Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#589909 - 04/05/20 09:08 AM [User Showcase] After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write)
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

After The Storm

Back to our roots...it's been a fun journey from our bluegrass days to our current blues and Americana music. But sometimes ya gotta dance with the one that brung ya so here's a straight ahead bluegrass song. Our good friend Tom Adams (Tommyad) wrote the lyric, developed the chord structure, created the arrangement and mixed/mastered it while Janice created the melody.

For folks new to the forum Tom is a long time member who’s currently on a bit of a sabbatical. He’s a fine multi genre singer, writer and pedal steel/guitar player. Tom and Janice did it all - Bud just went along for the ride on this one. smile

After The Storm is currently a featured song on one of Songtradr’s curated playlists.

Thanks to Janice for being the model in Bud’s pic.

There is not much bluegrass around the forum nowadays but we do hope you enjoy it.

Comments are always welcome.

Janice: lead/harmony vocals and melody
Tom: lyrics, arrangement, mix and mastering
Bud: vocal engineering ONLY
RealTracks 1122:Bass, Acoustic, CountryWaltz Sw 110
RealTracks 1699:Mandolin, Rhythm BluegrassWaltz Sw 085
The rest of the band consists of royalty free loops.

Tom's production info: Recorded in Logic Pro X
Plug Ins: Nectar 2, Neutron 2, Ozone 8, Tonal Balance, Waves LinMB, Waves, L3-LL Multi Limiter,
CLA Acoustic, Waves Vocal Rider, Waves Bass Rider

Just when you think that you’ve got it made
The sky can turn dark in a flash
Dreams of the future become watered down
When you can’t let go of the past

Come here beside me
It’s where you belong
Be thankful and try to stay warm
A Beautiful sunrise
and we’re standing tall
Together after the storm

We can put on a smile and just write it off
Say the suns gonna shine here some day
It’s never been easy but to tell you the truth
I’m glad that it turned out this way

Come here beside me
It’s where you belong
A Beautiful sunrise
and we’re standing tall
Together after the storm

Come here beside me
It’s where you belong

©2019 Thomas Adams/ Janice Merritt

#589912 - 04/05/20 09:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Enjoy it? I love this!

As usual super vocals by Janice. The instrumentation was absolutely perfect, I think you have a little experience in bluegrass music wink

The mix was spot on also.

Great work here!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#589931 - 04/05/20 11:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Enjoy it? I love this!

As usual super vocals by Janice. The instrumentation was absolutely perfect, I think you have a little experience in bluegrass music wink

The mix was spot on also.

Great work here!

Thanks Mario. It's always fun to collaborate with Tom!

J&B (mostly J here smile )

#589946 - 04/05/20 12:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Janice & Bud (and Tom)

You all just keep rolling along with one great song after another. This might be one of my favorite Janice vocal (with perfect harmony). And just a wonderful write. And, of course, the production is just, well, perfect. I continue to be amazed at how clean and crisp your recordings come out—studio quality stuff, truly. Absolutely brilliant piece of music!

My beyond humble regards,

Deej

#589957 - 04/05/20 12:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
What a refreshing song, there's just so much to like about it.

Is the fiddle coming from a loop? It slots in absolutely perfectly.
BIAB & RB2022 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#589980 - 04/05/20 01:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
I'll never get tired of listening to your songs. This is beautiful from beginning to end - from the lyrics to Janice's stunning singing (par for the course by now, and yet always managing to move us all, never the same). The harmonising sections, in particular, are out of this world. I'm no good at mixes, etc., so I won't comment on that ... apart from saying that it all sounds very clear and sharply focused to my ears, at least. Finally ... the song itself is really, really beautiful ... brilliant message enveloped in the musical equivalent of homemade warm soup ... which just warms the heart.

Another superb achievement ... thank you so much for brightening our days and sharing this!

#589985 - 04/05/20 01:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Absolutely lovely. Beautiful vocals and outstanding lyrics. Production A+. So smooth. Congratulations to all involved.

#589989 - 04/05/20 01:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Queensland, Australia
mkg50 (Mike G) Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Queensland, Australia
Top shelf all-round. Song, vocals, backing, mix - its got it all.
Stay well,
Mike

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172

#589991 - 04/05/20 02:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Deej56]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Janice & Bud (and Tom)

You all just keep rolling along with one great song after another. This might be one of my favorite Janice vocal (with perfect harmony). And just a wonderful write. And, of course, the production is just, well, perfect. I continue to be amazed at how clean and crisp your recordings come out—studio quality stuff, truly. Absolutely brilliant piece of music!

My beyond humble regards,

Deej

Thanks. The production is ALL Tom's. I (Bud) only did the vocal engineering. Glad you liked it!

J&B

#590006 - 04/05/20 04:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Janice, Tom & Bud

That was an absolute delight. It's almost like you guys have done this type of song before!

Lovely melody which is very singable (or humm-able), an absolutely gorgeous vocal, and a lovely harmony.

Great job by Tom on the production and arrangement - totally professional sound, very together, sounds like a top quality band playing.

Very nice indeed.

Peter

(Bud, Janice is nicely recorded!)

#590015 - 04/05/20 05:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Janice, Tom & Bud
Peter said it all. An absolute delight.
(And love the photo.)
Regards,
Leon

#590022 - 04/05/20 06:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Sounds great y'all!

smile

#590025 - 04/05/20 06:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: AudioTrack]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
What a refreshing song, there's just so much to like about it.

Is the fiddle coming from a loop? It slots in absolutely perfectly.

Thanks! Yes Tom artfully used a loop for the fiddle. Appreciate the listen.

J&B

#590031 - 04/05/20 07:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Tom & Janice - EXCELLENT from all standpoints.
Bud - the vocal recording is ace.

#590076 - 04/06/20 01:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Great stuff, Tom, Janice and Bud. Just lovely.

Those first two lines

"Just when you think that you’ve got it made
The sky can turn dark in a flash"

How true. How quickly things can change. And sometimes it's not even your fault but it is still your responsibility.

#590079 - 04/06/20 02:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi J&B + Tom.

A wonderful song, beautiful in it's simplicity.

The simple chord sequence and minimal band works so well and allows Janice's voice to shine through.

Loved the harmonies, loved the fiddle, loved the whole thing.

ROG.

#590090 - 04/06/20 05:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: musician17]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: musician17
I'll never get tired of listening to your songs. This is beautiful from beginning to end - from the lyrics to Janice's stunning singing (par for the course by now, and yet always managing to move us all, never the same). The harmonising sections, in particular, are out of this world. I'm no good at mixes, etc., so I won't comment on that ... apart from saying that it all sounds very clear and sharply focused to my ears, at least. Finally ... the song itself is really, really beautiful ... brilliant message enveloped in the musical equivalent of homemade warm soup ... which just warms the heart.

Another superb achievement ... thank you so much for brightening our days and sharing this!

Thank you James. All credit to Tom and Janice on this one. Tom is a terrific writer and as Janice says his lyrics are always very “singable!”

J&B

#590153 - 04/06/20 10:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: jptjptjpt]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Absolutely lovely. Beautiful vocals and outstanding lyrics. Production A+. So smooth. Congratulations to all involved.

Thanks!

J&B

#590236 - 04/06/20 06:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
A production of true quality!!! Sounds radio ready! Everything is just right, and Janice's vocal always give any song she sings that extra something!! WONDERFUL!! Take care. Greg

#590249 - 04/06/20 06:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: After The Storm (A Tom & Janice write) [Re: mkg50 (Mike G)]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Top shelf all-round. Song, vocals, backing, mix - its got it all.
Stay well,
Mike

Thanks Mike. Best to you.

J&B

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac® Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our Mac special (ending July 15th) and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

Forum Stats
36238 Members
64 Forums
74910 Topics
657856 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Alan Peach, Frank Aiello, BC Songsmith, RickD, Brightnights

36237 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 264
zedd 187