Options
Index
#602892 - 06/20/20 02:11 PM [User Showcase] TIME FOR A CHANGE
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/time-for-a-change

I haven't had time to hardly be involved around here much these days (this makes me sad) but still want to contribute something occasionally! Thanks to anyone who takes a moment to check out the tune! It's much different than my usual fare. The title is borrowed from an earlier offering I put up a couple of years ago. It's what I would class as mountain folk as attested to by some of the realtracks used! As usual for my material, it's a work in progress The band carried almost all the load on this one and I'm not complaining! T

BIAB
Drums- NashTrain EV16
Bass- 1825 Pop Modern Groove EV16
Mandola - 3155 American Mountain EV16
Guitar - 3185 Acoustic Mountain 16ths Quinn
Piano- 2917 Acoustic Country Folk 8th's Mike
Fiddle- 3157 5 String American Mountain 16ths

Me
Vocals
Additional Piano

#602907 - 06/20/20 04:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Torrey

Excellent melody and vocal performance, and yes different from your usual style but a really well done very full folk sound.

A really top quality production.

Peter

#602961 - 06/21/20 07:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent Torrey. Nice changeup. Well done

#603016 - 06/21/20 02:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Torrey,
Mountain faith folk, with a very catchy pop chorus- which you are the master at!
I like the backing; especially where you bring in bass/drums.
The vocal sounds a little different from your other work - maybe slightly less processing- which suits the song well.
Very good harmonies, of course!
I`m glad you are still able to share your music here.

Robert

#603038 - 06/21/20 04:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: PeterF]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Thanks Peter for the kind words! I appreciate it! T

#603073 - 06/21/20 08:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Great build and ebb and flow of dynamics, in instrumentation, energy, and especially progression. Loved when the bass player showed up. Great melody and message. Sweet internal rhyme. It's a wonderful package that needs nothing added or deleted to my ears. Others can comment on the mix. I much enjoyed my listen and am happy to see you around these parts.

Edited by Tangmo (06/21/20 08:33 PM)
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#603081 - 06/21/20 09:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Torrey ...

You are missed a lot when you're not around. I think I speak for just about everyone when I say that.

Indeed, quite a bit different ... but equally as terrific as all the others. I agree with Tangmo about how the song picks up steam when the bass line appears. As the song built, it picked up more and more steam. Love how you handled that. And loike all your lyrics, this one shines.

So good in every way. Loved it! Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#603100 - 06/22/20 12:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Terrific track Torrey,
I always know there's entertainment and a message at hand if you've a new track up
as a W.I.P. it's almost done.
A couple of thoughts.
The sparse intro mix is quite centre focused and your voice is crowded by the instrumentation.
I think you could open the stereo image for the intro at least.
If you have the option for mid/side EQ then it's be a simple matter of adding some high end to the wide L & R to make the placement signals clearer - or pan something wider.
Your vocal is excellent but is a little sibilant so you may or may not care to address that.
OR
Leave it as it is - it's a cracker already.

Edited by rayc (06/22/20 06:00 AM)
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#603140 - 06/22/20 05:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Good to see you with a new one, Torrey!

A little different, but very cool indeed. I especially like your vocal, it really shines on this track.

Sounds complete to me!

Blue Attitude Website

#603151 - 06/22/20 06:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Strummer911 Offline
Enthusiast

Love this song. You really got the vocals to jump out of the mix.

#603177 - 06/22/20 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Torrey,

This immediately draws you in. And never lets go from there on...

Nice build. Smooth. Good vocals and excellent BGVs (as always - you do that SO well). Good mix (loud - had to adjust my volumes compared to other things on the forum this morning...)

A nice write/message.

Several listens. Worth it.

fj

#603181 - 06/22/20 08:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Alabama
cliftond Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Alabama
Oh how pretty a song this is!!!! Just perfect vocal to this equally perfect musical track. Torrey, You always have great material, and this is no different. Cliff

#603252 - 06/22/20 02:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Torrey,

A very good song! At first I thought the guitar is too loud compared to your voice, but very soon that was forgotten by the nice way of singing and the cool melody. I agree with Tangmo and Alan, that when the basguitar came in, the song comes to steam. And it did just that! I haven't heard these kind of songs from you, but I hope you continue in this way also. I really enjoyed it!

Stay safe,
Hans

#603264 - 06/22/20 03:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Torrey,
good to have you back! Indeed it is different, more acoustic / folk influenced...and your vocals.. They are deeper, more relaxed, great! Who knows, maybe it time for a change smile Still carries your drive and recognizable style signature. Enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#603270 - 06/22/20 03:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Scott C]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Thanks so much for the listen and comments Scott! I appreciate it! T

#603288 - 06/22/20 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Chris Dent Offline
Enthusiast

Hello Torrey, the song, the vocals and the mix are all excellent here. I listened to some of your other tracks and they are all really well written and produced. Your vocals and harmonies are really nice. I particularly like 'Love Everyone' and love that line -'The greatest gift we can receive is the one we must give away'. Thanks.

#603338 - 06/23/20 05:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Really liked both the lyrics and quality vocals that have been delivered here.

There's a lot to like about every part of this song, and the vocal doubling has worked so well.

Quality delivery, musically and vocally throughout.

Well done, big effort, great outcome, no question.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#603345 - 06/23/20 06:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Gary Weder Offline
Apprentice

I am only new here and had no intention of commenting but after I heard your song I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. Very good production with nice depth (although a wee bit more width may slightly enhance with a little more panning). Kept my interest from start to finish with the (often rare) intelligent use of the instruments supporting the vocals and nice harmonies.

#603421 - 06/23/20 01:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"It's much different than my usual fare..."

Yes but - Janice said that regardless of the acoustic folk production she immediately
heard the Tom Petty/Traveling Wilburys feel. I asked her to describe it and she
said it has a "joy feel." That nailed it.

So much to like, the inspirational lyric, the great vocals (Janice was adding harmony
before the first listen was over smile ) and as long time bluegrassers we immediately
fell into the tracks. We've long admired the tone of a mandola.

Great to have another tune from you and quite a showcase of your versatility!

J&B

#603484 - 06/24/20 12:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Online   content
Apprentice

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Torrey
Great folky sound and really engaging vocal. I wouldn't have made the Tom Petty connection if Janis hadn't mentioned it, but listened a second time after reading the comments and definitely picked up a bit of that vibe. Nice work, as always.
Regards,
Leon

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32846 Members
68 Forums
66147 Topics
561656 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
AveryT, Hans Franz 12, Marik, midisynth, uhv14437@cuoly.c

32845 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 172
VideoTrack 155