Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#607708 - 07/23/20 07:24 PM [User Showcase] Pandeambient (or chilling out at home)
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Nothing special here...

Pandeambient

RT-tracks used:
RT-2475 Bass, acoustic
RT-1542 Piano, acoustic
RT-1840 Synth pad, PopModernGrooveMellow
RT-1035 Banjo, Rhythm NorthernRockBallad
RealDrums=BrushesFolk16ths

Take care
Will

#607736 - 07/24/20 03:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Will Josef]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Started out like Robert Wyatt's version of Ship Building.
Nice start and a solid rhythm to finish.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#607857 - 07/24/20 08:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Will Josef]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Nice New Age music. Could have been a little busier for my tastes, but well done nonetheless.

#607859 - 07/24/20 09:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Will Josef]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Nice and chill. Good vibe and build, and the banjo was a pleasant surprise.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#607882 - 07/25/20 06:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Will Josef]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Will,

This is really nice. Well done.

It is actually an overall kind of sound I've been looking to use for some "modern" singer-songwriter kinds of productions (including the banjo!). Especially the piano. Many of the BIAB pianos are sort of "busy"...this one is what I've been looking for. It would be nice if you listed the actual RT name - not just the number - in order to know what that is, you have to then open the program and go to the RT selector to find it.

Thanks for using that RealDrum track, too! I haven't heard that kick sound from a RealDrum before...very effective.

Listening through a 2nd time. I am really liking this...

fj

#607887 - 07/25/20 06:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Will Josef]
BabuMusic Offline
Journeyman

Love it, Will. You start off with "Nothing special here..." and it reminds me of "Move along now. There's nothing to see here." Well, there is PLENTY to listen to hear (sic). Man, I love how you built this, starting with embers and adding to it until you've achieved a bonfire. And then it quickly snuffed out with a long sustain. It leaves the listener (at least this listener) with a warm sense of beauty. Thanks.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box & Cakewalk

#607919 - 07/25/20 09:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Will Josef]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Beautiful chord progression, relaxing ambient instrumentation. I enjoyed the mix, lots of airy reverb. Clever title, referring to pandemic I guess?

Janne

#607974 - 07/25/20 04:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: TuneMonger]
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: rayc
Started out like Robert Wyatt's version of Ship Building.
Nice start and a solid rhythm to finish.

Thank you for listening, rayc!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Nice New Age music. Could have been a little busier for my tastes, but well done nonetheless.

It is an interesting point of view... I had a much busier version of the track, but some friends of mine said it was way too busy for this genre. Maybe they were wrong and you are right.

Thanks for taking time to listen!
Will

#607975 - 07/25/20 04:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: dcuny]
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Nice and chill. Good vibe and build, and the banjo was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for your nice comments! The banjo was a "last minute decision" and yes, I think it turned out alright.

Will

#607976 - 07/25/20 04:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: floyd jane]
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Will,

This is really nice. Well done.

It is actually an overall kind of sound I've been looking to use for some "modern" singer-songwriter kinds of productions (including the banjo!). Especially the piano. Many of the BIAB pianos are sort of "busy"...this one is what I've been looking for. It would be nice if you listed the actual RT name - not just the number - in order to know what that is, you have to then open the program and go to the RT selector to find it.

Thanks for using that RealDrum track, too! I haven't heard that kick sound from a RealDrum before...very effective.

Listening through a 2nd time. I am really liking this...

fj

Hi Floyd,

Thanks a lot for listening and your kind comments!

It is not the first time that you tell me to write the correct names of the RTs. I feel like the newbie I am now... what is it I am doing wrong? I thought the RT number was the important information I need to deliver?

Will

#607977 - 07/25/20 04:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: BabuMusic]
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Love it, Will. You start off with "Nothing special here..." and it reminds me of "Move along now. There's nothing to see here." Well, there is PLENTY to listen to hear (sic). Man, I love how you built this, starting with embers and adding to it until you've achieved a bonfire. And then it quickly snuffed out with a long sustain. It leaves the listener (at least this listener) with a warm sense of beauty. Thanks.

Hi Babumusic,

Thanks a lot for your real nice comments! Very much appreciated!

Will

#607981 - 07/25/20 04:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: jannesan]
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Beautiful chord progression, relaxing ambient instrumentation. I enjoyed the mix, lots of airy reverb. Clever title, referring to pandemic I guess?

Janne

Hi Janne,

Yes, referring to the pandemic, but it is not only a bad thing. When we all start to travel again in 2021 we will be able to talk/chat with everyone in the world because we have been through the same thing. New possible friends...

Thanks for your nice comments about the track. Much appreciated!

Will

#608001 - 07/25/20 05:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Will Josef]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Will

A very pleasant composition. Nice build, mix and sounds.

Well produced.

Peter

#608053 - 07/26/20 06:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Will Josef]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Online   content
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Will, I enjoyed this work. I liked the effect you got in the early measures with the pad..it almost seemed like you were "feathering in" the synth and possibly some brushes, nice result. Once the rhythm picks up, is there a shaker in there, or is it part of the RD track? And the wood blocks? Also liked the reverb throughout. Very nice!!

#608064 - 07/26/20 07:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Will Josef]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Will,

This song has something intriguing. It is repeating itself but all the time new instruments come in, like the woodblocks and the banjo. The synth has a dominant role, but that makes it so intriguing. I like that!
A very nice composition all together.

Nice day,
Hans

#608151 - 07/26/20 05:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: PeterF]
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Will

A very pleasant composition. Nice build, mix and sounds.

Well produced.

Peter

Thank you PeterF!

Will

#608152 - 07/26/20 05:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Tano Music]
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Will, I enjoyed this work. I liked the effect you got in the early measures with the pad..it almost seemed like you were "feathering in" the synth and possibly some brushes, nice result. Once the rhythm picks up, is there a shaker in there, or is it part of the RD track? And the wood blocks? Also liked the reverb throughout. Very nice!!

Thank you for listening, Tano Music! Yes, the shaker is from the RD track!

Appreciated your nice comments!
Will

#608153 - 07/26/20 05:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Birchwood]
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Will,

This song has something intriguing. It is repeating itself but all the time new instruments come in, like the woodblocks and the banjo. The synth has a dominant role, but that makes it so intriguing. I like that!
A very nice composition all together.

Nice day,
Hans

Hi Hans,
Some nice words from you... they are very much appreciated!

Thanks for listening!
Will

#608355 - 07/28/20 09:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Will Josef]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Very cinematic. This would be a good tune for the sync libraries.

There have been several nice instrumental all BiaB track productions posted lately and this is an excellent addition.

Simply a great use of RT/RD's and illustrates their power (in talented hands).

Very nice and much enjoyed!

J&B

#608356 - 07/28/20 09:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Pandeambient (or chilling out at home) [Re: Will Josef]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nicely done. Yep... I agree with Bud and Janice in saying this would be a good song to place with a sync library.

Good stuff there

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32853 Members
68 Forums
66163 Topics
561857 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
xhosa, JohnDoe, hkh, Martin4889, Jasperb

32852 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 168
VideoTrack 145