before: sipping a Rum and Coke (I don't like beer) in a pub and just enjoy listening your songs. To me you can play on forever, or till I'm brought to bed.

So, it's not so easy to say why this song is your best or not. They are all very good and well performed!
Oh yes, I must admit, one of your songs is still in my top 1; Valentines Way. But 'Still got this pain' could easily be number 2. Although... your other songs too!

Hans

#586886 - 03/21/20 01:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Excellent!

It took a couple listens through before I decided any problems with the mix could be attributed to my allergies.

And I enjoyed each and every listen. laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#586907 - 03/21/20 02:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Another great one, you two have the magic touch musically. Very, very pro sounding in every way.

#586909 - 03/21/20 02:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Still Got This Pain [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Three back to back listens...yeah, we like!

You know I'm a sucker for sparse mixes and this one delivers with just the right amount of open feel.

We also like the light swing feel that really works well.

Man, do those drums ever pop.

Now on to the vocal and guitar performances...Your guitar chops are always, what's the word? hmmm...how about classy. And this tune is a wonderful example of that. Chris's vocal has a laid back mellow feel but still with the right amount of edge -- if that makes sense. Meaning it well delivers the pain of the lyric.

You two are and always have been inspiring!

J&B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!

Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Check out some of the latest Band-in-a-Box® feedback we've received:

"There's a saying 'Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.' That's exactly what my friend did in 1990. He taught me how to use BIAB and I've used it hundreds of time to do arraignment and to jam with any style band."

"Love BIAB. I use it daily. Their support is great too!"

"RealTracks are amazing!!! I use BIAB for backtracks in my solo act... Still using the basic package and it's all need..."

"I have used Band in A Box for many years. If it would have been around when I was young, I would have been a much better musician. I use it for all my songs I have written and recorded. With Band In A Box I can sit in my room and sound like a whole band without having to put up with them!"

"If you know something about music and take the time to learn the program, you can make it do some amazing things. It is a great help to songwriters who want to demo their song without paying for studio time. It makes changes and tweaks much easier as well."

"Been using it for so many years. It's a great tool. The instruments that I don't have or play make up the void and it saves so much time. I use this program for every song I write."

"Great tool for the songwriter!"

"An essential part of my studio! I write songs on piano, but I'm not a pianist by a long way. BIAB is like having a roomful of session players in your studio, and just the simple act of taking your basic idea and hearing a skilled pianist play it presents so many new ideas and options you hadn't thought of."

"Powerful, easy to use, inexpensive and they even split the modest payments up if you want. No complaints. Lots of satisfaction."

"I added a steel guitar to a fully produced original. He followed every change like he was in the studio reading the chart. Fascinating technology!"

"I have used it to make backing tracks for six CD's with about 12 songs on each. They make a great gift!"

"It's simply a necessity - buy it now - the staff and support do a great job as well!"

"A great tool for us songwriters!"

"I LOVE Band-in-a-Box!"

"I see it as a very worthwhile investment. In fact, from initial purchase about 8 years ago, using the backing tracks I have made, my income from that investment has returned over 5,000% on the investment!"

continued...

Do you have something to say about Band-in-a-Box®? Post your own thoughts for Windows or Mac version today!

Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Forum Stats
34913 Members
66 Forums
70929 Topics
614546 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Frank Lennon, Roofus53, Didou59, Jief, SolarSystem

34912 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
swingbabymix 225
VideoTrack 223